• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Depending on what time of day and the weather. For relaxing is writing my stories. Then working on the car or one of my many models.

I did check equality Wyoming. They gave me a link to UW LGBTQ+++ they have a space and resources by does seem to have any support groups.

I did email the local pflag chapter seeing if I could get something back.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Willow said:

@heatherd wow,  that’s worth two WOW!  That’s really something!  You and your identical twin brother are helping another set of identical twins now girl boy too.

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating.  I believe anything we can do to help teens to understand, to know that there are others that know what they are going through and want to help, is our contribution.  Giving back in some way is what we all need to do.  A BIG Thank You to you and your brother for sure.

hugs

Willow

Yes,found the sister that is now a brother had her hair cut like a boy's hair cut.Now lives as a boy and will be put on estrogen blockers.Parents want to see him happy and being supportive

3 hours ago, Jani said:

...and a great way to add pounds! 

I was asked how I could possibly lose 25 pounds in six months. "Well," I said. "It's easy. First you change your gender, then . . ."

Good afternoon everyone! Late to the table today - had to head out early to help a relative who ended up in the hospital last night. Home now and just relaxing for the rest of the evening. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Good morning, everyone! The dogs have been fed and walked, and I've already had my first cup of coffee so I think I'm lucid enough to spend a few minutes here catching up. I hope everyone in the path of the storms is safe and sound!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Having my coffee right now then heading to the Y for Aqua Fitness and Senior strength and Stretch.

Otherwise not much going on here. Looking forward to a relaxing day when we get home.  Oh wait, I have a relaxing day nearly every day.  

Sadwadi 

Willow

Good morning TGP!

I'm having some ginger tea and getting ready for the workday.  20% of the company I work for got laid off a couple weeks ago, but I managed to hang on to my job.  We're all dealing with the changed environment at work.  I'm thankful I'm not in the unemployment line today.

Hugs,

Lydia

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

Otherwise not much going on here. Looking forward to a relaxing day when we get home.  Oh wait, I have a relaxing day nearly every day. 

Rub it in why don't you. jeez. Well today is a relaxing day, it is my Sunday now. Actually got some of the things I wanted to get done , done yesterday. Was able to get the bracket for my new fuel pump welded and painted on the wagon. I was also able to get the license plate bracket and light mounted on the new explorer. now just need to wire the light and get some license plate bolts.

Don't blame me for this weather, I was in Michigan when it started and had to deal with it as well. LOL. Luckily I left before the ice storm hit. Dodged the bullet with that one.

Today more work on the wagon, more fuel system plumbing. But I am on the downward side so it should go easier. time will tell.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Kymmie.

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL Hey, I worked hard to get to the point where I could have some leasure time.  Yours time is coming. if your wagon is anything like my boat was, it will take a lot more time to finish the last few things than you expect.  And of course something you think is finished won’t be.

Hey, make sure you use license plate screws that aren’t easily removed. Like torx head or even safety torx.  Some one blame you for bringing the storm to Wyoming?  Last I checked Michigan is east of Wyoming and the storms usually come out of the west or northwest.  

Exercise classes went well. Unfortunately, I am usually pretty beat after the aqua Fitness class so the strength and stretch suffers some.

Good morning, everyone!!! Waiting for the coffee to kick in - dogs have already gone back to sleep after their walk and breakfast. Maybe I should, too. 🙂 Enjoy your day!!!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I've been on a family vacation for five days, and there were two newborn babies there. So you know where this baby whisperer's attention was. Yes I've still got the touch.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

2 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone,

I've been on a family vacation for five days, and there were two newborn babies there. So you know where this baby whisperer's attention was. Yes I've still got the touch.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning, Mindy! I was wondering how your time away with family went. Sounds like it was heavenly for you. 💕

• Forum Moderator

I guess it’s morning although I don’t know that I want it to be.  

