• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

My local person will only do 1 hr sessions using topical numbing. Chicago will sedate me, then use lidocaine injections and nerve blocks then crank up the amperage for 6 hours to be more effective at killing follicles first time around.  Very few places in the country that do that.  I have a kid in Chicago so it makes it less inconvenient 

Do you mind telling us what place you go to? If I can't get this dammed expensive electrolysis machine to work for me,I will need to find someone like you go to. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

OK, so having read that Bri...

AHHHHHH!

Ahem. Now then, while I have never been happier to be afflicted with alopecia, my surgeon also included a scrotal scrape because I still HAVE hair, it's just too fine to do anything with. Is that not an option?

I mean I get if it's not, the surgeon in Michigan doesn't do it either. 

Hugs!

3 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Do you mind telling us what place you go to? If I can't get this dammed expensive electrolysis machine to work for me,I will need to find someone like you go to. 

Precision hair removal, Chicago Il. https://precisionhairremoval.com/genital-electrolysis/

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

OK, so having read that Bri...

AHHHHHH!

Ahem. Now then, while I have never been happier to be afflicted with alopecia, my surgeon also included a scrotal scrape because I still HAVE hair, it's just too fine to do anything with. Is that not an option?

I mean I get if it's not, the surgeon in Michigan doesn't do it either. 

Hugs!

He recommends getting as much hair removal done as possible, It there's some stragglers he can do a scrape but that doesn't guarantee full hair removal apparently.

• Forum Moderator
18 hours ago, Jandi said:

Yeah.   I don't gender people when I talk to them, like why?

Jandi, I love the new profile picture.

Good afternoon everyone,

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy??️‍⚧️?♏

4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Chicago will sedate me, then use lidocaine injections and nerve blocks then crank up the amperage for 6 hours to be more effective at killing follicles first time around.

yikes and ouch!!! sounds like frankenstein's laboratory. lol :)

Hairdresser Loyalty?

I started taking Ritalin today (8-hour release) I do notice a difference. I'm studying for a professional exam and being an adult with ADHD is stressful and I need the help especially during test times. There is a cloud when it wears off. Loss of appetite and I can't sleep. It does help me concentrate though. I think it also makes me not care what I say either, which can be a good or bad thing.

I went to get my haircut. Robert, my stylist, is really nice. I feel like I may have been mean to him but not intentionally. On my way there, he called and asked where I was, I said I would be there shortly. He said okay get here soon. When I got there for my appointment, I have a standing appointment at 2pm every last Sunday of the month, he had someone in the chair already. 

Ooh how I hate waiting. I waited, 20 minutes passed, he was still busy. Then Dinora walked by. She asked if she could take me. I said no, I have an appointment with Robert. She walked away. Several minutes later, I was kicking myself for not taking her up, Robert was still busy. Then I asked her, I said actually if you're available, I'll sit with you.

She took me right away. 

Her hair is gorgeous! I mean, I would do well if mine looked anything like hers. She helped me, I complimented her on her hair and told her how I want my hair to look like hers. I also complimented her on her nails too. I believe she thinks I was hitting on her. No honey, I don't want to be with her, I want to look like her. I believe she can help me get my hair to that level. Robert is good, but Dinora is so much better. I quickly made a follow-up appointment. I do plan to tell Dinora about my transition.

Robert was more than upset. It was like I cheated on him. I only see him once a month since December, 9 months now. I guess I do have a relationship in a way. This is the difference between how men and women perceive haircuts and I am beginning to realize that. Maybe it was the new medication. I told Robert that it was because Dinora was available and she is hot. ? Well she is. (The problems with being Pan, but that's another story.) I am actually hoping she'll help me look hot too. Robert said I need to be loyal to my stylist and I shouldn't be acting like that because I'm married.

First of all my wife and I are separating not because I'm attracted to other women, but because I'm Trans and she's leaving me. I didn't want to get into that. I don't feel like I should have to explain myself. I blame it on the medication.

I do feel bad, I feel worse about having to break up with my stylist than I am about my wife leaving me.

What's your relationship with your stylist like? How soon should I come out to them? Would it help coming out to them?

