🏳️‍🌈 June is Pride Month ×
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Rachel I understand the need for an IV this morning. lol. It must be this weather system moving in but it took a major amount of willpower to get out of my warm bed and go for my morning walk with the wife and dog.

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KymmieL

• Willow

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi again,

today was a shower day.  My wife was busy putting together supper in the crock pot so I went in on my own.  Bad idea, very bad!  I have to wear a bag over my foot to keep it dry.  Apparently I did a poor job of sealing it because my foot is pretty wet.  And if I thought it felt miserable, that’s nothing compared to wet.  I’m spending the day in PJs it’s all I had that would go over my foot.  I’ll deed the only other thing Wednesday and Friday.  My wife suggested I stay naked.  I didn’t think that was a good idea.

@KymmieL, one thing we all do is let our minds wonder and they always go to the bad side.  It’s not easy but try to just let things happen as they come.  Don’t always think the worst, all you are doing is building up your internal stress.  If she’s going to leave you, she will, but in the meantime don’t dwell on it, don’t think every odd thing is in preparation to leave.  You will drive yourself crazy with stress.

Willow

Good morning all. I had my coffee at 4:00 today. Waffles, peanut butter and honey. Speaking of cleaning, I can't even step into my garage. Been a construction worker for over 40 years, and handyperson. I think it's time to clean up at 68, I feel I should slow down on construction projects and enjoy life more. Besides, I don't have the strength or energy for that stuff anymore. Just about finished with a room I added to my house. House was built in 1900. Just way too much to do with old houses. Hope you all have a great day.

Jamie

3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Just way too much to do with old houses.

Good afternoon from the Central Time Zone,

@Jamie68 cleaning/reorganizing the garage is something I do every 4th or 5th project. Some of the things I'm working on now are to facilitate my future retirement projects/capabilities. My shop table is organized chaos with off fall from recent work. The most effective way to clean it is with a wire mesh strainer over my shopvac hose. Anything smaller than a #8mm nut will pass into the waste bin, all other objects are pulled off and sorted for later use. Sawdust, metal filings, and smaller nuts bolts and washers are gone never to be seen again. My tablesaw is my layout surface, my work bench is heavy duty for pounding, blocking, and bracing. 

They built a whole whole industry around "This Old House" including my favorite comedian/actor Tim Allen.

Good luck with your garage sort,

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

6 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

House was built in 1900. Just way too much to do with old houses.

LOL.   My son bought a late19th century farmhouse.  He has been a very busy fellow.

Willow, you should just get a nice big flannel nightgown.   That will take care of it all - and be very comfy. 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Jandi said:

Willow, you should just get a nice big flannel nightgown.   That will take care of it all - and be very comfy. 

Amen to that!!!

2beBreanna

Well... 

Had my call with doctor about blood work today at 230 while at work.  It went great.  I had my HRT meds in hand by 430.  Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.  

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.
1 hour ago, 2beBreanna said:

Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.

Congratulations!

Did you make it out of the pharmacy parking lot before you took your first dose? I didn't. Managed to the the first patch on in the (cramped) front seat of a '92 Saturn SL1 in front of the Goddess and everyone. 😉

May you enjoy the ride and it bring you all you wished for and more!

Hugs!

That's wonderful news. @2beBreanna.  Kind of scary though, isn't it?  I haven't started yet...but soon.  I feel your excitement/nervousness.

Enjoy the experience!

2beBreanna
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Congratulations!

Did you make it out of the pharmacy parking lot before you took your first dose?

Yes but only because I did not eat anything today and did not want to take meds on empty stomach.  I made it home and ate then took first dose. 

@Ann W
Yes it is scary to think about the changes that will hopefully come.  It's funny how something we soo want to happen can be so scary at the same time. 

Congratulations @2beBreanna I wasn’t nervous, I was excited to get started.  But, I still waited so that I took them on a schedule that was easy to follow.  I was momentarily hesitant before giving myself my first estradiol shot, but I just went for it.  Not hesitant anymore takes longer to get everything out and sanitized. 

