• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

Tomorrow may be a banner day, as my older daughter has agreed to meet with me for church in the town where she attends college. I'm hoping it starts a process of reconnecting, acceptance, and understanding.

Sending my prayers.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm feeling more aware today of how lonely I've been since my wife died, which was nearly two years ago. I have some people I can count on, but most days and most of the day I'm at home because the fatigue from fibromyalgia has been limiting. I have been intensely out of sorts about some things in my life lately, and today it hit me clearly that it's really the feeling of loneliness. I'm pretty independent and love solitude so it's an odd contradiction. But I could see clearly today how lonely I am, and it was both relieving to know why I've been so weird and also like a kick in the stomach to feel the loneliness so directly. I do get out at least twice  week, one of those days is to a gay seniors center in Queens that has a new trans support group. 

3 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

one branch of the family that was minor royalty

I have heard that there was some kind of nobility on the Swedish side of my family, probably pretty far back.  But as far as I can tell, it wasn't a big deal.  Apparently it wasn't as important there as in some other countries.

My other side is German, and nothing special there either.

Guess I'm just a regular people person.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

I'm feeling more aware today of how lonely I've been since my wife died,

My ex is still living, but remarried now.  But I sure understand the loneliness.  We were married around 45 years and I still miss her and she's frequently in my dreams.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

… and today it hit me clearly that it's really the feeling of loneliness.

Hello, Dillon

I know exactly what you mean when you say that, for a stretch of time, you'd been feeling … what shall I call it? out-of-sorts? ill-at-ease? and it may take weeks or even months before we realize it's loneliness. I live alone, and, although I have a life-partner, we lived apart. Recently, she and I have talked about how on how few friends we have left. That reality became extra-clear only the other day when I was updating my Will and considering whose names to enter for the Will's witnesses. When I had done my original Will about a dozen years ago I might have chosen easily from among my many friends and co-workers. Today it's a real head-scratcher. I mention only to say that for both my partner and I: we've decided we are going to have to pay extra-special attention to the friends we still have left. It's a bit like your going to the Queens seniors' group: real action on our parts is necessary to lessen, if not eliminate entirely, this awful feeling of loneliness.

I wish you the best!

Rianon

Met up with good friends from the high school years,we were on the football team and some on the basketball team.It was tough for them to accept the changes when I told them I was going to transition at first.Good thing is they see me as the same person but much happier.Took them time to accept it and did support me 

2 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

Top o' th' mornin' to you all. I've no Irish or Scottish blood in me - one half is a mix of English, perhaps Welsh, and German. The other half is Finnish - my mother's parents both came from Helsinki. Ok, so I'm half Finnish, or finished, or perhaps to correct term would be Finn. For the few of you who know my last name, Finn would be appropriate.

Anyway, lazy day today. Tomorrow may be a banner day, as my older daughter has agreed to meet with me for church in the town where she attends college. I'm hoping it starts a process of reconnecting, acceptance, and understanding.

Hi Hannah. Since one of the great Celtic heroes is named Finn McCool--or McCaul back when, we weren't very good at spelling--you are now an adoptive Scot. My own clan will take you in; welcome to the "Gentyle Johnstones." The sobriquet was not intended as a compliment as the clan was a bunch of border reivers.

Enjoy church with your daughter.

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'm feeling more aware today of how lonely I've been since my wife died, which was nearly two years ago. I have some people I can count on, but most days and most of the day I'm at home because the fatigue from fibromyalgia has been limiting. I have been intensely out of sorts about some things in my life lately, and today it hit me clearly that it's really the feeling of loneliness. I'm pretty independent and love solitude so it's an odd contradiction. But I could see clearly today how lonely I am, and it was both relieving to know why I've been so weird and also like a kick in the stomach to feel the loneliness so directly. I do get out at least twice  week, one of those days is to a gay seniors center in Queens that has a new trans support group. 

Hello Dillon    It has been 2 years at the end off april that my wife passed away, I to feel the loneliness I still have my work 4 days a week but I do miss someone to talk to, just wanted to say that you are not alone.

