• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, AmberM said:

Just thought I would share something positive this afternoon.

That's great Amber,

Have a great weekend,

Mindy???

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, AmberM said:

I can't believe how blessed I have been for all the people who have showed up so far. Just thought I would share something positive this afternoon.

Woot Woot!  Congrats and ride that wave!

• Forum Moderator

Hi,  thanks for all the good wishes.  I had been concerned because of the worsening of my voice.  My next appointment involves a speech therapist and the potential Botox in my throat by the ENT.  Her specialty is working with singers.  

Good morning everyone,

Recently I decided to stop hiding in my corner of social media and start posting more about myself on my FB. Aside from being more inspirational and trying to spread around some positive energy I've been doing an outfit of the day. Pretty much the same thing I'm doing on what are you wearing today thread. The importance for me in doing this is I had always hid myself in a forgotten corner only occasionally showing my face "guns a blazin' " then back in my corner. Now I just want to be, to exist in the world. Thus showing the real unfiltered, this what I really look like, me. Now I believe it's cause a bit of a ripple effect.

My wife has stated she has a big problem seeing me in a skirt but on Thursday I wore one and posted a photo on FB. That evening when I got home she was in the kitchen. There's no way I can get to the guest room to change without walking past her to change. I just walked in, kissed her hello and went to change. Nothing has been said about my outfit or posting a pic of it. Yesterday (due to redundancy I didn't show it in the tread) I wore Dark blue flare jeans and a teal-ish long sleeve top and you can easily see all my curves. Much to my surprise before the night was over she gave the pic a "like". A small gesture yes, but acknowledgment none the less. She hadn't done that with any of the others or much of anything I post and I felt she was feeling some sort of shame/embarrassment towards me. My reasoning is that since I stopped hiding and that it was well received with lots of likes and love from other people.

My wife's acceptance appears to have gone up a notch or two and she's starting to embrace who I am but there are still some un-warranted fears. Like I might go hetero. "Boys..eww, Gr--oss".

Also, on the social media thing. My wife expressed concerns about some of my FB friends. "Do I have to worry about this guy that always loves your posts? I think he has a thing for you". "Umm, no,......her name is Coral.....she's trans..."  "?" "She's not out because of her job"  "Oh, ok." 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I’ve had my coffee, played my usual games checked Facebook and posted.  

@Elizabeth Star I shutdown my original Facebook page when I was first coming out but didn’t want my friends to know or see something accidentally.  Then I created a new page and started cautiously adding to it.  Originally I did that because of groups on Facebook.  Now I’ve started adding those same friends and they have all been supportive.

my wife rarely gives me a like, but she is becoming more accepting.  She asked me if I liked men once, emphatically I said absolutely not.  Honestly I’m not interested in other women except to see what they are wearing and wishing I could look as good as this one or that.

Willow

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning everyone,

Recently I decided to stop hiding in my corner of social media and start posting more about myself on my FB. Aside from being more inspirational and trying to spread around some positive energy I've been doing an outfit of the day. Pretty much the same thing I'm doing on what are you wearing today thread. The importance for me in doing this is I had always hid myself in a forgotten corner only occasionally showing my face "guns a blazin' " then back in my corner. Now I just want to be, to exist in the world. Thus showing the real unfiltered, this what I really look like, me. Now I believe it's cause a bit of a ripple effect.

My wife has stated she has a big problem seeing me in a skirt but on Thursday I wore one and posted a photo on FB. That evening when I got home she was in the kitchen. There's no way I can get to the guest room to change without walking past her to change. I just walked in, kissed her hello and went to change. Nothing has been said about my outfit or posting a pic of it. Yesterday (due to redundancy I didn't show it in the tread) I wore Dark blue flare jeans and a teal-ish long sleeve top and you can easily see all my curves. Much to my surprise before the night was over she gave the pic a "like". A small gesture yes, but acknowledgment none the less. She hadn't done that with any of the others or much of anything I post and I felt she was feeling some sort of shame/embarrassment towards me. My reasoning is that since I stopped hiding and that it was well received with lots of likes and love from other people.

My wife's acceptance appears to have gone up a notch or two and she's starting to embrace who I am but there are still some un-warranted fears. Like I might go hetero. "Boys..eww, Gr--oss".

Also, on the social media thing. My wife expressed concerns about some of my FB friends. "Do I have to worry about this guy that always loves your posts? I think he has a thing for you". "Umm, no,......her name is Coral.....she's trans..."  "?" "She's not out because of her job"  "Oh, ok." 

This is a huge leap Liz, I'm proud of you!.  I think that the more we put ourselves out there unapologetically the easier our life gets.  People in our lives may be "worried about how we will be treated/received" but sometimes that's cover for "how will I be treated".  Once they see we aren't going to hide in a corner and that the world around us doesn't fall apart, those fears can be reduced.  This is especially true on social media.  It's really hard for haters to come out against you if they are seeing a lot of love and support thrown your way.  I think it also makes people look at their own internalized transphobia and maybe acknowledge they have some work to do.  The more we normalizes ourselves and our lives in public view, the easier it will be for those who follow.  Personally I feel a sense of obligation to do all I can to help those who haven't come out yet since the work of all those brave people before me made my journey easier. YOU GO GIRL!

