• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is HOT, black and strong. I am 2/3s of a pot into it now.:coffee: Working in the shop building a training prop for Illinois State Police, to be delivered this Friday. So this is my quick morning break to check in with my digital family and friends. 💖

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big day for me. Off to plastic surgeon for a BA consult. Nervous as hell. I have low expectations of it. But you never know.

Good morning, all!

I'm smiling –– darn near laughing out loud –– because as I sat at my MacBook with my first cup of coffee (many more to follow!) I had this thought: I can't possibly begin my day's work until I left my greetings on Good morning, All. Coffees on!

(So, there, I've done it! Now I can drink my coffee without feeling too guilty. 😊)

@happyinvermont I wish you well today! Let us know how the consult goes, will you?

Cheers!

Rianon

I'm sitting here with my second cup and thinking about how long my to-do list is. I'll try for three or four items today.

I am all dressed up with nowhere to go! Wednesday is my normal therapy day but my therapist is under the weather. She offered to tough it out since I can't reschedule this week but I told her to just relax and get better. 

I'm wearing a new yellow popover with flowered sleeves over jeans - and couldn't be happier today. 

So, you're stuck with this old grandmother here this afternoon, ladies!!

Busy morning for me. Got a good 9 1/2 hrs of sleep. Had breakfast and enjoyed 2 cups to get me fully started. Did my bike workout and showered. Heading over to my wife's twin sister to do some handygirl tasks. After that reading and relaxing. I'm training for a few triathlons this summer and am back to working out  7 days a week. It really helps with controlling any insomnia.

It's been a busy morning for me. I had my therapy session (small world, April), followed by my monthly trip to the salon. Now I'm about to head for a shift at the shelter I volunteer at. I feel like I'm living on coffee today!

Miranda, I'm in awe. Triathlons are tough, and the discipline to train for one is admirable. YOU GO, GIRL!

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon y’all

i got through my early shift today. I had to get up at 4:30 @April Marie  so I had time to shower and makeup have some breakfast and most of all my coffee.  Tomorrow I get to sleep later. I don’t start until seven am. I’m actually enjoying working again.  And it’s pretty rare that I get misgendered.  Everyone I work with is very nice.  And having some extra money is nice too.

@Miranda I was never much I’d a runner. I did work out on my treadmill to participate in a 5 mile race with my daughter and son but my doctor told me to stop that my knees wouldn’t hold up.  My son is an Iron man several times and has been in several marathons.  At the end of one, he thought he only had a couple of city blocks to the finish line so he started skipping. By the time he realized it was further than he thought he couldn’t stop as he was getting too many cheers. From the crowd and other runners.

So I admire your work and applaud you.

hugs all

Willow

Big day for me. Off to plastic surgeon for a BA consult. Nervous as hell. I have low expectations of it. But you never know.

To follow up on my big day with BA consult. It turned out better than I thought. I was thinking I wouldn't have enough breast growth to work with. Once DR looked at me and reported to his scribe I had an A cup. Whole crap. My ex always picked on me because of man boobs. 

So as visit went on he asked if I knew what type I was looking for. Told him silicone. That rules out under arm to big of hole. Then told him under muscle. He said he likes to go on top. The more he looked at my chest and lack of man muscles he said yes below would look good. 

So now I have a surgery date of June 13th. Next big hurdle is insurance. If denied they will help me with the appeal. Was a great day

5 minutes ago, happyinvermont said:

To follow up on my big day with BA consult. It turned out better than I thought.

Hip hip hurrah, happyinvermont!

Rianon

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, happyinvermont said:

So now I have a surgery date of June 13th. Next big hurdle is insurance. If denied they will help me with the appeal. Was a great day

Good news, for a morning coffee.

Best wishes, happyinvermont.

Today is the last day of my prop build for ISP. I down to labels, logos, and Thumb-drive PowerPoint set up. Photo inset it what the finished prop will look like. It's to teach first responders about cargo tanks that haul propane, and anhydrous ammonia. aka an MC-331 Cargo Tank.

IMG_E3874.JPG

IMG_E3875.JPG

What awesome news @happyinvermont!!

That's an impressive training prop @Mmindy - what a skilled craftsperson you are.

3rd cup of coffee is finished. Today is the day to take out our trash and I have some outdoor projects to do...assuming the temps outside get somewhere above freezing. Spring is always a rollercoaster of sub-freezing to 60s and 70s temps here. I prefer the warmer temps.

