• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

9 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm OK with wearing shorts on the bottom since there so many cute ones out there but tops is a totally different story. She wants me to wear a t-shirt.

Well last summer I wore some kinda short (not Daisy Duke) cut offs and a sports bra.  But that was in the river with my daughter who is very transfriendly.  And when not swimming I covered up with one of those "lounger" type dresses.

Of course the river, while nice, is not a particularly public place - as a pool would be.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

I believe I commented earlier my wife is extremely anti female swimsuit for me.  Well we went to the beach today.  That’s what she wanted for Mother’s Day.  Also, because it was all about her I wore a t-shirt and shorts, men’s!  Anyway while we were sitting there I asked what if I wore  tank top and a short skort.  Maybe one with a built in bra.  Long story short, she didn’t say no and that’s getting pretty close to a tankini.  Maybe that will work for you too @Elizabeth Star.  

Willow

Hi All,

Ugh. Can't sleep again. I've been making progress with my housing and work, but I'm just exhausted from the effort. I had an energetic afternoon, but that's only because I used caffeine again. I'm praying for a peaceful mind. Hope so. 

-- Davie

• Forum Moderator

Hi

up very early.  My wife’s cpap mask is leaking and that woke me up.  It’s better now but I’m wide awake.  @Davie I guess we are in the same boat.  I hope you slept.

So my wife has been in a much better mood lately.  Best Mother’s Day she’s had in a long time.  Both our kids came through for her in some very moving ways.  I say kids but they are in their 40s.  

Ive been looking into moving.  This house is too big for us.  It’s great when family visits but that doesn’t happen much.  Then there is all the maintenance.  And the cost.  It’s too much on our Meger retirement.  I’m looking into a condo.  But I’m also learning all the little catch phrases with hidden meanings.  For example look at the inside of the front door, is it a home lock or a keycard type.  If it’s a keycard it a shortterm rental aka noisy and not well maintained.  I’m not anxious to move but this can be ridiculously expensive living here.  Oh well, time will tell what happens.

Certainly not interested in moving back north.  Anyplace must be near a beach with salt water, accommodate my sailboat nearby, have a bonus room for my wife’s sewing (3rd bedroom) and have an elevator.  I don’t want ground floor but stairs for my wife are difficult since her knee replacement.  Those are not easy to find.  

We had a cold front BLOW through last night.  It’s still windy.  Glad I moved my boat to a different marina last year.  The old one was wide open and my boat got pounded.  This one is secluded up a creek. The only concern is it can be a bit shallow and I have to go in and out with the tide.  I need minimum of 6 feet.  At least I have a place to tie-up to wait for the next tide.  

I finally got enough sleep last night. Instead of waking, I kept going back to sleep. Even if I don't get up until 10:30, at least I'm more rested. Sleep has to come first for me, for my health--both physical and mental. Good luck, Willow.

cheers,

David

Hi friends!

I just want to check in and say hello.  I didn't go anywhere...just haven't been posting much.  I got so busy for a while that I could barely keep up with reading some of the posts here at night before dosing off.  Also, it seems I just needed to step back for a minute and gather some perspective on the past year.  I've noticed this happening with others after an initial dive into the trans forum world.  It just seems part of the process to me.  After all, transition is a bit of a rollercoaster.  It's the ones that disappear suddenly on a sad note that worry me.  I guess that's nothing new, but some really leave us wondering if they're ok.

Just for the record, I'm doing great.  I'm happily easing into the shallow end of hormone therapy as prescribed, and my blood work was all good.  I'm feeling good about my electrolysis progress too.  Most of all, I think that the self acceptance and self love I've felt since embracing my transgender status is what is changing my life in the most amazing way.  I didn't even realize how shut down I was.  I feel like I'm living my life now, and want it to last...instead of just waiting for it to end.  What a difference.

