• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Back to work after a long weekend. Coffee nice a warming. caffeine hasn't gotten to the brain though. Finally getting used to the new mattress. 

The wagon is coming down to it. just a couple more things. Should be starting her later this week. I hope.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Kymmie

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/29/2023 at 6:14 PM, Birdie said:

I wish I was still there 😳

I wished could mine for yours

2 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I wished could mine for yours

I have to admit that I do enjoy them. It's just when I'm doing things they get in the way. Drives he nuts. Maybe is they were removable? 🤔

I'm going to a wedding this weekend.  Thankfully, it is informal so I don't have to worry too much about clothes.  But the occasion will be a bit awkward.

Its GF's friend marrying our sheriff, and I can't imagine an odder couple.  I never really liked the girl...sort of a skater punk type and rather abrasive.  She's very young, and I wasn't happy when she dragged GF into acting like a partying teenager.  I'm going out of politeness and I wish them success, but part of me is straining to imagine exactly HOW it will work 🙄

Ultrasound and blood work went well, and the doctor read the results today.  I have a genetic condition called PMDS, and of course am well within the umbrella of intersex (already knew that). It seems that this condition grows a uterus and fallopian tubes in otherwise healthy "males". 🙄

So I have the severe micro-penis, hypogonadism, and PMDS, but that doctor doesn't think I was mis-gendered?

I feel like a woman, look like a woman, and have a womb like a woman. I am a woman as far as I am concerned. 

11 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Ultrasound and blood work went well, and the doctor read the results today.  I have a genetic condition called PMDS, and of course am well within the umbrella of intersex (already knew that). It seems that this condition grows a uterus and fallopian tubes in otherwise healthy "males". 🙄

So I have the severe micro-penis, hypogonadism, and PMDS, but that doctor doesn't think I was mis-gendered?

I feel like a woman, look like a woman, and have a womb like a woman. I am a woman as far as I am concerned. 

Interesting how that goes....  My doctor was shocked that an otherwise normal looking female ended up with zero breasts, a prostate, and enlarged girl parts.  Nothing like being intersex to break their brains 🙄

2 hours ago, Birdie said:

Seems about right…

• Forum Moderator

Hi

so my hours for tomorrow were changed, I start two hours earlier now, at 10 instead of noon, and at a different store.  It’s just a mile or two further away.  Off Friday, the. I work Saturday and Sunday.

@KymmieL I was wondering if you could recommend a good Ford Eddie Bauer Explorer gurl in Myrtle Beach.  I need to open up the heater AC mixer it seems the mixer flap isn’t moving.  Also, the driver side sunroof drain hose is disconnected or rotted.  I need to get into that too.  What do you think 🤔?  Finally, I got some sanding and painting to get done on the roof.  And all to be done with out a garage or a compressor.

let’s see a few spray cans of paint. Some sandpaper A couple feet of 3/8 id hose, and maybe some vacuum hose should handle the supplies.  So, what do you think?  Got any recommendations?  lol 😝 

I put a new battery in it a couple weeks ago.  Amazing what all that fixed.  Biggest issue will be replacing the control switches on the steering wheel.  There is a risk of tripping the air bag if I mess up.  Once I’ve done all this it will be like a 20 year old car with 172,000 miles again.

time for bed 

Willow

3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Nothing like being intersex to break their brains

Yeah, they are bewildered by us. Strange also how they want to tell us what gender we are.

"Excuse me, I'm half and half, I think I get to decide?"

• Forum Moderator

@Willow I sent you a message on the fix for your HVAC system in your Eddie. Hope it helps.

Wow, your boss must like you or something sending you to another store to screw theirs up. Have fun. I've had to do it before. Actually got sent to the Rawlins, WY store for a week to help out. Company footed the hotel bill.

I have got 2 weeks to get the wagon up and running. She is getting there. need to hook up the PCV valve, install the plug wires, Add coolant, and gas. Then install the new chrome valve covers that should be here on Friday.  Then cross my fingers that everything works right.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

🌈HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!🌈

I cleaned up the welding and grinding area in my small shop yesterday. It's going to be in the 90s again here in central Indiana that's unseasonably warm for us. I'm not a Summer time girl. We're nearly 2" behind on rainfall, so I'll be moving the sprinkler around the yard today so the grass doesn't turn brown. I use a 1.5" deep pie pan to gauge the amount of water that lands in an area. Once it is full, I dump it out, and relocate the sprinkler, and pie pan and repeat the process until the entire yard has received 1.5" of water.

Stay hydrated, wear sun screen, and know you are loved.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I was able to thankfully fix my insulin pen because my youngest son got it out of the fridge and destroyed it. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

first cup is gone, considering a second.  Thanks Mmindy. And I’ll pass it on, happy pride month to all.

90s in Indiana?  In May/June?  This weather pattern is really messed up.  That wouldn’t be so unusual here yet we can’t get out of the 70s.  Our normal would be 80s with the occasional 90.  July through September are pretty consistent 90s with high humidity.