Life's been good here - despite not having my therapy yesterday I'm feeling good. Happy. Content. Since I'm not able to fully transition - at least not at this point - I've been looking for strategies to keep grounded in my reality while having to portray my male self. It certainly tugs at my dysphoria but it's been manageable. Life is good.

Be safe and happy!!

1 hour ago, April Marie said:

That's an impressive training prop @Mmindy - what a skilled craftsperson you are.

That sure is an impressive training prop, @Mmindy ! It sure is a far cry from the stage props I'm used to, like rubber daggers and "blood" made from gelatin and red food coloring. 😊

Merry Thursday, everyone!

Rianon

Just starting my second cup. The LGBT seniors center here in Queens is doing an event tomorrow for TDOV. They pick me up at 10ish and couldn't change that, but the event runs 2 to 4. I have a problem with fatigue and am worried about holding up that long, but now I'm remembering that when they take me home at 2 on regular days I'm still OK for a few hours. So hopefully I'll still be alert tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to it. Our trans membership is pretty thin (me plus one woman who recently joined) but there are also a couple trans people on staff there, and tomorrow's event is intergenerational and I've been told more trans people will be coming for it, I guess from another LGBT center. Friday is the only day I'm around trans community in person (that I know of), and it's such a gift.

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Today is the last day of my prop build for ISP. I down to labels, logos, and Thumb-drive PowerPoint set up. Photo inset it what the finished prop will look like.

Wow, Mmindy, that's amazing!

31 minutes ago, Dillon said:

The LGBT seniors center here in Queens is doing an event tomorrow for TDOV.

Good morning, Dillon

I'm glad you mentioned TDOV Day. I'd forgotten. I haven't heard of any events going on around here in Denver, but I'm sure there are. I'll check. Hang in there tomorrow. I hope your time at the event turns out to be deeply rewarding. (And say hello to Queens for me, will you? It's been a long time!)

Rianon

• Forum Moderator

I would love to attend a TDOV event. especially down here in West central FL.  Cannot find one in the area. I guess I will observe it on my own. nothing new there.

Not going to post that I have been enjoying the mid 80 degree weather. compared to the upper 50s at home.  However I'd rather be at home. Ain't gonna lie. Heading home on Monday. Seems to be a possible break in the weather.

Mom is doing much better, I have seen it since I have been here.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good evening

i had a pretty good day today.  I was even the senior person, no I don’t mean because of my age, for a couple hours.  A new person started this week and today was his first day on the register.  So with only three weeks under my belt I was senior.  In fact today was the first day I was allowed to be alone.

@Mmindy do you start with a propane tank and modify it or do you make the tank too?  That’s quite a training prop.

@KymmieL, glad your mom is doing better.  I can understand it’s hard to give up the nice temperatures but just like Dorothy, “There’s no place like home.”

Willow

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Willow said:

@KymmieL, glad your mom is doing better.  I can understand it’s hard to give up the nice temperatures but just like Dorothy, “There’s no place like home.”

Willow

I just wish I could get a cute pair of ruby red heels, click them three times and be home.

Kymmie

Good Morning,

I have work, but hopefully an easy day. Hopefully I'll get some time to relax over the weekend. I don't crossdress much as I don't have much opportunity and haven't come out yet. But I bought a new dress, so will be nice to try that on at some point.

Kira

Good morning, everyone! 1st cup of coffee is working its way through to jump start my system so I'm almost awake. We have some errands to run today - that will keep me busy.

Enjoy that warm weather while you can @KymmieL!!

Sometimes just knowing you have that new dress hanging in the closet is enough incentive to get you through the day. I hope you get some time this weekend to try yours on @kira_k!

Be safe...and happy.

Good morning and Happy International Trans Visibility Day to everyone! 

@April Marie, "almost awake," indeed. I truly understand and I think that I may need to take my coffee intravenously today. Me, too with errands; dental checkup and groceries that I forgot yesterday. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

It's tea this morning instead of coffee. Upset stomach again. 

2 hours ago, kira_k said:

I bought a new dress

A new dress is fun. I  hope you get to enjoy it soon.

A trans guy on staff at the center sent  me a link last evening to a documentary named Southern Comfort. It's about a trans man in Georgia and his chosen family. It was wonderful to see trans people who had already built a new life for themselves in the 1990s. I burst into tears when he talked about having lived as a lesbian for 20 years before he came out.