🏳️‍🌈 June is Pride Month ×
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
Jackie C.
3 hours ago, Davie said:

I've never felt so emotional about everything

Without being able to experience your emotions directly, I couldn't say. I know my emotions have more depth and nuance than they used to.

3 hours ago, Davie said:

Lately, also adding caffeine which I haven't used in years due to sleeplessness. It does help with my tiredness and lethargy.

Peppermint tea also works to perk you up. Well, peppermint in general. Trick I learned from a high school principal during jury duty. It also doesn't blow up my blood pressure like caffeine does.

Hugs!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KymmieL

• Willow

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Willow

Good morning 

January in May.  That’s how our local weather forecaster put it. Wind chill still in the 40s which is normal for January here.

So we met with a nurse from our health insurance company yesterday.  When she was going over my meds I told her about my Trans story.  No way she didn’t know I was trans since I was all done up.  Anyway complemented me for being brave to live my life as I wanted or needed.

did various exams including muscle tone, heart lungs blood pressure all the normal stuff.  Brain and memory she said I know that’s good you are obviously the memory bank for your family.  Another complement.  When we were done she says to me, I have nothing to suggest to you.  You look, act and are as healthy as someone 20 years younger.  Yet another complement.

Another friend was talking about communication with animals the other day.  As a diver, I find it amazing when ocean mammals seek human divers to help them.  Even taking a diver to another that has gotten into a situation where they would die with out quick help.

As for me personally, my dog and I have developed our own language.  She understands me and I understand her.  Yesterday while the nurse practitioner was her she behaved fantastic.  Normally she is all over visitors.  Wanting attention and showing affection.  With verbal commands she didn’t do that (she would usually ignore us when she is excited) and we told her to “go to her house” and she did.  When she was a puppy she had a crate.  We called it her house, implying her safe place.  She would go there any time told or just because.  Now, her house is a corner with her bed, food and water.  Nothing to keep her there but she stayed until released.  

point is we call animals dumb, but if we take the time to learn to communicate with them, they really aren’t dumb.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Very good news @Willow.  You are right about the animals we share life with.  

Linda Marie

Well today was a little more practice on the sax. So far I sound like a snorting bull, then the howler monkey's, LOL.

But it is a start. I have just learned just how much lung compacity I lost after the accident, but more concentrated on how to take it slower and adjust to my handicap regarding the sax, not that I was really good at it before the accident. 

Anyway I also kind of learned that heaven nor hell want me in their kingdoms, so they are just waiting and making wagers on who gets stuck with me after I check out from life on earth. Till then the neighbors are stuck with me LOL.

I hope all have a good day, love,

LM♥️

Today50B.jpg

Kimber M

My hair appointment went well today.Walked in and treated very well on the spot.The hair stylist that did mine,Lillian was so kind and also listened to me.She did a great job walking out happy.

Danni B.

Morning everyone.  Had my first phone interview since being laid off last month.  It went really well and decided to take a nice walk outside after.  I then got 2 more calls one for phone interview today and one in person for Monday.  A little nervous because I my last job I worked at was 18 years, so a little out if practice.  I did have to interview others so at least I know what to expect.  I've got my race on Sunday first in person race since starting hormones, can't wait.  Have a great day everyone 😊

• Forum Moderator

Great news about your interviews @Danni B..  I hope something comes out of them.  Good luck on your race.  

• Forum Moderator

@Linda Marie the Sax looks good on you.  I know you'll soon be playing well enough.  I know about reduced lung capacity and its not fun.  Pace yourself.  

I'm pondering change today. Sometimes it hurts, Sometimes not.

My Seattle writing buddy called me Davie, my new trans name—never thought it would matter, but it brought tears of joy. Apparently, identity is important to humans. Now I know. 😊 May I become a member, please?

-- Davie

20 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

Well today was a little more practice on the sax. So far I sound like a snorting bull, then the howler monkey's, LOL.

But it is a start. I have just learned just how much lung compacity I lost after the accident, but more concentrated on how to take it slower and adjust to my handicap regarding the sax, not that I was really good at it before the accident. 

Anyway I also kind of learned that heaven nor hell want me in their kingdoms, so they are just waiting and making wagers on who gets stuck with me after I check out from life on earth. Till then the neighbors are stuck with me LOL.

I hope all have a good day, love,

LM♥️

Today50B.jpg

Way to go, Linda Marie! Sax is tough—I gave mine up when I realized by the time I got warmed up, my embouchure was fagged out. Now my nephew rocks it.  Nice looking alto. What brand is it?

Rock on!

-- Davie

Elizabeth Star

I'm throwing my hands up. I just don't understand what's going on at home. We appear to be good now. There's no way that it takes so little to keep my wife on the supportive side. Literally all I did was not dress hyper-femme for lunch last Saturday and did some much needed yard work on Sunday.

