• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Did you by any chance Google bras or camis? 

Clear your cookies after each session if you don't want to be bothered by this ads.  

I was looking at guitar straps on Friday and the next thing I know, they are all over the sidebar!  

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember, if something is free, then *you* are the product being sold.

The French toast turned out amazing, but now I'm in a bit of a food-induced haze that's sapping me of the motivation I need to start cleaning instead of bingeing on shows in my Hulu queue. Sigh.

Love,

~Audrey.

4 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I have lost track of how many times I have searched for something on a vendor's site (could be an electronic widget, a piece of jewellery, an item of clothing) and the very next time I am on Facebook, an ad for that very item (not just the vendor, but that specific item) pops up. 

Yup, Happens all the time - even if it is something I already purchased.  

I've had a tough week.  Packing up mom's house with my step siblings (their dad went just a year ago) has been an exhausting experience.  Receiving her belongings has been incredibly strange, especially in light of my current transgender activity.  The two things together have had me just breaking down in tears from time to time.  Then I compose myself and get back to work.  Oh, and calling the relatives, that was fun.

I've had enormous help from my step sister and brothers, and everyone has been real nice, so I'm doing fine.  I'm done with the hard stuff and can finally cuddle up in bed on a Sunday morning with my Columbian Supremo and catch up with my TP friends.

@Audrey inspired me.  Out of all of my mother's pots and pans, I just picked out one to keep.  A flat, square frying pan for making pancakes and French toast on my stove.  I'm just going to leave on the sweet cotton nightgown mom left me and whip up a French Slam at home.

P.S.  My TV role model...Samantha Stevens. (and not because of the magic)

Sorry for your loss Ann ?

Ann Margaret is the first woman i remember wanting to be like. Is that a crush ?

Anyhow back to work today.

Hugs

Robin

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Ann W said:

I've had a tough week.  Packing up mom's house

My condolences @Ann W. I know that was a difficult thing but you’re a very strong woman. You will get through it. I’m glad you have some family there to help support you.

Best Wishes and a Big HUG,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

glad to know clearing cookies helps eliminate future ads.  

Really the weird part was my psychologist telling me about women’s underwear I should consider.  My wife said what she doesn’t think I know about women’s underwear?   I admit I wasn’t expecting her (psychologist) to tell me about women’s underwear either.

Edited by Jani
spell check

Good evening everyone! Experienced my first facial this evening. My sister video called me and walked me through it. Had an amazing conversation while we were at it. Have to say, my skin feels really good. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

• Forum Moderator

Closest thing to home automation is a remote for the TV. Don't see a need for it myself.

Anyhoo Today was boring at work. yet my back was killing me most all day. Good thing I have my appointment with my foot Dr Fri. Things have been OK so far, but my emotions can flip in a hurry. Hope to hear good news tomorrow about my E prescription. IF the VA will or will not fill it. I not I will immediately get a hold of my Endo so he can get it sent to an outside pharmacy. Starting to cross everything again.

Kymmie 

I don't really care if it listens to me, hope they like what they hear. I've been getting a lot of ads in FB for cute clothes and boots. I've even had a Mildol ad pop up. Still trying to figure out why they thought that would apply to me.

I had a very productive day. Got our garbage disposal in. Had to re-route the drains so there was another trip to Home Depot. Hung a new light fixture in our hallway and put the hallway one in the kitchen. Needed parts and I didn't want to be that woman that has to go to the same store multiple times a day so I went to Menards instead. New garage door opener? Check. Laundry? Check. Coffee mug rack is hung. We're 2 people, why do we need 12 coffee mugs? I got all except for one of the boxes in our office emptied and the desk set up.

This girl is exhausted and done for the night.

I am not drinking any coffee just yet, but I foresee it in the near future. I am still trying to work out transition, and my need and desire to do so, with my therapist (appointment Friday). However, I do have something new to share. I had a long conversation with my mom and came out as transgender in full, and shared some of my journal entries with her. I think she suspected before. Now I KNOW she gets it. She has been incredibly supportive, and I'll be honest, I did a lot of happy crying. She was even giving me makeup tips. This girl is feeling positive. Please pardon this disaster of sentence fragments I call a paragraph. Appreciate you all!