I hope I don't bore you all with my happiness, but I've paid my dues and sung the blues for long enough.  I know some are having real struggles right now, and I feel nothing but love and support the people posting here...you've helped me immeasurably.  I entered this acceptance process around 6 months ago full of fear, desire, and apprehension.  I feel so different now.  So much stronger...so much more confident...so much more in love with myself.

So on we go.  I may not have time to post as much now.  Work is picking up, and being trans has led to having lots of appointments all of a sudden.  Also getting my teeth straightened up a bit.  I feel like I'm going to be a walking construction zone for the next year or so...but totally worth it.

Also, I finally got a new computer to replace my XP machine that I've been using offline for about ten years, so once I choose an ISP, I'll have an actual keyboard to type with instead of my tiny phone.  BTW, I've found that no computer works better than one that's not connected to the internet.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be coming up with an outfit I'll just have to share pretty soon.  May you all have an easy Monday and a week of blessings...love you all!

?

• Forum Moderator

Hi @Ann W when its good news happy news you can bore us all you want.  Glad to hear you are moving forward, even slow and steady works.  Most of us get tired of slow and want faster after a while but you've got plenty of time for that.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Davie its 2PM I've been up since 3AM although I got about a 30 minute nap around 7.  Good news, I've got nothing better to do than have a lazy day.  No job, retired.  Yard work can always wait until tomorrow.

I did take apart two sailboat winches, clean, lubricate and reassemble them.  All internal parts were in good shape, just very dry.  I'm guessing no-one did any maintenance on them in at least 10 years.  Winches are something you use a lot when sailing but never think about maintenance until they stop working.  these are actually off a scrap boat and I will be putting them up for sale in a day or two.  I also have two more larger winches that need the same treatment.  I'll work on them maybe tomorrow.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi @Ann W when its good news happy news you can bore us all you want.  Glad to hear you are moving forward, even slow and steady works.

Yes!  Great news and I agree that you can bore us all you want.  I'm always up for a success story.

6 hours ago, Ann W said:

Most of all, I think that the self acceptance and self love I've felt since embracing my transgender status is what is changing my life in the most amazing way.  I didn't even realize how shut down I was. 

I found this to be true as well.  It's like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders that I wasn't aware was there.  I'm so happy for you.

Rock on! 
Jani

Round and a round and a round we go. One day female, one day male. Life

in the mental jungle. When will it end? I hope not soon, breathing air is far better than being cremated!

Nothing going on in my neck of the mountains, just the same ole routine, lawn care, house care and the blasted bills.

Weather here is breaking, got plans for the lake, nothing more than that thank goodness. 

I am waiting on my background check to come in so I can start my rout, meals on wheels.

I and my wife also feel as Willow feels, down size the house. Problem is we are not really willing to move.

I guess we are just meant to be here. We built this house together.

We never know what tomorrow brings, all we can do is hope we wake up and see.

I hope all a good day,

LM♥️ 

Walking dogs.jpg

Dry cleaner place I deal with found 2 of my dresses finally.It was 2 weeks ago that I dropped them off to get dry cleaned and could not find them.An ex employee of theirs  misplaced them and said it was on them taking care of it very well

Did get good news at work as well,promoted to general manager at work today.Boss knew I deserved it,I stayed patient about it and a co worker of mine was being pushy rushing my boss to pick him.Boss does not like it when being pushed around on things

Good morning,

Finally had a good day (yesterday) with my wife. I took today off for our wedding anniversary. I got the dates confused. It's this Saturday, not today. Oh well, I got day off from work. We went out to lunch with her parents.  Wife insisted that I dress more like my "old" self. I ended up in flare jeans and a yoga hoodie. I still wore makeup and had my purse in tow. She was very happy with my choice and thanked me for giving her some of the old me for the day. I was still wearing woman's clothing so I'm a little confused. Regardless, we were both happy.

Her mother, as always, was good about using my correct name and pronouns. She's retired and watches a lot of TV so she wanted to talk a bit about all the craziness going on with the laws surrounding the trans community. It was nice, someone else who cares and is not afraid to talk about things.

