• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

Thank you for sharing this. I am also with Kaiser and am 3 months on HRT. I’ve been paying out of pocket for electrolysis since November and, while I’m pleased with the results, it’s still an uphill battle with no end in sight. I’m going to discuss SRS/GRS with my therapist this month since it appears to be something I have to plan out waaaaay in advance.

Do you use Kaiser for Gender Therapy? I can only get one appointment per month. That was horrible at first but adequate now that I’ve settled in. 

Oh, and I’m thrilled with your progress.

I use KP for almost everything.  I don't feel like I need much inthe way of therapy now that I've started down this road.  I have emotional ups and downs but not depression level stuff. I've also got a uniquely support life so don't have to deal with challenges there. It's more for the gate keeping requirements and some advice on getting support in various areas when needed.

FYI- Kaiser pays for electrolysis on the west coast and east coast so pretty sure your state does as well..  You may just have to ask or tell them it's part of the care that KP offers everywhere else.  I have to see someone outside of KP for the treatments since they don't have anyone in house so it is just $30 copays.  They authorise it here in 5 hour blocks so I'm constantly asking for reauthorization which take a week to two weeks in which I either have to pay out of pocket for those or skip those weeks. They hadn't done this before so I was one of the first people to use this benefit so at first getting the referrals took some time and I just paid it myself so I wouldn't lose time/progress.

Yes, planning and self advocacy is key with KP (or anyone). KP has great coverage but the process can be slow and frustrating.  I'm not sure whether they have in house FFS/GAS surgeons in CO but they usually partner with someone local OR they will send you to Oregon (including travel/hotel reimbursement). I chose local cause Hopkins is good and the west coast is so inconvenient and the wait times out there were longer.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I am also with Kaiser and am 3 months on HRT. I’ve been paying out of pocket for electrolysis since November and, while I’m pleased with the results, it’s still an uphill battle with no end in sight. I’m going to discuss SRS/GRS with my therapist this month since it appears to be something I have to plan out waaaaay in advance.

Edit to my previous post- KP electrolysis coverage doesn't apply if you are on an Affordable Health Care plan or Medi-caid/care plan. But if it's an employer plan or self employed plan then it does.

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I use KP for almost everything.  I don't feel like I need much inthe way of therapy now that I've started down this road.  I have emotional ups and downs but not depression level stuff. I've also got a uniquely support life so don't have to deal with challenges there. It's more for the gate keeping requirements and some advice on getting support in various areas when needed.

FYI- Kaiser pays for electrolysis on the west coast and east coast so pretty sure your state does as well..  You may just have to ask or tell them it's part of the care that KP offers everywhere else.  I have to see someone outside of KP for the treatments since they don't have anyone in house so it is just $30 copays.  They authorise it here in 5 hour blocks so I'm constantly asking for reauthorization which take a week to two weeks in which I either have to pay out of pocket for those or skip those weeks. They hadn't done this before so I was one of the first people to use this benefit so at first getting the referrals took some time and I just paid it myself so I wouldn't lose time/progress.

Yes, planning and self advocacy is key with KP (or anyone). KP has great coverage but the process can be slow and frustrating.  I'm not sure whether they have in house FFS/GAS surgeons in CO but they usually partner with someone local OR they will send you to Oregon (including travel/hotel reimbursement). I chose local cause Hopkins is good and the west coast is so inconvenient and the wait times out there were longer.

Kaiser pays for electrolysis after 6 months on HRT. I’ve been paying out of pocket but look forward to August when that benefit kicks in. I too have good support but I still like to run things by a professional. About the only negative thing I’ve experienced is some pushback at work over bathrooms. Well, that and Spironolactone kicking my ass.

• Forum Moderator
On 6/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, Jamie68 said:

Wait until someone gives you a big hug. 

That will wake you up. 

That’s true too.  Even just brushing them with your arm, they remind you they’re there.

ok so much for my morning chuckle.  Good morning everyone 

it’s a rainy day here.  No downpours, at least not yet.  But we need the rain.  Hard to believe since in January and February we hardly had a day without rain, we are now in drought status.  

our listing agreement was signed yesterday our purchase agreement was supposed to be signed today but the agent pushed it back to Friday.  That’s ok I just get to keep my money a little longer.

I also need to get a storage unit and start moving things so it’s not an all out blitz in the end.  That would be a killer.

Enjoy your day.

Willow

2 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

Thank you. I started that process last week. I’m in Colorado so it isn’t too difficult. Changing my Birth Certificate in Texas is another story ?

Never went to court.  Had intended to do so, but after surgeries all that sort of thing just didn't seem important anymore.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

that previous post was written yesterday but apparently didn’t save to the site.  Oh well, maybe I got interrupted and didn’t hit submit.

Not much to add.  Seems to me that insurance, even Medicare Advantage Plans all have differences in what they will cover and what they won’t.  Some of that seems to be if they are a multistate plan they cover everyone the same and if state A requires something to be covered then it’s covered in all states.

BCBS can have pricing and coverages based on locality in SC.  There are counties where you pay Part B and no more.  I pay plus $35.  I know there are places you get refunded some or all of the part B premium.  In SC even moving to a different county can change things.  Since I will be doing that later this year, I hope that’s not the case for me.  

Willow

1 hour ago, mmspc said:

Never went to court.  Had intended to do so, but after surgeries all that sort of thing just didn't seem important anymore.

Oh sorry, meant to say best wishes to Ms. Gabriel in the legal process in both CO & TX.

