• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

On 4/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, Jandi said:

My ex was kinda jealous (?) possessive (?).  She accused me of having affairs on occasion (I never did) and even with guys.  Apparently, a few gay guys had tried to hit on me, but I've always been pretty clueless when it comes to those things.  To be honest, I did experiment once (before I knew her) and was not impressed with it.

Looking back, I was probably never not trans - even though I would never had admitted it to myself.  I sometimes wonder if I was giving off fem vibes that were interpreted in that manner, if that make any sense.  It gets even more complicated, but I'll not get into that now.

Anyhow, I recently had a guy try to pick me up at the grocery store.  (I present fem 24/7)  It pretty much shocked me since I'm old and ugly.  He was kinda persistent, but I'm not stupid.  But later, and still, I think about it, and wonder what if?   Probably TMI.

Jandi, This is my life in a nut shell. I'm several years behind you, but this is exactly how I have come to see myself. @Jani is correct in pointing out that most of us are not girls, but women, and in my case an older woman. My Suzie is still coming around slowly to the fact that I'm transgender and we can openly talk about how this affects our relationship, and our different feelings. This June 26th, we will be married for 45 years, now she understands that my many girl friends, were just that GIRL friends. Nothing More. I'm not looking to be with anyone but my Suzie, and have to always remind her of that. It's human nature to want to be desired, in my opinion. Relationships die or fail when the people in them stop pursuing each other. It's the hunt, not the kill. It's about the fishing not just the landing of a trophy mount. My joy in gardening is the gardening, not just the harvest or cut flowers.

Good morning everyone, the coffee:coffee: was HOT, black, strong, and never bitter.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🌈🦋

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KymmieL

• Willow

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bri2020
7 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Four years ago today, I told the world who I am, both in person and on Facebook.  It has been the best four years of my life.  The freedom not to hide who I am removed most of the stress from my life.

Happy Coming out anniversary!!!!!. Today is my 9 months!

Nice day everyone. Looks like we hit a couple of hot button.

I am 72 years old.  I’ve been married to the same woman for 49 years this month.  Apparently I am a woman.  I have been all my life, in spite of fighting it and feeling it was wrong.  After all, I’m a man.  Right? Wrong! When I was young, I wished I as a girl.  That was a true statement yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Like almost all girls I have grown into a woman.  But I still wish I had been a girl.  To experience all those things I wish I could have experienced growing into the woman I have become.

@KymmieL your oldest may want to talk to you, but with all of his words of not understanding and not wanting you around as Kymmie, it’s going to be a whole lot harder for him to initiate such a call.  Maybe it would be better if you stopped waiting and initiate a call to him.  A friendly every day type of call and see where it goes.  It may take more than one.  But it has to start somewhere and as the parent, I’m thinking you just got elected.

Everyone enjoy your day.

Willow

Tasha Marie

Hello all just checking in.I hope all is good.

KymmieL

@Willow are suggesting that I be  an adult.  I don't wanna be a dult.  LOL.  I do agree with you.  I should just call. 

Well good  new for my weekend.  My youngest is working days. So, its Kymmie time again.  Hopefully I will be able to get to my VA appointments. I will be going as Kymmie yeah.  Hope the stupid white crap stays away. 

Hugs, Kymmie 

Confused1

Kymme,

I have to agree with Willow. Remember the neighbor on "Home Alone? As hard as it is, we have to be the ones that educate.

My daughters seemed good when I first came out to them, but then backed away. I had to initiate the conversation with one of them which caused the other one to come to me for much needed conversation/reconciliation.

Hugs,

Mike

Jamie68
23 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Four years ago today, I told the world who I am, both in person and on Facebook.  It has been the best four years of my life.  The freedom not to hide who I am removed most of the stress from my life.

That's awesome! It's always good to hear of someone elses success.

Jamie68
17 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Happy Coming out anniversary!!!!!. Today is my 9 months!

That's great! 

HaraSurya

I doubt I'll post here again, but thank you for this forum existing.

I've gone back to my masculine, bearded look but for having had the bit of crisis I did and having talked to people here and read the books I have I feel I've accepted the transgender community far, far more than I did before. (And I was staunchly supportive, in theory, before.)

I still present as female online in many places using 3D imagery and recently dreamed I were a woman, but I don't necessarily feel it's so much a part of my personality that I would consider myself transgender. Or, at least, to the context this forum would draw. I can't say I have a desire to dress as a woman nor to present that way in real life.

Having said that, having posted here and gotten to know the community I feel that I've come to accept transgendered people and their struggle far, far more than I had before. I wish you all well.

Jamie68

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day. I'm going to get personal today. I'm planning to get a vaginoplasty in the future. I have my first appointment with the surgeon at the end of July. There's an apx. 2 year waiting list, so I got registered now. I'm 68 yrs old and married for 50 yrs. My wife is in poor health. She would never have sex with me as a woman. Because of her health we haven't had intercourse for 15 yrs. I was wanting to get a penile inversion. I want to have sex as a woman does before I die. This would never happen unless my wife passes before me. I don't even like thinking about that. I love her very much. In reality though, I will probably outlive her. Any thoughts on the subject? Am I totally out of my mind? Do people even have sex at 70? Is at worth all the work to have and maintain a functional vagina?

Jamie68
1 hour ago, HaraSurya said:

I doubt I'll post here again, but thank you for this forum existing.

I've gone back to my masculine, bearded look but for having had the bit of crisis I did and having talked to people here and read the books I have I feel I've accepted the transgender community far, far more than I did before. (And I was staunchly supportive, in theory, before.)

