• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Hello all,

Another weekend and I am still working to fix my wifes kitchen. The walls were crooked and the countertop people say it must be straightened or the counter will not fit right. There is more than an inch of variation between some adjacent studs. so far I ripped open the wall re-insulated and placed some sister studs to even things out but upon putting up new sheet rock I see that i still need to do some shimming to the studs.

I also found a weak place in the sub-floor that i had installed. I found that a 4x8 sheet of plywood has a long crack running through it so I replaced that sheet this past Thursday. Last night I picked up a new blade for my table saw and cut some new shims for today's work. God I hope i can get this done soon but working alone everything takes so long to do.

Of course all of this is after replacing the entire floor joists and all. I also have a torn bicep tendon in my right arm so I have to get creative when lifting plywood or sheet rock.

Stuck in boy mode today so not feeling much like Rachel.... :(

Sorry for the whining post but I needed to get that out of me.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

The walls were crooked and the countertop people say it must be straightened or the counter will not fit right. There is more than an inch of variation between some adjacent studs.

Sounds like my house.

My son has been renovating their 19th century farmhouse - same for him.

Guess you have to look at it as a challenging puzzle.

Have fun

My first house was built in the 1890's.  Every pair of studs was a different distance apart.  It made any sort of remodeling fun.

Good morning all..Lots going on with me this past week. Got OK from my wife to shave off my nasty hair. I am now hair free from chin down. My wife says the mustache has to stay My legs and upper body look and feel so nice now.  Saw my new LBGRQ doctor on Wednesday, She is awseome!! She officially diagnosed me has having Gender Dysphoria. My wife went ballistic with this news. I spent most of the last 2 days crying and just laying in bed. We are talking but I am having doubts that she will ever acknowledge Stefi. Soon I will need to decide if I can put my marriage on the line to be true to my inner self. I will keep all updated as events unfold...

Stefi

I picked up our crazy chicken lady starter kit this morning. We're now the proud mothers of 5 chicks. They are so cute. Only had them home a few hours and already getting my baby-fix. Everyone tells me chickens are easy to raise but I feel I still have a bit to learn. Two of the five are Easter Eggers, they lay blue-ish eggs. We also got a Silver Lace, a Buff, and a Golden Comet.

I had a weird dream a couple weeks ago and it's been stuck in my head. I was in a strange alternate world. There were keys with the numbers 1503 and 1507 on them. I have a need to understand the significance of the world and numbers. I'm trying to recreate the place in Minecraft to get a little more clarity.

That's pretty much the extent of my day so far. I'm feeling pretty crappy from the vaccine and napping a lot.

Have a great day everyone.?

Well today I had to re-visit man land. Yucs!!? So while back in that world I thought I would post this.

For those that wonder, yes I'm retired and hoped to go strictly full time. Well that hasn't happened yet,

but I'm trying?

LM♥️

11 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Hello all,

Another weekend and I am still working to fix my wifes kitchen. The walls were crooked and the countertop people say it must be straightened or the counter will not fit right. There is more than an inch of variation between some adjacent studs. so far I ripped open the wall re-insulated and placed some sister studs to even things out but upon putting up new sheet rock I see that i still need to do some shimming to the studs.

I also found a weak place in the sub-floor that i had installed. I found that a 4x8 sheet of plywood has a long crack running through it so I replaced that sheet this past Thursday. Last night I picked up a new blade for my table saw and cut some new shims for today's work. God I hope i can get this done soon but working alone everything takes so long to do.

Of course all of this is after replacing the entire floor joists and all. I also have a torn bicep tendon in my right arm so I have to get creative when lifting plywood or sheet rock.

Stuck in boy mode today so not feeling much like Rachel.... :(

Sorry for the whining post but I needed to get that out of me.

Yeah, old houses suck to work on. My house was built in 1900. It was a tiny 4 room 1 story house. A 1-1/2 story house was moved and attached to it around 1925 I think. Nothing square or level. Good luck with your project.

Good morning everyone.

I was up before the chickens again but I'm feeling better. Hoping my photophobia stays under control today so I can get outside and do some yard work. Maybe I'll just stay inside and clean.

My wife and I had another talk last night. She's concerned about how It doesn't appear I'm willing to do the same things around the house I did before. Well, I'm not the same person I was before and over-all take better care of myself. We're still working on that.

On the flip-side I have her support to do what I need for myself, she said she wants me to be happy. She did call me Liz once during our conversation so that's there, trying to get out. It's got me thinking that once my name change is legal it'll be easier for her to stop dead-naming me. I didn't know (she didn't vocalize it before) but she worries about me whenever I go out shopping or whatever. That I might run into some haters or something and end up hurt or worse. This whole time I was thinking she was hating on me but, in her own way, she's been trying to protect me. Despite my accomplishments I was never physically visible and spent most of my life living in a hole vs. now, I'm out and about, being seen, living life, vulnerable.