-Keira

@CallMeKeira, that sounds like a really positive development.  It must be a relief to have that behind you.

Thank you @Susan R.  You had quite a week also.  I hope you're comfortable and healing nicely.

The French toast came out great...just like mom used to make.

3 hours ago, Ann W said:

The French toast came out great...just like mom used to make.

It's a lovely way to remember and celebrate her and yourself. 

@CallMeKeira That's awesome. I'm so glad your mother fully supports you. What a weight off your shoulders.

@ElizabethStar I wish my days were half as productive as yours. Heck, I'd do with even less. I kind of collapsed mentally and emotionally a few weeks ago and my mind just cant engage in work and my body just wants to do nothing.

Good morning everyone, happy Monday.

@Ann W What a lovely way to honor your mother! I'm so happy the French toast turned out yummy and just as you remembered it. I imagine the last several days have been very emotional for you and your family, and especially for you so I'm hopeful your family is accepting of you so you don't have that burden on top of your grief.

@ElizabethStar OMG I feel validated that I'm not the only one that goes to multiple stores when I forget to buy something at the first one. I must confess, you're a better woman than me... I wouldn't have the first clue how to do half of those home improvement projects!

@CallMeKeira I'm so happy to read that your mother is supportive of you! What a wonderful feeling that must be, and just a lovely mother/daughter moment.

I never did clean out the closet yesterday like I hoped. I had all the best intentions, but the moment I got a text from my Seattle-area girlfriends about doing a girls get-together on Zoom, I had no chance. There's always next weekend I guess. It was totally worth it though, I really needed some de-stress time and hanging out with the girls was just what I needed. I think we've perfected the art of syncing up a movie and watching it at the same time. We watched one of the classics from the 90's, Clueless. It's funny how dated it looks now, but those were my high school years! 

Have a great day all!

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning.

ive been mostly awake since 3:30.  

@KymmieL is it that the VA won’t fill it or that they don’t have it and have to get it?  Before me, my pharmacy didn’t carry depo Estradiol and had to get it.  It took them 5 days at a CVS.  Now they have it scheduled so they have it ready for my refill.

@gina-nicole-t thanks for that reference.  I’ll definitely check it out.  I wouldn’t have an Alexa but my daughter has three and decided to get me one.  When she’s in her kitchen she uses the intercom feature To call her teens to dinner.  Had an outlet for her Christmas tree.  Plays music.

I have a Kevo door lock that works with Alexa so if I need to let someone in remotely I can then relook the door.  I haven’t attempted setting that up yet.  I got a free Google device too. I do play music from that but that’s all.  I have to laugh when someone says Siri or close enough on the tv and she answers. So much for voice recognition.

@ElizabethStar that was pretty ambitious of you. I use my local hardware store for little things because the closest big store is 30 minutes each way.  But for bigger purchases or things the hardware store doesn’t carry it’s worth it. 

I’ve had my first cup of black coffee.  Going  for a refil.  

Hugs

Willow

Hey everybody,

Hope the coffee and the day is good. I like the algorithm personally. I have found it to be helpful more than not. I would have never found some of the cool clothing shops I visit without it. The constant sales attempt is meant to be helpful to the customer and the retailer. Targeting ads at people have shown similar interest is much better than just blanketing the whole internet. I've been studying that for quite some time. Youtube even has an algorithm for what content it offers. I have found most of my favorite new artists in this way. I say, trust the algorithm to find things you will like for you but if you feel like today could spiral into a frenzy of impulse purchases then, maybe a tech free walk could be the solution to avoid unwanted urges.

Have a great day everybody!

