• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

35 minutes ago, Willow said:

@Ashley0616

my vocal feminization speech therapist said I was ok with my upper pitch but I needed to work with it.  But my biggest problem is remembering to use that voice and not get lazy and revert to my 74 year old male voice.  That’s the toughest part for me. 

Yeah I'm afraid I might slip up and male voice comes out. I guess I'm just going to keep practicing and hopefully get used to only using my feminine voice.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

My therapist says I am getting better. I too have to remember to use it.

My profile on classmates dot com. has been getting quite a few hits since I came out. Don't know if it is that or people just looking at different profiles. How ever nothing negative, yet. I made my reservations for the hotel today. Looking forward to going to my 40th class reunion. Plus, if it turns out being lame or hate filled.  The same day is the Woodward Ave.Dream cruise. Either way I'll have fun.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee::coffee:

@KymmieLI hope you have a wonderful time at your 40th class reunion, and don't feel the need to seek alternative entertainment.

12 hours ago, Willow said:

That’s the toughest part for me. 

Being able to pass vocally is one of my biggest issues, and yet I haven't sought out a speech therapist yet.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. 

I hope everyone is doing good. I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee. My son has his speech therapy and hopefully will be better than last week. He didn't want to do anything other than play with toys. Hopefully more progress on words and sounds.

@KymmieL I didn't know that the classmates thing was still going. I might have to look at mine. I don't remember any of the login stuff and I don't even think I have the email that I used anymore too lol. 

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Being able to pass vocally is one of my biggest issues, and yet I haven't sought out a speech therapist yet.

Yeah, me either.  I'm pretty much convinced that I never will pass physically, so there's not a lot of motivation.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone,:coffee::coffee:

@KymmieLI hope you have a wonderful time at your 40th class reunion, and don't feel the need to seek alternative entertainment.

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I hope as well. Everyone accepts me for me. 

Then again  the Dream Cruise is a bucket list item.

• Forum Moderator

Good evening

We lost a teen from our teen group over the weekend.  Right now they are calling it an unintentional overdose.  

Regardless of if it was accidental or not, it is always sad to lose a child.  I pray the family will remember him for the life he lived.  It has become so terribly difficult for our transgender children. I know many who have lost their medical care.  So many doctors who treated transgender teens are being forced to stop providing care.  And I am aware of teens who don’t want to be forced to go through puberty as someone they know they aren’t.  please, do something to try to stop the few that are forcing doctors and parents to stop helping our kids.  We’ve been through this we know how difficult it is.

Willow

@Willow  Wow.  That's some difficult stuff to process.  I hope the family has strong bonds and a good support network.  Whether the overdose was accidental or not, taking large amounts of a substance usually is intentional for some reason or other.  Folks typically don't do that because they're feeling good about themselves....and its a sad thing when it ends badly. 

I know puberty is a mess for just about everybody, but it is triply messy for those of us who don't know what we are, can't figure it out, or know for sure but can't do anything about it.  I wish our society could approach adolescence with a bit of flexibility.  People are seldom the same at 18 or 28 as they were at 13. 

On 6/4/2023 at 10:13 PM, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I had a decent, low-stress weekend.  Went to a bachelor party on Friday night and then the wedding on Saturday.  Got to hang out with family and friends, eat well, and relax.  My husband cooked us one of our traditional big Sunday breakfasts this morning, and for some reason I was so hungry that I ate 3 plates of it. 

I'm still getting carried around most everywhere, and I'm definitely looking forward to being able to walk again soon.  I'm starting to be able to take a few steps, putting maybe 30% of the normal weight on my bad ankle.  I can move around the kitchen and bathroom without hopping too much.  I can't do it on uneven surfaces or very far away from something to grab, but it is more than I was able to do 2 weeks ago.  🙂

Hope you heal up rapidly!

Good morning, everyone! I've finished my first cup of coffee so my brain is beginning to function....slowly.