A couple days ago I found myself having to (sheepishly) ask to buy a new sports bra. Where I was afraid it could have gone bad, she tells me to please wait a few days and get her a new one as well. Since she's been having better health days lately she decided to do some things around the house. One of which was my laundry. I keep my laundry basket on the floor of my closet, in the guest room. I was expecting there to be a reaction. Seriously, you open my closet and you're instantly greeted by skirts, heeled boots, dresses, bras and crop tops but no, nothing is ever said.

Now fast forward to this morning. I couldn't find my black leggings.I know they were recently washed but were nowhere to be found. Where could they be? Oh no, wife thought they were hers maybe. I really wanted then and had to ask. I had to go through the exercise of looking everywhere she suggested before I could check her dresser. Just as she was saying there's no way they got mixed in her clothes I'm pulling them out of one of her drawers. Then she say I can barrow a pair of her if I want. ??? Most of mine are just plain colored, hers not so much and I could borrow a pair. ?? Also no negative comments were made about my makeup. I thought for sure I was going to hear something due to me wearing pink and black eye-shadows (looks good with my outfit). I even got a kiss and a have a good day work while heading out the door.

Willow

Hi everyone 

It’s been an day of ups and downs literally.  I spent the afternoon working on my boats engine install. I am so close it’s amazing.  I had to get some materials to shim the engine. I made the shims and was headed down into the salon to install them and my companion way ladder slipped and down I went. Didn’t do any more after that.  Rested on the couch, took ibuprofen and listened to the radio until I felt good enough to drive home.  Iced and rested at home.  I’m going to feel it in the morning for sure.

@Elizabeth Star that is certainly the confusing part when things are good one day and not another.    Everyone is different of course but I take this as a sign of trying to accept but it is difficult still.

Willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Rested on the couch, took ibuprofen and listened to the radio until I felt good enough to drive home.  Iced and rested at home.  I’m going to feel it in the morning for sure.

Oh, that's a bummer.  Hope it isn't too bad.

Frustrating no doubt.

• Forum Moderator

Yes take it easy.  We don't bounce back as fast now a days!

Good morning, trans folks.

Don't know what to say today, but it's been a long and winding week. I certainly exceeded my energy expenditure and got enough sleep even though I'm now back drinking tea again. I love tea and love the perk of energy it gives. Yesterday, during a busy stretch, I forgot I was trans for awhile and I felt unburdened by the feeling—who needs such a massive change? But then later, when I was tired, I found myself back here. It's such a refuge. It makes me happy. Where have you been for the last seventy years?

hugs,

Davie 

Jamie68
22 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm throwing my hands up. I just don't understand what's going on at home. We appear to be good now. There's no way that it takes so little to keep my wife on the supportive side. Literally all I did was not dress hyper-femme for lunch last Saturday and did some much needed yard work on Sunday.

A couple days ago I found myself having to (sheepishly) ask to buy a new sports bra. Where I was afraid it could have gone bad, she tells me to please wait a few days and get her a new one as well. Since she's been having better health days lately she decided to do some things around the house. One of which was my laundry. I keep my laundry basket on the floor of my closet, in the guest room. I was expecting there to be a reaction. Seriously, you open my closet and you're instantly greeted by skirts, heeled boots, dresses, bras and crop tops but no, nothing is ever said.

Now fast forward to this morning. I couldn't find my black leggings.I know they were recently washed but were nowhere to be found. Where could they be? Oh no, wife thought they were hers maybe. I really wanted then and had to ask. I had to go through the exercise of looking everywhere she suggested before I could check her dresser. Just as she was saying there's no way they got mixed in her clothes I'm pulling them out of one of her drawers. Then she say I can barrow a pair of her if I want. ??? Most of mine are just plain colored, hers not so much and I could borrow a pair. ?? Also no negative comments were made about my makeup. I thought for sure I was going to hear something due to me wearing pink and black eye-shadows (looks good with my outfit). I even got a kiss and a have a good day work while heading out the door.

Wow! That has to be confusing. Take all the good days you can.

On another note, I talked to someone yesterday that just went to court to change her name. She said the judge asked a bunch of questions. It went well for her. My court date is early next month. I get nervous talking in front of people. Being in a smaller city, I will probably see people there that know me and have no idea that I'm trans. I will definitely have to put on my big girl pants. LOL. I told my wife not to come with me. I didn't want her breaking down there.

KymmieL

Sorry, I haven't posted. I am currently in Lincoln, NE. Staying the night then heading home in the morning. I invited my oldest and his family to join us for breakfast tomorrow. We will see if he shows or not. been a great trip so far.

