• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Been a good week.My first good Valentine's Day in my life,boyfriend took me out and got me a nice pair of hoop earrings.Things with my daughter are going well,talks are her going on the HRT in April.Turns 15 next month and I have a good birthday party planned out for her

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Finally made it to Michigan. After over an hour delay getting out of Laramie. then the wait in Denver. then the fiasco getting the Rental car.

Beautiful weather here, freezing rain. Slide into the parking lot at the hotel. We are in our room. In the AM comes the fun. Even before we even get to my brother in laws house. We need to get, pay for his ashes, then to the sheriffs office to get his personal belongings. Then the lawyer. 

Have a good night. I am beat.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Yeah, this morning was the ick.

Hugs!

I've had my two cups of coffee. Feeling a bit more like myself today. I'm really glad it's Friday because this week has been a long one for me. I decided not to continue with the swim team due to anxieties...and I'm going to focus on getting stuff ready for my move next year. doing more research and stuff like that.

I also started watching anime again yesterday which I'm proud of myself for doing. It's something I haven't had the interest in doing for quite sometime and I've wanted to get back into it because I really love watching good anime. I've stated rewatching Code Geass which is one of my all time favorites...this time I'm watching the English dub which I think is pretty good so far. I'm up to episode 10. Will probably be throwing in some other anime in there as well since Code Geass can get dark in some spots...but I enjoy it because of it's storytelling and dynamic characters. 

Iowa's been a bit cold these past few days. Lots of things were canceled yesterday due to snow. We got about 3 inches here where I live. I'm so over the cold winters. Very much looking forward to spring. 

• Forum Moderator

Well a fiasco today too. First get the ashes, then head to the sheriffs office. They send us to the ME's office. They tell us everything that came in with my BIL went with him to the crematorium. SO back there. OH, you didn't ask about any personal items. Then to the house. We had to break in. once inside. wasn't too bad. We did find what caused his death.  hundreds of Nasty daddys Alcoholic energy drinks. My mother in laws old room had at least 40 boxes of 40 cans each all empty. probably another case or 3 in the front room.

a couple flat screens, game consoles & games (already claimed by my youngest) records. Now figuring out how to get the stuff my wife wants home. Not really much.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Good morning, everyone. I'm into the morning routine - dogs walked and fed, first cup of coffee downed and about to grab the second. Warmer than usual weather has a black bear prowling our bird feeders so I've got to keep an eye on the dogs when they are out doing their business. Based on paw prints, it looks to be pretty big.

Keeping you in my thoughts @KymmieL.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

fortunately, no storms only rain.  Today is a nice day but cold.  Now the warm up begins again.  

@KymmieL it sounds like you got a bit of a run around there but finally got to where you wanted to be.  

Teen group meeting went well.  We had a new boy.  11, in middle school and gets bullied at school.  The school hasn’t done anything to quell the bully.  Parents, especially dad, seems to be supportive up to a point.  He did keep calling him by his deadname.  I didn’t hear much from mom.  

today, I will be baking bread and maybe some cinnamon rolls.  Good day for that.

Willow

22 minutes ago, Willow said:

today, I will be baking bread and maybe some cinnamon rolls.  Good day for that.

Willow

Oooh, I am so jealous. Our oven died at Thanksgiving. It is a combo wall oven, warming drawer, microwave unit in a custom cabinet. Of course, no one makes one like it anymore so we finally were able to order an oven/microwave combo and a warming drawer from a different manufacturer. Ordered the oven in December...just told it has been pushed back to an April 5 delivery timeframe. We have the warming drawer here.

Last night, the microwave component died - started sparking/arcing so I shut the power off to the whole unit at the breaker box. 

Lynn loves to bake and cook so it's been a struggle - lots of salads and things we can make in a crock pot or pressure cooker or on the stove.  In a pinch, she takes everything to her mother's and uses her oven.

Enjoy the day!!

April

• Forum Moderator

@April Marie I don’t bake bread in it but we have a Cousinart combo Unit bake, broil, toast and air fry.  Bread is hard enough to get right without using a little oven but we use that for nearly everything else.  I suppose I could use it one loaf at a time but today, I’m making two.  And I have a working oven.  Sorry, it’s taking you so long to get.  When we bought our condo there was no refrigerator and we needed a new washer and dryer.  We had to change brands and or models to get one when we needed it.

Good luck

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Well my wife has been a PITA. Me and my son have gotten a clean out service that will be coming in tomorrow to help clear out the house. At first she refused wouldn't even listen to reason. Then after talking to my mom she relented. But she went back to do some more, Then again it will be cheaper if we already have stuff in bags.

I am wondering if my brother in law was either transgender or a CD. In one of the bedrooms. There is bras and panties, womans clothing. In the bathroom there is makeup and makeup remover wipes. There was a few pairs of heels in different parts of the house. My mother in law passed in 2004.

I guess we will never know.

Kymmie

10 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well my wife has been a PITA. Me and my son have gotten a clean out service that will be coming in tomorrow to help clear out the house. At first she refused wouldn't even listen to reason. Then after talking to my mom she relented. But she went back to do some more, Then again it will be cheaper if we already have stuff in bags.

