• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone

It rained overnight still cloudy.

@Mmindy thank you for you kind remarks.  I hope you continue to hav3 a mild case and that you get over it soon.

We went to the tree lighting for our town and church last night.  It was rather cold, at least for here.

The local band played Christmas songs.  There were fires and supplies for s’mores, cocoa and hot cider.  And local artists and crafters could bring in and display their work.  My wife had a table for her hand made wallets, purses, shirts and pillows.  

I have to be at my foot surgeons office at 8:45 and unfortunately we have to take our son back to the airport this afternoon.  T was nice having him here.

willow

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning,

Back to work today after a 4 day weekend. Had a surprisingly good day yesterday when one of the new members to our group actually used she pronouns and my preferred name without being asked. It was kind of weird, I haven't pushed to change my name really within my mental health support group, but I explained the reason for a different username, and she used she pronouns and called me by Amber.

Today is going to be another riveting day at work I can tell because I have no meetings, and still nothing new is popping up. I will probably end up staring at my clock at some point waiting and wishing it is 4:00 PM so I can log off and do some more work on Project Werewolf, or play some games.

~Amber

Good morning everyone, hope you all are feeling well this morning! Can I just say how *cold* it was outside when I went for my morning exercise today? I think it was the first morning since last winter that I didn't take off my hat and gloves after working up a sweat.

More than ready for my coffee and start of the workweek. It might be a two-cup morning...

Also happy birthday @Willow! Glad you had a nice visit with your son.

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @Audrey.

cold for us, low 50s and very damp. But I know when we lived in Ohio this would have been balmy for this time of year.

Willow

Good Morning everyone!

I just woke up, fed my dogs, and right about to speed run my chores. Then I have to work on my last project for my Anthropology class for the semester. 

My alarm clock broke, but I think my body has finally gained the internal clock that wakes me up around 7-8 am so that it pretty cool.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

cold for us, low 50s and very damp. But I know when we lived in Ohio this would have been balmy for this time of year.

Willow

I am looking forward to being in the low 50's later this week.  So far it has not been bad here near Chicago, but need to wash and wax 2 cars.

I had a good productive weekend.  I got to spend most of Sunday being Breanna. That was badly needed.  Finally made space in the garage to pulls cars in.  But the best part was when my daughter said "Daddy you look pretty today"  I loved it. 

6 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

My wife posted on FB about us moving and the memories left behind. I didn't really think much of it at first until I re-read it. "...leave for the next chapter in my life with Elizabeth..." That's probably the most meaningful statement I've ever heard.

That sounds so supportive and accepting Liz. That is really great. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is HOT, black, and strong. I'm working in the home shop at a slowed pace so as not to aggravate my COVID-19 issues. The doctor's best advice was to listen to my body, and don't over do it. Whatever IT is...

As mentioned by several here already, today is a mild weather day which means I wound burn as much propane or wood in the shop stove.

IMG_6356.JPG

On 12/5/2020 at 11:36 AM, Mmindy said:

Happy Birthday @JustineM

Well I tested POSITIVE for COVID.

Persistent low grade headache is the only thing I’m dealing with so far. The fever 99.5 woke me up at 03:15 has been gone since I started taking Advil.

I’m still able to taste and smell my hot black coffee.

Ugh, wishing an uneventful course and quick recovery. Thank the goddess for small miracles and the ability to smell and taste coffee.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:01 AM, ElizabethStar said:

OMG! Today's my 1 year HRT anniversary. Re-birth day!

Happy Re-birth Elizabeth!!!   (I luv that term)

2 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone,

The coffee is HOT, black, and strong. I'm working in the home shop at a slowed pace so as not to aggravate my COVID-19 issues. The doctor's best advice was to listen to my body, and don't over do it. Whatever IT is...

As mentioned by several here already, today is a mild weather day which means I wound burn as much propane or wood in the shop stove.

IMG_6356.JPG

What are you glueing up?  I miss woodworking :(. I live in a small place now so don't have much room and only have a small workbench. We have a community woodshop that I would normally use for stationary tools/large gig work but its been closed for Covid.  I have a quilted maple top/Claro Walnut body/neck Les Paul to finish.  

Well I’m a little late, but this mornings coffee was as strong as ever. At the gym now and then a quick run out to Sephora. Feeling great and definitely more energetic than yesterday. 

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020That's the only photo I have of my shop during the winter with my small wood stove. The project was Christmas gifts for my brothers. When my mother was deemed incompetent, it activated her living will and I became the owner of my father's firearms. There is one in particular rifle  that I knew my brothers would both want. So I went on GunBroker.com and found two of the same rifles for them. I was able to make two shadow boxes to display the Winchester Model 60 Bolt Action .22cal that our father taught us about shooting, hunting, and conservation values. There's a longer tail of the rifle and our family history I might share at a later time.

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

Does anyone else play games with the Christmas lights at the top of each page ?

I feel a little pang of guilt when I go popping them as they light up.

oops   ??

