• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning coffee has happened.  I got a good laugh out of some of the comments since my last post.  Thanks I needed that and I’m sure we all do.  

Moving can be hard and stressful I found that picking a room or an area and work it until done.  My wife is more of a jumper.  Go here do some go there do some. It never looks like anything gets done that way.  

New meds, tell me about new meds.  I can’t figure out what’s going on. It’s been 9 days since adding E to progesterone and spironolactone, as I understand from others it’s usually done the other way. They start with E and add progesterone 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@WillowI started on Spiro and sublingual E. That was almost a year ago. My E levels are still really low despite adjustments. I got over my fear on needles and switched to injections and they added progesterone.

1 hour ago, Willow said:

New meds, tell me about new meds.  I can’t figure out what’s going on. It’s been 9 days since adding E to progesterone and spironolactone, as I understand from others it’s usually done the other way. They start with E and add progesterone 

I don't know much myself.  I was on progesterone for awhile without E.  But when I switched providers, they dropped the P and gave me E.  I'm supposed to talk to the doctor this week (check up) and I want to ask about adding P again.

I think it's supposed to help fill things out better.

I can't take spiro, every time I do my sodium level tanks (which nearly killed me the first time).

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

Depends on the doctor. I was given spiro and E first, then my dose got adjusted. I had to beg (well, not really beg, I asked but beg sounds better) for progesterone. Progesterone is awesome (for me, my Endo said other patients of hers did not care for it at all). I wish I'd begged earlier.

Now I have a friend who is going on high E and P with no spiro (hopefully) out of the gate. She's younger than I am, but apparently that's her clinic's standard operating procedure which is why she chose it. I'm trying to work her through, "Even if it's fastER, the process still isn't fast and it's going to take some tweaking." I get where she's coming from, but I want her to have realistic expectations.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Sorry I had to leave but I’m back now.  A tape around my chest has been between 41 and 42 all along, no growth.  Right about the time I started E it measured 43.  Now I know that a day or two after E that wasn’t why. In fact today, I’m back down to 41. The only thing that has happened is my breasts under my nipples are both tender.  One has clearly started growing under the nipple but that started before the E. The other is just beginning.

anone else experience that?

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

I don't think so exactly.

For me I never noticed much when I was on Progesterone.  And when I started E it was a long time before I was satisfied that anything physical was happening.  But I tend to be somewhat pessimistic.  But it did eventually happen.  And yeah, one girl is a bit more developed than her sister.  But that's normal even for cis girls.

I would like faster results, but alas…  It doesn't happen that way.

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar @Jandi @Jackie C. my issue with Spironolactone is watching my potassium.  I have to watch what I eat, for example no bananas ever!  Well, I didn’t realize all the other foods high in potassium, but my levels were staying right in the middle of the desired range.  Until October.  They jumped way up and my Endocrinologist was concerned.  Retook blood work a week ago and it was back down.  Why did it jump?  Well who knew pickles are on the high list.  Along with broccoli, spinach and several other vegetables I like.

Progesterone and Spironolactone were not moving my numbers in the right direction.  Both still normal for a male my age, in fact E went down!

that’s what convinced him to add injectable E.  He doesn’t like sublingual because it can be hard o your liver and it takes a higher dose because it gets filtered before it gets to work.  (His words). He was ready to put me on the patch when I told him I already knew the proper procedure to give myself a shot  he jumped on that.

2 hours ago, Jandi said:

I can't take spiro, every time I do my sodium level tanks (which nearly killed me the first time).

We actually tried it a 2nd time, but with really close monitoring.  The same thing started happening.

I wanted to transition so bad that I kinda didn't care if it did kill me.

My current endocrinologist doesn't have me on any T blockers.  I suppose my T level wasn't all that high anyway.  I do want to ask about adding the Progesterone tho.  I actually have some of the old pills around here somewhere.  But I don't want to mess things up by trying it on my own.

I guess I still don't care if transitioning kills me, but it would be better if it doesn't.

• Forum Moderator

@Jandi  There is another way to kill testosterone if that’s really that big an issue.  It would involve getting a a medically necessary ruling and getting an orchi.  Considering you are willing to do something that could be deadly for you to gain the goal of femininity that shouldn’t be hard to get.  That or go for the whole bottom surgery if your ready.

Willow

Considering you are willing to do something that could be deadly for you to gain the goal of femininity that shouldn’t be hard to get.  That or go for the whole bottom surgery if your ready.

