• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

D&D never interested me. But I know that for those into it it’s quite popular. 

My wife is supposed to get her first shot today   That is if they actually have vaccine.  We’ve been talking about Covid and all the restrictions because of it. We are both missing friends we haven’t seen in close to a year and aren’t likely to just because of the shot.  Now the thing is you can still get sick, just not as sick. Apparently the only thing that is really expected to go down is hospitalization and mortality.  And until everyone is vaccinated we still aren’t going to be safe.  What percentage will refuse?  I know my daughter is one.

oh well get off the soap box and pity party.  Hey nice weather this week   Take care

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

God, I'm surrounded by DnD geeks, help me. but I've played a session or two myself. ?.  I liked playing a rpg called Aftermath.

Anywho, Start of my closing days. which isn't too bad. I have time to chat with my girlfriends and boyfriends too.

Hugs, to all

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

God, I'm surrounded by DnD geeks, help me. but I've played a session or two myself. ?.  I liked playing a rpg called Aftermath.

OMG.  I tried playing Aftermath back in the day.  It was cumbersome but cool as I remember.  Lots of math.  I think I have a pdf copy of it somewhere, on some old hard drive.  Never got to play it much, because my friends couldn't get into it.  I always wanted to a post alien invasion campaign.  I loved the rats in that game.  I forget what they were called.  I played Bushido quite a bit as well (same publisher).

@JustineM forgot to mention in my last post, caught up as I was in my reminiscing, I hope you have fun with the kids and DnD!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, KimmieElise said:

My then 13 year-old youngest daughter went straight for a half-orc barbarian.  I totally didn't expect that, as she was always my girlie fashion queen.

Sure, but playing someone who you absolutely are not day-to-day is part of the allure. Stepping outside of yourself and being someone else for a couple of hours. I seem to have been turned into the perma-GM for my current group (don't know how I feel about that), but when I get to play I usually gravitate towards someone with psychic powers or a bard. I love playing me some bard.

3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I liked playing a rpg called Aftermath.

Never played it myself, but I know it. A friend had a copy in middle school but those old Fantasy Games Unlimited rules were... well, they were not written for clarity or playability. I still have soft spots for Villains and Vigilantes and Space Opera but I'm way past multiplying by fractions I got from four different charts against a multiple of my body weight to calculate my hit points.

@KymmieL dear, I am QUEEN of the geeks.

Hugs!

Oh this isn't my first 5e game, I do like most of the changes they made with the system.

OMG. I CAN'T believe there are other people that know about Aftermath! here! I discovered it later, never did get a chance to play it. I bought the PDF of it a while back.

I’ve been invited to a baby shower for one of my co-workers. Guess I’m more accepted as one of the girls than I thought.  Excited and a little scared. 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, AwesomeClaire said:

Oh this isn't my first 5e game, I do like most of the changes they made with the system.

OMG. I CAN'T believe there are other people that know about Aftermath! here! I discovered it later, never did get a chance to play it. I bought the PDF of it a while back.

Personally, I have an abusive relationship with D&D. I do not like the system. It does not play nice with my sensibilities or GM style. However, I own EVERY SINGLE EDITION because it keeps saying, "Oh baby, I've changed," and I keep believing it. Also it's all anybody wants to play, so I'm stuck.

I'll happily play it with friends, but I hate running it. I've been running the current game more-or-less weekly for over a year.

As for people who know about Aftermath... oh sweetie. I am SURROUNDED by game books over here. I love trying new systems. My shelves are choked with books and my E:/ drive is festooned with game-related .pdf files. During my unhappy denial years, I tried to fill the void in my soul with epic piles of RPG games (also some war games and board games). The result is an avalanche of RPG products. Most of which have only been played a couple of times. Some not at all (looking at YOU 7th Sea). I seriously have more stock than my friendly local game store.

Hugs!

17 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

It's really is hard. I was afraid I gonna make a mistake and accidentally out myself. That's when I went full-time.

I haven't played D&D since AD&D 2nd edition came out. Had a lot of good times.

I'm kinda glad I just went coming out 1 day to FT by the end of the week. It stressed me out so much that week switching back and forth.

I think I stopped after Monster manual #2 came out circa 1983 or so. lol. Spent WAY to much time in the basement with friends during summers and weekends. haha

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Personally, I have an abusive relationship with D&D. I do not like the system. It does not play nice with my sensibilities or GM style. However, I own EVERY SINGLE EDITION because it keeps saying, "Oh baby, I've changed," and I keep believing it. Also it's all anybody wants to play, so I'm stuck.

I'll happily play it with friends, but I hate running it. I've been running the current game more-or-less weekly for over a year.

As for people who know about Aftermath... oh sweetie. I am SURROUNDED by game books over here. I love trying new systems. My shelves are choked with books and my E:/ drive is festooned with game-related .pdf files. During my unhappy denial years, I tried to fill the void in my soul with epic piles of RPG games (also some war games and board games). The result is an avalanche of RPG products. Most of which have only been played a couple of times. Some not at all (looking at YOU 7th Sea). I seriously have more stock than my friendly local game store.

Hugs!

Ok you d and d aficionados. I have never played but sounds interesting. I used to play the original adventure, colossal cave, on DOS a long time ago. You had to type in the directions. N for north, U for down. GET for pickup a nearby object. Etc.