Hugs

Robin

On 12/7/2020 at 5:39 AM, ElizabethStar said:

Good morning everyone.

I spent the weekend packing and purging. It's amazing how much stuff we collected over the years. It's such a liberating feeling, heart and soul, throwing it away.

My wife posted on FB about us moving and the memories left behind. I didn't really think much of it at first until I re-read it. "...leave for the next chapter in my life with Elizabeth..." That's probably the most meaningful statement I've ever heard.

Same  with me when I went fulltime as Bre 20 years ago,a new chapter in my life as a fulltime CD

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Canine alarm didn’t go off this morning so I got a little extra sleep.  

Pretty day today.  Pretty cold too.  Must have been pressing on my front wrong at some point. I dreamt someone jammed a push pin in me.  I also had a dream that my boat was taking on water.  Guess I’d better go check on it today.

no more doctors until next year! (Knocked on wood).  Then it kind of starts all over again.   7, 8, 14, 29 there is good and bad about getting old.

have a good day,

@Mmindy where can I get one of those model 60’s for the advertised price?  Nice of you to get your brothers matching rifles and case them. 

Willow

On my third cup of coffee, and it still isn't cutting it, lack of sleep is definitely a problem today. Had weird dreams, one involved having to put down a dog that we did years ago, and for some reason having a pet tarantula at the same time that that put webs everywhere we were living... I hate spiders so of course my brain put a "pet" spider in there. I don't recall the other dream anymore, but all I know is it was kind weird and interrupted my sleep.

Still not thrilled with work, mostly because I am still in training mode only, as that is the only thing available right now while we wait for the new projects to kick off. I made a lot of progress last night though on my side project, so that was kind of nice/cool.

6 hours ago, Robin.C said:

No worries Robin, I enjoy crushing them for you ?:) 

1 hour ago, QuestioningAmber said:

I made a lot of progress last night though on my side project, so that was kind of nice/cool.

Great to hear you're doing better Amber! 

Bank holiday here today for me. Made good use of the time - a new breakthrough (insight/realization about my gender identity issues). One more of those "OMG that was ALWAYS there too!!". 

Out for a walk now. Have a nice day you all!

• Forum Moderator

@QuestioningAmber Keep working on the side project. I sense passion there - that is always a wonderful thing to have.

As far as dogs and spiders - I'm not fond of spiders either and dogs - I had to put down one (hardest thing I've EVER done) and my other dog died in my arms as I held him when I knew I'd have to put him down the next day - he was kind enough to die in his and my sleep that night. BOTH I had cremated and they are in my night stand waiting for day I die. It's in my will to be cremated, mixed with my dogs and spread in the woods where we LOVED to go each day.

Anyway - sorry you are sleeping poorly - and I have always wanted to get my dreams analyzed but never have.

• Forum Moderator

I did sleep alright last night except having to get up to pee 4 times. I really hate my body. I not sure which I hate more, that I have a male body or having to pee every two hours. even if I don't drink anything.

Sunny and cold here.  Mother nature is a real B..tch She is such a tease. Making a beautiful sunny cloudless day. yet it is flipping cold. darn her anyway.

Not doing to bad this morning. as normal I have to close today and tomorrow. I must be a girl as my mood can change in a heartbeat.

Toodles

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Robin.C said:

Yes, @Robin.CI'm having fun with the breaking of the Christmas Lights at the top of the pages. When I first heard the sound I was wearing ear buds, and I looked to see if I knocked a class off my workbench.

@Willow The history of the Winchester Model 60 .22cal 23" barrel and no finger grooves starts in 1932/33 after WWI. It was believed that the Springfield Bolt Action would be the first choice for Marksmen, and to encourage training in the shooting sports. Winchester made 165,000 of them and marketed them in hardware catalogs as well as the Boy Scout publications including Boy's Life Magazine. After 1933 Winchester made the Model 60A Target Version with a 27" barrel, finger grooved forearm, and peep site aperture. There were only 6,118 produced making some of these rifles very collectible. Condition is key to the value, many of these rifles were just piled into boxes for shooting teams to go from school to school for shooting lessons. Others were simply strapped to farm implement for small game hunting.  Buying an old Model 60 from an individual who doesn't care about the history is easily priced around $100.00. Buying from a collector who knows the history and condition of the rifle you're looking at thousands of dollars. I was lucky and the three I bought were less than $150.00 each, and the third one which isn't pictured falls is one of the rarer found Target Shooting models.

I have documentation on the family heirloom Model 60 from when my grandfather purchased it, and this firearm will be passed to my son, and then to my grandson hopefully with the same historical value and interest.

The coffee is HOT, black, and strong.

Hugs for everyone, (masked of course)

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Well I got a call that seems like maybe good news. I received a call from my Endocrinologists assistant. Wanting to make a follow up appointment in 6 months with him.

What got me thinking it maybe good news is that. Being he wanted me to get this appointment is that he believes I will be able to get on HRT.

OH, The happy girl dance will now begin. :groupwavereversed:.

Kymmie