• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

My journey,tough part was getting let go from my previous job 5 years ago.I am lucky now,have a great work place where my boss and co workers accept me when I am  dressed as Kimberly also supportive

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Afternoon update

i got my blood test results today.  My endocrinologist said they were exactly where he wanted.  T is almost nil.  Estradiol is in female ranges.

our buyer is having an inspector come tomorrow so I’ve been ducking thunderstorms to do a few last minute repairs.  And some cleaning.  Right now I’m replacing two inside corners where my eaves drip.  I’m cutting out the old and putting in new corners, not trying to seal them.  Heater works AC works, no water leaks. Water heater works just fine we actually have two.  I have them in series. When we remodeled our bathroom we needed more because we put in a spa tub.  

@Confused1 yes I do have a very good endocrinologist.  Thoughtful, helpful and on top of everything.

Willow

That is good news Willow.

To all here, we are on a journey that few will under take. We are who we are.

7 hours ago, Linda Marie said:

We come from all walks of life. We started out the same as you are doing now. I am glad you are here with us.

Thank you Linda Marie! I agree, as with many facets of the human condition being transgender has no set criterion. I think the journey is as important as the destination.

Hugs!

Delcina

@Delcina B Yes the journey is far more important than the target destination. It is the walk we take and the people we meet on our journey, the ups and downs, the smiles and tears. So far my biggest thrill was my first time out, gosh I'm really out here!

LM zf 2011~12  little me (Hey lets jump on stage).jpg

@Delcina B I was like ten years out in that photo up there. Here is one when when I was still scared and new.

My first time on stage as Linda, 20 years ago.

On the stage.jpg

@Delcina B The journey took me to many places and meeting people like me, or I was like them.

Welcome to my world, and a fine journey.

LM zk2011~12 The Betta Kappa Girls (Just me and the girls) 2005.jpg

LM zl2011~12 Crown Girls (Are you having fun, We are) 2004.jpg

@Delcina B As you start your walk into the world as who you always wanted to be, yourself, comfort sets in.

Confidence would be a better word. I became more happy, I became stronger, I no longer feared those that hate.

It was a rough walk getting there, but the reward was peace of mind, the freedom to be who I wanted to be.

Town Square.jpg

LM zj 2011~12 Fireplace (Let us chat) 2004.jpg

@Delcina BBitterness becomes a part of our lives. Losing friends, or so called friends and just pushing them out as they did me, so I took a stand, and I closed my doors to those that hate. I went on to live my life.

thumbnail_LM q 2011_12 I dare you (Step inside my chambers).jpg

Hey everyone,

It's been an interesting couple of days. I've had a few severely dysphoric moments that had me pretty depressed. For now I'm doing better.

I have a friend who started a private chatroom for transwomen. It's completely unregulated and uncensored. I thought I was a bad girl at times.  I'm the timid, shy, little angel.

It finally happened. I got an email from our VP informing me about our dress code at work. I thought there might have been an issue with my shorts but wore them anyways. It would have just been nice if she had said something to me when I saw her at 9am instead of waiting until 12:30. By that time I had already been to two of our buildings. I felt really embarrassed that everyone had been talking about me all day and I had no idea. Our VP was nice about it. She understand that this is all relatively new to me. It was probably extremely hard for her to write the email to begin with.

One week until court. I'm nervous and excited. Tomorrow will be the last Thursday ever for my dead-name.

22 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I am so over hiding in the shadows, not having a life to make other people happy.

Can you start making cute tops with this on them so I can buy one or six, please?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

i switch up coffee coffee every few purchases.  I was getting Folgers and just switched back to Mc Cafe always dark roast.  Love the smell of opening a new “can” as long as I can remember.  Today was new can day.

@Linda Marie while I’m not really interested in a full surgical transition the orchidectomy is fine with me, I’ve been concerned for years about testicular cancer.  I had a vasectomy in 83 and they are rather swollen from storing all that seaman. Makes tucking uncomfortable.  We’ll see what they say.  

couple of last minute things to get done before the inspection.  Then I want to go to the bank to see about a bridge loan. I need another $10k by July 4 which I’ll repay when we close July 20 just a little timing issue.  Then it’s off on our round the country trip!  

Willow

Wonderful pics, @Linda Marie. Thanks for sharing!

