• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

ElizabethStar

@AudreyCan't wait to see it, assuming all goes well.

My dumb ass (can I say that here?) inadvertently maybe outed myself to a customer today. We were talking about the service history on his account when I just had to say "Yeah, I remember from the last time I was there". Grant it, it was a few years ago but pre-HRT. I did manage kept moving through the conversation without missing a beat and side-stepped it when he mentioned me by my dead name as being his favorite tech. He's probably scratching his head right now trying to figure out when a woman came out and serviced his account.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Jackie C.

• Jani

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heather Nicole
5 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

For some reason the idea of getting married is on my mind and it’s kind of sad because I never got to be a bride. Or go to prom or be a bridesmaid. I just feel kind of depressed about the events I missed

Oh, you are sooo not alone on this...Can relate sooo much...

Chloe Cozee

Good Morning! Coffee is on, getting ready for work. Have a nice day everyone!

1 hour ago, Chloe Cozee said:

Good Morning! Coffee is on, getting ready for work. Have a nice day everyone!

Good early morning @Chloe Cozee   I thought I would be first posting this morning but you beat me.  

Sumatran Pea Berry is the flavor this morning.  I'm trying to get up earlier these days to get some core exercises in.  My weight loss journey I think is done, I've plateaued for 3 months and I'm pretty happy with how I look but I have no core muscles.  I had a few back fusions done a decade or so ago and then added those 50lbs.  With all that weight, every time I tried to exercise I would end up throwing my back into a crisis.  Now I don't have that excuse and really want to tone my abs and core to help with my back.  

Off to exercise......after this beautiful mug of coffee of course ;)

Kisses

Bri

Also up early this morning! One cup of coffee already down. I can tell, this will be a three or four cup kind of day. The scabs from yesterday's electrolysis session are so itchy this morning. It's taking superwoman willpower not to pick at them!

Had a bit of a big moment late last night! I decided to ride the emotional high of buying that skirt suit and call up one of my co-workers and just came out to her as transgender. Not only was she supportive and accepting, but I found out she has other transgender friends *and* that she had wondered about me for some time but couldn't quite figure it out. As with basically every other coming out experience I've had so far, the anticipatory anxiety is so much worse than reality. Feeling really hopeful in this moment.

@Chloe Cozee Glad to hear that you're recovering from the virus as well as can be hoped. Sending positive energy your way.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! ❤️ 

Love,

~Audrey.

Chloe Cozee
1 hour ago, Audrey said:

Sending positive energy your way.

Thank you Audrey!

Hugs!

ElizabethStar

Good morning everyone,

My furry kids had me up around 2:30 this morning. Thankfully I was able to go back to sleep but I do see a lot of coffee in my future. I had a weird dream that I dropped my purse in a toilet. Although my dream put me in a restroom I didn't check myself in the mirror. I have had a dream where I saw my reflection in a pond. I looked like the little house on the prairie character Laura Ingalls.

Congratulations @Audrey. I feel coming out at work is a big step. After all it's where the paychecks come from. The anticipation anxiety? It sucks.  All the girls at my job have accepted me as one of them so now I get dragged into awkward conversations about child birth and shark week.

Good morning coffee lovers etal 

Wow, a lot happened since I was last here yesterday.  Steel toed slippers, floral hard hats, bosses that have hair issues and that’s only one persons issues.

I had a bit of a rough night.  Wound up having to take an oxy to get to sleep.  I thought I was done with that.  

today is a bit of a depressing day.  But there is hope for tomorrow.  

on to cup two.  I’ll be back later.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.
4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Now I don't have that excuse and really want to tone my abs and core to help with my back.  

Word of warning: When you're doing your obliques, don't use weights. Your body weight is plenty. Weights will bulk up those oblique muscles and obscure your pretty waist.

Hugs!

Vanessa Michelle

Good morning ladies ❤️☕️ Can’t believe this is my first time posting on this thread. 🙌🏼 @Audreyso yay!!!!!! about her accepting you and the skirt!! I hope you’ll post a pic! 💃🏻 As for electrolysis, I’ll have that joyous feeling to look forward to one day lol 😬 Hope y’all are doing well! Woke up with a headache this morning so I’m lagging a little bit behind, but now that I dropped my littlest one off at school I suppose I should get downing the coffee ☕️ as well! 

Good morning all,

I didn't get a chance to check in here to catch up until getting to my office. My coffee is the usual Folgers Dark Roast.

I'm was up early, however my morning was rushed, today is dental check up day. I wanted to present with the best of teeth and gums. I learned not to beat up my gums to harshly (flossing) because the dental hygienist was thinking my gums were swollen by infection, when it was me trying to hard to clean them before getting there. I did take time to color match my new skinny jeans, (not ready to tuck them inside my boots) cool socks and slipper style shoes, mock neck undershirt, zipper collar outer shell with long sleeves with a thumb hole, matching headband and face mask. Suzie gave me the side eye as I left, but did tell me to enjoy my day and I'll see you for lunch. Keeping with the hair theme, my business partner asked me when I was going to cut mine. I told him I may never cut it other than a minor trim. He still thinks I'm going Hippie/Biker as I near retirement.

It's a good mental health day for me. I hope you all can find something to be happy about today as well.

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

Hi

my day is looking up.  I am scheduled for my first COVID-19 vaccine shot tomorrow at 9:20.  Since I can’t get pants over my wrapped foot I’m not sure how I’m going to dress.  Guess I’ll have to discuss that with my wife.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good news. We can sign up starting on Friday.  

