• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

No discussion or explanation of the change or talk about what it will do, side effects, things to look for or anything. 

@Bri2020 Aside from probable breast development my doctor spoke of weight gain and depression so be aware of that as well.  Ley your spouse know so she can be watchful for any changes.  (I decided not to take it)  All my best to you. 

Jani

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jani said:

@Bri2020 Aside from probable breast development my doctor spoke of weight gain and depression so be aware of that as well.  Ley your spouse know so she can be watchful for any changes.  (I decided not to take it)  All my best to you. 

Jani

Thanks.  I've done my own research and understand pharmacology so I wasn't worried about taking it but was a bit miffed at her not addressing anything more then "here you go".  She had asked me how I felt 2 weeks ago and I wrote her a lengthy response about my struggles, hopes and need for a partnership with my health care providers to help me achieve my goals. She never responded to any of my concerns, questions etc until I asked for a second opinion and then that's all I get in response.  I'm not convinced she actually cares about TG care but she has to do it since she works for Kaiser.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I'm not convinced she actually cares about TG care but she has to do it since she works for Kaiser.

I think this might be rather common.

Well the topic about a functional vagina vs. why bother..

Well my opinion is why not go all the way? I studied both surgery's.

I have not done either yet, but I still sing the blues...

LM♥️

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

I have not done either yet, but I still sing the blues.

Probably wise. Blues singers should not be performing surgery unless they have the appropriate degrees.

Hey @Bri2020! The one thing that NEEDS to be on the warning label for progesterone is, "This will knock your butt OUT." Best sleep aid I've ever taken, but if I take it and then lay down, I'm going to lose time. For me it's very much a "About an hour before bedtime" drug.

Actual effects vary wildly so I hope it works out for you. It makes me feel more girly and I THINK I've had some breast development, but right now it's more about the way it makes me feel. Love it, but again it hits everybody differently. Good luck!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

for me, I don’t see getting a vaginoplasty of any type.  I am not interested in sex in any form anymore.

talking about progesterone, my endocrinologist gave me that 9 months before giving me estradiol.  Yes I sleep better most nights but not all.  My changes are mostly body hair, not breasts.  My nipple are tender and my shape has shown signs of change but not my size.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

talking about progesterone, my endocrinologist gave me that 9 months before giving me estradiol.

The first clinic I was at gave me progesterone, but not estradiol.   Now the VA gives me the E but no progesterone.  I still have some of the P around, I keep wondering…

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hey @Bri2020! The one thing that NEEDS to be on the warning label for progesterone is, "This will knock your butt OUT." Best sleep aid I've ever taken, but if I take it and then lay down, I'm going to lose time. For me it's very much a "About an hour before bedtime" drug.

Actual effects vary wildly so I hope it works out for you.

Hugs!

Not the primary reason I'm excited about it but I tend to only sleep 6 hours but wake up at least twice during that so I'm hopeful it helps my insomnia.  I will let you know, I'm taking my first dose now and plan to be asleep in an hour so...

• Forum Moderator

Well seems like I may have read my wife wrong. Today at our counseling session. She was saying that she supports me. Wants to say married.  (she's got me trained quite well. LOL) Problem now is smoothing it over with our oldest. I am going to call him today or tomorrow, and just talk. Probably end up both of us crying. But that may be a good thing.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Today at our counseling session. She was saying that she supports me. Wants to say married.

I hope things work out for you

Did the counselor point out that if a spouse is supportive but the other one thinks they aren't that the supportive spouse should figure out how to support the other in a way that is more clear?

Good morning everybody.

@KymmieL That is good news that your wife is going to be supportive. Hopefully she follows through in what she says she will do.

Had a decent day yesterday. My boss scheduled all the meetings for the name change, which is making it more real. I’m coming out and it is both scary and good at the same time. I know I am ready for it. This time next week I may also have made my post on Facebook and updated my name and gender. I kind of want to do it in the morning so that way the rest of the day is just that much easier in ways. Therapy we talked about me living my life unapologetically, and it made a lot of sense, it is just kind of scary. I do have a plan B if Facebook goes awry, and that is to delete my current profile. Then I would start to use my alternate profile that I already created and go from there.

I do hope everybody has a manageable day.

• Forum Moderator
14 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well seems like I may have read my wife wrong.

@KymmieL I'm glad you're feeling better about your wife's support. Conversations room to room are hard to place in context. Face to face conversations, include body and facial responses to help the interpretation. This will also apply to your phone call with your son. I pray that he comes around.

Hugs,

The coffee was HOT, black, and strong.:coffee:

Mindy???

14 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well seems like I may have read my wife wrong. Today at our counseling session. She was saying that she supports me. Wants to say married.  (she's got me trained quite well. LOL) Problem now is smoothing it over with our oldest. I am going to call him today or tomorrow, and just talk. Probably end up both of us crying. But that may be a good thing.

Kymmie

It's a rough ride. One minute I think things are going well, then it turns totally opposite with any mention of any part of the process. Then later come the apologies. I hope it goes well for you.

That's good news Kymmie. Sometimes people don't know HOW to support us even if the desire is there.  It's hard for them to know what to say, who to say it to etc etc.  It becomes easier once EVERYONE knows your status. Then she could openly support you or you can have conversations about how the two of you will present your status to the world in real conversations.  And of course, things will evolve and if you all can talk about the challenges supporting each other when different situations present themselves all the better.

