• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Heat wave for us. 24 now. forecast for 32. Tomorrow 30 and dropping -21 tomorrow night Thursday -10.

We normally don't get this cold until Jan.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@Mmindy thank you for the post.  My coffee is black hot and strong this morning.  My wife’s implant went fine yesterday, but she can’t lie on her back.  It was a long day and she just Ed wanted to get home so we didn’t pick up her prescriptions. One for pain and the other an antibiotic.  I’m wondering if I shouldn’t cancel my appointment as she probably won’t be able to drive.  Especially not if she is either in pain or taking the pain medication.  Can’t say that I am anxious to do this.  I’m not a baby but this is one thing I hate doing.

@KymmieLI agree with Mmindy, thank you so very much for sharing your cold temperatures with the rest of us.  You know I moved here just so I could enjoy temperatures in the 20s.  The best part is we won’t be getting any snow for Christmas, just the cold.

The construction crew has dropped to a new low.  They have blocked the parking lot again with roof trusses but that’s it.  They have been there since last week but they aren’t installing any of the yet.  Still one more building which they are supposed to start building in January.  Yeah!  Three buildings in various stages of completion at the same time.  Is there to be no rest.  At least by this time next year they should be gone.  That will bring other things to the table unfortunately.

HUGS

Willow

• Forum Moderator
16 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

I got a mental picture

You're welcome Marcie,

As soon as I read it, I did a full on belly laugh, and had to share it.

@KymmieLand @Willow I actually love the Winter cold, and snow as long as I can view it from my window. I have a brand new snowblower that only seen 2" of snow so far the year. 2" of snow isn't worth starting up the machine. My driveway and sidewalks only take a few minutes to clear, so I take care of a couple of elderly neighbors driveways and sidewalks along the cul-de-sac. I also clear around the two fire hydrants on our street.

Thursday we drop from a high at Midnight of 38°F to -6°F and a frozen mix of ice and snow.

Friday continued snow with a temperature of -1°F and single digits for the rest of the weekend. 

This means I will be going through a lot of bird seed, and the feeder will be extra active.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Back around January '82 was the coldest temperature I've experienced on the ground. 26 below zero, -81 wind chill. That night, working in O'Hare control tower, the windows were almost completely frosted over, with the exception of about 2 square feet at the base of each one. In spite of the clear skies and unlimited visibility, we could barely see aircraft taxiing around the airport.

Coldest temperature I've experienced anywhere was February 1978, exiting a C141 at 18,000 feet, where it was -45. Didn't really feel it, though - too much adrenaline.

• Forum Moderator

I spent five years in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  It used to get down to -40 (C or F: they are both the same at that temperature) quite regularly.  At -40, the oil in my car's transmission was so thick, I could drive it in Neutral.  On the plus side, at -40, the airplane would go really fast: lots of dense air!

For me, the coldest I've ever been was in FT Greely Alaska in January 1983. My unit went through the Arctic Warfare School. It got to -70 F at one point. And we were living in tents on a glacier for most of the training. To this day I'd like to get hold of the joker who thought going from FT Benning GA (about +60) to Alaska in January was a good idea.

• Forum Moderator

About 5 years ago. We had a -50 morning. Only 2 of our vehicles would start. We had snow too so not only was it flipping cold I had to dig out the car too.

My depression has gotten worse in the last day or so. I think with the cold arse weather coming, the lack of a working furnace, and the time of year. Has cause it to worsen. My wife not seeming to care about me. I have felt like taking a nice nap outside. But I hate the cold too much.

With my $$ situation I haven't done any xmas shopping. Who knows what I will have once I paid the bank back on payday tomorrow.

Hope you all have abetter day than I have been.

Hugs,
Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

My depression has gotten worse in the last day or so. I think with the cold arse weather coming, the lack of a working furnace, and the time of year. Has cause it to worsen. My wife not seeming to care about me. I have felt like taking a nice nap outside. But I hate the cold too much.

I'm sorry sweetie. There is a non-zero chance that I'll just hull down in my enourmous beanbag Friday and wait it out. Remember: Self-care is important too. You need to do the little things for yourself that bring you joy because your wife apparently won't.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Quick good morning 

no coffee for me, I have to leave for my colonoscopy in a couple minutes

LOOK OUT EVERYONE, WE’VE GOT A JUMPER!  @Hannah Renee sorry girl,  I’ll never jump out of an airplane that can still fly.  You go girl!

coldest I know with certainty was -20 in a summer uniform.   It likely was colder than that when I was in Colorado but I was dressed for it.

gotta go

Willow

13 minutes ago, Willow said:

LOOK OUT EVERYONE, WE’VE GOT A JUMPER!  @Hannah Renee sorry girl,  I’ll never jump out of an airplane that can still fly.  You go girl!

