• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good Friday morning 

I am meeting with a friend this afternoon then going to group In Wilmington.  I am going to have to watch my back.  Wilmington has pockets of hate these days. And I need to make sure I am not followed.

@Davie and @Astrid I get my blood tested every three months for one doc, and every time I go to see my pcp which is every 3-4 months.  I’ve been poked so many times I can suggest where to look and I can watch.  I never used to watch.  I will be especially interested in my next draw, I’m having some issues with my levels and side effects of the medication that I need to have a long talk with my doctor.

@awkward-yet-sweethappy anniversary 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@WillowYes  Showed up, and I’m vaxxed and flu-ed at last! That feels good and healthy. And also I've walked 2 days i a row-- a definite advancement  and almost 9,000 steps  and better on stairs, too. I'm treating it like an athletic event—it's even better than making captain of the soccer team in college.  

Cheers!

Met my boyfriend's family last night.It went great and his mom said welcome to the family.I was accepted in and I was surprised how a nephew of his treated me.We talked and kindly asked how I knew I was transgender.Took it well and he was respectful to me.

3 hours ago, Astrid said:

Good luck!

I get 3 vials of blood drawn every 3 months.  It used to be seven!😂

Hugs,

Astrid 

I get 4 or 5 - never paid that much attention. Last one was a month ago, and, unfortunately, it showed a slightly elevated white blood cell count. Second time in a row. Now I have to see a hematologist. Still trying to get that appointment.

• Forum Moderator

Great to hear Heatherd. 

I get any were from 1-5 viles of blood when I get drained. Depends on what test they are doing.

Kymmie

They only take two from me every three months. But, they're big vials...

Work,a co worker of mine came out he is going to transition to become female.I am helping him out,he knows about me and I went through it.Told him Sephora is transgender friendly.Started today on the hormones.Has picked out the name Brianna once he starts living as female

• Forum Moderator

Hi 👋 

had a great meet up with my friend.  She is a wonderful person.  Taller than I expected but then I don’t know why I thought differently.  She’s a better mother to her daughter than her wife seems to be.  

anyway coffee is done, dog has been walked.  It’s another pretty day although rather cool compared to the past week. 

Willow

So today is the day after my stressful but very successful week on the streets and in the clinics—wow, am I sore and tired, but it's all just normal stress and workout tired. Best news ever and feeling great in my head. Got my vaxxes and my test results and they're the best ever in ten years—diabetes almost undetectable. And I did lose the 25 pounds I couldn't before. I think my girl side wanted me to look more chic, yes? I have a new confidence which should help my work, too. I watched RuPaul’s Drag Race and suddenly have an urge to dance—I SHOULD dance. 1, 2, 3, 4!

cheers,

Davie

@Davie Big congrats (pun not intended) on the weight loss! 25 pounds is quite an achievement. You should dance in celebration.

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Davie said:

I did lose the 25 pounds I couldn't before. I think my girl side wanted me to look more chic, yes?

That great Davie, "Got-a-dance. Got-a-dance. GOT-A-DANCE!"

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is good, the day is planned, and I'm excited about spending the day with my daughter-in-law. She's taking me to the final Colts game today. She said it would just be us girls. I'm so grateful that she's an ally.

My twin brother and I a year older,44 years old.Mom called us telling us happy birthday this morning.My SIL did as well to me

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

well it’s Monday morning and it’s sticking to its reputation.  Not going into details but it’s very silent at my place.

if you are a football fan, I hope your team did well this weekend.  I am both happy and disappointed.  Happy that the Commanders beat the Cowboys, but disappointed they played to loose the previous week.  Hopefully Schnyder has had enough and will sell the team to someone that actually wants to win and will allow the team management to do that instead of meddling.  

otherwise it should be an interesting run to the superbowl.

