• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

So I guess, at 50... I am in that teenager puberty experimentation phase in transition now that things have settled and I have basically socially trans'ed.

I am going to be clocked, so I am kinda like why not have fun with my presentation a little and feel out the edges a bit.

I am sort of giving up the binary rigidity at the same time pretty much getting used to being misgendered, so I although I still put the same effort into femme presentation, it just doesn't trip me up as much. know who I am.

I also seem to be exploring different relationships with others and finding my own boundaries.

I resent that tendancy for most cis people to put trans people in a corner, either consciously or not, that we will always somehow be less equal or relevant and I don't feel that about myself at all. I have the same emotional needs, desires and fears. I deserve happiness like anyone else, and I cannot let anyone stand in my way.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

image.thumb.png.ad2788bf930f1042c2f8308f47ec597a.png

Good morning to all.

I thought I’d better get this sent since the post office said today was the last day for first class mail.

I hope everyone caught in the latest storm to cross the states made it through ok.  I also hope our New England friends are ok and can dig out quickly.  We were fortunate here only some overnight rain when it came through.

Regardless of your beliefs, may the holidays bring you and your family and friends peace, love and joy. 

hugs to all

Willow

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Willow said:

Remember to check on your friends.  December is the worst month for depression and suicides, especially for people like us who tend to be alone.

Willow, it's good to know that for the most part you physically healthy. 

Two rounds of barium in one doctors visit is terrible. They should have given you free drink gift cards for your favorite establishment after that. However they seam to have figured out you gag reflex.

Your reminder about December being the worst for depression and suicides, is so important and easily overlook this time of year. It's important to watch for key phrases on their social media as well. Once you've suspected self harm or worse. Keep them engaged and talking/chatting to give time for that harmful thought or time period to pass.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
22 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Your reminder about December being the worst for depression and suicides, is so important and easily overlook this time of year. It's important to watch for key phrases on their social media as well. Once you've suspected self harm or worse. Keep them engaged and talking/chatting to give time for that harmful thought or time period to pass.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Words of wisdom. @Mmindy This time of year can be rough for people. I look at my own situation, both my father in law and brother in law going with in 10 days. Its been rough on wife let alone me.

Yesterday was a good day. Va appointment, then breakfast at Denny's, then to the bank in Ft Collins. Show them my BIL death certificate. Oh, my wife only had a copy of her dads. More waiting? come to find out my stepmother in law had already presented an original copy to the bank in MI. So hopefully the gal at the Ft Collins branch can coordinate with the branch in MI and get the documents looked over by the legal dept and my wife can finally get her inheritance.

Then to the Harley dealership to drool, I mean do some xmas shopping. Final stop 4wheel parts to drool some more. I mean window shop.

It was nice to spend the day with the wife.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, stveee said:

So I guess, at 50... I am in that teenager puberty experimentation phase in transition now that things have settled and I have basically socially trans'ed.

I am going to be clocked, so I am kinda like why not have fun with my presentation a little and feel out the edges a bit.

Great attitude Stveee, 

Once you develop a clock proof mindset, take the high road, and have fun. 

“Nobody puts Baby in the corner”-Dirty Dancing 💃🏼 

Hugs

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

First for me - I finally have some nice new finger nails. :) Something I could never grow on my own.

Big Canadian Hug

JoniSteph

New Nails x 2.jpg

My twin brother and I decided to go out for lunch.It was after I did get my nails done,met up with him.He said the nicest thing to me,said he would rather have a much happier sister in his life than a dead unhappy brother.

1 hour ago, JoniSteph said:

First for me - I finally have some nice new finger nails. :) Something I could never grow on my own.

Big Canadian Hug

JoniSteph

New Nails x 2.jpg

Beautiful nails!

• Forum Moderator

Felt like it could have snowed here last night.  Well, felt like and reality aren’t the same.  But I was cold during the night.

@KymmieL glad you accomplished so many things and did so with your wife.  I too occasionally drool over the motorcycle shops, but then reality sets in.  I also drool over the free sailboat listings or free boats. I saw a couple last night that had me intrigued but reality set in and I stopped looking.  Maybe someday I’ll have a boat again.

almost all free boat listings have issues beyond my means to fix but two were quite interesting one was in Jacksonville NC and I have friends there.  The other was in Maine.   The one in Maine was the more interesting one but would need a new deck.  If the ribs are ok, I’d take off the deck cover it with marine plywood and fiberglass.  Not real easy but reliable and not super costly, and dyi.  The one in Jacksonville is a power boat, so with fuel prices such as they are I would not be able to take it out much.  Either would give me a place to live if that became necessary.  

Well I guess I’ll just have too see what the future should bring.

not  much sense getting too excited about any new projects right now.  

Not looking forward to tomorrow and Tuesday.  Tomorrow my wife has to be in Charleston for surgery by 10, and I have to start the dreaded prep for Tuesday’s appointment.

such is life as we age.

Willow

Met up with an ex of mine this morning.She has been good about my transition and even supported me.I admit I took my anger on her a couple times when we dated which I regret to this day.She seen the positive change when I started on the HRT

I picture my ex-GF coming back with a extreme right wing response if I was to tell her that I was trans.  I'm still quite scared of seeing her again - she was a very angry woman with episodes of violence.

10 hours ago, Trans22 said:

I picture my ex-GF coming back with a extreme right wing response if I was to tell her that I was trans.  I'm still quite scared of seeing her again - she was a very angry woman with episodes of violence.

That sounds scary... but you can always hope she's changed and calmed down some?

My GF is still very intense, but I guess her relationship with my husband many years ago was extremely stormy.  I guess she was pretty physical.  They've had a couple of arguments since they married where she screamed and threw a fit, chucking packets of Ramen at him across the kitchen.  He tells me she's so much calmer in her 30's 🤔

I guess I've been fortunate to avoid relationship drama like that...a rare perk of being late to the party and not having a relationship of any kind until age 26.  😔

2 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

not having a relationship of any kind until age 26. 

Beat me by at least 10 years - had to wait until ~37 to be asked out on a date, I've never initiated.

27 minutes ago, Trans22 said:

Beat me by at least 10 years - had to wait until ~37 to be asked out on a date, I've never initiated.

Sounds kind of like me...I initiated a couple of times, and after rejection I never had the courage to try again.  I'd probably still be single if my GF hadn't found me.  I was out shopping, and she cornered me and wouldn't let me go until we'd swapped numbers.  I still have no idea what she saw in me that she liked.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I would like to thank @KymmieLfor the extra cold temperatures she sent our way. Its 16° F with a high forecast to be only in the high 20°s

The coffee is Hot, black and strong, the dress code is survival mode. I'm moving equipment around today so I'll be in and out all day.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone,

I would like to thank @KymmieLfor the extra cold temperatures she sent our way. Its 16° F with a high forecast to be only in the high 20°s

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Muahhh Huh, Huh,   Just wait more to come this week.  Forecast for Thurs -16.

Don't blame me, talk to mother nature. She can be a real witch.

Well temp furnace repair lasted 10 days. Just went out earlier. Need to call and see if the part came in.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Well the check out lane at the store just got interesting.

May be an image of text that says 'The cashier said "Strip down, facing me. By the time I realized she meant the debit card, it was too late.'

Heading out for my 3rd visit to an endocrinologist this morning.  I always suffer anxiety before these visits - seeing a new person is making me even more anxious today.

31 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

0° F here in Wyoming, -29° F coming up Wednesday night. The places we go to for work!

I cannot even imagine these sort of temperatures.  Where I live the temperature has been known to fall below 50F - but it doesn't happen every year.