• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Leggings are awesome. So comfy. When I wear them when out and about it's usually with high boots and an over sized top.

Oddly since I update my facebook info I've been getting Midol ads in my news feed.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Astrid, Oh, yes. Every little bit helps. I usually have my toes painted. I have been wearing a toe ring for about 5 yrs. Of course my underwear is 100% female as are my jeans/shorts. I normally wear t shirts but those I see as androgynous. Only thing that I wear that is not female are shoes and socks sometimes. 

Inventory as usual was PITA. But got fed. Beat down like a martian. ( can't use anything on this planet might offend someone, LOL)

Kymmie

I absolutely love leggings if I could wear them every day I would lol. 

well talking about pouring salt on a wound my mom decided to send me an article from a conservative publication basically transgender people don’t exist.

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Only thing that I wear that is not female are shoes and socks sometimes. 

Male shoes ended for me the moment I tried women's Sketchers. Currently have six different styles, all of which I can wear with super comfort all day long.  

4 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

well talking about pouring salt on a wound my mom decided to send me an article from a conservative publication basically transgender people don’t exist

It can be interesting to ask people who firmly believe in a binary sex = gender world how they explain the several types of intersex people who most certainly are born and exist. 

Once it finally gets through to someone that sex and gender are different, it's a breakthrough. To those who stubbornly refuse to even consider it, I refuse to let them define me.

Astrid 

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

well talking about pouring salt on a wound my mom decided to send me an article from a conservative publication basically transgender people don’t exist.

That's why my egg-donor is blocked.

It might be cool to be imaginary though. ? I imagine it would come with amazing cartoon-like bennies.

Drat. Blowing into my thumb did NOTHING for my breasts. Ah well. Must be real then.

We still love you @Emily michelle

Big Hugs!

I didn't sleep nearly enough. The coffee will be strong today. I think this will be one of those easily distracted kind of days. Good thing I have nothing of importance going on today.  

8 hours ago, Astrid said:

Male shoes ended for me the moment I tried women's Sketchers. Currently have six different styles, all of which I can wear with super comfort all day long.  

Sketchers are wonderfully comfy.  I only have one pair- champagne color with a little sparkle to them.  I've also found Clarkes to be comfy and they have some androgynous styles for those easing into things

Coffee was delayed today but for a good reason- had labs drawn first thing for my impending HRT start. If all goes well, tomorrow evening I start!!!!

Was mixed emotions start to my day.  A friend gave me this great top (technically a dress but on me just covers the crotch area) and it has an empire waist- ie- gathered just below the soon to be breast area.  I wore it with capris and felt fabulous. Then my wife stated' wow, that looks so feminine on you (great) but it does make you look pregnant (I guess passing for a prego women is good right?). She then realized how bad that sounded. lol. She has always managed to stick her foot in her mouth so we joked nothing's changed there with my transition. lol

When I went to get labs, looking fab BTW,  the receptionist calls out my dead name for the whole waiting room to hear as I walk up. That hurt. I'm really starting to get triggered when that happens.  It doesn't help that today is electrolysis day so I have a 4 day beard going.  I think the having to not shave is more pain then the electricity.  

Anyways, gonna turn this day into a great one. Coffee is starting to kick in so things are improving fast.

Love you all

Hugs

Bri

44 minutes ago, Abi said:

I didn't sleep nearly enough. The coffee will be strong today. I think this will be one of those easily distracted kind of days. Good thing I have nothing of importance going on today.  

as a lifelong chronic insomniac, i value sleep highly (think the Machinist with Christian Bale, the best representation of insomnia i have ever seen) - my brain works at full-throttle permanently, only stops if i drug it into submission, and i need sleeping tablets to get 3 hours a night.  without them i only sleep every other night.  exhaustion is terrible for your body & brain, so if you have nothing going on i would recommend avoiding the caffeine, take part of the day & catch up on some sleep if possible - you will feel better & more refreshed... 

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 keep you eyes on the goal. Congrats on lab tests I hope the baselines are good and you get the green light. Those other things are distractions and unfortunately something we have to live with.

@Abi had some truly beautiful words the morning and I want to share as well but will paraphrase a little ..the road you are on will lead to a beautiful destination.

30 minutes ago, Shay said:

@Bri2020 keep you eyes on the goal. Congrats on lab tests I hope the baselines are good and you get the green light. Those other things are distractions and unfortunately something we have to live with.

@Abi had some truly beautiful words the morning and I want to share as well but will paraphrase a little ..the road you are on will lead to a beautiful destination.

Thanks Heather, my dysphoria triggers don't last for too long, luckily all the therapy over the years has really helped me to switch my mindset when that kinda stuff happens.  And yes, @Abi always has wise words to share! I'm sure my labs will be fine.  All my numbers have been good in the past except cholesterol and they were improving significantly two years ago when I checked them last after some small diet changes.  Since then I've lost a lot of weight and my diet has been very heart healthy so...

• Forum Moderator

Excellent... You are a wise woman and like I've said before... I just love your hair.

Heather

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

Unfortunately it sounds like a lot of negativity here today.  Let’s try to come up with some happy celebratory things.  

I am voting a Green this year! If we all do that we could make a slight difference.  Clearly both major parties answer to each other is going further away.  The Green Party clearly supports LGBTQI+.

Its going to be hot but at least no bad storms for at least a week.

its September, the first day of fall!

COVID cases are dropping, at least in South Carolina where I live.  Wear your mask and avoid crowds.