1 hour ago, JennaLSinclair said:

What's your relationship with your stylist like? How soon should I come out to them? Would it help coming out to them?

I'm in the spa biz so know what it's like from both sides. First- you don't belong to anyone and can see any stylist you want-GUILT FREE.

2nd- He's dead wrong to say you should stay loyal. Sorry Charlie. See #1

You may have crossed a line saying you want to see her because she's hot though ;). lol

As for coming out. Doesn't matter one way or the other unless you have no idea how to style your hair because you didn't grow up learning those things and want your stylist to understand you need that help.  Otherwise- your call.

I told my first stylist because I was trying to get a women's style for the first time and needed a lot of help.  I've since been growing it out for a year so haven't been back to see one.  I'm pretty open about who I am so I will probably tell the next one but who knows. (my other one quit and I haven't figured out where she went)

2 hours ago, JennaLSinclair said:

First of all my wife and I are separating not because I'm attracted to other women, but because I'm Trans and she's leaving me.

that has to be such a sad thing for you to be separating from your wife. maybe the marriage will still somehow work itself out in time. good luck with that. i checked your profile and it says you have an interest in house rabbits. that is so interesting. i'm a cat person. in fact it is my whole life now. 24/7 and i love it. animals of all kinds give us more meaning to our lives and actually are much more fun to be with than most people i know. lol. anyway i wish you well with all you are facing. thank you. :)  

2 hours ago, April-Showers said:

i checked your profile and it says you have an interest in house rabbits. 

Of course! They're my babies ❤️

IMG_1554.jpg

20141213_071001.jpg

3 hours ago, JennaLSinclair said:

First of all my wife and I are separating not because I'm attracted to other women, but because I'm Trans and she's leaving me. I didn't want to get into that. I don't feel like I should have to explain myself

I'm sorry this is happening. I can only imagine how it hurts.

It's always touch and go with my wife. I hope we can make it.

Good morning,

Moving kind of slow this morning and I'm going to need a lot of coffee.

As soon as I got home from work yesterday my partner asked if would go with her to get slushies. Not unusual in itself but what was different was that she didn't say anything about how I was dressed. I was wearing my long black skirt. I had expected to be asked to change before we left but it didn't happen so out the door we went. This was not the first time I wore a skirt in front of her but was the first time we went out somewhere together. It was a short 2 mile ride and I expected at some point she would say something. Maybe like she just didn't notice but it didn't happen. When we got there she asked if would go in with her. I grabbed my purse and got out of the car. The only incident was at the register. I stood behind her while we got rung up. When the cashier gave us the total my partner looked at her and said "he's paying" while motioning to me.  In retrospect I probably should have stood next to and not behind her and I think the next time she misgenders me in public I'll add "I guess I'm the 'guy' tonight" and see where that goes. On the way home she asked if she could have a little more of the old me when we go on vacation. I had to ask what exactly she ment by that. All she could say is that she wants me to be comfortable and stop trying so hard to be trans. She's just not really understanding. I am not trying. I am finally happy with myself and just being me. Obviously we need to talk a little more about this.

5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning,

Moving kind of slow this morning and I'm going to need a lot of coffee.

As soon as I got home from work yesterday my partner asked if would go with her to get slushies. Not unusual in itself but what was different was that she didn't say anything about how I was dressed. I was wearing my long black skirt. I had expected to be asked to change before we left but it didn't happen so out the door we went. This was not the first time I wore a skirt in front of her but was the first time we went out somewhere together. It was a short 2 mile ride and I expected at some point she would say something. Maybe like she just didn't notice but it didn't happen. When we got there she asked if would go in with her. I grabbed my purse and got out of the car. The only incident was at the register. I stood behind her while we got rung up. When the cashier gave us the total my partner looked at her and said "he's paying" while motioning to me.  In retrospect I probably should have stood next to and not behind her and I think the next time she misgenders me in public I'll add "I guess I'm the 'guy' tonight" and see where that goes. On the way home she asked if she could have a little more of the old me when we go on vacation. I had to ask what exactly she ment by that. All she could say is that she wants me to be comfortable and stop trying so hard to be trans. She's just not really understanding. I am not trying. I am finally happy with myself and just being me. Obviously we need to talk a little more about this.