1 hour ago, rachel w said:

Hello Dillon    It has been 2 years at the end off april that my wife passed away, I to feel the loneliness I still have my work 4 days a week but I do miss someone to talk to, just wanted to say that you are not alone.

Hi, everyone!

As I've discovered, it takes real work to combat the feeling of loneliness. It still comes on me, but each morning when I'm journaling (I'm one of those odd people who journals every day 😊 ) I will jot down something –– a call I might make, a friend I should visit, a neighbor whose door I could knock on and ask how she's doing –– something, anything to lessen the feeling that comes with living alone.

Stay strong, all of us!

Rianon

3 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Hi Hannah. Since one of the great Celtic heroes is named Finn McCool--or McCaul back when, we weren't very good at spelling--you are now an adoptive Scot. My own clan will take you in; welcome to the "Gentyle Johnstones." The sobriquet was not intended as a compliment as the clan was a bunch of border reivers.

Enjoy church with your daughter.

Regardless of the origin, I proudly accept. "Do dheagh shlainte!"🥃

I'm another one with plenty of Celtic ancestry, Scottish and Irish. Clan Malcolm (also MacCallum) on the Scottish heritage and the family Kearns on the Irish side. Alas, I would need to naturalize as Irish citizen. I lived in Ireland during 1989 and 1990. As part of obtaining a work permit, it was discovered that I met none of the family qualifications.

I am always bemused by how American St Patrick's day is. At the time we lived there it was still a religious holiday and didn't have a formal parade I believe, although there is a good  sized one in Dublin these days. Pubs were 'closed' but you get a drink if 'ye knew the barman' or were staying at a hotel. In 1990, we stayed in Dingle and turned a late night music session into a impromptu parade at 5:30 am, when our hotel bar ran out beer; marching to the other  hotel for a morning cap.

Corned Beef was unknown to the Irish so we substituted Irish stew. Most folks drank stout (Guinness or Murphy's), we lived in Cork city where Murphy's was brewed.

2 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

Regardless of the origin, I proudly accept. "Do dheagh shlainte!"🥃

😁

13 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

When my father was researching his ancestry, he found one branch of the family that was minor royalty, meaning that there were royal ancestors all the way back to William I.  I was impressed.  Until I calculated how many ancestors I would have had in 1066 and looked up the population of Britain at that time.  The number of ancestors is considerably larger than the entire population, meaning that it is very likely that anyone with British ancestry is related to William I somehow!  😄

Interesting how so many people have some sort of royal ancestry.  Something about the Plague narrowing the population, or so I've heard.  My husband is minor German royalty, and if the Germans hadn't lost WWI he'd actually be in line to be a count of something-or-other over there...his uncle would be the current holder of the title, if such things mattered.  And since all the royalty of Europe were intermarried at some point, that probably makes my husband a very distant relative of yours.  I guess we're all just 7 steps away from each other, like that TV show 😆

We had St. Patrick's Day yesterday.  Of course, the evening was spent in a bar.  Kind of hilarious that my husband was the only adult in our family with any Irish ancestry.  Yet, there's some crossover from Irish folk music to popular folk songs and war songs here in the South.  We had some good beer and some good music anyways. 

Thank you everyone for your responses about loneliness. It was a rough day, but it helped to share here and read the responses.

Good morning, all. No royalty here although I've always called and tried to treat my wife like a Queen.

It's a chilly but sunny day here and Spring is surely coming - lots of Spring birds here already and some of the plants and trees are starting to bud out. 

No real plans for today - looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying the process of discovery that accepting my reality has begun.

Be safe and enjoy this day!

Woke up too early with my stomach complaining, so instead of coffee this morning it's tea and activated charcoal capsules. That always seems to work. 

The sun is doing its morning slant, which I always enjoy this time of year. You know, where the shadows are long and the areas of light on the ground, between the trees, are streaks.

I was interviewed for a podcast at my church, and it went live on the website Friday. Some people have already heard it and said very nice things to me. I'll put a link in the religion forums. The first half of the podcast is about my coming out, well it's all about my coming out, but I have some spiritual things to say in it too.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning campers. Coffee is ready, brewed just the way I like it!  