My contribution to the discussion is to supply the dice for your game. I found a six sided rock!

F16307BF-481C-4813-AB72-8624A1780829.jpeg

116C14EA-5CBD-4075-9306-EFC56C6C1CFE.jpeg

6483409A-08BE-4000-B672-4B3B1542A416.jpeg

F3B35BBC-C222-4D55-9060-FD2E82239201.jpeg

I used to play d&d when I was younger.  Had a hard time getting into it as my fellow players did not like me trying to play female roles.   When the group got older they started with larping Masquerade.  I gave that a go for a bit this time just making a flamboyant character.  Also did not end well.  I just quit all rpg games. This contributed to me going deep into the closet.  

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I’ve been invited to a baby shower for one of my co-workers. Guess I’m more accepted as one of the girls than I thought.  Excited and a little scared. 

Sometimes others see what you can't see yourself. Congratulations Liz.

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, 2beBreanna said:

I used to play d&d when I was younger.  Had a hard time getting into it as my fellow players did not like me trying to play female roles.   When the group got older they started with larping Masquerade.  I gave that a go for a bit this time just making a flamboyant character.  Also did not end well.  I just quit all rpg games. This contributed to me going deep into the closet.  

I could see that. In later life, I've met wonderful accepting gamers. My original core group was pretty progressive (for the 80s) too. Teenagers though... teenage gamers can REALLY suck. The combination of "awkward" and "desperate to fit in" can go toxic really, really fast.

You're about forty years too late for that first group of mine back in middle school, but we would have accepted you. Then again, two of us turned out to be trans. One more wouldn't have made much of a difference. ?

@AgnesBardsie, I think I OWN that die. In the early sets the dice that came with the game weren't always what you would call "true." One that big might be hard to roll, but I totally appreciate the large, easy-to-read faces as I get older and my vision gets worse.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Ok you d and d aficionados. I have never played but sounds interesting. I used to play the original adventure, colossal cave, on DOS a long time ago. You had to type in the directions. N for north, U for down. GET for pickup a nearby object. Etc.

My contribution to the discussion is to supply the dice for your game. I found a six sided rock!

F16307BF-481C-4813-AB72-8624A1780829.jpeg

116C14EA-5CBD-4075-9306-EFC56C6C1CFE.jpeg

6483409A-08BE-4000-B672-4B3B1542A416.jpeg

F3B35BBC-C222-4D55-9060-FD2E82239201.jpeg

This is a hit die.  This is used by GMs to hit players if they keep being obnoxious.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KimmieElise said:

This is a hit die.  This is used by GMs to hit players if they keep being obnoxious.

They make plushie dice for that now. Cleanup is MUCH easier.

Plushie d20

Though I do have a couple of metal sets of polys. One of them is a "what were you thinking?" sort of design. I swear the METAL mind you d4s have barbs. There are actual indentations in the, and I can't stress this enough, steel d4, to hold the die in place after it punctures your bare foot.

Though the first metal set I bought, my players nicknamed "the skull denters." They're surprisingly dense for their size.

Hugs!

I think I OWN that die. In the early sets the dice that came with the game weren't always what you would call "true." One that big might be hard to roll, but I totally appreciate the large, easy-to-read faces as I get older and my vision gets worse.

It’s not that big. Less than an inch per side. I didn’t know what else to do with it!

I could see that. In later life, I've met wonderful accepting gamers. My original core group was pretty progressive (for the 80s) too. Teenagers though... teenage gamers can REALLY suck. The combination of "awkward" and "desperate to fit in" can go toxic really, really fast.

The funny thing about the group I played with the most, it's been long suspected the DM might be somewhere on the lgbtq+ spectrum.  Nothing ever came of that as of yet.  I started playing about 90 and ended attempting by 96ish. 

You are soo right about trying to fit in being toxic. I made so many choices based off trying to fit in, and I did a decent job.  Now it will be hard to step back and not do all the "mannly" tasks for family.

1 hour ago, KimmieElise said:

It would leave an impressythats for sure!

1 hour ago, AgnesBardsie said:

It’s not that big. Less than an inch per side. I didn’t know what else to do with it!

A different supportive word on each side would be a cute idea for it.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Excited and a little scared. 

That's great Liz,

You're totally in the girl clique now. Playing the Baby Shower Games and all.

Have fun,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

This is so nice Elizabeth.  Mike is right, we tend to see changes in ourselves last.  Pick out a nice gift and be yourself! 

and I can't stress this enough, steel d4, to hold the die in place after it punctures your bare foot.

Makes me shudder just thinking about how many times I stepped on one of those. Actually worse than legos. 

Well, breast forms arrived today and I have an appointment to get my ears pierced. 

as far as it being a fair die, I tossed it a 100 times and got these results 

1 - 12

2 - 23

3 - 22

4 - 36

5 - 4

6 - 3

could be useful for generating rare events

250ED5F1-1853-4F6E-A36A-BE5D264C592E.jpeg

7 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Awesome!

4 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

Well, breast forms arrived today and I have an appointment to get my ears pierced. 

as far as it being a fair die, I tossed it a 100 times and got these results 

1 - 12

2 - 23

3 - 22

4 - 36

5 - 4

6 - 3

could be useful for generating rare events

250ED5F1-1853-4F6E-A36A-BE5D264C592E.jpeg

Wow, nice. Perfect fit.