• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone, 

The coffee was Folgers Dark Silk HOT, black and strong. The cats and I were up at daybreak with a light snow falling, which guaranteed an active bird feeder day.

I fixed a big breakfast for Suzie and I, then we sat at the computer to enroll her in the Social Security and Medicare Part A accounts deferring Part B until it's time for me to enroll later this Fall. She will be officially retiring in December 2021. I will start two of my small pensions at that time to offset her reduced monthly income. I'm still looking to work up until April 8, 2023 before I fully retire. 

Hugs for y'all

Mindy???

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

we sat at the computer to enroll her in the Social Security and Medicare Part A accounts deferring Part B

We did this last year for my spouse.  She's still working and enjoys it although I may be wearing her down.  I retired years ago and love it.  It requires financial discipline but after working all my life it was the best decision I've made.  I love working at nothing all day. TCOB!

• Forum Moderator

@JaniThat's funny, I've been a winter time bird feed since I moved out of my parents house. 

As for Retirement money discipline, the Suzie has been in payroll and accounting for most of her working life. But she's not willing to work the additional few months to increase our monthly draw. She says it's only an additional $80.00 dollars a month or $960.00 a year, and not worth it. The she came in to complain that hulu went up 10.00 a month. I smiled and said everything is going to go up once we lock in our retirements. What's a few months?

Have a great weekend, 

Mindy???

I looked at the long term differences of income based on retirement age and decided 70 was my target.  So far I'm happy I did.  Although just out of boredom I have taken a job or two for mad money.  That may be over as I start transitioning.  It's hard enough finding a job in your 70's.  I imagine it's even worse being trans.

• Forum Moderator

Hi

well it’s been a tough day.  Up at four am in great pain.  Similarly through out the day. I’m trying to go without painmeds tonight.  But I have them close.

@KymmieL you can’t get discouraged.  Your job will happen. 

ah,new retirees.  I had it all planned out.  I was goin g to work until I turned 70. But the company I worked for had other ideas.  They just closed up when I was 68, two years early.  I told my wife that at my age I wasn’t going to.golookfor another job so I retired.  Be careful about not getting part B or D.  If you don’t have coverage from another source, you get hit with a penalty. I thought I was doing it right but still got assessed the penalty.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

ah,new retirees.

@Willow I have a classmate who accidentally signed up and started his Social Security at the age of 64. He's admittedly not a computer guy, but his wife told him to log into the SSI website and set up an account so they could calculate how much they were looking at and plan accordingly. He had no idea that he had started his draw until it showed up in their bank account, and his wife questioned him. So on that next Monday he went into work talked to HR about his company retirement and they said he was set and ok to start whenever he wanted to. He said ok consider this my two week notice. 

I hope you have a restful night, 

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, I haven't been employed at one place long enough to eek out a retirement. Luckily I have my VA disability. But I am at least 10 yrs from SS. Don't have to worry about medical VA pays for it all. (hopefully soon my HRT.)

Work was as boring as I thought or maybe it is me. However I did get in my new work shirts. Ladies with Kymbrill on them.  Actually afraid to wear them.

My wife was talking about summer travel plans. I have worked on my own plan. Just hop on the bike and just ride. just me and the open road for a week. Take some time for me.

Have good evening everyone.

Kymmie

Good Morning everyone,

This is my first morning here. I am a morning person. I love to watch the sun come up. I am sipping coffee and reading this website. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Chloe

• Forum Moderator

Hi, it’s too early to be good.

our dog woke me up an hour ago so I got up.  Never trust a woman on a scooter to ride around the house with coffee in one hand.  She going to spill it.

it was still 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  No pain pills either.  Finally!  Not much happening here.  I think I’ll try doing a crossword puzzle 

I’ll be back later 

Willow

Good morning everyone,

I've been up since a little before 5am. At least I have coffee today.

Big surprise I was out shopping again yesterday. One of the things I needed was a wi-fi extender, so I popped into Best Buy. At the check out the cashier asked for my phone number for rewards points. I gave him my wife's number, the one we always use. I was asked to verify the information, since we just moved our address was wrong and she has a new email. While I was making the corrections the cashier started calling me by my wife's name. I was shocked and a little flattered. Part of me wanted to correct him just on the fact I'm Elizabeth, not my wife but I just let it go.

I'm going to try to stay home today and get some stuff done. Time for more coffee.

Good morning everyone, happy Sunday. Looking forward to a restful day today, hopefully.

I was so proud of myself yesterday. Despite my tiredness from the previous workweek, I did clear out the closet I'd hoped to. It was mostly old clothes and I will be getting rid of tons of men's suits, shirts, and ties, donating them all to charity. The idea that I'm never really going to be obligated to wear stuff like that again was a really satisfying feeling. Even still though, I waffled back and forth about whether I should keep just one, in case I need something for an occasion where I'm not comfortable being out yet. Not too late, but this morning I'm leaning towards not keeping anything - it's just an anchor to a past I'm moving far away from. Besides, my growing hair and breasts will give me away a little more every day, and it gives me a reason to look at women's suits instead!

You know what would be great for breakfast? Waffles. Mmm.

Love,

~Audrey.

2 hours ago, Audrey said:

it's just an anchor to a past I'm moving far away from. Besides, my growing hair and breasts will give me away a little more every day, and it gives me a reason to look at women's suits instead!