Many years ago, I hated Monday’s.  But that was because I really disliked my boss.  Then he was let go and Monday didn’t bother me any more or ever again.  So, today is just like any other day to me. The plan is to go to the Y for stretch and strength.  Right now I’m vacuuming my living room.  Yes I’m being lazy and letting a robot do it.  But I told it where to go, literally! Lol.

strange thing about it, it pulls dog hair up out of the carpet better than our vacuum but won’t suck it up into its container.  The vacuum cleaner won’t get the down deep fur but does suck it up off the surface.  Both are rated for pet hair.  Laundry is done for this week.  

I made pizza from scratch yesterday, we had half yesterday and will have the rest tonight.  We’ve decided the I will make dinner on my days off and my wife will make it the other days. 

Enjoy your day playing pinball with the wizard.  Remember he always gets the replay.

Willow

Good morning all.  It's a beautiful morning in AZ, and it's nice to sit on the patio and enjoy that first cup of coffee.

@Dillon, congratulations on the podcast. I look forward to seeing the link! 

@Willow, pizza from scratch?!?! WOW!!! That's impressive. I'm a fair cook, but making pizza dough is out of my league. And, I really enjoyed your reference to Tommy. Made me remember my youth. 🙂

• Forum Moderator

Tommy was a trippy movie for sure.

Anywho, Well I hit the road tomorrow AM. heading to Florida. I need to be there with my mom. Dr says she needs someone with her for a few weeks. My sister is there now. But leaving tomorrow. 

I just hope I don't come home to a replica of my mother in laws house. My wife has family photos and albums in just about every room. going through them.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Good afternoon everyone and Happy First Day of Spring!! Enjoying a sunny day here today and looking forward to the return of warm weather.

Drive safely @KymmieL!!

Good afternoon, all!

I find it so terribly encouraging each day to read our Good Morning, All Coffees On messages, especially those that make mention of the weather where each poster lives, how scattered we are around the country –– I should say: around he world!  With some variations, we all have something in common. I can't help but reflect on that "something" when I realize it wasn't that many years ago when that same "something" had me wondering if I might be the only person on earth who was losing sleep over that same "something." Today, thanks to all of you, I smile when I think those thoughts. It feels soooo good to know I'm not alone! 

Cheers!

Rianon

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon

@Marcie Jensen the dough recipe I use is pretty easy and consistent 1 package instant yeast, 2 cups bread flour enriched, not bleached, 1 tbsp olive oil 3/4 tsp kosher salt, 3/4 cup warm water between 95 and 105 Fahrenheit put ingredients in a heavy duty blender and place the yeast and salt on opposite sides.  Use a dough blade.  Pulse until mixed.  Open and scrape down the sides.  Run on dough speed for two minutes.  Add no more than 1tbsp additional water to bring dough together or add up to 1/8 cup additional flour (I don’t do this in the blender.)

place dough on a floured countertop and knead by hand (this is where I pick up the extra flour)

place in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, allow to rise for 60 to 90 minutes in a warm place.  (My oven has a bread rise setting which is 95 degrees)

when it has doubled in volume place it on parchment paper and roll it out or hand stretch. Brush olive oil on the outer couple inches, sprinkle course garlic salt on the oil.  Add pizza sauce and toppings to suit, cheese spices

bake on a pizza stone in preheated oven to 500 preheat the stone too.  Use a peel to transfer the pizza to and from the oven.  Bake for 15 minutes.

This recipe is from American Test Kitchen cookbook.  

yes I try to bring in something memorable or funny when I can.  We don’t need to be down or depressed when enjoying our coffee.

@Rianon I’m so glad you enjoy reading this thread.  We talk about lots of things just like good friends and neighbors would talk about at each others kitchen table while enjoying coffee and company.

hugs

Willow

Thanks @Willow I'll give your dough recipe a try.

And, @Rianon, all I can do is echo Willow;s words. Although separated physically, we are all good friends and neighbors here. This is a special place.