At the moment, I'm okay with how things are progressing.  I couldn't afford the surgery anyway.  But I will ask about the Progesterone.

I've seen good changes this year, and expect them to continue.  I'm full time Jandi anyway, even if I don't pass very well.  Guess I just have a stubborn streak.

Actually, it has been suggested that I can pass better than I realize.

I think what is most important to me is how I feel in my own self.

Good afternoon everyone! Had my morning coffee that was good and strong. Feeling kinda rough today, season weather changes usually gets me with bronchitis, so relaxing and browsing clothes on Amazon. Trying to resist the urge to blow my entire paycheck on cute outfits. ??

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

I think what is most important to me is how I feel in my own self.

My experience, meek as it may be, is that this is all that should ever matter.

1 hour ago, Abi said:

@JustineM Are you enjoying The Mandalorian? I have been faithfully watching since you told me about it. I love the whole concept.

Oh HECK YEAH!  absolutely loved the last episode.  Well to be honest I've loved all the episodes lol. 

7 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

@Jackie C. When you have to pee and hold it for so long that you can't or it hurts really bad when you do. Usually happens on road trips.

Thank you.

I learned something new.

TA

4 hours ago, Willow said:

Sorry I had to leave but I’m back now.  A tape around my chest has been between 41 and 42 all along, no growth.  Right about the time I started E it measured 43.  Now I know that a day or two after E that wasn’t why. In fact today, I’m back down to 41. The only thing that has happened is my breasts under my nipples are both tender.  One has clearly started growing under the nipple but that started before the E. The other is just beginning.

Willow

I'm pretty certain I have that - way beyond wishful thinking - there is tissue beneath each nipple that is not muscle and does not feel like fat, there's a structural substance to it. I believe that was there before I started E 3 weeks ago.

Hugs,

TA

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, TommieAnne said:

there's a structural substance to it. I believe that was there before I started E 3 weeks ago.

Well I agree that the first one to start definitely has structure the second is too soon to feel it.   Thanks

Willow

Well I successfully resisted buying an entire new wardrobe from Amazon today. I did find a couple of cute tops that I might get a little later in the week (gotta make sure the bills get paid first) (adulting sucks). I took advantage of being curled up on the couch today to start a coming out letter to my Mom. My amazing sister is helping me with proof reading and advice. Did I mention she is awesome? 

• Forum Moderator

I agree that Adulting  sucks. But hey someone has to do. But why does it have to be me?

I was on Spiro but was switched to leuprolide. It is working my last T level was 21. now I need something to replace the T in my system. E. Hope to get good news at my appointment on Friday.

Kymmie

Good morning all. Tea is hot and strong.

Not doing much to inspire me to work though. I'm ok when I'm doing maps, design or stuf like that, but when I have to fill white pages (projects, repports, etc) I just can't get my mind to engage. My mind just circles back to all this stuff. It's so frustrating.

Did that happen to any of you in your early stages of questioning, coming out and social transition?

4 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I just can't get my mind to engage. My mind just circles back to all this stuff. 

Yes.  I feel really lucky to have so little administrative stuff to do right now.  Even creative projects are hard to focus on.  Everything seems so insignificant compared to the decisions I'm trying to make right now.  The mind circles back indeed.

• Forum Moderator

I found the busier I was with deadlines the less I thought about it.  But the more time I have the more pervasive it becomes.

up early (for me) this morning. For one thing I laid on the lady bits wrong and that hurt.  Ok it’s a good hurt because things are finally happening but a hurt is a hurt.  I’m going to have to learn to lay differently.  

coffee is dark roast and black. 

im going to avoid any profound statements my brain has not engaged and I don’t want to regret something later.

THats all for now.

Willow

I found the busier I was with deadlines the less I thought about it.  But the more time I have the more pervasive it becomes.

True for me too. But if I don't get the work moving, deadlines are going to bite my backside.

@Ann W I so get that

up early (for me) this morning. For one thing I laid on the lady bits wrong and that hurt.  Ok it’s a good hurt because things are finally happening but a hurt is a hurt.  I’m going to have to learn to lay differently.  

coffee is dark roast and black. 

im going to avoid any profound statements my brain has not engaged and I don’t want to regret something later.

THats all for now.

Willow

I love having deadlines looming... gets my pulse up, so I know I'm alive!

Coffee with cream this morning. Mmmm. And it's a chilly 36° here. Leaves are pretty much gone from the trees. I think winter is knocking on the door.

TA