@Elizabeth Star Well, the dress code thing had to happen. If you dress with personal taste, chances are you'll end up crossing one or other line. It seems it didn't go bad, so it's just a learning experience. I'm a total fan of your style (absolutely love that crochet fishnet top), so respect the rules but don't let them box you in!

I'd totally join @RhondaS about the top with the "hiding in the shadows" sentence.

11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I felt really embarrassed that everyone had been talking about me all day and I had no idea. Our VP was nice about it. She understand that this is all relatively new to me. It was probably extremely hard for her to write the email to begin with.

More often than not, our "personal styles" aren't appropriate for a "work environment". While your style is all you and I applaud it, I wouldn't let any of my employees dress that way for work hahaha.  The trick with work, is find a style that's "edgy"  enough to be u, but also professional.  This is why most working women have a work wardrobe and a personal one.  My personal style is more beachy with spaghetti straps and lots of leg showing but I try and dress more conservatively when I head into work.  As an employer, I've had to have a lot of "dress code" talks and even went to a "uniform' for almost a decade so I wouldn't have to have those conversations constantly. lol. My initial dress code was "no underwear showing, and you shouldn't look like you're heading to the club- whether that's a fitness club or night club". 

You are not alone in getting those kind of emails ;)

You're not quite a "goth look" but this etsy search may help you expand the wardrobe ideas since you love black:  https://www.etsy.com/market/corporate_goth?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search_US_DSA_GGL_Categories_Male_New&utm_ag=Clothing&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQjw5auGBhDEARIsAFyNm9HYvF9w61Nyb7-EQEf1YR4Mmf4zFAvFq-y2xT1aZIAlJNJjmu8xNZYaApKJEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_12734577339_118652348777_514397226139_aud-457997893326:dsa-39866722876_c_&utm_custom2=12734577339&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5auGBhDEARIsAFyNm9HYvF9w61Nyb7-EQEf1YR4Mmf4zFAvFq-y2xT1aZIAlJNJjmu8xNZYaApKJEALw_wcB

I kinda like the Goth thing, but at my age it's not for me, LOL.

Steampunk looks like fun too - but, same thing.

Fortunately, being retired I don't have to deal with a dress code, only stay out of jail.

• Forum Moderator

Bri, some cute outfits. For me. I have the standard dress code at the store. Which is work shirt. (Ladies camp shirt for me) and non holey jeans. One day a month they have O'reilly days where you can wear any other top you want. as long as it has the company name on it. and appropriate for work.  So the corporate goth will have to wait till I move up in the company.

My Monday. Yeah I know. with some of the guys taking vacation days off have been screwy. Anyway, I have noticed my boobs have been growing. Starting to fill the cups of my bras. Still flatten out in a sports bra though. LOL. Get my second dose of mederna on Monday. Tuesday they are having a LGBTQ story telling at the train depot here in town for pride month. I am looking forward to going.

Things at home are actually going OK. No fights or arguments. Just need to work on my oldest son, still not talking to me. Been almost 2 months since I have talked to him. I need to call and talk to him again.

Hugs

Kymmie

14 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Hey everyone,

It's been an interesting couple of days. I've had a few severely dysphoric moments that had me pretty depressed. For now I'm doing better.

I have a friend who started a private chatroom for transwomen. It's completely unregulated and uncensored. I thought I was a bad girl at times.  I'm the timid, shy, little angel.

It finally happened. I got an email from our VP informing me about our dress code at work. I thought there might have been an issue with my shorts but wore them anyways. It would have just been nice if she had said something to me when I saw her at 9am instead of waiting until 12:30. By that time I had already been to two of our buildings. I felt really embarrassed that everyone had been talking about me all day and I had no idea. Our VP was nice about it. She understand that this is all relatively new to me. It was probably extremely hard for her to write the email to begin with.

One week until court. I'm nervous and excited. Tomorrow will be the last Thursday ever for my dead-name.

I'm sorry to hear you were feeling rough. When I feel that way I try to think about the progress I've made and that I have a plan that's working so far. Thinking about having bottom surgery helps me feel ok about still having my "junk".