@KymmieL yes actually my boss, and his boss do like me.  I handle situations that arise quite well.  I’ve trained two new cashiers at the same time once, telling them what to do and jumping in to work the line down if it was getting too long.  I take pride in MY beverage cooler and get annoyed when someone (a supplier or another store employee) messes it up.  I help clean it up beyond normal and I am getting promoted with less than 3 months employment.  Ok, 40 years of prior management experience doesn’t hurt.

see what happens when you get bored.  @mmindy I think you might eventually regret it if you completely shutdown your business.

well, I need to get ready to go to another store.  

until tomorrow 

hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I had an appointment with a respirologist today, to check on my recovery from the pneumonia that I had 18 months ago.  The bottom line is that I am lucky to be alive, and the way my lungs are now is as good as they are going to get.  She called it a "remarkable" recovery.  It means that I have to do stuff slowly and listen when my lungs tell me I am going too fast.

Could be worse.  I am lucky that my wife recognized that I was going downhill fast and called an ambulance for me.  And lucky that the antibiotics worked.

We are a long way from the forest fires in Nova Scotia, but we have the same dry weather.  I hope no one drops a cigarette by the side of the road!

happy pride!

Well I was able to drop off the paperwork at the courthouse to officially change my name. Court date and time is set. What should I expect? I didn't even know you actually had to show up. I thought it was just like a divorce. The paperwork goes to the judge and he/she signs off on it. 

2 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I didn't even know you actually had to show up.

In NC the clerk of court does it all.

Of course, you need to have all the paperwork and the $$$.

8 hours ago, ShawnaB said:

In the UK,got here today.Staying with a friend.I am looking towards my makeover next week Monday.Luckily this friend of mine has a car I can borrow driving on the right side.We are going to do some things,one is get my mom some English Tea,having it sent out to her.She loves English tea.This friend of mine is coming for support on Monday,she has seen me dressed as Shawna.Known her since she was an exchange student graduating with her.

Hope you hav a great time!

Good morning, everyone!! 

I woke up early yesterday - early for me is 3AM - and could feel the depression engulfing me. Walked and fed the dogs at 4 and then crawled back into bed. My wife was awake and she wrapped her arms around and forced me to talk. It gave me the chance to vocalize what I was feeling, shed a few tears and get out of my head. I fell asleep and slept until 6 - woke up feeling so much better and by last evening felt great. It is frightening how quickly we can get into our own heads and overwhelmed by depression - and I am blessed to have a wife who can see it coming and pull me up. 

The weather here was warm and sunny yesterday - which always helps - and we ate dinner sitting out on our back porch. Later, we enjoyed a little bourbon watching the sun set from our front porch. 

Today we are going to Costco - I always love going there because, not only can you get bulk food at good prices, they usually have some nice, relatively inexpensive clothes to fill out my wardrobe. This afternoon, we'll be sunning and swimming in our pool. Heaven.

One of the small things that helped to bring my smile back was.........big hoop earrings! My piercings are healed and the starter earrings are gone!! Now, I'm experimenting with different styles of earrings - my wife is sharing with me - and I absolutely love the  feel of the large hoops moving in my earlobes. Funny how something so seemingly small can have such a large impact on your state of mind. 

Enough sharing for today - if you made it this far...I apologize but it felt good to vent.

Enjoy this beautiful day and look for the goodness in it....it might be just something small like a pair of earrings that lifts you up.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

thought you might enjoy this today

image.png.f63ddf1c5648315b3ee5ba253665e2b8.png

Good morning, 

The CNA that visits every morning for my meds was training a new CNA. The CNA decided to tell the lady that Birdie is "male" by the way. He is intersex so he just looks different. 

I found that to be rather offensive. I don't need explaining to people. 

Oh well, life goes on. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Birdie

• Forum Moderator

@Birdie

i don’t blame you for that.  If the trainee had looked at you record before coming they would have known that anyway.  And they do need to be familiar with your records before doing anything.  

Willow

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, April Marie said:

It is frightening how quickly we can get into our own heads and overwhelmed by depression - and I am blessed to have a wife who can see it coming and pull me up.

One of the small things that helped to bring my smile back was.........big hoop earrings! My piercings are healed and the starter earrings are gone!! Now, I'm experimenting with different styles of earrings - my wife is sharing with me - and I absolutely love the  feel of the large hoops moving in my earlobes. Funny how something so seemingly small can have such a large impact on your state of mind.

I know about the overwhelming feelings that can come on all of the sudden. For me, just one thought can do it. And wam depression hits.

I also love the feeling of dangling earrings. unfortunately they start bothering me after a while. So, back to my studs. I do want to get my ears pierced again but haven't got around to it yet.

43 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Good morning, 

The CNA that visits every morning for my meds was training a new CNA. The CNA decided to tell the lady that Birdie is "male" by the way. He is intersex so he just looks different. 

I found that to be rather offensive. I don't need explaining to people. 

Oh well, life goes on. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Birdie

That is terrible, anyone in the medical field should know better. I would complain to her supervisor.

Hugs

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I know about the overwhelming feelings that can come on all of the sudden. For me, just one thought can do it. And wam depression hits.

I also love the feeling of dangling earrings. unfortunately they start bothering me after a while. So, back to my studs. I do want to get my ears pierced again but haven't got around to it yet.

That is terrible, anyone in the medical field should know better. I would complain to her supervisor.

Hugs

Kymmie

I asked the bus driver and my medical reports do state that as well. Any worker that can "read" should be well-informed. 

Talking about it was just rude. 

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Hugs

Kymmie

I really need to keep working on getting "male" changed to "female" on my medical records. Heck I have a uterus and fallopian tubes!

My doctor isn't really working with me on that. 😐