How tragic @Willow - I can't imagine what the family is going through. Teenage years are difficult enough as they are without all the added stresses of gender identity added to the mix. And, our society certainly isn't helping to ease the stresses at this point.

Stay safe and look for the goodness in each day.

• Forum Moderator

Tragic losing any child's life no matter what the circumstances are. Being a teenager is hard enough. I had it bad myself and I didn't know I was trans at that time. I just didn't see the clues. Prayers to the family and friends of the young man. May he rest in peace.

I GOT HER RUNNING!!! I got my wagon fired up. no problems so far. I am proud of myself that I did it. A couple minor things then she will take her maiden voyage.

Hugs

Kymmie

10 hours ago, Willow said:

We lost a teen from our teen group over the weekend.  Right now they are calling it an unintentional overdose.

Sorry to hear this.

Really, I don't know what else to say.

30 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

I GOT HER RUNNING!!! I got my wagon fired up. no problems so far. I am proud of myself that I did it. A couple minor things then she will take her maiden voyage.

Hugs

Kymmie

Congratulations @KymmieL!!! You go, girl!!! And so does the wagon!!! 😊💕

12 hours ago, Willow said:

Good evening

That's very tragic I'll be praying for the family, friends and coworkers. 

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Congratulations!

Caffeined up and definitely feel the energy might be even too much lol. It's funny how my seven year old already acts like a teenager. I'm hoping he will act like how I did because I wasn't a bad kid. I didn't do anything wrong other than cut myself because I still knew that my parents wouldn't accept me that I had gender dysphoria. I'm definitely going to be paying extra attention when he gets there. 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I GOT HER RUNNING!!!

🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Yea!!!👏

My second YouTube video is out. I think it's better than the first one. I'm still working on not being as shy. 

I am glad you are doing better and that the Hormone Therapy is going well for you too. I agree about your voice it is actually not very masuline to begin with so good luck with your voice coach you can do it I believe in you.  I wish you all the best on your journey.

1 minute ago, Alessia said:

I am glad you are doing better and that the Hormone Therapy is going well for you too. I agree about your voice it is actually not very masuline to begin with so good luck with your voice coach you can do it I believe in you.  I wish you all the best on your journey.

Thank you on watching it. I'm not looking at making money I just want to share my experience

I have not even thought about money to be honest. I am just glad that you are so brave to go out and do this.  Ps: I hope I dont lose my interest in gaming but if I lose it I will find new hobbies too I am sure of it.

2 minutes ago, Alessia said:

I have not even thought about money to be honest. I am just glad that you are so brave to go out and do this.  Ps: I hope I dont lose my interest in gaming but if I lose it I will find new hobbies too I am sure of it.

Yes you will. I was hoping I wasn't but I find myself dress shopping and into shoes more. It's not cheap but becoming happier is priceless. I have already spent over 1000. Bra's are tricky because it's different for everyone. It's fun to dress up. I have almost gotten rid of all my male clothes. I have been shopping at www.temu.com and www.shein.com and thrift stores. The only name brand thing I got myself is a Coach purse and wallet and even then I got on Facebook Marketplace.

HRT is different for everyone so it might be even better for you in the beginning. I have also noticed that I have hot and cold flashes and I'm hardly mad. I don't think I have been upset once since it kicked in. I know there will be even more stuff to happen. I'm looking forward to have boobs grow a little more. HRT won't give you DD's if you have As. Most women have gotten breast augmentation (BA).

It's a fun ride and I'm always looking forward to what tomorrow brings. I used to dread everyday because it felt the same. I'm completly different and I hope you get the care you need to get on it too if needed.

I agree with you if we are more happy then who cares but finding clothes for me would propably difficult since I am very tall. I am not very masculine sure I am broader than a born woman but I have slim arms and legs and if I shave my beard I look like in the 20s still.