Totally non trans topic but IT'S MOREL SEASON!!!!!   I will now be spending 6 hours a day in the woods for the next 2-3 weeks hunting mushrooms.  And the timing is great because I have a new employee all trained up to take some of my receptionist shifts so I can spend the time to "The Hunt"

E3982299-E19D-4E61-8972-F07EFA6CB0CB.jpeg

@Elizabeth Star I've also been back on FB for a week now. No negatives yet, just people asking where I went? Your wife maybe starting to come round. I've found with mine, that the more people that know. The more confident, open and supportive she is. Sometimes we haven't had a good day. She struggles. I get it. But often now, she will come home with a small gift for me to make a mends. Something feminine and lovely. Its all progress xx

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

That is awesome your wife's acceptance has gone up a notch. I can appreciate the fear your wife has, as it is the same fear mine does as well, and I have the same response. I have no interest in men, even after starting HRT. All we can do is continue to do our thing and reassure them that we don't want to change who we are with.

Nothing going on here at home, just the diner date. Wife and I are invited by her brother

and his wife. Now my brother in law and his wife know about me and have partied with me as Linda,

but now they are bringing their daughters to meet Linda.

Gosh what do I wear??

LM♥️

Today33C.jpg

3 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Nothing going on here at home, just the diner date. Wife and I are invited by her brother

and his wife. Now my brother in law and his wife know about me and have partied with me as Linda,

but now they are bringing their daughters to meet Linda.

Gosh what do I wear??

LM♥️

Today33C.jpg

That's a tough decision since you have show so many fabulous options.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Like I might go hetero. "Boys..eww, Gr--oss".

I agree. Boys are totally I guess I can be called transbian.

10 hours ago, Willow said:

Honestly I’m not interested in other women except to see what they are wearing and wishing I could look as good as this one or that.

Willow

This is totally me. It used to be if I saw a beautiful lady I would want to be with her. now it is I want to be her. look like her. have a body like hers. LOL.

Hugs, Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

It used to be if I saw a beautiful lady I would want to be with her. now it is I want to be her.

This

16 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

16 hours ago, Willow said:

She asked me if I liked men once, emphatically I said absolutely not.  Honestly I’m not interested in other women except to see what they are wearing and wishing I could look as good as this one or that.

15 hours ago, AmberM said:

I can appreciate the fear your wife has, as it is the same fear mine does as well, and I have the same response. I have no interest in men, even after starting HRT. All we can do is continue to do our thing and reassure them that we don't want to change who we are with.

My wife got emotional about something I said two days ago and I couldn't figure out why. It was the same with my wife. I am having surgery in 11 days and she is getting scared my interests will change. NOT going to happen!

Hugs,

Mike

11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

. . I saw a beautiful lady I would want to be with her. now it is I want to be her. look like her. have a body like hers. LOL.

Attraction has always been, and still is, a very confusing thing for me! I have always enjoyed being close to girls, younger ones mostly, who are also attracted toward me but have found I never wanted "sex" with them . . much to their frustration?

Met another on the job this week! I was making a delivery to her parents house, 15 yards topsoil for a beautiful 20 acre estate, and she was very friendly and chatty yet complaining how she could never afford such "luxuries & expensive toys". Then (don't know why) she told me how old she was - 29 - and I could only sympathize & agree. 

Later that day I asked my 22 year-old daughter if she'd be upset if I dated someone close to her age and she only laughed and said "daddy it would only make me proud" - which subsequently led to questions 'bout my "orientation" and whether I was "bi" or not, "did I like both boys & girls?" - to which, I replied, "yes & no".  Yes in the sense "that's true" and No in the sense of "not same gender" am strictly hetero instead.

Well, complete confusion ensued! When one mixes in the "trans stuff" am binary told her "bi-gender" would be more accurate  . . . if "with a girl" then prefer "as a boy" otherwise this girl likes boys (was hoping she could "understand/relate"?)

I suspect as far as envy goes, wanting "to be like" another,  is pretty "standard" among cis girls as well but *sigh* the bottom-line "reality", for us, is winding up totally "celibate" instead? My daughter has not seen me with ANYBODY for as long as she's been born!

Good morning everybody. I hope you had a good Saturday yesterday.

So the big thing I did yesterday was I scheduled the first vacation just the wife and I to go to Seattle this Summer! I am kind of in awe that I could pull it off, but I think it will be a nice little escape and I get to see a whole different part of the country and experience a different city. I am really excited for it.

I think today is going to a rough day because I don't have anything going on and it is going to be mostly by myself for a majority of the day. Not sure what I am going to do yet, which is kind of hard for me.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

G'morning.

I want to say I was productive yesterday but it was mostly shopping. Returned a shirt I bought last weekend. Then to Homed Depot to exchange some wood stain (for a different color) to Target to buy a new, smaller purse with the returned-shirt money and two stops for groceries.

