• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

My wife isn't thrilled about me being in a forum. She's afraid of me divulging personal information. She thinks you all are influencing me too much. I guess it's too hard for her to understand that you are helping me. I get a lot of depression like most or all of us. This forum helps me.

I get depressed a lot myself, and coming here helps.

Since my wife and I split some years ago she's not an issue.

However being alone is for me.

I sometimes wonder whether I would have looked at my gender issues much sooner if I hadn't been with her at the time.  I think it was only when I was free from the relationship that I was able to have a deeper look at myself.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

He gave me a few names of therapists who deal with LGBTQ people. His top choice is a transwoman. 1-1/2 hour drive, but does teleconferencing.

That is a good find. Absolutely see if she's accepting new clients. There's nothing better than having a therapist that knows exactly what you're going through. I know people who don't like teleconferences, but that's how I've always seen my main therapist and it works for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Now for Kymmie time. Trying to figure what to wear,( One of a girls biggest problems) Something girly but will also keep me warm. It's 16 with a wind.

Thank you. I now have "Hammertime" stuck in my head. "Kymmie-time! Doo do do do... do do." Please end my suffering.

I hope you have a lovely visit with your doctors. I got to have a GP in training look at my genitals whilst at my GYN office yesterday. Four of us in an office and I wasn't wearing pants. It was like a party. A terrible, terrible party.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

I get depressed a lot myself, and coming here helps.

Since my wife and I split some years ago she's not an issue.

However being alone is for me.

I sometimes wonder whether I would have looked at my gender issues much sooner if I hadn't been with her at the time.  I think it was only when I was free from the relationship that I was able to have a deeper look at myself.

You're absolutely right. Camaraderie with my fellow trans-folks is a great comfort. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but we understand each other and the sort of troubles we go through. It's also nice to have a sympathetic ear when I'm having a rough day and the dysphoria monster is scratching at my brain.

Of course at this point, I am so married that I doubt I could live any other way. Which is weird, because I do all the cooking and cleaning. You'd think I'd be able to take care of myself but the idea of "going it alone" is terrifying.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

That is a good find. Absolutely see if she's accepting new clients. There's nothing better than having a therapist that knows exactly what you're going through. I know people who don't like teleconferences, but that's how I've always seen my main therapist and it works for me. Hopefully it will work for you too.

Thank you. I now have "Hammertime" stuck in my head. "Kymmie-time! Doo do do do... do do." Please end my suffering.

I hope you have a lovely visit with your doctors. I got to have a GP in training look at my genitals whilst at my GYN office yesterday. Four of us in an office and I wasn't wearing pants. It was like a party. A terrible, terrible party.

Hugs!

Oh crap! Sounds like a nightmare to me.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

That would be a terrible party, one I wouldn't want to attend.

Physical therapy and Speech Therapy done. Got some stretches to do to help my back. Speech went real well too.

Just remember its Kymmie -time! Sorry I just had to. :P

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Oh crap! Sounds like a nightmare to me.

@Jamie68 like anything in life, its all what you make of it!   Plus this is the state of the art right now with the pandemic raging.  Don't discount any avenue for treatment.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  I have zoom meetings with a few friends and they prove to be very personal and close. 

Cheers, Jani

2 hours ago, Jani said:

@Jamie68 like anything in life, its all what you make of it!   Plus this is the state of the art right now with the pandemic raging.  Don't discount any avenue for treatment.  You may be pleasantly surprised.  I have zoom meetings with a few friends and they prove to be very personal and close. 

Cheers, Jani

I called. She's not taking new patients for at least 3 weeks.  There's no waiting list.  On her website there's a place to email her.  I did that, pleading for her to take me as soon as she can and described myself about transitioning.  I also mentioned I'm in this forum. Hopefully the email will help. 

Hello all. Sorry I have been absent. Been a bit caught up with work. Coffee is cold but still being consumed. Hope all are staying as well as they can during these trying times.

12 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Yea thanks. Now it's in my head...make it stop! And that party...does sound really terrible but it wouldn't be the worst thing I've done.

Good morning,

Time for my second cup-o-coffee. I don't understand why I've been waking up before the chickens so often.

I have insidey stuff I can do with it being so early but the wife and furry kids are still sleeping so I'm trying to keep the noise down. Our new mattress is supposed to ...........brb, gotta get my toast.........arrive sometime around lunch. It'll be fun spending the day moving and assembling bed frames but at least I can finally get our guest room organized. My biggest fear today is breaking another nail, I broke two last weekend. Wife still owes me a manicure.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

My biggest fear today is breaking another nail, I broke two last weekend. Wife still owes me a manicure.