Willow

Emily michelle

Hi Mmindy nice to hear your in Missouri I actually live a couple counties away from Jefferson county. The company I work for has 2 quarries and a couple of asphalt plants in Jeff course.

2 hours ago, 2beBreanna said:

Well... 

Had my call with doctor about blood work today at 230 while at work.  It went great.  I had my HRT meds in hand by 430.  Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.  

Woo Hoo! you've got this girl!

@2beBreanna That's wonderful news! Happy re-birthday! I remember being super excited and nervous when I started HRT. Hoping the experience and changes bring you much joy now and into the future.

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, 2beBreanna said:

I had my HRT meds in hand by 430.  Super happy to be starting this but also a little nervous.

Congratulations @2beBreanna, Here’s to the start of your medical transition. May your results be everything you’re hoping for and that the timing of the changes will be an easy adjustment for you.

My Best,

Susan R🌷

Thanks. I will need Luck and a couple more garbage cans. The big flannel night gown sounds good too. Congrats on your starting on HRT. That's awesome.

Jamie

Vanessa Michelle

@2beBreannaYay! Congratulations sister!! I am excited for you and look forward to starting HRT myself one day! 

2beBreanna

Thanks everyone.  It happened a lot faster than I thought it would.  I wish everyone would be able to start as easily.  To many hoops to jump through for many. 

Gotta get to bed early tonight so I can wake up at 4 to shovel before work.  Where can I get a cozy flannel nighty.  Can't seem to find cute comfy pjs.

Vanessa Michelle

That's a great question! I never thought of getting one of those! That would be really nice to have in addition to pajamas. 

Elizabeth Star

Congrats @2beBreanna!   I couldn't stop myself and took mine as soon as I got in the car. Why did I park so far away? Stupid street parking.

One of my friends at work gave a bag of clothes today. She came into my office area with it and immediately started  rummaging through it. Pulling stuff out and showing it to me. I think you'll like this...This'll look good on you. I was only slightly mortified this was happening. My office mates are guys and knew me before, made it kinda awkward. I got some nice stuff though and a dress. A sleeveless dress none-the-less. Of course I had to try it on when I got home (I tried it all on). It fits....really good. I just started going out in skirts and now a dress appears in my life. Just need an occasion to wear it. And the wife thing. I think she said no dresses but I'm not sure if that was no buying, wearing or just not in front of her. Oh well, life's a gamble.

Vanessa Michelle

Aww, @ElizabethStarthat would be so cool! I would have such a hard time waiting to get home to try them all on! Love it!! That was really sweet of her ❤️

5 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

The company I work for has 2 quarries and a couple of asphalt plants in Jeff course.

Small World Emily, my baby brother is a dispatcher and batch operator for Arnold Readymix. I hope things are going well for you. GirlMechanicsRock and being in the quarry/mining industry you really Rock. 

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

It's great that you have that kind of support with your coworkers. I don't think any of mine would have been that thoughtful.

6 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I just started going out in skirts and now a dress appears in my life.

When the student is ready...the dress will appear.  Good luck with the wife.

Early morning to y’all .

woke up an hour ago and couldn’t get back to sleep.  I won’t make coffee this early though.

so yesterday I took a shower.  I bagged my foot carefully so it wouldn’t get wet.  No didn’t get wet, it got soaked.  I tried all day to get it to dry.  Used a fan, a hair dryer anything I could come up with.  Still wet.  About 5pm I gave up.  I removed the wet cotton wrapping. Put on two clean, white Harley Davidson socks, and put on my air cast.  I know the doctor is not going to be happy with me but this is better than showing up Friday to get the stitches out with a damp bandage .  A lot more comfortable too.  Turns out there was a line of small holes on the bottom of the brand new Glad Kitchen bag.  Might as well buy the cheap ones.  

I’ll be back later when the coffee is made and and I’m ready for a cup.

Willow

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

• Shay
    • Torrence Kieran
    • Maddee
    • AmyJane
    • AmberM