I did get some stares but it was probably from the super short top I was wearing. It felt liberating but wow, it was barely enough to cover my bra and since I was wearing 3 inch heels, everyone could hear me coming. I set aside my fears and just owned it.

My new purse is substantially smaller and I need to rethink what I have with me. I've moved my meds and vitamins to the medicine cabinet, left out the lock pick set, ditched all the random paperwork but still not enough room. It doesn't help that I have a work phone on me 24/7. When they offered to get an 11 pro max I should have considered how big it is. Anyways, I always have 2 phones on me. My wallet is suspect, it's small but bulky. My makeup bag is a bigger issue. As it is, I had to wedge it in. My feelings are that I should just carry an emergency supply of makeup instead of everything. Still working on what that is.

In my research of thing I remember an article that said you should always carry at least one item for shark week even if your trans because you never know when someone might ask. I'm guessing would be pretty confirming of your gender if your in a ladies room and some random woman asks if you can spare a pad.

Moving on.

I spent rest of the day burning brush piles. I noticed how much the smell of smoke sticks to everything. I know it's just on the clothes I wore but now it seems like it's stuck to everything and closet smells like a camp-out. Domesticated chores and more yard work planned for today.

First things first: Liz, I'm thrilled for you that your wife is becoming more accepting.  That's very good news indeed.

My weekend ended up getting turned around because of the unexpected weather.  Yesterday, my wife and I were planning a bike ride and today was going to be Sally's day.  But yesterday, the rain hung on and the temperature stayed in the low forties.  It was supposed to be partly cloudy with temps near 60.  So, we switched things up and yesterday became Sally's day and today we will go bike riding.  

By the time I was ready to go out it was 4 PM, so we decided to eat an early supper and do our errands afterwards.  It was a trip to Macy's to shop for a new top and then over to the bookstore.  It was a particularly fun evening because my wife decided she wanted to accompany me.  It was so much fun having her along.  We ended the outing by stopping by Starbucks for hot chocolate.

• Forum Moderator

Sunday morning.  Espresso.  Yeah! :)

Yesterday, I was working on a deck extension so that our indoor cats will have a "catio" to play in.  I was drilling a bolt hole and leaning hard into the drill when my foot slipped.  I did a face-plant into a board, catching it on my upper lip.  It barely broke the skin - it is more of a bruise than a cut - and it doesn't hurt too badly.  So no big deal except that it'll look ugly for a while.  Hooray for face masks! ?

3 hours ago, AmberM said:

Good morning everybody. I hope you had a good Saturday yesterday.

So the big thing I did yesterday was I scheduled the first vacation just the wife and I to go to Seattle this Summer! I am kind of in awe that I could pull it off, but I think it will be a nice little escape and I get to see a whole different part of the country and experience a different city. I am really excited for it.

I think today is going to a rough day because I don't have anything going on and it is going to be mostly by myself for a majority of the day. Not sure what I am going to do yet, which is kind of hard for me.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Hi AmberM.

Enjoy your trip. I love Seattle. The mountains and the ocean (or Puget Sound) are right there. Ferry rides are great and hiking, of course. Space Needle for lunch, if you don't mind the scary elevator ride.

I hope to travel there in the Fall or Winter.

bon voyage,

Davie

On 4/17/2021 at 7:57 AM, Willow said:

She asked me if I liked men once, emphatically I said absolutely not.

My ex was kinda jealous (?) possessive (?).  She accused me of having affairs on occasion (I never did) and even with guys.  Apparently, a few gay guys had tried to hit on me, but I've always been pretty clueless when it comes to those things.  To be honest, I did experiment once (before I knew her) and was not impressed with it.

Looking back, I was probably never not trans - even though I would never had admitted it to myself.  I sometimes wonder if I was giving off fem vibes that were interpreted in that manner, if that make any sense.  It gets even more complicated, but I'll not get into that now.

Anyhow, I recently had a guy try to pick me up at the grocery store.  (I present fem 24/7)  It pretty much shocked me since I'm old and ugly.  He was kinda persistent, but I'm not stupid.  But later, and still, I think about it, and wonder what if?   Probably TMI.

Sunday morning long run ?‍♀️.  10 miles, prepping for race, 4 weeks out.  Gonna take it easy the rest of the day.  I think I earned some Starbucks 

Screenshot_20210418-100350_MapMyRun.jpg

• Forum Moderator

@Jandi According to my therapist, you were always Trans, you just didn't realize.  He said that about me when he diagnosed me.  He had asked me numerous questions about my life from young to current before he said that.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Willow said:

@Jandi According to my therapist, you were always Trans, you just didn't realize.  He said that about me when he diagnosed me.  He had asked me numerous questions about my life from young to current before he said that.

Willow

This. Also back in the day we didn't really have the language to express what was going on. I mean, everybody wants to be a girl right? Have you SEEN girls? Without cultural awareness to nudge us along, we're just unhappy people who don't really know why.

Hugs!