I'm Happy things are progressing for you

So I'm starting to think I'm facing some Transphobia issues:  I've interview a number of people lately for our receptionist job openings and every one seemed excited about the position. However, I've offered the position to 4 people now and the responses were- accepted then ghosted, accepted then withdrew the day of their first shift, and two people who never called back after leaving them messages and emails offering them the position.  I have NEVER experienced this in 15 years of employing people.  This is however, the first time I did interviews presenting female.

AND- I'm offering $15/hr plus some benefits which is unheard of for this position in this area.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

So I'm starting to think I'm facing some Transphobia issues:  I've interview a number of people lately for our receptionist job openings and every one seemed excited about the position. However, I've offered the position to 4 people now and the responses were- accepted then ghosted, accepted then withdrew the day of their first shift, and two people who never called back after leaving them messages and emails offering them the position.  I have NEVER experienced this in 15 years of employing people.  This is however, the first time I did interviews presenting female.

AND- I'm offering $15/hr plus some benefits which is unheard of for this position in this area.

15 per hour translates to 600 per week. After taxes, the take home is usually 500 or so. Unemployment is paying about 600 per week plus bennies (combined with fed covid contributions), etc. Employers are in competition with the Fed/State govt unemployment agencies. The only requirement for people to stay on unemployment and keep living off of the govt is to "try and get a job." So they apply, show up for interviews, etc. but in their mind, they are just checking the box and have no intention of working. So in essence, they are using you and all job offerers for that matter to stay on unemployment. It kinda stinks.

1 hour ago, MelanieTamara said:

15 per hour translates to 600 per week. After taxes, the take home is usually 500 or so. Unemployment is paying about 600 per week plus bennies (combined with fed covid contributions), etc. Employers are in competition with the Fed/State govt unemployment agencies. The only requirement for people to stay on unemployment and keep living off of the govt is to "try and get a job." So they apply, show up for interviews, etc. but in their mind, they are just checking the box and have no intention of working. So in essence, they are using you and all job offerers for that matter to stay on unemployment. It kinda stinks.

Normally I would agree but this is a part time job and all the applicants were looking for exactly the hours we were offering. Two had MAX income restrictions because of disability benefits in fact. 

That is tough Bri, if that is what is happening. I am curious to know what the ghosting rate is for job candidates in general right now. I can only imagine the frustration you have right now with trying to bring on a new employee and keep getting ignored. Hopefully you can find someone who will stick with the job.

• Forum Moderator

Bri, I think Melanie has it closest. People get more on Unemployment. And don't have to work. It is sad. I would love to come work for you. but I think the commute would be a killer. And that transporter thingy is still on back order. Same with the flux capacitor. 

I am going to be Kymmie at work and VA appointments and such but be male at home and with my wife. I may work on her about me starting to be more Kymmie but that will come with time.

Had a good Kymmie time today. Went Female to my speech appointment. Denim skirt, purple sweater, legging and my new boots. A little eye shadow and lipstick. Felt so good being the true me. Walked out of the house, Head held high and proud to be a woman. Same at VA. Even when I stopped at Maverick for a fountain Mt, Dew pitch black. Just walked in like I owned the place. 

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I'm offering $15/hr plus some benefits which is unheard of for this position in this area.

I'd be willing if I lived in SC. That's what I make and being your receptionist sounds much less stressful.

@MelanieTamarais right though. If they can make the same money sitting around on their backsides, some people are going to do that. Of course when unemployment bennies run out...

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@KymmieL Well seems like I may have read my wife wrong. Today at our counseling session. She was saying that she supports me. Wants to say married. I think that’s great.  I’ve been through that phase of things are good some days and not good others.  Now it’s things are good most days but there are still a few that aren’t.

@Bri2020 this reception job, where is it located?  Is it in NVA?  I agree that people are ignoring available work because they make too much on unemployment and they think it will be a pay cut even at $15.  Of course, when they file their taxes and discover unemployment is not tax free, that might make some difference.  Hopefully as more and more jobs go unfilled they will cut that part of unemployment or go back to actually requiring you to find a job or lose the benefits.  Here in SC the rule, just put back in place isn’t that you have to apply for a job, it’s that you have to show you looked and found two jobs that are hiring.  And you have to do this on the state jobs website.  Big deal.  Employers are begging for people to take jobs.

on another note, I’ve moved the engine out of the junk boat to my boat.  I have a lot of other things to remove from the junk boat before I sell the hull to the guy that wants the lead.  Then I have to start the process of installing the new used engine in my boat.  It is a different make and size so it isn’t plug and play.

Willow

Sorry to have been MIA for the couple days. I've been doing a lot of thinking and working on myself.

Things have been going pretty good with my outfit of the day posts on my FB. It was intimidating at first but now it seems my friends miss it if I don't post a picture. I believe the lack of negative responses is helping my wife and myself.

At work I found a stash of archived emails with my dead name of them. It took a couple moments to register that it was a name I used to use and not someone else. I have been finding myself in situations, mostly picking up meds, where I refer to myself in the third-person. My insurance and HSA cards both say Elizabeth on them so I see no reason to out myself.

Got my 2nd Moderna shot last night. I feel like I have a bit of a hangover.

Have a great day everyone.?