I understand about how you feel about court. They are all different. I hope you have as easy time as I did. I've been to court for not having proof of insurance when I got a speeding ticket in your area. The line to get in was half a block long, so leave early. I know they swear you in and ask if everything on your application is correct. I guess sometimes they ask about each question on application. I would guess that it will be short and sweet for you because of how busy it is in your area. 

Hello Ladies and Gents. I know I know. I'm the prodigal gal. I've been missing for months and I do appreciate all the people who were inboxing me. Unfortunately my old iphone died on me again so I lost my login for the forum until I repaired it and then finally got back on the old phone to retrieve everything. So now I'm on my new ish phone. I've had it over a year and it's paid off so meh. But anyway. I've had one crazy year in 2020. Lockdown sucked. I finally started hormones but ran out. My roommate brought back her abuser to kick me out. So I was homeless for a few months trying to get an apartment. Finally got one through a grant program and now all the doctors want me to start from scratch before prescribing me any estrogen and I have hypothyroidism because I suddenly stopped taking estrogen. But they still won't prescribe estrogen. This city sucks. Even Planned Parenthood in this city sucks.

On another note, I've been working at a job for over a year and I started right before the pandemic. It's a telephone job. I work from home. It finally started to pay off after stagnation for almost 12 months. But I just broke all my records this last week by more than double. So I'm actually feeling good about that. People call me ma'am on the phone. It's the perfect job. I can take it anywhere I have a roof and privacy. But my lease agreement has me stuck until Xmas. So I can't really move just yet. Hopefully by the time I do I'll be well into my hormones again. And the orchiectomy I've been wanting since forever. Ugh

• Forum Moderator

Hello @Josie Beth and thanks for the update.  I've wondered where you were as well.  It sounds like things are going well, except for the doctors wanting you to start anew.  Keep your head up, things will continue to come your way.

Hugs, Jani

Not much going on here. Had the heat and air people over and replaced my heat pump and air handler.

Went to diner with my wife, thought about pizza at speedy's on the patio and watch tail pipes drive by but instead went to creek side for shrimp and watched the river otters play. Otters are cuter than tail pipes!!

1 hour ago, Jani said:

Hello @Josie Beth and thanks for the update.  I've wondered where you were as well.  It sounds like things are going well, except for the doctors wanting you to start anew.  Keep your head up, things will continue to come your way.

Hugs, Jani

Hugs Jani!

Bri, thanks for link. I totally forgot about the Corporate goth look. I'm not used to the idea of wearing (for the most part) what I want to work. for 17 years it was always jeans and t-shirts with no reason to dress up for the few free hours I had afterwards. Then there was to 10 years I was on 24/7 emergency call in addition to my daily work. So many holiday and party photos with me, ready to go, in my work clothes.  As far as the goth  part on me is concerned. So many of the "groups" insist that you can be goth by the minimum standard of just saying you are, even if you wear bright colors. Yet, they'll chastise you if don't wear specific items of clothing, like certain music, hang out at the right clubs,... 

Argh! I never have enough time to write in the mornings. To be continued...

Good morning everyone, hope you had a restful evening.

I think dress code is something I am going to have to get used to fitting into. I think we are still on jeans on the bottom, so that part is easy, but the top portion I want to dress up because I feel like it is less stuffy being feminine dressed up. I don't think I would wear button up blouses, because well, I would have to ones that are oversized in areas and tight in other spots (stupid broad shoulders and large neck). I am still developing my sense of style though, and know it will be an ever evolving thing.

I am looking forward to a weekend of getting out. Tonight I am meeting up with some people from the local trans support group and having dinner. Tomorrow my wife is throwing me a re-birthday party celebrating my official name change. I actually got my certified copies of the name change order yesterday. I am looking forward to making all the changes as it currently stands, because I look forward to being properly identified. I was going to drop off a copy to the Social Security Administration today, but I have a feeling they are closed in reverence of Juneteenth, so that will wait until Monday I guess.

I hope everyone has a good day.

• Forum Moderator

Happy Re-birthday Amber. Congrats on getting your name change. I know that day is far, far in the future for me. If at all.

Not even sure how to approach the wife about it. I guess when and if the time comes.

Boring day at work last night. Was wished a Happy Pride month by a customer. Still getting Sired a lot. Maybe if I wear a touch of make up may make a difference. Who knows.

Hugs

Kymmie