You know what would be great for breakfast? Waffles. Mmm.

Good job? That doesn't sound quit right. Anyways, I'm happy you were able to get that closet clean out. I sense a little symbolism. I know the feeling of thinking I might need some of my old clothes. Maybe I should keep that sports jacket I've had for 8 years and never wore, I might need to dress up for something. Then I remember I've been looking at dresses for the same reason. A women in a suit just does something for me. God I'm weird.

Waffles do sound good. Now I'm disappointed in my decision, had a bagel.

This New Yorker approves of the breakfast bagel. Especially with a schmear. And a coffee.

Speaking of suits, I have my eye on this skirt suit, it comes in four colors and a range of sizes (I would get it in grey or navy). But would I find the courage to actually go out and wear it somewhere, especially if I'm still not even going in to my office right now? I don't know who would freak out more, me or my partner...

https://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~71~2055~&ProductDisplayID=36535

Love,

~Audrey.

If you partner is OK with it, treats you like one of the girls. I say go for it. Being out with a partner or trusted friend is always a big boost to confidence and courage.

There definitely was coffee and a schemer but it was non-dairy.

I feel very fortunate that my partner has been so supportive since I came out to her. She was the first one I came out to, last summer. We've had a lot of growing pains as a couple, as I know all of us do who are in committed relationships and transitioning. We still have a long way to go before I'm "one of the girls" with her, but she has seen me dressed many times and there is no longer a strong reaction like before. I think it was when my partner realized that me dressing in women's clothing was about expression and not arousal that she understood why I wanted (needed!) to do it. I just had to disprove her assumptions, and assure her I wasn't wearing her stuff (like I could fit in it anyway). By contrast, my other female friends have been very quick to embrace my true identity. I suspect it's been easier for them because there was never a romantic pretense for those relationships and coming out as a trans woman just made sense.

Anyway, pretty deep thoughts for the coffee thread. Time to get serious about these waffles now that my partner is here and we're both hungry. I think we even have some frozen blueberries to add to them!

Love,

~Audrey.

My partner is very supportive.  Every time I try a new outfit or some new jewelry I ask her opinion of it.  Since there's about a foot difference in our height and 80 pounds in our weight she has no worries of me trying to wear her clothes.  She has lent me some of her jewelry to wear though.

Oooh blueberry waffles YUM

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Audrey said:

Speaking of suits, I have my eye on this skirt suit, it comes in four colors and a range of sizes (I would get it in grey or navy). But would I find the courage to actually go out and wear it somewhere, especially if I'm still not even going in to my office right now? I don't know who would freak out more, me or my partner...

https://www.venus.com/viewproduct.aspx?BRANCH=7~71~2055~&ProductDisplayID=36535

I like that! I'd have to try it on though and see how it looked on me. Every time I see a top I like in an ad, I need to remind myself that I'm not exactly SHAPED like the model that's wearing it.

I miss changing rooms.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Every time I see a top I like in an ad, I need to remind myself that I'm not exactly SHAPED like the model that's wearing it.

This is a thing

• Forum Moderator

Audrey, that suit is so cute. I may need one of each color. If I get the analyst  position.  Just waiting for the message that they want to have an interview with me.

Am a big girl,  wearing my new work shirt today. But will change we I  leave.

Kymmie 

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I miss changing rooms.

I know right! I'm becoming better at visualizing how clothes might look on me and knowing what styles work for my body type, but trying to pretend there is no model wearing the clothes is *so* hard to do.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Audrey, that suit is so cute. I may need one of each color. If I get the analyst  position.  Just waiting for the message that they want to have an interview with me.

I'm cheering for you, Kymmie, that you get both the call you're hoping for about the job *and* the one about starting HRT! I have a positive feeling about next week, you deserve some happy news.

The blueberry waffles turned out amazing, by the way. It was nice to actually use the waffle iron for once. What to do with the rest of the day? Some fresh air would be nice, but I'm feeling cozy inside the apartment right now so it might be a Netflix and chill kind of day.

Love,

~Audrey.

My wife went to Kohl's and as she was leaving, she said "why don't you have some time for yourself." That is code for, go ahead and be Chloe for a while. I have makeup on, my blonde wig, my women's glasses, sports bra and women's t-shirt. It feels so good to be Chloe!

Not sure if any of you ever go on TikTok or not but, I did recently. I had no idea how huge our community is on there. I'm not encouraging anyone to make videos or anything but, for me, it was nice to see so much love and unity all in one place. I just wanted to share that. Have a great day everyone. Welcome @Chloe Cozee. Glad you're here.

Coffee is strong and being hastily drunk. I have been called into work on my day off because I'm the only manager available (perks of my promotion I guess). I figured I'd take a moment I update. I too miss fitting rooms. Had a serious discussion with my therapist on Friday about my desire to transition. Full sent my point by dressing femme. Went to goodwill afterwards to buy some more clothes, since my mom graciously helped me figure out my sizes. Let me say, I have never been so terrified in my life! Well, except for that time with the Easter Bunny. Haha

-Warm regards all,

Keira

1 hour ago, CallMeKeira said:

Went to goodwill afterwards to buy some more clothes, since my mom graciously helped me figure out my sizes. Let me say, I have never been so terrified in my life!

I was scared as heck the first time too.  I was certain everyone was watching - they couldn't have cared less.