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.
4 hours ago, Willow said:

Since I can’t get pants over my wrapped foot I’m not sure how I’m going to dress.

A modest, ankle-length skirt. You're going to the doctor, not a party. Maybe mid calf. That's about where my long skirts hit me and I don't remember how tall you are.

You can always tell your spouse it's a long kilt. For winter.

Hugs!

9 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

All the girls at my job have accepted me as one of them so now I get dragged into awkward conversations about child birth and shark week.

Elizabeth i nearly sprayed my coffee all across the dining table when i read that. Not sure whether to be happy for you or terrified.

No coffee was harmed in the writing of this post 😁

I kinda needed that mirth this morning. Thank you.

Hugs

Robin

9 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Congratulations @Audrey. I feel coming out at work is a big step. After all it's where the paychecks come from. The anticipation anxiety? It sucks.  All the girls at my job have accepted me as one of them so now I get dragged into awkward conversations about child birth and shark week.

It's been really fascinating today, seeing my colleague put all the pieces together now that she knows. She hasn't missed a beat calling me Audrey at all, even though my dead name is still all over everything. I don't want her to play a version of the pronoun game endlessly though, so coming out to my boss and the rest of the staff will be quite soon. Fortunately I work in a tiny agency so I'll be able to guide my own coming out quite easily I hope.

I think true acceptance has come in many flavors for me so far - the pregnancy and "shark week" conversations for sure, but probably most affirming of all, the one conversation where someone said I great fashion sense and wanted my outfit ideas, which she later realized. That gave me warm fuzzies!

Love,

~Audrey.

11 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

All the girls at my job have accepted me as one of them so now I get dragged into awkward conversations about child birth and shark week.

It's great that they accept you.

Personally, having been a midwife at 6 births, I find conversations on childbirth fascinating.

5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

You can always tell your spouse it's a long kilt. For winter.

Now that’s not a bad idea, I’ll wear my kilts.  No, I’ll be wearing sweatpants.  Where the vaccination center is located I’d be taking my life in my hands.  The site is one block away from a steel mill.

besides she knows all my clothing.  She either gave it to me or was with me when we tried it on.

as for my height, are we talking drivers license or most recent medical height.  Legally I’m 5’ 10” but in reality I’m only 5’ 8” now. My joints have compressed two inches already.  At least that makes me only an inch taller than my sister.

@ElizabethStar, I think that’s pretty great.  

Willow

I'm so glad to read about your coming out experience @Audrey.  I got fuzzies just reading about it.  I can see coming out to a female colleague in my near future as well.  It's getting harder to hide as I also become less interested hiding.  Reading these stories is so encouraging.

It's been at least a month before I came out to someone, I kinda miss it. Since I want to do it in person to the people that matter most it's been sporadic. 

Good morning everyone, happy Wednesday. Coffee is hot and strong today. Planning to go outside for my exercise routine before jumping into what promises to be a busy workday, trying to keep up with the constantly evolving landscape of the vaccine rollout. I should check to be sure I don't need to buy more coffee while I'm out. I'm also seeing a few snowflakes as daylight comes.

@Ann W I hope you'll have that warm and fuzzy coming out experience soon too! I think I'm close to (if not past) the point where it's more exhausting *not* to come out. The one exception is still family, but only because there's one family member on hospice and that's weighing on everyone so it feels like the wrong time to say anything, I imagine I would add stress to an already stressful situation. Yet, I'd want to be out for any memorial service, so I'm pretty torn. I guess it's part of why I wanted to hang on to just one of my men's suits.

@RhondaS I totally relate to wanting to come out in person, especially because we're sharing something so close to our hearts. While I would have wanted to do that with everyone, the pandemic prevented it. The only person I actually did come out to face-to-face was partner - otherwise it's been Zoom, Face Time, and phone calls. Even still, I'm amazed by the emotional closeness I can still feel even though it's not in person. The warm feelings after any positive coming out experience are just so nice!

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day! ❤️

Love,

~Audrey.

ElizabethStar

I've come to the conclusion that people just don't listen. I was sent out on a call yesterday. I had been working with the customer over the phone earlier, so she knew my name, but the issue came back and we needed to get a tech out there ASAP. My manager sent me. No worries though, I'm happy to get out and spread my wings a little as a female technician. It was a bit of an emergency so I didn't waste any time with pleasantries and forgot to introduce myself. After the work was completed, I was giving the Mrs. the cliff notes on the work I did. She mentioned how she had called our office and work with someone over the phone. I was like yea, that was me, I'm Elizabeth. We talked for a minutes, I gathered my things and headed out the door. I said goodbye and she replies "Thanks Melissa". At least she got my gender right.

Some of my clothes also came in the mail. It was very exciting.  Unfortunately 2 of the 3 tops run crazy small from the advertised size and the jeans run big. I'll see what happens when the rest of them get here.

Good morning coffee 

my friends are strong.  Ok you figure it out out.  I’m still half asleep.

I get my Covid this morning.  I’m still half asleep though.  Oh I said that.  Sorry!  I wish I could come out and be welcomed like is happening but I’m not exactly being welcomed at home and “you coming out is embarrassing to me. “. Anybody got a got answer for that?  I’ll be back later when I’m awake.

Willow

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• MaryEllen
    • Sukey
    • LusciousTheLock
    • Drayse
    • Myles97
    • Jackie C.
    • Charlize
    • Kasumi63
    • ValerieRun
    • Emily michelle
    • Petra Jane