I still present as female online in many places using 3D imagery and recently dreamed I were a woman, but I don't necessarily feel it's so much a part of my personality that I would consider myself transgender. Or, at least, to the context this forum would draw. I can't say I have a desire to dress as a woman nor to present that way in real life.

Having said that, having posted here and gotten to know the community I feel that I've come to accept transgendered people and their struggle far, far more than I had before. I wish you all well.

Sorry to see you go. These are good people here. I'm sure they would welcome you back same as I would.

LaurenA

@Jamie68  I am 71 and I too have been celibate for many years due to my partner's health.  I have no plans for GRS because I have no doubt that I will never have intercourse again.

Jamie68
1 hour ago, LaurenA said:

@Jamie68  I am 71 and I too have been celibate for many years due to my partner's health.  I have no plans for GRS because I have no doubt that I will never have intercourse again.

Thank you for your input. I admit that chances of meeting someone and falling in love again would be remote, but I want to be able if it does happen. 

Bri2020
1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

Thank you for your input. I admit that chances of meeting someone and falling in love again would be remote, but I want to be able if it does happen. 

there are always toys.  My wife isn't sure about what we would do post vaginoplasty, she is figuring out if that's within the scope of her sexuality but like many, sex hasn't been a part of things for awhile due to a bad run of health issues for the two of us for about a 6 years.  We're finally in better health but I have no desire to use my boy parts now and she doesn't want to "get use to that again and then have it taken away.  She mentioned if she wasn't into sex with a girl that there was always adult toys for that.

5 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Do people even have sex at 70?

Well, I hear some do.  

As for myself, I'm 70 and certainly think about it.  Having no partner I sometimes take care of things on my own.  I've been on HRT for more than 2yrs, which has affected things.  It's different, but can be nice.  Unsurprisingly, I think of myself in a female role.

I don't expect to get GCS for financial reasons and my age.  But If I were to find a suitable partner I would make the best of things.

Hope this is not TMI

• Forum Moderator

@HaraSurya While I am sorry to see you go I am happy that you have learned something by being here and have determined the path forward for you.  All my best. 

Jani 

Jamie68
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

there are always toys.  My wife isn't sure about what we would do post vaginoplasty, she is figuring out if that's within the scope of her sexuality but like many, sex hasn't been a part of things for awhile due to a bad run of health issues for the two of us for about a 6 years.  We're finally in better health but I have no desire to use my boy parts now and she doesn't want to "get use to that again and then have it taken away.  She mentioned if she wasn't into sex with a girl that there was always adult toys for that.

Thanks. I'm in good health and plan to be that way for a long time. I have a lot of LIVING left in my life and want to make the most of it. I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

Jamie68
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Well, I hear some do.  

As for myself, I'm 70 and certainly think about it.  Having no partner I sometimes take care of things on my own.  I've been on HRT for more than 2yrs, which has affected things.  It's different, but can be nice.  Unsurprisingly, I think of myself in a female role.

I don't expect to get GCS for financial reasons and my age.  But If I were to find a suitable partner I would make the best of things.

Hope this is not TMI

Thank you. I've been taking matters into my own hands so to speak for a long time now. Now that I've been on herbal and now medical HRT for about 8 months, the desire for that type of sex has gone away and a whole new type of sexual desire has replaced it. 

Good morning everyone.

@Jamie68 I think you need to do what you feel is necessary to make you happy. I know my wife will also have to make adjustments to the idea when I do bottom surgery. It will be a major adjustment for the both of us. Intimacy is an interesting topic I think when we have partners. There are adjustments required on both parts I imagine post bottom surgery.

Jamie68
1 hour ago, AmberM said:

Good morning everyone.

@Jamie68 I think you need to do what you feel is necessary to make you happy. I know my wife will also have to make adjustments to the idea when I do bottom surgery. It will be a major adjustment for the both of us. Intimacy is an interesting topic I think when we have partners. There are adjustments required on both parts I imagine post bottom surgery.

I agree. Thanks 

Linda Marie

Congrats Kathy. You are now 4 years old!!! That is a slang thing in my world for how many years out now.

That makes me 21, gosh I will never forget coming out, never been so scared in my life and yet so relieved. 

LM

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.
12 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Do people even have sex at 70?

I hope so. Also, STD statistics in nursing homes point to yes.

12 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Is at worth all the work to have and maintain a functional vagina?

In my opinion, yes. I rather enjoy the new accessory.

There is certainly a learning curve though. Both for me and my partner. I think I've got a handle on things, but I've always been a quick study.

Hugs!

Jamie68
8 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I hope so. Also, STD statistics in nursing homes point to yes.

In my opinion, yes. I rather enjoy the new accessory.

There is certainly a learning curve though. Both for me and my partner. I think I've got a handle on things, but I've always been a quick study.

Hugs!

Thanks. I appreciate all the input this group gives 

Bri2020

After having a breakdown with my therapist about my care team things seem to be changing.  Among other things, I felt like my endocrinologist only cared about whether E #s were "within therapeutic range" and not interested in whether they were making changes to my body. She hadn't responded to my concerns /inquiry about changing the regimen to get better results.  He made an appointment for me to get a second opinion on the spot and then later that day, low and behold, my endo messaged me a simple message "I ordered you progesterone, you can pick it up at the pharmacy". No discussion or explanation of the change or talk about what it will do, side effects, things to look for or anything.  I think she just got the word I wasn't happy and ordered P to "make me happy".   I'm obviously happy for the change but still not happy with her so I'm going to keep the second opinion appointment and see if I like him better.  So tonight starts my journey with Progesterone.  I hope it kick starts some breast developments/fat redistribution. I would rather not get a BA if I don't have to.  I hear weight gain is common so I have to kick into exercise mode and not eat a whole tub of cookies like last night ;)