• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Omg what an evening that @Patti Anne and I had prior to her daughters arrival. I was In constant pep talk mode!  For my part I admit I was terribly nervous but had to put on my best super confidence hat for her and I was so anxious when she and I signed off just before her daughter arrived.  I couldn’t sleep a wink until I knew the outcome!
Not until Patti started to send me the play by play that is. She sent pictures of her daughter to me and shared pics of me with her too. I mention that because this young women not only had a huge amount of love and acceptance for her parent but Patti also told her daughter all about me and us and our future plans. Which she had total acceptance for as well. (Naturally making me very relieved!!!)

im so proud of my BFF and love her dearly and experiencing her total release of stress and anxiety and having complete joy was a beautiful moment for me to share with her.  I’m so happy for her to experience a total win with coming out. 
Yes there is a long road ahead for her coming out to everyone else but I will be with her every step of the way and together we can get her through it.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the answers to my question. It’s exciting to see how each one of you got your names. Ok day so far at work. Thinking of grocery shopping. Maybe. Not really that nice outside. Customers have been nicer today than previous days. Thought maybe overtime for Sat but haven’t heard anything. See my kids this weekend. That will be my highlight of the week!

Dreams are waking me up at night. Weird dreams? I’m always saving people in my dreams. I think that’s because in real life I’m always trying to help my kids, customers, and strangers if they need it. 

talk to ya later 

Love 

Tess

3 hours ago, Tessa said:

Thanks for all the answers to my question. It’s exciting to see how each one of you got your names.

Sorry @Tessa I intended to share mine as well.

My male name is Shawn Andrew Lxxxxxxxxx  

The Andrew is a generational middle name passed down from father to son for, well, generations.  I'm like 7th.  I hated to get rid of it completely so I slid the "A" to the end of my first name to feminize it more.  Shawn is bi gender and I had thought Id just keep it so it was easier on legal documents and such.  I like Shawna better.

I chose Leigh as my new middle name as a play on the generational thing again as it was my first born's middle name.

I love the way Shawn Leigh flows and sounds though not many call me both.

That's ok.

Shawna Works!!!

9 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Patti Ann I am so happy for you. You didn't tell "THE" secret did you? Remember that is my job

Hi Kymmie

I did not let loose with any classified information. I'll leave that to you when the timing is right. Yes, the discussion with my daughter went really really well. I'm not sure that I intended to tell her everything. Shawna thought I should but I was unsure. When, after telling her the basics, she came over and hugged me and told me how much she loved me, so I let loose with the information. It went easily and seemed to flow naturally, so I went with it. 

It's a big load off my mind.

• Forum Moderator

@Tessa unlike others, I went through a list of girls names when it came time to choose.  I eliminated all names I didn’t like or if I knew someone else with that name. Then I narrowed the remainder to 5 that I really liked.  Out of those, I chose Willow never connecting that my birth Name is William and I decided on Willow.  It was several months later when that was pointed out to me that the light bulb lit.

It's been an emotional roller coaster for me the past couple of weeks.

Talking with my therapist today about how low I'd felt and got complimented on my coping skills.

But things are brighter now, sitting here in my studio, relaxing in the recliner, trying to decide if I'm going to do more work this evening.

I know everyone must be chomping at the bit for quarantine to end, and I know there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there so let me preach a bit. Regardless of whether or not anyone in power has ill intent in using this lockdown, this virus is a real nightmare, don't take it lightly and do protect yourself. Aside from the obvious lung problems leading to death in many older individuals this thing attacks heart, liver, kidneys, nervous system and the blood stream.

I expect we'll all look back on the pre-virus world as the "good ol' days" at some time in the future.

Please stay healthy, all of you!

Much love and 《《《 hugs 》》》

TA

Names.

My first name has the initial A, which my father always used - I'm a junior and the third generation to use my given name - so I slid that into the middle slot and did the good ol' southern thing using the name Anne. My middle name is Thomas or Tommy which is what I always went by. So I slid that into first place, went with the alternate spelling of "tommie" which sounds more feminine, the went with the feminine (I think its Gaelic but i could be wrong) version of that name as Tammie. Although in real life I will likely just stay with Tommie, since I answer to it already.

TA

Now I cannot get that advertising jingle out of my head.

My bologna has a first name, it's...

Hope it hasn't started playing in your head now too.

TA

Surprised my family tonight,walked out in a custom sparkly black dress I had made.All said I looked good in it including my daughters.Announced I was asked to be in a LGBT parade 3 weeks ago which is in September which I said yes to.Going to have my make up done by a pro and have a wig that goes with the dress

@Tessa for my name I simply added an E to the end, at least for the moment. That way I don’t get to confused lol.

Wasn’t a very good day for me today. No coffee (woke up to late and had to beeline for work) almost got in a huge fight with a couple coworkers. Just seemed like one of those teenage “I hate the world” kinda days. Feeling a little better now that I’m home. Just got to make it through tomorrow and I’m off the weekend. 
Have a pleasant night everyone 

• Forum Moderator
50 minutes ago, JustineM said:

@Tessa for my name I simply added an E to the end, at least for the moment. That way I don’t get to confused lol.

Wasn’t a very good day for me today. No coffee (woke up to late and had to beeline for work) almost got in a huge fight with a couple coworkers. Just seemed like one of those teenage “I hate the world” kinda days. Feeling a little better now that I’m home. Just got to make it through tomorrow and I’m off the weekend. 
Have a pleasant night everyone 

Justine, it's good to hear you have your sites on the weekend to destress from the work week. I hope your Friday goes well.