Kymmie

Elizabeth Star

Today is my 11 year wedding anniversary. I got my wife a couple small gifts. Her bigger gift has been lost somewhere between here and China for the last 3-1/2 weeks so who knows when it'll show up. She got me a new phone. Our stylist friend came over. My wife went with a short bob dyed platinum blonde and I just got  a trim. Throughout the day I started crocheting another sweater. I say sweater loosely since it's a diamond mesh pattern that resembles fish-net. And yes, It's black. Otherwise we just hung around the hose.

Here's new new haircut.

IMG_1353.thumb.jpeg.2e4a1825ce5cf10259813792433a68b5.jpeg

Robin.C

Love the stories from everyone. I haven't been able to catch up on all the pages and comments I've missed.

I hope everyone who is having troubles can find a peaceful and respectful way through them all ❤️

My latest is after being crazy busy at work, my partner and I finally got to go to a wonderful fair and concert on the weekend.

The highlight for me was when the people doing the money taking for meals turned up to their spot which we were using as a great vantage point and it had seats (COVID has stuffed the seating thing up as it's something had has to be sanitised and cleaned constantly during the day - Aussie COVID rules for events - so reduce seating and tables less for the under pressure volunteers to have to do).

So back to the point of all this. She said to my partner and I "you ladies will have to move now".

I nearly did something inappropriate for the situation, I was so happy 😊

It had me tripping on cloud nine for the rest of the night.

The scary thing was when in the toilets just touching my lippy up and girl came in to get changed for part in the fair and didn't even worry about getting changed in front of me and the other woman in there. Methinks I on the surface am just seen as another old lady 😁

So ever onward in this journey. I'm gaining more confidence in makeup and appearance each day. Which makes everything seem a lot less scary.

Anyhow that's enough for today. We had a nice long sleep in after getting home at midnight.

Hugs

Robin

Kimber M

Met up with my nephew Jeff and niece Jackie,we visited my oldest brother's final resting spot yesterday.He would of been been 50 if alive this year.Died in a motorcycle accident deciding to ride his in the snow one day making the bad choice.It hit them hard and glad I am still alive.Jeff is 28 and Jackie is 26,both know I am transgender calling me Aunt Kimber.They are supportive too knowing I lived an unhappy life before I came out at age 17.

10 hours ago, Robin.C said:

The scary thing was when in the toilets just touching my lippy up and girl came in to get changed for part in the fair and didn't even worry about getting changed in front of me and the other woman in there. Methinks I on the surface am just seen as another old lady 😁

This has to be a great feeling.

Willow

Good morning 

coffee is good.  We slept in so we didn’t make live church.  We will Facebook Live it for the second service.  

update on the fall.  I’ve been “taking it easy if you can call it that.  The engine is physically installed.  I’m not sure about the alignment but that’s the final thing to do. Fuel is hooked up.  Cooling water is next. Control cables are in process. Last two things are routing the electrical to the engine panel in the cockpit and putting oil in it.  My muscles are still a little sore but using levers and other things to move heavy objects. That’s done now, basically just light work remains.   Then lots of housekeeping, power wash and some painting.

Willow

@KymmieLi hope your son joins you this morning.  Otherwise I hope you’ve had a good trip.    

Willow

SheenaT
1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

coffee is good.  We slept in so we didn’t make live church.  We will Facebook Live it for the second service.  

update on the fall.  I’ve been “taking it easy if you can call it that.  The engine is physically installed.  I’m not sure about the alignment but that’s the final thing to do. Fuel is hooked up.  Cooling water is next. Control cables are in process. Last two things are routing the electrical to the engine panel in the cockpit and putting oil in it.  My muscles are still a little sore but using levers and other things to move heavy objects. That’s done now, basically just light work remains.   Then lots of housekeeping, power wash and some painting.

😍

Jamie68
11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Today is my 11 year wedding anniversary. I got my wife a couple small gifts. Her bigger gift has been lost somewhere between here and China for the last 3-1/2 weeks so who knows when it'll show up. She got me a new phone. Our stylist friend came over. My wife went with a short bob dyed platinum blonde and I just got  a trim. Throughout the bay I started crocheting another sweater. I say sweater loosely since it's a diamond mesh pattern that resembles fish-net. And yes, It's black. Otherwise we just hung around the hose.

Here's new new haircut.

IMG_1353.thumb.jpeg.2e4a1825ce5cf10259813792433a68b5.jpeg

Nice! Ordering from India has about the same results. They both suck.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• Torrence Kieran
    • Shay
    • Katharina
    • Erica Gabriel
    • unknown
    • Jackie C.
    • AmberM
    • Robin.C
    • kimberlyk
    • Melissa Mazurek