• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Winter is passing

The spring is in sight

The Daffodils blooming

Fill us with delight

There’s frost in the morning

But we know it won’t last

We look for the Springtime

When winter has passed

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

it’s another dry sunny day, a bit warmer than yesterday, but not as warm as tomorrow.  Unfortunately, rain coming.

I can’t say I care to sharpen or rivet any chainsaw chains, but I do own one and I’ve gotten a fair amount of use out of it.  I’ve taken down some trees and cut them up.  I’ve even used a manual log splitter in my day.  But not so much any more.  I’m done with all that.  I’ll let you kids have that fun.

yoga today.  Mexican train dominoes tomorrow.  Good friends.  

My doctor has agreed to what I think is a big change in my estradiol injections.  At first I thought it was yet another reduction because I didn’t understand how he was changing things. The conversation between mg of E in oil and the total ml in the vial verses the ml to be injected, he got me all confused this time.  But I think I’m beginning to understand (first injection post change is tomorrow). And I knew he was switching from biweekly to weekly, but I thought he had reduced the amount of E he’d again.  But now, I’m pretty sure he actually doubled it so double and twice as often.

well, if I want to make it to yoga on time, I’d better get going..

hugs

Willow

48 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

@awkward-yet-sweetI live in a suburban neighborhood, and my children didn't get to enjoy the rural country life, that offered up experiences like, felling trees for a heat source. My neighbors all stood at their windows wondering. Did he file for a permit to take down the tree, did he check with the HOA? They also didn't get to enjoy country life.

Wow... that's a different experience.  I can't imagine people choosing to live in a place where you have to ask for permission to cut down your own tree or do something with your own land, however small.  I thought HOA's were something from a sitcom....

I grew up in suburbia, and the only rules I can remember were that you had to mow your lawn, and that you weren't allowed to park your car in the street for more than 24 hours.  That rule was ignored.  My father was a cop, and the teenage boys across the road had a car on blocks in front of their house for what seemed like months. 😆. Nobody bothered them. 

Happy day for me,the man that sexually assaulted me was found guilty of sexual assault and a hate crime.My family was with me hearing it.I had tears of joy hearing it.My brother wants to speak during sentencing which will be next month.He was hit hard being told this happened to me.He does care and not want to see me harmed in any bad way.I plan to speak out too

21 minutes ago, heatherd said:

Happy day for me,the man that sexually assaulted me was found guilty of sexual assault and a hate crime.My family was with me hearing it.I had tears of joy hearing it.My brother wants to speak during sentencing which will be next month.He was hit hard being told this happened to me.He does care and not want to see me harmed in any bad way.I plan to speak out too

Glad that justice is being done.  I can feel a bit of your relief... probably more intense than my feelings at the guilty verdict last month.  Hopefully the sentencing hearing will bring you some closure.

7 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Glad that justice is being done.  I can feel a bit of your relief... probably more intense than my feelings at the guilty verdict last month.  Hopefully the sentencing hearing will bring you some closure.

it will bring more closure knowing he will do time for a long time

8 hours ago, heatherd said:

Like @awkward-yet-sweet, I'm glad you got justice. I hope you and your brother's speaking out get this jerk put away for life. In solitary confinement.

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, heatherd said:

Happy day for me,the man that sexually assaulted me was found guilty of sexual assault and a hate crime.My family was with me hearing it.I had tears of joy hearing it.

That's good news Heatherd, I'm so proud of you for standing up and going to and through the Justice System, pressing charges. I hope you are relived by the future sentencing, and can feel safe again when you're out and about. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

I have noticed that this once popular thread has gone almost stagnate.  Remember this is a social thread one were you can talk to friends. The same as sitting together having a cup of what ever you want. It is open to anybody who wants to post. 

I have seen that some haven't been around lately, @Bri2020 and @Elizabeth Starto name two.  have disappeared I hope that they are doing alright. However I also hope that they didn't just up and leave. Having achieved their goal and don't need our friendship.  Both me and @Willow have seen that  happen before. 

Have a good day everyone.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone

@heatherd I’m so glad the slow wheels of Justice Turned in the correct direction in your case.  We hear so many times that some one just gets a slap on the wrist and does it again.

Like @KymmieLsaid, she and I have noticed a bit of a slow down in posts.  Some long time posters have moved on and some new ones have taken their place.  And that’s a good thing.  We want this to evolve.  Kymmie created this for everyone to know they have friends and a place for conversation.  We talk about anything and everything as long as it doesn’t break the TransPulse rules.

Yes, it seems to be normal for people to achieve their goals and move away from groups.  I have a good friend that hasn’t been to a group meeting in a year.  I have seen her, because we stopped at their home last fall.  And I hate to admit it but I am not going to be going to the adult group much either.  However, that’s in large part because it costs too much for me to make two 150 mile trips a month and I’d much rather go to work with the teens.  And because of the increasing violence In Wilmington.

I suppose we each have limited time to spend writing about the many things we all have going on, and there are so many good forums here that have more specific topics.  Just remember to come here and say hi to your friends and have a beverage with us.  We are always here to comfort and console you, or share a joke or just sat “Hi old friend!”  @KymmieL created this for that very purpose.  This is your forum.  Use it.

hugs and love

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I'm back from my six month dental check up, and everything is good. The Dentist even noticed that I must have given up cigars now for a couple of years. She said she could see the change in my tongue and soft pallet. She also knows that I won't be giving up my coffee,:coffee: so the staining process is still a battle for her. I'm still working in the back yard cleaning up and making ready for Spring.