Wow,that's rough. It seems to never end with our partners. They simply can't understand who or what we really are.

I told my partner, "Walk a mile in my shoes and you will understand, but you can't my shoes don't fit you".

Hope it gets better for you. Hugs

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I think the next time she misgenders me in public I'll add "I guess I'm the 'guy' tonight" and see where that goes. On the way home she asked if she could have a little more of the old me when we go on vacation. I had to ask what exactly she ment by that. All she could say is that she wants me to be comfortable and stop trying so hard to be trans. She's just not really understanding. I am not trying. I am finally happy with myself and just being me. Obviously we need to talk a little more about this.

That's a great response for the next time. I guess she wants you to be more Tomboy than Woman. I'm good with Tomboy right now, but the Woman is on her way.

Hugs,

Mindy ??️‍⚧️?

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

She's just not really understanding. I am not trying. I am finally happy with myself and just being me. Obviously we need to talk a little more about this.

Happiness! Such a powerful word. You absolutely nailed it. And it’s one word there is no comeback to. Tough choice to put on someone who questions you. it’s what I keep coming back to. Why would I deliberately make myself unhappy?

I gave a speech at Toastmasters last week basically summarizing my career from Air Force to entrepreneur to increasingly larger companies to UPS over 40 years. I talked about a focus on service, to country to customers and to fellow toastmasters. I talked about the oath of office to protect and support the constitution. I concluded with the words from the declaration about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. To protect against all enemies foreign and domestic who would deny life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness to any citizen of the United Stars of America. And I pointed to the rainbow on my tee shirt superimposed by the word United. 

my next speech is supposed to be one where I research a topic. It will be about happiness, what it is and what it isn’t.

If anyone has any thoughts along those lines feel free to pass them along. Hygge in Denmark is one possibility. 

11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

All she could say is that she wants me to be comfortable and stop trying so hard to be trans.

It's actually that being the old you is really trying hard. You're more comfortable by being you. I get it. ❤️

On 8/31/2021 at 7:19 AM, Jamie68 said:

I took a walk with my 20 yr old grandson last night. We sat down in a secluded spot and had a long conversation where he asked me a ton of questions and also told me about his life and struggles. He is a very deep thinker like his dad and grandma. Since I came out he hadn't talked to me much. I thought he was disturbed about me. He understands me more now and accepts me.

I am thrilled.

Well it's been a couple of days since I had the talk with my grandson. We are still doing good. I learned a hard lesson though. Don't sit in the grass at night to talk while wearing shorts. I have over 100 chigger bites on my legs. It's driving me insane. Nothing seems to help for more than 2-3 hours.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone, 

It’s finally Fall here in Central Indiana, with morning temperatures in the low 60s. Bring on the leggings and sweaters. 

The coffee is HOT, black and strong,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone, 

It’s finally Fall here in Central Indiana, with morning temperatures in the low 60s. Bring on the leggings and sweaters. 

The coffee is HOT, black and strong,

Mindy??️‍⚧️?

I've noticed a cooling off here in Central Illinois too. I'm loving it ? 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

I'm loving it

Good morning Jamie68

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I've noticed a cooling off here in Central Illinois too. I'm loving it ? 

It’s about time. This humidity’s been killing me. 

• Forum Moderator

We have had a couple cool days. It has been nice. Today, forecast for 75. Maybe able to get some stuff done with out sweating my boobs off. not that I have that much anyway. LOL.

Today my only full day off. Do a half day tomorrow. then back to the grind Sat Sun, And Mom then 6 days off. Yeah. Took next Thurs-Sun off Tues and Wens are my official days off. Fri-Sun is the Colorado Good-Guys show. Taking the Wagon down.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It’s about time. This humidity’s been killing me. 

I know, right?  Maryland ha some incredible humidity.  When leaving Minnesota, I never thought I'd say that our summers were hot, but at least it's a dry heat!  Sheesh!  You'd think all the lakes in MN would make it humid, but not compared to the constant rain/evaporation cycles MD goes through!