• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Margo said:

Good morning, just finished my first cup and headed downstairs to make the second.  Enjoying one of my few days off and look forward to a day of relaxation.   My first post on this thread.   I'm trying to do better in interacting with others instead of hiding who I am and sharing a cup of morning java seems to be a good start.  I wish all a great day.

Margo

Welcome aboard! You're in the right place.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Morning coffee on deck...Brunch-Broccoli and cheese omelet-..Dinner-Grilled Steaks..It is a BEAUTIFUL day in the Midwest..

10 hours ago, AmberM said:

So yesterday was pretty successful, I went and got my first dose of my COVID Vaccine and so far, I haven’t mutated (I was hoping for mystique’s powers though ☹).

I got my second shot yesterday. Pfizer. Zero side effects. Strange thing though every time I pass the microwave it beeps at me. Not sure what that’s all about!

16 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Here's what I've been working on. I designed the sea-foam and copper colored pieces from the ground up. As I suspected I had to make a couple changes but everything fits like I wanted, even the reverse mounted gearbox. Due to the short wheelbase it'll do wheelies from a dead stop so the mid-motor design should help keep the front wheels down. Just loaded what I hope is the final draft version into my printer. I hope all goes well. One small hiccup can ruin the whole thing. Due to the fill density it'll take about 20 hours to print out and I still have one more part to design. This is what I do with my time.

IMG_4814.jpeg

IMG_4815.jpeg

What an amazing hobby! What kind of 3D printer do you have? Sounds like it could be expensive?

• Forum Moderator

Margo, welcome to our little coffee room. pull up a chair. I started this thread for one reason. To have a place were anyone of us can just post. Just about anything I have seen car talk, Covid shots, what happened on the way home from work, to what is happening today or next week. This is the social threat.

Kymmie

Spent the day at my son's place.   2 of my daughters joined us with their kids.  Burgers, tater salad etc.   Nice weather, grandkids, an excellent day.

**puts down the cup of coffee**

Good Morning all, hope everyone had at least a decent weekend.

Yesterday went well with seeing my dad and stepmom. They were supportive and affirming by using the correct and names with minimal slip-ups, which seemed more force of habit than anything else. I shared with them the news about having a meeting with HR this week, which they took pretty well. They are seeing how I am seeming happier and doing better now that I am being Amber. They do have concerns as any parent would about how the rest of the world is going to take it, which I know is normal. Like getting out of the car, one of the neighbors almost saw me, and I didn’t really want to deal with it because they knew me and {deadname}, and I didn’t want to have to deal with the awkwardness that could have ensued.

**sips coffee**

I am looking forward to this week’s meeting with HR, yet at the same time, I am scared for this meeting with HR. This is make or break it feels like, but I know this is the right course of action because 1.) I need to transition to keep being happy; and 2.) going through HR first makes the most sense. I might spawn a whole thread on this subject at some point.

**sips coffee**

I hope everybody has a manageable Monday, and a good week ahead of them.

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

Easter service outdoors was a bit chilly but we sat in the sun and had blankets.  

I have some touch up to to in my bathroom and it’s done. Finally!  New shower, spa tub, floor tile,  some wall tile and associated new plumbing.  

next project is I have to rebuild our closet.  I hate those wire shelves everyone uses.  Eventually they always fail. Ours did!  Now I have to remove the rest, patch the holes and build new wooden shelves and rods.  And while I’m at it, paint.  I guess a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

time for a freshen up on the coffee then start my day.

Willow

@Linda MarieVery nice. I used to play all the time now maybe once or twice a year. 
@Elizabeth StarNice work.

Good morning all. I hope your Easter went good. I just worked at my shop. When I’m not flying I restore vintage aircraft. image.thumb.jpeg.baceb321a50cb2af9ce7671304a55e88.jpeg

I bury myself in my work so not to go nuts dealing with all this stuff in my brain. I am really not together. I’m not implying I’m ready to commit suicide so don’t think that but I’m just having a hard time right now.

1 hour ago, Tasha Marie said:

I bury myself in my work so not to go nuts dealing with all this stuff in my brain. I am really not together. I’m not implying I’m ready to commit suicide so don’t think that but I’m just having a hard time right now.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have a therapist to work with?  

Tell me about that plane: it looks like something from the 60s but I can't place it. Piper cub?  I'm not an expert but I am basing that on the gauges, they look identical to in style to my Huey I crewed in the army.  I really want to learn to fly. I'm thinking maybe after my transition surgeries I can afford it.  