Also, turns out my wife has been using my correct name but only in print. She won't use it when talking out loud but will when writing a correspondence or text message, no problem. Maybe she is making progress.

Otherwise I had a productive weekend. Got rid of a bunch of the dead trees in the yard. Cut up and hauled away. Picked up our riding mower and finally cut the whole yard. Got our 3-wheeler running. It was in storage since we moved.  The guys came over and got our pool opened for the summer. Lucky us, the previous owner didn't winterize properly so the filter is cracked and needs to be replaced but at least it's full of water and circulating. We get the new filter this weekend. It's just never ending. Money here, money there. It might be cheaper if I just throw my wallet in a fire.

have a good day everyone.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:46 AM, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning every one. Happy Mothers Day!

We were able to talk a bit last night. She wants me to go boy-mode when we're out together on the weekends. She is OK with me wearing a little light makeup but honestly, I don't know if I can even pass as guy anymore. I'm still going the push the boundaries with it and go with an "obviously lesbian" look. I really need to have to talk about the danger of being misgendered in public. I'm not happy about being in a holding pattern but I do have a few ideas of how I might be able to continue to inch forward. I can say I was not asked or told to back-pedal my transition. A comment was made about me having functional boy parts. I couldn't bring myself to tell her that things are, at this point,  inoperable. It's been years since she would have any reason to know anyways.

We had a service com over yesterday to "open" our pool so we ended up in a conversation about swimwear. I'm OK with wearing shorts on the bottom since there so many cute ones out there but tops is a totally different story. She wants me to wear a t-shirt. I tried to explain (and she knows this) that lighter color shirts get translucent when wet. She suggested a darker color. So I went into an explanation of wet t-shirts also stick and conform to your skin and everyone will see the shape of everything.  I don't think she's ever seen a wet t-shirt contest. That's OK, she will find out the hard way. I also have absolutely no desire to have a farmer's tan this year. How ridiculous, finally have our own pool and I'm supposed to swim in a shirt.

I have a fun filled day of manual labor ahead of which ought to be interesting since I couldn't sleep and have been wide awake since 1am. Have to rent a truck, move some logs and a lawnmower.

Cool, Now I'm getting sleepy.

I'm happy to hear that things are getting better. Hope it continues.

19 hours ago, Ann W said:

Hi friends!

I just want to check in and say hello.  I didn't go anywhere...just haven't been posting much.  I got so busy for a while that I could barely keep up with reading some of the posts here at night before dosing off.  Also, it seems I just needed to step back for a minute and gather some perspective on the past year.  I've noticed this happening with others after an initial dive into the trans forum world.  It just seems part of the process to me.  After all, transition is a bit of a rollercoaster.  It's the ones that disappear suddenly on a sad note that worry me.  I guess that's nothing new, but some really leave us wondering if they're ok.

Just for the record, I'm doing great.  I'm happily easing into the shallow end of hormone therapy as prescribed, and my blood work was all good.  I'm feeling good about my electrolysis progress too.  Most of all, I think that the self acceptance and self love I've felt since embracing my transgender status is what is changing my life in the most amazing way.  I didn't even realize how shut down I was.  I feel like I'm living my life now, and want it to last...instead of just waiting for it to end.  What a difference.

I hope I don't bore you all with my happiness, but I've paid my dues and sung the blues for long enough.  I know some are having real struggles right now, and I feel nothing but love and support the people posting here...you've helped me immeasurably.  I entered this acceptance process around 6 months ago full of fear, desire, and apprehension.  I feel so different now.  So much stronger...so much more confident...so much more in love with myself.

So on we go.  I may not have time to post as much now.  Work is picking up, and being trans has led to having lots of appointments all of a sudden.  Also getting my teeth straightened up a bit.  I feel like I'm going to be a walking construction zone for the next year or so...but totally worth it.

Also, I finally got a new computer to replace my XP machine that I've been using offline for about ten years, so once I choose an ISP, I'll have an actual keyboard to type with instead of my tiny phone.  BTW, I've found that no computer works better than one that's not connected to the internet.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be coming up with an outfit I'll just have to share pretty soon.  May you all have an easy Monday and a week of blessings...love you all!