I am wondering if my brother in law was either transgender or a CD. In one of the bedrooms. There is bras and panties, womans clothing. In the bathroom there is makeup and makeup remover wipes. There was a few pairs of heels in different parts of the house. My mother in law passed in 2004.

I guess we will never know.

Kymmie

Oh, my. We all have secrets in our lives. Sorry that you're going through this - it certainly is filled with stress and emotion.

Good morning everyone!!! I can't believe I slept until almost 4 this morning - a rarity for me anymore. No sign of the black bear this morning when I walked the dogs...but the deer clean out one of our bird feeders nightly. On the good side, I can sit here looking out my den window and it's like watching The Nature Channel. every day.

Enjoy the day, be safe and give yourself a hug. You deserve it.

Good morning! Was out and about yesterday with a walking group (so mostly strangers to me) and was suprised to hear 'she/her' being used about me an hour or two into the walk on a very light makeup day. Then a 'ma'am' at the food truck too, so apparently people who don't know me already are slotting me into the correct category. What's new to me is that this is happening without a mask being on and at least yesterday I didn't get the disheartening 'corrections' that have often followed such moments in the past. 

42 minutes ago, RhondaS said:

Good morning! Was out and about yesterday with a walking group (so mostly strangers to me) and was suprised to hear 'she/her' being used about me an hour or two into the walk on a very light makeup day. Then a 'ma'am' at the food truck too, so apparently people who don't know me already are slotting me into the correct category. What's new to me is that this is happening without a mask being on and at least yesterday I didn't get the disheartening 'corrections' that have often followed such moments in the past. 

There is just so much  goodness in this!!!

Good morning, having my first cup of coffee... desperately needed. I'm so glad to put this past week behind me in the rear view mirror. It was just one of those weeks for me that seemed like they'd never end...and I'm glad it's over. I hope this week will be a better one. Gonna try to work on cleaning my apartment a little bit today to try to start my week off on a better foot. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I've made my first cup, bold and black.

I am a little disappointed with my bread.  It really looked right when I put it in the oven. Nicely risen, rounded top.  But when I took it out the top had flattened.  Tastes fine just doesn’t look like I’d expected.  The raisin bread came out pretty Good!  We already ate ½ a loaf.  

We’ve been catching up on Netflix.  Broadcast tv has been disappointing.  Seems like the have very few new episodes, everything is a repeat and March Madness hasn’t even begun.  We had started Stranger Things quite a while ago but stopped.  And we started Outlander, but have caught up until the last three seasons come out.  Apparently, another pay cable channel has the exclusive rights for the next three years.  I suppose we’ll have to find another one to enjoy.  We could do an Amazon Prime, anybody got a recommendation?  

hugs

Willow

10 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

I've made my first cup, bold and black.

I am a little disappointed with my bread.  It really looked right when I put it in the oven. Nicely risen, rounded top.  But when I took it out the top had flattened.  Tastes fine just doesn’t look like I’d expected.  The raisin bread came out pretty Good!  We already ate ½ a loaf.  

We’ve been catching up on Netflix.  Broadcast tv has been disappointing.  Seems like the have very few new episodes, everything is a repeat and March Madness hasn’t even begun.  We had started Stranger Things quite a while ago but stopped.  And we started Outlander, but have caught up until the last three seasons come out.  Apparently, another pay cable channel has the exclusive rights for the next three years.  I suppose we’ll have to find another one to enjoy.  We could do an Amazon Prime, anybody got a recommendation?  

hugs

Willow

The bread sounds delicious! Since the microwave of our combo oven/microwave/warming drawer has now joined the oven in the land of dead appliances...and the new oven/microwave isn't due in until April, we ordered a microwave/convection oven/air fryer combo thru Amazon. So, we'll at least be able to do some light baking soon.

Amazon Prime suggestions? The Marvelous Mrs. Maizel. The Expanse (if you like science fiction). Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

The ABC murders maybe if you like mysteries.

A lot of things on there end up being paid for.  Which is ok I guess if you are really interested.

Good morning All, or should I say good afternoon. I'm a bit late to the party today. Just moving a little slow. My best wishes @KymmieL Been there myself a couple times. It's never easy. Hope all goes as well as it possibly can considering.

Donica

My niece Tracy and and I had time together.She is transgender like me now 18 years old.Good thing is my brother has been supportive of her transition.She started her transition at age 16 which I have been helping her out and told me she has decided not to have the GRS.Is like me,happy the way I am

Good morning, all!! Another early start for me but we ended up going to bed around 9PM last night and I fell asleep almost immediately so getting 5+ hours seems to be my norm.

Sending out good thoughts for @KymmieL today that all goes smoothly.

• Forum Moderator

Yesterday wasn't too bad. We found the keys and title for my brothers cars. The friend across the street bought them. The clean out crew was fantastic. 2 20' trailer loads. Today the deep cleaning crew comes and they are dropping off the trailer to load.

Wife is doing OK. Did brunch with her aunt and Uncle. which was nice.

Have a good presidents day.

Kymmie