This coming Saturday morning my wife and I are heading to New Orleans, LA for a week of vacation. We're checking out the historical south, as well as several Civil War Battlefields. On the return trip we'll be stopping in Vickburg, MS for a couple of days. Then it's off to Nashville, TN and a Saturday Night at the Grand Ole Opry. I'll be checking in on my phone, and seeing hope people here are doing.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖

• Forum Moderator

Hi @Jamey-Heather.  Nice to see you.

@Mmindy  that sounds like an interesting trip.  I’ve never been to either state. Actually I’m down to

about 10 I haven’t been to yet.  And I don’t mean stopped in an airport but spent at least an hour.  I’ve also been to the majority of the US territories.  Just not American Samoa although I spent several hours in Samoa and in Okinawa and I don’t know that I’ve stepped foot in Guam.  I think we will try to close out Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee and Arkansas, then Minnesota and Wisconsin this summer.  That leaves me with Alaska.  Places in Canada I’d like to go are Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

G'Day @Jamey-Heather I hope all is well with you and yours. I love that this forum has a global reach.

@WillowI've spent time in all of the lower 48 states thanks to Fire Departments, State Police, and Emergency Management. aka Homeland Security. Oh and I can't leave out our Armed Forces, they had us in for Base Management and Hazardous Materials Response to Bulk Deliveries. We always managed to see some local sites while traveling around teaching. Now I'm taking my wife to the most interesting locations. We hope to add Alaska, and Hawaii, completing all 50 states for me. I've also been to several locations in Mexico, and Canada when I was a Safety Manager for a Chemical Tank Truck Company. We're also looking into the British Isles, Dunkirk, and Normandy in France.

Well today's yard 👩‍🌾 work was enough exercise for a couple of days. They're calling for rain and high winds tonight. Saturday we return to normal February Winter Weather. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

6 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning everyone

@heatherd I’m so glad the slow wheels of Justice Turned in the correct direction in your case.  We hear so many times that some one just gets a slap on the wrist and does it again.

Like @KymmieLsaid, she and I have noticed a bit of a slow down in posts.  Some long time posters have moved on and some new ones have taken their place.  And that’s a good thing.  We want this to evolve.  Kymmie created this for everyone to know they have friends and a place for conversation.  We talk about anything and everything as long as it doesn’t break the TransPulse rules.

Yes, it seems to be normal for people to achieve their goals and move away from groups.  I have a good friend that hasn’t been to a group meeting in a year.  I have seen her, because we stopped at their home last fall.  And I hate to admit it but I am not going to be going to the adult group much either.  However, that’s in large part because it costs too much for me to make two 150 mile trips a month and I’d much rather go to work with the teens.  And because of the increasing violence In Wilmington.

I suppose we each have limited time to spend writing about the many things we all have going on, and there are so many good forums here that have more specific topics.  Just remember to come here and say hi to your friends and have a beverage with us.  We are always here to comfort and console you, or share a joke or just sat “Hi old friend!”  @KymmieL created this for that very purpose.  This is your forum.  Use it.

hugs and love

Willow

He will be in for a long time based on his record.Judge is looking at that too.I credit the prosecutor not giving up on me including the police.

• Forum Moderator
On 2/8/2023 at 9:12 AM, KymmieL said:

I have seen that some haven't been around lately, @Bri2020 and @Elizabeth Starto name two.  have disappeared I hope that they are doing alright. However I also hope that they didn't just up and leave. Having achieved their goal and don't need our friendship.  Both me and @Willow have seen that  happen before. 

Bri is busy with her new business as a realator on top of her existing business and profoundly busy social life (we're Facebook buds). I don't know about Liz. She's probably busy with her polycule if the other polycules I know are anything to go by, but I very much wish her well.

Hugs!

Today marks 6 months since I legally changed my name. Yay.

It also marks 2 years since my first love passed away. We were only married 4 years - so young, so long ago - but I've never lost my love for her. 😪

Discovered when I looked at MyChart for my current medical situation that I am identified as a "transgender man taking hormones."😡  So very, very wrong. I will be addressing the issue with the doctor in 2 weeks at my next appointment. DO KNOW HARM - DO NO HARM.

Just checking in with an update. Surgery went awesome. (Zero depth vaginoplasty). Took 6 hours. They were amazed that I didn't need any pain meds during recovery. Healing quickly. Rush University is a great place. Rented a studio apartment style at Hyatt House. Only one block from hospital. I walked there to doctor visits. Got to stay at hotel for recovery instead of going to skilled nursing facility. The only downside of the whole experience was that I ended up getting c.diff. doing much better now. Thanks for all your kind words. By the way, my surgeons were Dr Loren Schechter and Dr Brielle Weinstein (she/her). Both awesome. 💜

Mmindy If you have the time the WW2 History museum is well worth the time and money. I was there last summer and will return as did not have as much time as I wish to get through the Museum. Have a great and safe trip. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi y’all

Long day. Left at 7:30am met with my endocrinologist about 10:30  He was happy with me for all the care I am taking of myself.  Pleased that I started mammograms.  He said he usually waits 5 years on hrt but at my age and with all the testing I’ve been doing he thinks it was a good idea.  

we talked about body changes thus far. Body hIR, lol but completely gone not even underarm.  Breast growth, not much but nipple changes. All in all a good visit. 

then I picked up some water shoes I’d ordered.  I think even though they Say womens, but I think they are actually men’s sizes.   Way too big.

got home about 3 after a stop at Ulta for some facial treatment and a new lipstick.  We share these things.  Finally, we went out to dinner with friends and neighbors.  And got home again about 7pm.

definitely tired after a long day.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Willow said:

Pleased that I started mammograms. 

My GYN had me get one. Almost to show that even trans woman need one. clean and green.

Kymmie