?

Well if you got a computer with windows 10, be prepared for endless updates. So annoying. 

Glad to hear you're doing good.

10 hours ago, Kimber M said:

Did get good news at work as well,promoted to general manager at work today.Boss knew I deserved it,I stayed patient about it and a co worker of mine was being pushy rushing my boss to pick him.Boss does not like it when being pushed around on things

Nice! Congrats.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning,

Finally had a good day (yesterday) with my wife. I took today off for our wedding anniversary. I got the dates confused. It's this Saturday, not today. Oh well, I got day off from work. We went out to lunch with her parents.  Wife insisted that I dress more like my "old" self. I ended up in flare jeans and a yoga hoodie. I still wore makeup and had my purse in tow. She was very happy with my choice and thanked me for giving her some of the old me for the day. I was still wearing woman's clothing so I'm a little confused. Regardless, we were both happy.

Her mother, as always, was good about using my correct name and pronouns. She's retired and watches a lot of TV so she wanted to talk a bit about all the craziness going on with the laws surrounding the trans community. It was nice, someone else who cares and is not afraid to talk about things.

Also, turns out my wife has been using my correct name but only in print. She won't use it when talking out loud but will when writing a correspondence or text message, no problem. Maybe she is making progress.

Otherwise I had a productive weekend. Got rid of a bunch of the dead trees in the yard. Cut up and hauled away. Picked up our riding mower and finally cut the whole yard. Got our 3-wheeler running. It was in storage since we moved.  The guys came over and got our pool opened for the summer. Lucky us, the previous owner didn't winterize properly so the filter is cracked and needs to be replaced but at least it's full of water and circulating. We get the new filter this weekend. It's just never ending. Money here, money there. It might be cheaper if I just throw my wallet in a fire.

have a good day everyone.

Better to be early than to forget. Glad you had a good day.

• Forum Moderator

Great to hear, Liz. using your new name even in just in print may just be a step forward.

Well leaving this afternoon for Bowling Green, KY. So, I may be quiet for a bit. However still haven't gotten the car back. my mechanic called yesterday at about 4 pm. Says they have been working on the alignment for 6 hrs. still not done. With all the aftermarket lower A arms and fully adjustable upper A arms, it has been a nightmare.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@Linda Marie Great rendition of PH.  You are correct that we do get stuck in it sometimes.  You're looking good today.

Hugs, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

Round and a round and a round we go. One day female, one day male. Life

in the mental jungle.

I know what you mean.  Except for me it’s not always just for my wife.  For example when I am working on my boat or yard work, I do it male because I don’t really have any female work clothes.

Rough night last night but rougher week for our son.  He called us at 4am our time which is 1am for him.  Turns out his brother-in-law had died Saturday or early Sunday.  My son was the one to find him.  Making matters worse he lost his dog last Tuesday so he isn’t over that.  His call to us was in tears and very upset with his need to be the strength for his extended family when he was already grieving.  Their dog is their child and this one was especially good.

I’m just giving him a little time and will call him soon to check on him and his wife.  We will invite them to come for a visit to try to get their minds off all their grief.

Willow

6 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Money here, money there. It might be cheaper if I just throw my wallet in a fire.

I've sooo been feeling the same lately! Misc fees inheriting a car and getting rid of the old one, veteranarian fees (and here I had been thinking of getting a second cat! not so sure now!), taking care of some of my mom's final bills, and of course just all the usual living expenses. Some days it feels like being nickled and dimed, others it's more like my wallet's "nibbled to death by cats":

Thanks Willow. Gosh I know that feeling well. I do all my yard work in male clothes, but I have bought some female work clothes and still don't want to get them dirty. I'm sorry to hear about what your son is going through. 

2 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

I have bought some female work clothes and still don't want to get them dirty.

It is inevitable of course.   But they're dedicated "work clothes".