About the breast I think I would prefer smaller ones anyway but one step at a time anyway. I am a bit excited but also anxious about all this stuff. I am about to buy some hair and make up soon and want to see if I dont look like a total clown. I was in the theatre as a kid till young adult but never had used make up myself so fingers crossed. But I do this all only private for now just for me.

About the HRT is this not proplematic for the liver that is at least one of my concern and I heard you can shrink 1 or 2 inches too I mean the latter would be awesome for me of course.

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? It's best to first start somewhere you feel comfortable and safe. I dressed at home a lot before going out. It can be very daunting to go out in public dressed as a woman. I would also act how the women act in the area you are in. For an example if you don't have prissy girls and you act like one then you are going to attract a lot of attention. Which is something you definitely don't want. Blending in is key. 

Ok for the liver issue is usually because of the pill form. There are other ways of taking estrogen. I take it through a small patch and it gets replaced every 72 hours. There is also the shot that you can get it and I don't know the frequency on that so I don't want to lie. The pill form of estrogen is not good. 

I haven't heard about shrinking in height but I would easily give up 4" or more. I'm 6' tall and 220 used to be 275 but have done a lot. I would also love it if my feet shrunk at least two sizes. I'm a size 13 in US Women's and that's very hard to find cute shoes.

I dont mind you asking, I am 1,93 metres and like 105 kg yeah this is huge and this also makes me even more nervous and it just dont help me yes. But all in all I am for my height not really very masculine and I could lose some weight of course but I am more on the average side, I have a little belly not too much and I have relatively small feet and hands for my height. Like I said my arms are not broad they are more thin and my legs too. Even my ears are not big. I really like my lips they are not thin. And I love my eyes. The only 2 things that would concern me are my height and maybe my nose but all in all I am not that masculine just tall. My voice is not very masculine either and I dont even see my adamsapple so all in all If I was shorter that would make me feel really good.

I am not sure what you mean with prissy girls I googled it but it made not much sense for me maybe it means something other in the english context. About blending in yes my height would definitely be the only concern I am sure. But I can nothing do about it.

I once met a friend of my sister who is like 1,79 if I remember correctly and her friend was nearly as tall as I am and she looked gorgious and really feminine. So maybe this is not even the biggest problem, but still if I would lose 2 inches I would be already happy but well it is like it is.

3 minutes ago, Alessia said:

I dont mind you asking, I am 1,93 metres and like 105 kg yeah this is huge and this also makes me even more nervous and it just dont help me yes. But all in all I am for my height not really very masculine and I could lose some weight of course but I am more on the average side, I have a little belly not too much and I have relatively small feet and hands for my height. Like I said my arms are not broad they are more thin and my legs too. Even my ears are not big. I really like my lips they are not thin. And I love my eyes. The only 2 things that would concern me are my height and maybe my nose but all in all I am not that masculine just tall. My voice is not very masculine either and I dont even see my adamsapple so all in all If I was shorter that would make me feel really good.

I am not sure what you mean with prissy girls I googled it but it made not much sense for me maybe it means something other in the english context. About blending in yes my height would definitely be the only concern I am sure. But I can nothing do about it.

I once met a friend of my sister who is like 1,79 if I remember correctly and her friend was nearly as tall as I am and she looked gorgious and really feminine. So maybe this is not even the biggest problem, but still if I would lose 2 inches I would be already happy but well it is like it is.

Prissy is very lady like. Manners and dresses to impress. Maybe when you feel like you are ready she can be there with you and can hang out a while and let the public know that there are tall women too. You aren't that much taller than me about .1016 meter taller so I understand. Well if you ever need anything don't hesitate to post I'm looking forward to seeing them. 

Oh I understand now what prissy means. No in my city the women aren´t very lady like, they are more down to earth overall.

They are not heavily dressed up either I mean some of them sure but most of them and all of my female friends are not prissy at all. They are feminine of course but more grounded.

And yes If I am in the stage finally where  I dream I could be I will definitely ask my sister for her friends number if all works out for me of course.