@Elizabeth Star That is major changes with your wife. That is one big revelation that she is concerned  of haters, not that she is hating on you. That makes a huge difference to know that she has your safety in mind.

Not much happened yesterday, picked up some stuff from Target and the grocery store. Then went over to a friend's house to play some games (normal Saturday for my wife and I). Seeing my dad and stepmom some today, we'll see how it goes because I am going to tell them that this is the week. This is the week I come out at work and also come out on social media. i need to talk to each my family members to give them a heads up this week be prepared for the post.

So I have noticed I have had to do a lot of public relations type work for myself here lately. Anybody else feel like they overly have to fill different roles like that throughout transition? Maybe it is just a normal thing for adults, just kind of getting old in sometimes.

• Forum Moderator

Well my work week has been going good, so far. The one person at work who I thought would be a problem isn't. He is calling me Kym, using her and she. It helps a girl feel good.

Well tried to do some work on the wagon yesterday. Planned on using my son's just professionally rebuilt carb on the wagon. Won't fit. I need a spacer. Oh, well going to run the original for now. Also had to charge the battery again. She goes into the shop tomorrow to get the upper and lower front control arms put on. (got some performance ones) Today will work on the cruise control install. Don't want to drive all the way to Bowling Green, KY without.

Kymmie

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

On the flip-side I have her support to do what I need for myself, she said she wants me to be happy.  I didn't know (she didn't vocalize it before) but she worries about me whenever I go out shopping or whatever. That I might run into some haters or something and end up hurt or worse. This whole time I was thinking she was hating on me but, in her own way, she's been trying to protect me. Despite my accomplishments I was never physically visible and spent most of my life living in a hole vs. now, I'm out and about, being seen, living life, vulnerable.

This is great news Liz and I have to say it's been wonderful of you to share your relationship challenges and victories. What's happening right now in your world really shows how important communication is in a relationship.  We all filter things through our fears and anxieties and hopes so sometimes we misinterpret what the other is feelings/thinking/saying.  The challenge is having the ability to really open up with each other and work through those filters.  Kudos and thank you. Your journey is inspiring to a lot of people.

2 hours ago, AmberM said:

So I have noticed I have had to do a lot of public relations type work for myself here lately. Anybody else feel like they overly have to fill different roles like that throughout transition? Maybe it is just a normal thing for adults, just kind of getting old in sometimes.

I think this is definitely a life thing. We've done it our whole lives but at a lower level. It becomes very evident in our lives as we transition because that is such a massive change. I'm a businesswoman so I understand "brand messaging" and it applies to people too.  Ideally we want to control our message as much as possible. Being proactive about that during transition can help you by ensuring that others know what to say to the people in their lives.  Most people have no idea what we are going through (and our friends and family by association) so if you get the correct message out there, then there is less chance of people getting the wrong ideas.  PR is the name of the game. If people don't know what's going on, they will speculate or circulate their wrong opinions. I've found that when people "wonder" they gossip, when they "Know", they support.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I'm a businesswoman so I understand "brand messaging" and it applies to people too.

I have been able to keep up a level of branding for myself professionally, doing it on a personal level is so much more complicated and time consuming. I'll keep that in mind though as a way to control gossip, by giving a clear message instead of leaving room for questionable information.

1 hour ago, AmberM said:

I have been able to keep up a level of branding for myself professionally, doing it on a personal level is so much more complicated and time consuming. I'll keep that in mind though as a way to control gossip, by giving a clear message instead of leaving room for questionable information.

I did find it to be time consuming at first but I went hard and strong on the coming out process and was done in about a month. After that, I just had to live life normally and openly and haven't really had to control the narrative much.  Yesterday I ran into two old clients at work that haven't seen me since pre transition so had to fill them in but on average, I only have to do "messaging" once or twice a month now.  My friends and allies do it for me now ;). Case in point, my wife came back from a little retreat this week and had 2 ladies over she met there. She already told them that her wife was transitioning so when they arrived, it never came up and it was just a bunch of ladies drinking wine, no PR needed. 

• Forum Moderator

@Linda Marie You just look like a woman dressed in male clothing IMO.  Another beautiful tune. 

Jani

Thanks for the comment Jani. Today I'm wondering how to re arrange the wall behind me. 

Today38B.jpg

6 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning everyone.

I was up before the chickens again but I'm feeling better. Hoping my photophobia stays under control today so I can get outside and do some yard work. Maybe I'll just stay inside and clean.

My wife and I had another talk last night. She's concerned about how It doesn't appear I'm willing to do the same things around the house I did before. Well, I'm not the same person I was before and over-all take better care of myself. We're still working on that.