I know, right? I'm trying to keep my nails nice but between the weights and how brittle they are I can't keep them looking anything but ragged. They're sharp as all get-out though. I could absolutely tear somebody's face off.

I'm awake because of this thing:

477947066_camera-p(1).thumb.jpg.75344d131cdf2de13ba408ac2b2e9a66.jpg

Apparently he was thirsty and the ONLY water he could drink was out of the tap in the bathtub. He is not sorry.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Apparently he was thirsty and the ONLY water he could drink was out of the tap in the bathtub. He is not sorry.

Hugs!

Sounds pretty typical of upper management.

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I know, right? I'm trying to keep my nails nice but between the weights and how brittle they are I can't keep them looking anything but ragged. They're sharp as all get-out though. I could absolutely tear somebody's face off.

477947066_camera-p(1).thumb.jpg.75344d131cdf2de13ba408ac2b2e9a66.jpg

Hugs!

I love it. Animals are great. A lot smarter than they get credit for. My dachshund knew I was transitioning first. She cuddles with me a lot more now. My fingernails start breaking at maybe 1/16" of growth also. 

• Forum Moderator

Remember that Dachshunds and cats don't have people they have staff.

Up a little before the alarm, to jump in the shower. Still have my Minnie bow earrings in no argument from the wife and/or son, Yet. It may have happened last night after I got off work. But my son's girl-friend was over.

Well my Monday. and since I covered last night I don't have to be in at 6am.  I will be putting up the note today for everyone to use my preferred name and pronouns.

Have a safe and warm day, everyone.

Kymmie

I feel great today. My wife outed my to our daughter last night. She took it well. After my wife ended her call, I texted my daughter apologizing for not telling her myself and she can call me to talk about it. She called me a minute later. She knew already from the picture of my newly pierced ears I sent her. She has several trans, bi, gay, lez, friends. She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome. It's going to be a while though. She lives in Florida, and me in Illinois.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Remember that Dachshunds and cats don't have people they have staff.

Up a little before the alarm, to jump in the shower. Still have my Minnie bow earrings in no argument from the wife and/or son, Yet. It may have happened last night after I got off work. But my son's girl-friend was over.

Well my Monday. and since I covered last night I don't have to be in at 6am.  I will be putting up the note today for everyone to use my preferred name and pronouns.

Have a safe and warm day, everyone.

Kymmie

My almost 3 yr old puppy is a pampered princess. Spoiled rotten. I get frisked thoroughly any time I come in from outside for a new squeaky ball.

Have a great day.

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome.

❤️ That's great. I'm so happy for you. You raised a great kid! ?

1 hour ago, Drayse said:

❤️ That's great. I'm so happy for you. You raised a great kid! ?

Thanks. I agree. I'm so happy that my wife is becoming ok with family members knowing I'm a transwoman. Not having any bad responses from anyone so far helps.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I will be putting up the note today for everyone to use my preferred name and pronouns.

Wishing you best!

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

She's really excited for me. We talked and cried for about a half hour. She's sending me makeup tips, link for clothing. Wants to go girly stuff shopping with me. It's awesome. It's going to be a while though. She lives in Florida, and me in Illinois.

That is just awesome. Hopefully the experience won't be overloading. It was for me the first time.

Wishing you best!

That is just awesome. Hopefully the experience won't be overloading. It was for me the first time.

I just now sent a long text to my granddaughter outing myself. I'm nervous about how she will take it. She lives with us, but I don't see her much.

Hey @Jackie C.. Just saw this and thought of you.

151832704_10219619488377915_8308916797743712569_n.thumb.jpg.1a3bb8c7b2ab71173c6e98e0957b3a22.jpg

I love it. Thanks. I've got tears welling up now. It's been happening a lot lately. Tears of joy and relief.

• Forum Moderator

@Jamie68 I have been waiting 7 months for my wife to go thru grieving since I started HRT. She knew before that but still has not allowed outing me to the step kids or grand kids. It is hard not to do it myself but I respect her feelings and I am hopeful she will as I move toward surgeries. SO @Jamie68 I think it is wonderful and I am so happy for you. Cherish it.

1 hour ago, Shay said:

@Jamie68 I have been waiting 7 months for my wife to go thru grieving since I started HRT. She knew before that but still has not allowed outing me to the step kids or grand kids. It is hard not to do it myself but I respect her feelings and I am hopeful she will as I move toward surgeries. SO @Jamie68 I think it is wonderful and I am so happy for you. Cherish it.

Thank you. I hope You can out yourself soon also.

I totally forgot. I had an old friend I hadn't see or heard from in 30 years find me on FB. This is how things should be.

152136784_10219396408683025_6692495041150817144_n.thumb.jpg.3b28cef9171a72386c9885b46c51de7d.jpg