Digital >HUGS< are still from the heart. 

Mmindy 

Good morning everyone! It’s Friday but I still get to work Saturday. Thunderstorms most of the night here. I told my wife I wanted to put makeup on and go out to eat tonight it’s been too long. I haven’t worn makeup since March and it makes me sad, so hopefully I get off at a decent hour and we can go eat.

Good Morning! Coffee is hot and good. Slept a little better and a bit longer. 

TammyAnne is right. This virus is dangerous and what will be our new normal is going to be different than the good old days.

Stay healthy and have a great day!

Kay

Thanks again for sharing. Today I thought I would like to share how if I was in a relationship I would like it to go. This scenario is during quarantine. The person works at home as well. In my story I’m doing my same job. Will start with a regular work day. 

Morning: 

I wake up to my love holding me tight in their arms. My love gives me a back massage and a tushy rub. Then because they love me and know me so much they go prepare a bubble bath for me. I ask them if they want to join? Sometimes they do other times they don’t. I don’t force the issue. 

After the bubble bath I meet my love for more cuddling and to talk to them about what I’m going to do today and I ask them what there going to do. We might have morning sex! (I never got This with my ex) After we’ve had our fun my love would hold me again. This time I would kinda hold them. Playing with their hair and giving them a massage. I have to be on the computer at 8 am sharp. I go freshen up. Makeup, brush teeth, do hair, lotion skin. Let’s say my love knows how to cook. I then get dressed and my love is in the kitchen making us breakfast. French Toast is my favorite. We eat and talk. My love tells me they love me and I’m special VIP. I tell them also what they mean to me! I give them a big kiss and hug and then start my day. My love also works but a few times they check on me. Maybe a shoulder rub and a few kisses throughout the day. 

Afternoon: 

I take lunch around noon. My love and I if it’s a nice day will eat outside. I will put my legs on their lap as we eat and talk. Our conversation will be encouraging and uplifting because I don’t like to talk about depressing things. 

Evening: I get off at 5 and let’s say they were off at 4. My love decided to go to a drive through and get some food and surprise me. They also know how I love to shop! So they stopped at Target and bought me a new mini skirt. I love those! They surprise me with it! I put it on and we eat while watching a romantic movie! After the movie a late evening walk. The parks are closed but we just walk around. They hold my hand. 

Night Time: The day comes to a close. I take my shower and put on a nightgown. Depending how we both feel we might have sex. Then my Love holds me al night. If I have a bad dream they will stay up with me. I know they love me and I always feel that I’m the VIP. 

It’s fantasy I know. How many of you got this kind of treatment from past or your present lover? I gave my ex a back rub every morning. I told her I loved her. I guess that wasn’t enough for her. Now she has a boyfriend. My day will come and if not I’ll love myself as if I’ve already found that special person! Living single is hard but loving yourself can be easy if you just let go of the past and let the present wash over you like a long hot bubbly bath! Feel the water and let go of all your insecurities and make yourself the VIP. Because you are! Love yourself and condition your mind to receive the kind of love you deserve. Don’t settle for second best because even if you never find someone at least you never gave up on yourself! 

Feeling very romantic this morning!

Love and hugs 

Tessa ❤️??

Happy Friday!  

Its going to be a summery day here in Maryland.  They say it will make it into the upper 80s.   A nice change from the cold weather we've had until now.

Also, a reminder that its National Nylon Stockings day!  It might be too hot to wear them, though...

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/nylon-stockings-day/

43 minutes ago, lauraincolumbia said:

@Tessa Sounds like an amazing relationship! Congrats!

I just need to find someone now. 

Tessa

How to Celebrate Nylon Stockings Day

Celebrate Nylon Stockings Day by purchasing your very own pair of stockings! Nylon stockings are classy and sleek. Whatever you wear them with, know that your legs will look fabulous in them anywhere you go! Buy a few pairs of stockings on this day and give them out to your friends.

29 minutes ago, Oh_Kay said:

How to Celebrate Nylon Stockings Day

Buy a few pairs of stockings on this day and give them out to your friends.

OMG!  I hadn't read that far.   LOL!

Stockings for all my friends, family and coworkers!  Where can I get a discount for 50 pairs???

How 'bout real silk stockings?  has anybody purchased/tried them?  they look like they would feel great but I don't know where to buy (or how much they cost for that matter)

11 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Now I cannot get that advertising jingle out of my head.

My bologna has a first name, it's...

Hope it hasn't started playing in your head now too.

Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener

That is what I'd truly like to be

And if I were an Oscar Mayer Wiener

Everyone would be in love with me

OMG. How about that one?

• Forum Moderator

Shame on you, Patti Ann. A girl isn't supposed to reveal her age. LOL. I remember it too.

Well took a sleep aid last night and it helped. Was able to sleep in some today. Last day off today. Then bright and early tomorrow.

ope everyone has a great day,

Kymmie

Good afternoon.  Kind of hanging on today.

I want to get in on this too.

I wrote down name ideas and combinations for a couple of years.  Dozens, maybe hundreds of them. Most of them had meanings and connections.  Some just sounded cool.

At one point I realized I would never decide. I made an appt at the courthouse to start the process.  My new legal name is simply the last one on my list the day I filled out the initial paperwork.  Madelyn is my middle name now. I'd been using Maddie as 1st name for a couple years, but too many people thought it was Matt when I told them.