When you go to a doctors appointment or similar place where you will be called by name, just ask them to use your new name, they’ve all been accommodating to me.  The problem is until you officially get your gender marker and named changed they have to use you dead name in their records.

ok enough.  I need to save some for another day.

Be safe, stay healthy and enjoy your day.

love you all

Willow

44 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

And yes, @Abi always has wise words to share!

Thank you for the compliment. I just take my time expressing what I choose to share. A talent I was not born with but, I have made every effort to cultivate. On the opposite side of that though, I can spend eight hours trying to find the right way to say hello. I get so worried about how people will perceive my words that sometimes I just say nothing. Some may actually prefer that.  :D

• Forum Moderator

@Abi I've always thought that language is the best and worst way to communicate - sometimes mis-interprested - you are wise to cultivate timeless responses that you mean and saying what you mean.

@Bri2020 Congrats on the start getting here quickly! I remember that feeling! It is although so chilling during the initial parts of transition before legal name change heading your former name. I did my

name change as quick as possible! I hope to hear back tomorrow that you got the green light! 

On day 30 now of no coffee...just another few weeks then I’m back on it!

hope everyone has a great day!

• Forum Moderator

A balmy 46 degrees on the ol fence thermometer. with a high forecast in the mid 60s. defiantly fall temps for sure. Had to scrape the windshield on the car yesterday, morning. 

One thing I love about the VA. they call you by your preferred name and pronouns, mostly.  When I went to a visit with my primary Dr. earlier this year. while the nurse called me by my given name. once the Dr came in she referred by my chosen name.  I figure the nurse didn't read much of my chart. Same with my respiratory therapist last winter. Even though I was dress in femme. Oh well some people just didn't get the message. LOL

Well my Thursday and closing shift. also tomorrow. So at least I get to sleep in some.

Have a great day my friends,

Hugs,

Kymmie

@Steff7,

There was a time in my life when I never slept. Most days were 1 or 2 hours, sleeping at a kitchen table, miserable with my entire existence. The time came when I finally had a breakdown. Shortly after that was a breakthrough. I finally realized that what my life was missing, was the me part. I had given up on myself. I was suffering, just living to be a part of someone else's plan. Right then and there, I decided that was going to end. I have been changing my life slowly but, surely for the better, ever since. I can usually sleep several hours a night and in a bed now. One day I will get long deep sleep again but, every once in a while I have an off day still. I take each day in stride now, by not racing through it.

I hope some day you have more peace with your rest and no longer have to medicate for it. Your advice on caffeine is spot on too. I barely drink coffee any more. Maybe two or three cups a day, which is way better than the two or three pots of coffee I once would take in a day. 

Abigail

• Forum Moderator

shucks - we had fog this morning - wasn't sure if it was outside and in my head.... coffee helped ☺️

Coffee, check. Alexa playing Deana Carter, loud and clear. Lap top, signed in. I am writing a novel. "Orphan on the Road Home" . It is not autobiographical, although many of the people, I have know someone like that; places, I have been to the places in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific, unfortunately not Europe but what I have written about those places has been gleaned from friends and family who have lived there; the things about Vietnam, Subic Bay, Japan and Hong Kong that I write about I was there and many friends were there as well. The novel follows the main character from the midwest through Vietnam to university to California and to Washington then to Europe. There are two other main characters one simply called the Ukrainian and the named Walker. The Ukraine is the  is the elusive love that slips past him time and time again and the there is Walker the friend with advice, from the same midwest environment and the former leader of a group of friends, Walker it is noted changes subtly as the book progress, little things, things that never add up. The conclusion is a reunion with the Ukrainian at the funeral of Walker. The group of friends meet Walker's sister..........

I started this novel several years before I contemplated transitioning. The first 2,000  words sat in the depths of my computer until life became sheltering in place. with so much time I dug it out and last night I passed 26,000 words. I should be finished by Christmas. Writing is easier listening to the mournful sounds of a pedal steel, songs nostalgic, slow 4/4 time. The hardest part has been writing the flashbacks to Vietnam. I often wonder, how would life have been different.

4 hours ago, Erikka said:

the things about Vietnam, Subic Bay, Japan and Hong Kong that I write about I was there and many friends were there as well.

I would love to read this, as i am from a military background, a keen & sympathetic military historian, and have studied Vietnam extensively.  i have collected scores of books of personal accounts of servicemen who served there, understand how cathartic it has been for them to the record their accounts of the devastating things they experienced, and this would interest me greatly.  I wish you every success in getting it published...

It finally happened. I got fed up with being misgendered at work. Everyone knows I'm transitioning and yet only 3 people use the right pronouns. Two people are stating they won't due to "litigation reasons".  During my lunch hour I went and talked to the head of HR dept about what needs to be done and if I can start using my preferred name and pronouns.  I had been told by other people (supervisors) that they couldn't until it was legal. Much to my dismay that's going to be put off for several months.  It took a boat-load of courage for me to go in there but I did it. Thankfully, in the end all I need to do is send him an email of what name I want to go by and what pronouns to use. I am their first trans employee.

About an hour later I was able to send out the email. By the end of the day I haven't heard anything back. Granted I understand there is a lot of work on their side and things involving other companies we work very closely with but the anticipation is killing me. I've made it this far. I just have to remember to breathe.

Also, what is this sleep thing everyone keeps talking about? I don't remember the last time I slept without being medicated.