The heavy construction of the next two buildings has been completed and the last one has started site work.  They are supposed to be cleaning up the parking lot and road tomorrow in front of our building as well as the others except for the last building.  I wonder if they plan on doing the final repairs to the parking lots and sidewalks so they can get off bond.  I’m sure everyone will be happy when they are done and gone.  The only issue is I don’t know if people realize what it will be like to have to manage their own HOA, or how much the dues will have to change.  I’ve considered putt my hat in the ring because I have been on the board of directors before, but that should also be enough for me to know better.

happy Monday

Willow

• Forum Moderator

So far today is just a day, like any other. Don't expect much to change during the day. Go to work, be pretty much ignored by my boss, get misgendered. As they say SSDD.

I think I figured how to get shite done. I just need to come home after work. Go straight to bed, wake up at 5 am. PO the nieghtbors working on one of my projects. Then go to work at 11 or noon.  repeat.  as they say BOHICA.

Blue clouds and sunshine this am. I have decided that I since the holiday season is over, it can start warming up. I have had enough of this cold weather and snow. OH, and it nice to finally have the furnace up and working. Been working about 5 days. All is good, (knocks on wood)

Have a great day, everyone.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a difficult day, with high anxiety because it was the day that I as a small business partner, had to go through, count, rectify my 2022 year end documents. I HATE THE YEAR END, AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH TAXES!

Okay rant over.:coffee: Today's coffee is HOT, black, and strong. Folgers Black Silk, in a heavy ceramic cup 16oz that stays warm when I set it down long enough to type, backspace, type, backspace some more, right click spellcheck, and type some more. Sip coffee while proofreading.:coffee: Loose my train of though. Change a word so the flow is better. Sip more coffee,:coffee: and notice that 4+ new replies have happened. Hit the Submit Reply tab. Read the other responses, and think...:coffee: They said it so much better than I did.

I love the mix of people we have here.  

You are valued, worthy, and loved.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

13 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I HATE THE YEAR END, AND EVERYTHING THAT GOES WITH TAXES!

Me too. Several years ago, and I don't recall where I read this, I learned that between all forms of taxation--direct, indirect, hidden, etc--56% of our income goes to taxes. If true, that's just obscene.

And, @Mmindy, I feel the same way about writing, submitting and reading other people's submissions.

• Forum Moderator

Dragged myself in at 1ish this morning from a friend's birthday party. Swiped my makeup off and stayed awake just long enough to make sure my ride made it home OK. Danced for HOURS and my feet feel like they've been mummified. No regrets except, maybe, that I don't drink coffee.

Definately going to take a nap though.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Me too. Several years ago, and I don't recall where I read this, I learned that between all forms of taxation--direct, indirect, hidden, etc--56% of our income goes to taxes. If true, that's just obscene.

And, @Mmindy, I feel the same way about writing, submitting and reading other people's submissions.

And the other 56% of mine goes to my 2 exes.

I have to help conduct interviews for job candidates. I did one yesterday, I've got one today. Due to the nature of my industry, I opted to appear much more masculine/androgynous (binder, no makeup, masculine hair style, heavy cable knit sweater). My name is extremely feminine and denotes a particular ethnicity, which is not always very helpful. The candidate yesterday was super respectful, though, which won them points in my book despite some reservations I still have about them. And yes, I chugged an entire cup of coffee while doing it.

I'm getting a nice wig delivered today, so I'm excited about that. It's super feminine, for when I feel like it. My spouse seemed to dislike it when I showed it to him. Ah, well, he's not the one who'll be wearing it. 

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

And the other 56% of mine goes to my 2 exes.

Ouch... Hannah, what if you petition the State to review your situation? You could barrow from @Maddeeand her Blog: "I'm my own ex husband" and see if they could give you some relief on how much you pay the other two exes. Truthfully, if the money is for Child Support of a dependent, you don't really feel bad about that money. If it's for Alimony, and the children are grown, fully self supporting themselves. Then that's a real bummer.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 

A few days ago, I met another person who hates both the smell and taste of coffee.  I'm not alone, yeah!

13 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Yep, its true, and probably worse.  Because remember... everything you pay to others goes to pay their taxes too.  My GF charges higher for her rent houses because she's taxed so heavily as a landlord.  Everything at the store is higher because you're paying for the business' overhead costs.