• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning all.

I got to bind at school yesterday which was really good for me. I also got to hang out with some friends at a thing after school which was a bit outside of my comfort zone, but ended up being really fun anyways.

I have woken up anxious the past two days which I'm not a fan of. I'm thinking it might be dysphoria because yesterday when I was binding it eased quite a bit, but today it's been incredibly persistent.

In really good news my mother might let me get a bowl cut after senior pictures. I'm not out to my parents so I wasn't sure how asking for one would go. So hopefully that'll be in October that I get to do that. :3

Anywho, hope you're having a wonderful day!

-Jasper

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KymmieL

• Willow

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well played the snoop today. My wife left her phone home charging. So I checked her message to our oldest.

"Your dad and I had it out again on Wednesday! OMG, he took his hormone patch off. I'm not saying this is going to solve things but it is going forward. Maybe you can talk to him? He still loves his big boy!!! Love you"

I am not sure how to take it. I guess I will wait and see.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieLThat's hard to read, I don't know how long you've used patches, but you know stopping hormones and then having your body have to adjust to that, could be bumpy. 

Take care of yourself

Hugs

C

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jazz-per said:

I got to bind at school yesterday which was really good for me. I also got to hang out with some friends at a thing after school which was a bit outside of my comfort zone, but ended up being really fun anyways.

That's an important lesson there. If you never step outside your comfort zone, you never get to grow as a person. Gotta try new things, y'know? If you don't like them, cool, but you still tried.

Dysphoria can team up with anxiety and depression sometimes. Those days are awful and something to talk to your therapist about. On the plus side, things do get better.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

"Your dad and I had it out again on Wednesday! OMG, he took his hormone patch off. I'm not saying this is going to solve things but it is going forward. Maybe you can talk to him? He still loves his big boy!!! Love you"

First off, we do not snoop on our loved ones. That was a private conversation. Shame on you.

Now that that's out of the way, the conditional love to control you thing that your wife (and older son) does is appalling. That sort of behavior is unacceptable. We do not bully the people in our lives until they do what we want.

I grew up with that nonsense and it has a lot to do with why I'm being treated for PTSD. That is NOT how we treat people we care about.

As for me, I joined another meetup group in my never-ending quest to find more queer friends. I'm still on light duty from surgery so I'm going to go run some errands in a bit. I need a new bulb for my spouse's passenger-side headlamp and as long as I'm out, I'm going to pick up some more protein bars.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Cyndee said:

@KymmieLThat's hard to read, I don't know how long you've used patches, but you know stopping hormones and then having your body have to adjust to that, could be bumpy. 

Oh yeah, this. As someone who went through this for surgery not that long ago. The hot flashes start after about two weeks. They come with night sweats. Both suck.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

First off, we do not snoop on our loved ones. That was a private conversation. Shame on you.

I'm sorry, (hand head in shame)

I just wanted to see what my wife told him after I asked him if my wife had told him I stopped. only thing I got back was "yeah, she told me."

It concerns my family, my life, and my happiness.

Kymmie

After almost two months of silliness I finally got my new social security card. I just to ooo and ahhh at it all day. It also meant a trip to our main office so hr could see the physical card and get a copy for file. Just so happened I am also wearing my green, skull covered dress. I think I like that office a little better sometimes, I got 5 compliments on my dress. 

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star congrats. I'm still waiting for my new birth certificate to come so I can get my SS and Driver's licenses changed then tackle insurance, estate planning and credit cards.....

Sadly no dress makes me look good yet - I'm still in the gas to the floor and clutch in - with family and wanting surgery.

1 hour ago, Shay said:

@Elizabeth Star congrats. I'm still waiting for my new birth certificate to come so I can get my SS and Driver's licenses changed then tackle insurance, estate planning and credit cards.....

Sadly no dress makes me look good yet - I'm still in the gas to the floor and clutch in - with family and wanting surgery.

You have to change your birth certificate first?  That’s currently last on my list. 

5 hours ago, Jazz-per said:

Good morning all.

I have woken up anxious the past two days which I'm not a fan of. I'm thinking it might be dysphoria because yesterday when I was binding it eased quite a bit, but today it's been incredibly persistent.

In really good news my mother might let me get a bowl cut after senior pictures. I'm not out to my parents so I wasn't sure how asking for one would go. So hopefully that'll be in October that I get to do that. :3

Anywho, hope you're having a wonderful day!

-Jasper

It’s always good whenever you can be yourself. A good haircut can doing amazing things for self affirmation and easing dysphoria. At least it did for me. I agree with what Jackie said about the comfort zone. You may learn something new about yourself. 

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

After almost two months of silliness I finally got my new social security card. I just to ooo and ahhh at it all day. It also meant a trip to our main office so hr could see the physical card and get a copy for file. Just so happened I am also wearing my green, skull covered dress. I think I like that office a little better sometimes, I got 5 compliments on my dress. 

Yay! It's an awesome feeling. Congrats.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

You have to change your birth certificate first?  That’s currently last on my list.