First I was awakened by a fire truck that sat nearby for about 40 minutes.  I suppose they were here to assist a paramedics crew.  They always send a truck and with an EMS. Around here.  Everywhere I suppose.

then I couldn’t get back to sleep.  I made brownies last night and I think they kicked in to help keep me awake.  We ate too many, but we hadn’t had made from scratch brownies in a long time.

our dog seems to have a bad case of fleas.  I’ve bathed her used the liquid flea treatment on her twice, gotten her a flea collar, and combed her with a firmanator comb.  I did that outside and combed out a lot of live fleas and eggs but I think that actually made her worse.  I feel bad but I’m running out of ways to help her.

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

They always send a truck and with an EMS. Around here.  Everywhere I suppose.

Good morning Willow,

There are many reasons Fire and EMS send multiple units to a medical call. Sadly the most common reason is they're under staffed and need two units sent just so they have four responders there. Even in the case of a fully staffed agency, we like to see two units dispatched because if it requires CPR, the person doing compressions should only be in that position for no more than two minutes to remain effective. Another reason is for lifting and carrying a person of size.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy Sounds like your vacation was nicer than mine. cleaning out a house of your dead brother in law to be sold isn't really fun.

@WillowBeing awaken by sirens isn't fun. when I was way younger I was afraid of sirens. Would hide in between the screen and main door. Until one time the screen door wouldn't open. I found out what was making the sounds. I still can see the scar.

Back to the grind today. At least I get to drive around.

Coffee is nice and hot. tastes so good.

Hugs, to all.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, Willow said:

I was awakened by a fire truck that sat nearby for about 40 minutes.

Years ago, when we were living in town, we were woke up by the fire trucks in front of the house.  The house across the street was on fire.

It seems some guys were in there huffing gasoline (of all things) and one of the idiots decided to light a cigarette.  Actually a true story.  Stupidity knows no bounds.

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Actually a true story.  Stupidity knows no bounds.

Public Safety is made up mostly of calls, saving people form Darwinism, or Stupid Human Tricks.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

There are many reasons Fire and EMS send multiple units to a medical call. Sadly the most common reason is they're under staffed and need two units sent just so they have four responders there. Even in the case of a fully staffed agency, we like to see two units dispatched because if it requires CPR, the person doing compressions should only be in that position for no more than two minutes to remain effective. Another reason is for lifting and carrying a person of size.

When I was on the fire department, they would get called out for anything potentially life-threatening.  The fire department could be here in 5 minutes; the ambulance would take 20.  They would also get called out for non-life-threatening calls if the ambulance would be delayed.  Mostly it was the medical first responders on the fire department that were called out, but for CPR, it was every available person.  If you do a full 2-minute shift of effective CPR, you need a 10 or 15 minute break to recover.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

If you do a full 2-minute shift of effective CPR, you need a 10 or 15 minute break to recover.

So true Kathy, we're lucky to have three of the LUCAS CPR Machines. One on each of our three city ambulances. They're expensive, but they free up personnel, and space around the victim.

rrmu0gbabk_lucasdevice1000x800px.jpg

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

cleaning out a house of your dead brother in law to be sold isn't really fun.

Kymmie,

I've been following your posts on the trip to MI and cleaning out your brother-in-laws house. You're correct, it's not fun. However it can be rewarding, and humbling as you move through the process.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy My youngest did expand his collection of video game consoles, with some old school ones. Plus my brother in law had a few things would be collectable. In addition to the house we also inherited property in upper lower Michigan. My wife actually found her mothers ashes, she had been told they were used for fertilizer. So she has all but her youngest brothers ashes.

Kymmie

Good morning, everyone! I’m two cups of coffee into the day, dogs are walked and fed and I’ve caught up on the news of the day.

I won’t jinx things now - will provide the details later - but this week has held some wonderful things for me already and today, hopefully, a major advance in my journey. I am excited, scared, hopeful and full of anticipation. 

Send good old vibes my way, that it all works out as I hope it does!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

Just wanted to say hi, then I have to get going. We have to be in Charleston.

Fire and EMS showed up again yesterday.  Two firefighters got out of a Squad truck. They were here quite a while before EMS arrived.  Obviously from a different area, they followed GPS whereas squad new the shortest route.  

finishing my coffee then I’ll get moving.

Willow