You've got more than one. I loved every single jump I made--both static line and free fall. I finally had to quit in my 50s when my knees were shot. @Willow, girl you ought to try it. The feeling is indescribable, and statistically it's safer than taking a bath.

• Forum Moderator
35 minutes ago, Willow said:

I’ll never jump out of an airplane that can still fly.

Me too.  I have 1500 hours in an ejection seat-equipped aircraft, all of it wearing a parachute.  But I would never jump out of a perfectly good aircraft.

Though I must say that starting my transition did feel like jumping out of an aircraft without a parachute.  That plane was definitely broken, though.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Though I must say that starting my transition did feel like jumping out of an aircraft without a parachute.  That plane was definitely broken, though.

Great Analogy! @KathyLauren

18 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

the coldest I've ever been...

For this Los Angeles native (where we averaged a dusting of snow once every 11 years), my first extended encounter with cold was my year abroad in Sweden, but my best experience was the first sauna I ever had. A new friend in Finland introduced me to it -- after cross-country skiing at -25 C. -- where we beat ourselves with birch twigs in the intense heat, followed by running immediately outdoors and rolling in the snow.  It certainly made an impression, as years later I made sure to install a sauna in our home here in the Boston area. 💦🙂

Astrid

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

I must say that starting my transition did feel like jumping out of an aircraft without a parachute. 

This.

3 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

You've got more than one. I loved every single jump I made--both static line and free fall. I finally had to quit in my 50s when my knees were shot. @Willow, girl you ought to try it. The feeling is indescribable, and statistically it's safer than taking a bath.

As to the feeling, one of the instructors on my first free-fall (HALO) jump said that it's the best feeling you can get with your pants on.

48 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

it's the best feeling you can get with your pants on.

I'll have to take their word for it.  They tried to talk me into it at Ft. Bragg (I don't know what they call it now)   But I'm not jumping out of a perfectly good airplane either.

• Forum Moderator

I’m back!

ok I’ve felt better but it’s over.  Yes they found polyps but they always do.  Happy to be back home where I can be comfortable and warm.  Did I mention being warm?  It was cold at the hospital.  I needed two heated blankets.

best part?  I can eat!

1 hour ago, Hannah Renee said:

As to the feeling, one of the instructors on my first free-fall (HALO) jump said that it's the best feeling you can get with your pants on.

For a man, maybe.  I've jumped out of a plane 912 times, about 40 in the nude.  I'd have taken skydiving over "pants off" fun any day.  Pants off skydiving is thrilling but it's not really fun - bloody cold.

• Forum Moderator

I’ll tell you what, jumping or getting pushed out of a plane, not for me.  But, I’ll jump off a boat miles offshore and drop down 130 feet.  that’s over 4 atmospheres of pressure.  And!! You have to find the boat again.  You don’t have to find the plane after you jump, you can’t miss the ground, it’s alway beneath you. Also,I get to see all kinds of interesting stuff that very few people ever see with no fear of hitting something solid at a deadly speed.

yes, I was in a plane wearing a parachute once.  Good thing we didn’t have to jump, I couldn’t get the door open even on the ground.  In my defense, it was an Army plane and I was Air Force.

• Forum Moderator

Jumping out of a plane. Not in this girls life time. I hate the in mid-air feeling.

Well I opened my birthday gift from my wife. After a touching card. I opened to find a set of towels. Gee what I always wanted. Didn't even get a Happy Birthday text from her, or either of my sons, yet. Oh, Well it is only another day.

. Parts are expected for the furnace today. Not sure when they'll get them installed.

Hope you have a better day than I am having.

Hugs,

Kymmie

It was good although the cops were called out.I work at a gym as a personal trainer,a guy sexually assaulted me.Luckily a couple people that witnessed it got him away from getting worse.Found they are cops that were off duty.A little shaken up.Both were working out.I hope this gets treated as a hate crime too.

21 minutes ago, Willow said:

Wow!  So sorry @heatherd.  I’m glad that there were people there to help you.

I was shaken up a little bit,will be seeing help.I credit those two that prevented it becoming worse.Both said a hate crime as well since I am a pre op transsexual

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, heatherd said:

,a guy sexually assaulted me.

Oh no Heatherd, I hope you are pressing charges. You may require additional therapy for the mental pressure an attack like this can cause. 

Best wishes and hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

16 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Oh no Heatherd, I hope you are pressing charges. You may require additional therapy for the mental pressure an attack like this can cause. 

Best wishes and hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I am and did not deserve this at all.I am seeing a therapist dealing with victims of sex crimes.The guy was arrested as well taken to jail.Luckily my boss has cameras in the gym areas and was caught on video.Police got a copy of this for evidence.Plus my pilate classes are on hold for now I also do