It was last on my list also, at least the gender change on SS card. I just got my name changed on SS card since it's a long process to get a birth cert. from Puerto Rico. It takes over a month. They sent back my application once already saying my money order was wrong amount, and also said I needed a lawyer to submit it, which is incorrect. I resubmitted about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for response.

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star in the state of Ohio it is or at least I don't want to go through process more than once of I can.

It’s another slow day at work and I’m having trouble staying awake. I pray to the Goddess that this mug of unicorn blood will restore some vitality. 

84A4F211-62C1-4AF4-AB6A-464CF4AC8164.jpeg

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It’s another slow day at work and I’m having trouble staying awake. I pray to the Goddess that this mug of unicorn blood will restore some vitality. 

84A4F211-62C1-4AF4-AB6A-464CF4AC8164.jpeg

Nice. I love it. I've never seen this before. 

On another note, I found out today that I don't get put on the GCS list with my surgeon until my insurance approves the surgery. I really hope that it happens soon. Please wish me well 🥴

2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

On another note, I found out today that I don't get put on the GCS list with my surgeon until my insurance approves the surgery. I really hope that it happens soon. Please wish me well 🥴

Good luck.  I have my FFS and GAS consult Monday. Hope to get  schedules for both then. 

Times have been trying.... After 3 years since coming out to my spouse, we were on an almost certain path to being done. After I admitted defeat in that if she couldn't stand me or my changes, whatever they may be, that I need for my future, she realized I couldn't fight it anymore and it hit her in a way that it hasn't before. We made up, she committed to being more calm when we talk so that I don't get anxietied out of opening up. I then read her a letter that I'd been writing and rewriting for the last year plus that detailed needing to at least try HRT and needing to change my name. She doesn't like or agree with it, but stayed calm. She's afraid of becoming unattracted to me. She asked when I want to start "this" I said let's work on us to begin with. We have our first couples therapy session coming up, another thing I didn't think we would ever get to..... I hate being always hopeful as it almost never pans out, but I dare say there could be a chance for us and that regardless of the outcome... I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel which I'm excited for because I know the road to happiness is what's on the other side.

🤗 HUGS

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 and @Jamie68? Good fortune to both of you! May you be swiftly approved and guided to the surgeons with the surest hands and the most artistic talent!

Best of luck to you as well @Lexa83. You never know what the future might bring. My spouse finds herself comfortable with and attracted to me after threeish years on HRT. While she still considers herself straight, she's willing to concede "Straight plus me." Unless your wife is a raging heterosexual, keep calm, keep the lines of communication open and remind each other that you're in love every, single day.

Hugs!

A relaxing domestic day, which for me revolves around the kitchen. Made 6 qts of granola, then 2 loaves of honey whole wheat bread, then a French apple gallette. Then got off my feet and finished a sewing project.

So, a day to just be me.

It will be nice to drift off to sleep with a relaxed smile 🍞 🪡 🌛

Astrid 

1 hour ago, Astrid said:

A relaxing domestic day, which for me revolves around the kitchen. Made 6 qts of granola, then 2 loaves of honey whole wheat bread, then a French apple gallette. Then got off my feet and finished a sewing project.

So, a day to just be me.

It will be nice to drift off to sleep with a relaxed smile 🍞 🪡 🌛

Astrid 

A girl after my own heart. I like to cook also. I can sew too, not great but passable. My older sister taught me how to sew when i was in 9th grade.

4 hours ago, Lexa83 said:

We have our first couples therapy session coming up, another thing I didn't think we would ever get to.

That's good news. Couples therapy was one of the key milestones for us, and gave us both a much better understanding of how each other felt. Communication definitely improved.

May it be a positive step forward for you two as well!

Hugs,

Astrid 

4 hours ago, Lexa83 said:

Times have been trying.... After 3 years since coming out to my spouse, we were on an almost certain path to being done. After I admitted defeat in that if she couldn't stand me or my changes, whatever they may be, that I need for my future, she realized I couldn't fight it anymore and it hit her in a way that it hasn't before. We made up, she committed to being more calm when we talk so that I don't get anxietied out of opening up. I then read her a letter that I'd been writing and rewriting for the last year plus that detailed needing to at least try HRT and needing to change my name. She doesn't like or agree with it, but stayed calm. She's afraid of becoming unattracted to me. She asked when I want to start "this" I said let's work on us to begin with. We have our first couples therapy session coming up, another thing I didn't think we would ever get to..... I hate being always hopeful as it almost never pans out, but I dare say there could be a chance for us and that regardless of the outcome... I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel which I'm excited for because I know the road to happiness is what's on the other side.

🤗 HUGS

I hope it gets better for you. Seems it's always a rough go at the beginning. It does get better though if there's love there.

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

@Bri2020 and @Jamie68? Good fortune to both of you! May you be swiftly approved and guided to the surgeons with the surest hands and the most artistic talent!

Thanks, Jackie.🥰

Oh great Goddess I am so freaking nervous.  Tomorrow I won’t only be presenting as Justine, I will be doing it in front of 120+ people to perform the wedding of my two best friends. 

Ack what the heck did I get myself into?!