@Bri2020Hi Bri. It is a 1943 Aeronca L3-B It was used as a liaison training aircraft in the US Army and I’m slowly restoring it back to the way it left the factory to be delivered to the army. Some of the instruments yes are newer as I find the original ones I will replace those even if it’s flying at that point when I find one I’ll pull it and put the original type back in.

I had a therapist a couple years agoI really liked her but some things changed in my life and I stopped seeing her.I have Thought about getting back with her but with Covid and all this garbage I put it on the backside for the moment 

I am a flight instructor also. ?. I also served 6 years in the Air Force as a crew chief.

Hi kids, I thought I'd share this video, no guitars, just poetry.

I really hope you all get a chuckle.

Love,

LM♥️

I know it’s a bit late, but having some afternoon coffee.  Hope all have a good day.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Margo said:

I know it’s a bit late, but having some afternoon coffee.  Hope all have a good day.

Hey there Margo,

It's always coffee:coffee: time somewhere. The Sun never sets on the Coffee Bean, it's a global product these days.

Welcome to TransPulseForums,

Mindy???

It's afternoon, but I'm just getting online.  I drank some of my leftover coffee from yesterday. It's how I roll, don't judge.  Waste not want not as they say.  Black with 3 shots of espresso.  We gotta be like this now that I can't have sugar anymore for quite some time.  I've been finding out bad news after bad news and it's really wearing me down.  I'm pre-diabetic now. So yeah, no more energy drinks for me! 

Life is hitting, and I keep rising to the challenge, only thing is I put it off so long... that now that I'm facing life head-on... there's not much gap between this challenge and the next.  Anyways, I'm still fighting. = D

Recently, I can't remember who posted it on my Facebook wall somewhere, but someone had been saying something and it seemed like a good trend for right now.  Very true to me anyway.  I've always been pushing myself further than I really should. It was necessary most of the time, as someone who is neurodivergent , I had to find a way to make life make sense on my own.

No one ever really says why we do things, just that we should.  As a kid, I never was able to relinquish that question of "why" and I kept on fighting to explain so many things in life.  This all seems really a lot for just a post in a good morning thread, but I'm rolling. 

So anyway... I have been trying to find a job, or apply, and nothing really made sense to me in the past about job applications or professionalism and what people say regarding it.  I finally have determined a few things (THE HARD WAY).  When you are trying to sell your 'self', it's your professional self, and not necessarily who you are.  However, while selling yourself professionally, you do have to use 'who you are' as a base line for that 'presence' factor.  Basically, the more you stick true to who you are without wavering or possessing any fear... the more likely people are going to be impressed by you.  Bravery isn't what we do it is how we EXIST!! 

This post seems long enough, and I feel like I was able to really get to a catharsis on a few different wavelengths. 

Hopefully this is interesting...!  Hope everyone's day is real good ! ! ! 

So it happened. Someone I work close with got COVID. Now I’m waiting to get tested. Just figures I have plans to turn in my petition for my name change tomorrow. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So it happened. Someone I work close with got COVID. Now I’m waiting to get tested. Just figures I have plans to turn in my petition for my name change tomorrow. 

I've generally gotten both my results back before morning (I usually get the fast test and the slow test at the same time). Deep breath and relax. Odds are good that if you both were following protocols you're fine.

Hugs!

My test came back negative but I was advised by my doctor to get it again in 3 days. I’m feeling a lot better. 

Hi kids, me again. Just thought I would bring something to the coffee shop this afternoon.

I do a better version on the electric, but the acoustic is better suited for coffee shops.

Love,

LM♥️

Sorry to interrupt, I had planned to post this tomorrow but I got the big C (cancer) test tomorrow and not sure how the results will affect my thinking. Could be good, could be bad, no matter, I'm ready for it. 

I do how ever hope some enjoy these little posts.

Love,

LM♥️

• Forum Moderator

I know what you mean.  I had a polyp removed from my larynx three 4years ago.  I thought nothing of it.  Then I went back to see my doctor for the follow up.  First and last words I heard were it was cancerous.  Good thing my wife was with me.  I was in shock.  Something about that word in a doctor’s office.  I am now 4 years post radiation and going for my annual follow up on the 14th.

the weather is supposed to be really nice all week.  Highs in the 70s, sunny ?.  Guess we need to pick a day and go to the beach.  I also need to do some work on my boat and I want to take it out.  

I hope everyone has a great day.

Willow