Going to therapy and meeting my little sister for lunch. This is the first we have spent time with each other with me being "her sister" not her big brother. We are both very excited for this.

Hugs

Stefi

•  
  • 70 posts
  • State/Province: Illinois.gif

I am so excided today.  I just got off the phone with my little sister.

I CAME OUT TO HER. No one else except my wife and doctors know.

She was thrilled and assured me she will be here for me anytime nite or day.

I am giddy and happy knowing she is here for me 100%.

• Forum Moderator

@Maddee That's great news on the new place and a bigger garden area.  

The awkward feeling of showing up to the dealership as “Erica” when they are expecting a dude. I’m in the process of changing my name and gender so I still have to use my “dead” name for these transaction. They’re pretty cool about it. I mean, I gotta be me, right?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

well, thunderstorms woke me up early today.  I like a nice thunderstorm and we need the rain except now I have to pump water out of my dingy I suppose if I can lift it I could pull the drain plug.  I’ll have to see about that.

boxing and cleaning is progressing.  Today we chose options for the new place, cabinet colors, countertops carpet and flooring.  I think my wife knows what she want already.  This one is all hers to decide.  I have no opinion.

I get to decide for the sailboat however.  Lol

storm stopped for now.  Until later.

Willow

Had thunderstorms here overnight too.    
I dread the thought of ever having to move from this place.   I mean, 40yrs of clutter.  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

This one is all hers to decide.  I have no opinion.

Willow

No, you do have an opinion. it is yes dear to everything she suggests.

Well my Monday came a day early. Kinda throws me off as I am so used to being Thurs-Fri. OH, Well It is a couple days off. (mmmm, sounds like a song?) Everything is about normal. Being Kymmie when I can at home. then always at work. I need to start using my new voice at work. Don't want all that therapy I had to go to waste.

May break out the bike today. The wife is going to an AA conference. So I might be a biker b!tch, today. Wait a second, I am already. LOL.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I need to start using my new voice at work. Don't want all that therapy I had to go to waste.

It'll get better as you exercise it too. The muscles start to develop and it'll make your voice smoother and more feminine.

While I CAN drop back into the lower ranges if I want to, it's uncomfortable now.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

It'll get better as you exercise it too. The muscles start to develop and it'll make your voice smoother and more feminine.

While I CAN drop back into the lower ranges if I want to, it's uncomfortable now.

Hugs!

I need to focus more on my voice. The habits just aren't there and I need to be so focused on my voice to keep it more fem but if I start thinking about what I'm saying instead of how, I slip back into my male register :(.  I do so much public faced speaking that I need to be on message for, I can't seem to focus enough on the how vs what.  It is very triggering for me when I'm mis gendered based on my voice or when I'm recorded and I hear it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

The habits just aren't there and I need to be so focused on my voice to keep it more fem but if I start thinking about what I'm saying instead of how, I slip back into my male register :(.

Yeah, that's practice. I spent an hour a day doing drills and using my female voice whenever I was speaking for about nine months before I got it to where I was comfortable with it. I still wouldn't mind it being a little higher, but I'm huge, so it fits me.

With the practice though, it becomes second nature. I've got to focus if I want to change my resonance to sound male. The fun part is talking to people what have paperwork with my deadname on it and trying to convince them that, yes, while I sound like a woman, I'm still the person you need to be talking to.

It's also fun to mess with people by dropping into DEEP male (which I can't do for very long) for a sentence or two. For example, I use a passable Arnold Schwarzenegger impression to encourage my gym friends while we're doing Arnold curls.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Voice feminization still is so hard for me except I can tell my warm up exercises are working because I still am lucky enough to be in a band and I can reach much higher notes then I did when I was young. 

With nothing to talk about today I'm going with...Shaving our legs. I shave mine once a week, I love the feel of my hose on freshly shaved legs. I am a skirt and dress person, so shaving my legs is very important, as with wearing hose and heels to compliment the look and feel.

When wearing my 'mom' jeans I switch to knee highs, sneakers, and bobby socks.

Love and hugs,

LM♥️

Today63B.jpg

I shave my legs occasionally, but since HRT it hardly grows back.  There's just a few hardly noticeable hairs.  I wish I could say that for some other places.

Today's video, these boots were made for walking. I hope you all enjoy. (Hint, it is not a music video)

Hugs and love,

LM♥️

Hi all I will be camping with my wife this coming week, so I will not be on line.

Talk to you all in a week.

Hugs Stefi

• Forum Moderator

I no longer have to shave my chest, stomach area yes but no more than once a week.  It’s been about a week and in the light I can see stubble.  Underarms weekly.  The one place that can be quick to return and often noticeably dark is my wrists.

today was estradiol shot day.  I hit a nerve going in which made my muscle jump. Can’t say I’ve done that before

Willow

Rough Boy. Coming out to those thinking I'm only after sex. Anyway I thought I'd do this video for you all. More based on coming out. Yeah I lived a rough life back then. Opening doors was fun surely,  But the creeps kept coming and I had to take a mean stand back then.

Love and hugs,

LM♥️

Hey everyone, busy week I'm trying to catch up on posts.  Had my nephew's (13th!!) birthday, he's so awesome the first time he saw me after coming out he asked my preferred pronouns.  Also My mom's birthday, we went out for lobster rolls (her fav).  I'm running a 5K tomorrow for local pride event so I got my nails down with trans pride colors for it ??

20210603_133940.jpg