Good morning! Didn't get enough sleep (it was one of those nights where you keep saying "oh, this video's only five minutes long" and suddenly you've watched a bunch and you've gotta wake up in four hours). Gotta work today, but hey, that's just how it goes I guess. Gonna get some vocal practice in too.

1 hour ago, Abi said:

maybe a tech free walk could be the solution to avoid unwanted urges.

This! Every morning when I go out for exercise, I make it a point to leave all my devices at home and just enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. Even if it's just for the briefest moments here in NYC when it's interrupted by a car horn, airplane flying out or in from Laguardia, or something. I also like to be aware of my surroundings and drowning them out with music makes that harder. Why do I live in the City again? (Oh, right...)

Love,

~Audrey.

15 hours ago, Willow said:

Really the weird part was my psychologist telling me about women’s underwear I should consider.  

lol      That is sooo weird Willow . . . like my guy marriage councilor comparing transgender to the "fetish" of adults wanting to wear baby diapers in cribs? I mean really, where did THAT come from . . (he asked it was, of course, 'ex' who had outed me)

I definitely do not understand the need to "share" with cis therapists the only other therapist I've seen regularly, with two very brief exceptions, is post-op trans herself.

1 hour ago, Audrey said:

Why do I live in the City again?

I could possibly visit a big city to see the sights or a friend but, I prefer being out of big cities. I look up to the stars at night and they bring me peace. I would not find peace in a big city. The artificial light and constant rush of people everywhere would overwhelm my senses and I might have an episode. I envy people that can handle that. I can't wait for the weather to be nice at night for walking again. 

I live in a suburb of a medium size city with lots of parks.  I've found it a good compromise.  About 15 minutes away from downtown while still getting a small village feel.  Back in my 30's I live nearer to downtown in a college district.  There was always something going on.  About the time I turned 50 I felt I needed something a little quieter so here I am.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Audrey said:

Why do I live in the City again?

I grew up in a big city.  But after I married, we moved to a little rural island off the west coast of British Columbia, population 1100.  I loved it!  Being tied to a very expensive ferry meant we saved up our errands and did them all in a single trip about once every three weeks.  We were always prepared for a disaster, since we needed to have three weeks of food in the pantry.  It also made for odd experiences like creeping out of a performance of The Mousetrap just as the identity of the murderer was about to be revealed, so we wouldn't miss the last ferry! ?  We loved living in a rural community, though.  Everything was run by volunteers.

Now, we live in a tiny fishing village (pop. < 200) on the Bay of Fundy.  There are several sizeable towns (5-10,000 pop.) within a half-hour drive, with good access to big-box stores, theatres, hospital, and other services.  We much prefer rural living.  We have 25 acres of forest, and can't see our nearest neighbours (who, incidentally, are lovely people, and very supportive of my transition).

"The city" is Halifax, which is an hour and a half drive.  We hate going there, and go as seldom as possible.  I go there for appointments with my transition doctor, and I did make several trips in recently to drop off a friend for her chemotherapy treatments: just quick in-and-out trips. 

The majority of covid cases have been in the city, which is a good reason right now not to live there.

• Forum Moderator

@Kiera there aren’t any transgender therapists anywhere near me, only therapists that work with transgenders. There is an entire practice in Wilmington NC dedicated to the LGBTQI community but they are out of state so not covered by my insurance.  I go to Charleston SC and they are part of my plan.  MUSC is LGBTQI+ friendly.  My endocrinologist, psychologist, psychiatrist and ENT are all there.  I have exceeded local capabilities in those specialties.

@KathyLauren I grew up in a small town.  Moved to the Washington DC area for 22 years and basically hated it.  Moved to a small city until I retired and now live in a small quiet beach area.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, the coffee as usual is HOT, black and strong. This morning it was quiet and alone since my wife chose last night to cycle her anger again. I think I'll start a new thread about how my partner is sending mixed messages. So we can keep @KymmieLGood Morning All Coffee on a lighter note. My week at work, in the shop and at the office is in a mad rush. Year End, Prop Builds, and Shipping. 

Hugs (still masked)

Mindy???