On the flip-side I have her support to do what I need for myself, she said she wants me to be happy. She did call me Liz once during our conversation so that's there, trying to get out. It's got me thinking that once my name change is legal it'll be easier for her to stop dead-naming me. I didn't know (she didn't vocalize it before) but she worries about me whenever I go out shopping or whatever. That I might run into some haters or something and end up hurt or worse. This whole time I was thinking she was hating on me but, in her own way, she's been trying to protect me. Despite my accomplishments I was never physically visible and spent most of my life living in a hole vs. now, I'm out and about, being seen, living life, vulnerable.

Sounds like your wife and mine could be sisters.

On 4/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, Stefi said:

Good morning all..Lots going on with me this past week. Got OK from my wife to shave off my nasty hair. I am now hair free from chin down. My wife says the mustache has to stay My legs and upper body look and feel so nice now.  Saw my new LBGRQ doctor on Wednesday, She is awseome!! She officially diagnosed me has having Gender Dysphoria. My wife went ballistic with this news. I spent most of the last 2 days crying and just laying in bed. We are talking but I am having doubts that she will ever acknowledge Stefi. Soon I will need to decide if I can put my marriage on the line to be true to my inner self. I will keep all updated as events unfold...

Stefi

Since posting this things have calmed down and my wife is being very nice to me..We are staying clear of talking about my Gender. I see my new LBGTQ therapist tomorrow. I am quite anxious...

Stefi

• Forum Moderator

Good Afternoon 

We went to church and Sunday School this morning had a couple of people acknowledge me fo4 the first time today.  Felt good.  Had a Scottish lunch, wife had a quarter pounder and I had a Crispy Chicken.  For fast food we have two choices, Mickey D and DQ.  Next closest is 10miles north or south.

I went to work on my scrap boat but didn’t get as much done as I wanted. I forgot to take water with me and the biting flys were really bad.  I have to get the HVAC out along with its controls. I could see what I was doing so I gave up on that. It will actually be the first thing I install in our good boat.  That way I can work in air conditioned comfort reinstalling the engine.  Method to my madness.  I got the engine control panel out and shore power plugs.  Cut out one winch which will give me easy access to two cleats.  I need mor cleats on my boat I have a number of blocks to remove and a couple of manual pumps. Then I can arrange to get it to the yard for it to be scrapped and I get paid for the lead.  Looking forward to getting what I want off and scrapping the hull.

hugs

Willow

I don't remember ever being this tired. Spent most of the day sleeping and once I'm done with this cup of coffee I going back to my pillow. I woke up dressed so I might have gone somewhere earlier or maybe I just planned to. :dunno:  I've slept since then, could've been sleep walking. It wouldn't be the first time.

My wife's meds got out of whack again so she only remembered bit and pieces of our conversation. Thankfully, her feelings haven't changed since last night. She did say I've been very prissy lately. So....mission accomplished? She's finally seeing the woman I truly am and always have been.

I want to write more (big surprise, right?) but this is too hard at the moment. I'm going back to bed.

Have a great day everyone.?

22 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

On the flip-side I have her support to do what I need for myself, she said she wants me to be happy. 

My wife said something similar a while back, I'm still on lawn/snow duty. So somehow occasionally I get myself upset when performing those tasks.  Haven't really heard that second bit.

Good morning!

I've got a fresh coffee, fresh ground.  Trying out a new blend.  Trying all kinds of new things.

Every day is a chance. 

I've started liking getting up early in the morning.  I finally adjusted to it, and getting up early leaves me so much time to get ready, and actually even have a bit of relaxation before I start the day.  I don't have to be at work until 8 am, and I got up at 4, leaving plenty of time to make coffee, shower, shave, get dressed, make/eat breakfast, and brush teeth.

In the rush of life, we can't forget to take time for ourselves.  Hope everyone has a really great day!

Love, 

Good morning everybody.

Had a decent weekend, saw a friend on Saturday and played games as usual. Saw my dad and stepmom yesterday. The visit went well, I went as Amber for the second time, and they used the correct name and pronouns for the most part, nothing intentional at least. I will be staying at their house next week because they are going out of town and we wanted to see if my stepmom’s docking station work with my work computer so I could use her office. This is the big week though, Thursday will be the big reveal at work, and Friday will be my big social media post. It will be interesting to see how it all works out in the end.

I'm not doing much today. I am studying my wall and going to re-do the guitar wall. That means taking everything off the wall, finish work and painting. My wife is helping me with this project, she spends a lot of time down here also.

Today39.jpg

• Forum Moderator

I think that will be a fun project @Linda Marie.  I'm glad to hear you wife will be helping out.  Since the ceilings look high I assumed this was an attached garage or something.  You mentioned "down here", is it a basement?

Best of luck with your designs! 

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

You need to grab those guitars and do a guitar workout - it's better than aerobics.