• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Welcome back @LindaMarie. What a lovely collection of instruments you have.

I missed some of your random jams you once posted here.

Warm Regards,

Susan R?

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday's gathering was a picnic with the local Pride group the Mrs was instrumental in starting (oh the irony!)

Again, she's the one who wanted to leave first, funny, I'm supposedly the introvert. 

It's always been heavily tilted towards 'old gay men' but yesterday it was almost all women.  I was in my "clothes from the women's section that aren't in your face" look and didn't 'come out' to anyone, but at some point a male married couple were the only guys there and one said there's hardly any men here and I said, "Yup, just two" but he didn't catch it. 

4 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Yesterday's gathering was a picnic with the local Pride group the Mrs was instrumental in starting (oh the irony!)

Again, she's the one who wanted to leave first, funny, I'm supposedly the introvert. 

It's always been heavily tilted towards 'old gay men' but yesterday it was almost all women.  I was in my "clothes from the women's section that aren't in your face" look and didn't 'come out' to anyone, but at some point a male married couple were the only guys there and one said there's hardly any men here and I said, "Yup, just two" but he didn't catch it. 

He either didn't notice, or maybe he was respecting you as a woman. Glad your day went well.

11 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So far our trip’s been going good. We got over to Mackinac island on Saturday. It was a lot colder then we had anticipated so we rode inside the ferry. We only stayed for a few hours but did manage to eat lunch, check out the shops and of course buy some fudge. 

Our room back in the city included access to the pool next door but I didn’t pack her suit and I don’t really have one so we had to buy some. She actually helped me pick mine out. And it wasn’t weird! Being the end of summer there want a whole lot to choose from. I ended out with a tiered, ruffled, white and gray tankini and and lilac shorts.  We ran out of time and never made it to the pool. 

we had a good time and will come back sometime. Definitely in the summer though. 

Off to Benton Harbor……

Sounds like a good time. Glad you're having fun.

12 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So far our trip’s been going good. We got over to Mackinac island on Saturday. It was a lot colder then we had anticipated so we rode inside the ferry. We only stayed for a few hours but did manage to eat lunch, check out the shops and of course buy some fudge. 

Our room back in the city included access to the pool next door but I didn’t pack her suit and I don’t really have one so we had to buy some. She actually helped me pick mine out. And it wasn’t weird! Being the end of summer there want a whole lot to choose from. I ended out with a tiered, ruffled, white and gray tankini and and lilac shorts.  We ran out of time and never made it to the pool. 

we had a good time and will come back sometime. Definitely in the summer though. 

Off to Benton Harbor……

glad you had a good time up there!  Mackinac to Benton Harbor is a bit of a big pendulum swing though haha! (I live about a hour from there)

I was disappointed in a Transgender Social event I went to the other night at a pub.  There we probably 40 people or so. The group has a heavy amount of CDers as well.  I arrived about 20 minutes after the posted start time and most everyone was there already (did they all serve in the military? ;).  ). I walked back to the section of the pub where they were all gathered and about 8 tables were already full. I stood in the middle of them looking around for someone to say welcome, or come sit here or any acknowledgment that I existed for about 5 minutes.  Nothing :(. I eventually saw this one lady sitting by herself so just went up and plopped down at her table and said "I guess I will join you". She responded "I was hoping someone would". We talked for a bit and I ordered some food and a beverage.    About 30 minutes later someone who organizes comes by and says hi and even comment- "oh- you are the one who's never been to one of our events right?"  I affirmed that and then she just said "well welcome" and kept moving on.  

Moving through out the night I forced myself into other people's conversations and introduced myself around. 

What I discovered was that the vast majority weren't "out" to many people and they snuck out to these events to be able to present themselves in their desired ways.  I think only 5 or so were full time out there.    i'm not sure if this played a roll in my cold reception or not but it was commented on by a number of people when they asked about my "out" status that I was in the minority.  I did meet 2-3 people I would like to stay connected to, but the group events left me feeling more an outsider than part of a community.  

I did get a chance to wear a new dress and I slayed it so there was that. hahaha

12 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Did you get to hang out with all the republicans attending their big conference up there?  hahaha Would have been awesome to run into Ted Cruz at a coffee shop and make him really uncomfortable ;)

@Bri2020 I know that feeling, walking into a place where everyone else seems to know each other and you're just kind of there...  Our local support group has a similar feeling, though maybe not quite as cold.  The people here are friendly and everything, they just all talk like they've known each other forever (they have) and I find myself feeling very "outsidery".  I've been going to them for about a year now and it's getting better, but for me and a couple other people (we all clump together and be outsiders together haha) it still feels a bit like that.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I was disappointed in a Transgender Social event I went to the other night at a pub.

I'm sorry to hear that. The last one I attended was great! There were enough fellow geeks to get me to relax and I had a good time even if I don't drink coffee or beer (the two big things the venue served). I did have a couple of hot chocolates. It was too cold for lemonade.

Anyway, meeting any new group of people can be hit or miss. I mean we're all trans and that's a fantastic place to start, but honestly the fact that I'm trans is the least interesting thing about me. There need to be other connections too.

Would have been awesome to run into Ted Cruz at a coffee shop and make him really uncomfortable

That sounds absolutely dreadful. My social anxiety would kick in and after that who KNOWS what might happen. Oh, that makes me wonder if they'll be out picketing pride this year. That'll be fun.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I was disappointed in a Transgender Social event I went to the other night at a pub.  There we probably 40 people or so. The group has a heavy amount of CDers as well.  I arrived about 20 minutes after the posted start time and most everyone was there already (did they all serve in the military? ;).  ). I walked back to the section of the pub where they were all gathered and about 8 tables were already full. I stood in the middle of them looking around for someone to say welcome, or come sit here or any acknowledgment that I existed for about 5 minutes.  Nothing :(. I eventually saw this one lady sitting by herself so just went up and plopped down at her table and said "I guess I will join you". She responded "I was hoping someone would". We talked for a bit and I ordered some food and a beverage.    About 30 minutes later someone who organizes comes by and says hi and even comment- "oh- you are the one who's never been to one of our events right?"  I affirmed that and then she just said "well welcome" and kept moving on.  

Moving through out the night I forced myself into other people's conversations and introduced myself around. 

What I discovered was that the vast majority weren't "out" to many people and they snuck out to these events to be able to present themselves in their desired ways.  I think only 5 or so were full time out there.    i'm not sure if this played a roll in my cold reception or not but it was commented on by a number of people when they asked about my "out" status that I was in the minority.  I did meet 2-3 people I would like to stay connected to, but the group events left me feeling more an outsider than part of a community.  

I did get a chance to wear a new dress and I slayed it so there was that. hahaha

Bri, Sorry the event left you feeling on the outside. Don't they know that that is the soul purpose of said event is for acceptance. The few events that I attend I feel that way. Always have. Hope that if you decided to attend another they will warm up to you.

Life seems to be back to normal for me. I am left alone, while my youngest and wife go upstairs. Then when my wife does join me. She nods off.  So I am still alone. I guess the story of my life. My Thursday today as The store manager is taking some vacation starting the first. So guess who is the chief chump in charge.

Hugs,

Kymmie

We’re up and getting ready to head out. We’re making a couple stops on the way home. Going to pick up some sage and crystals then down to saint joseph for lunch and then finally head home. 

Mildly depressing morning here.

I just found out that my firewood supplier who I've been dealing with for some years now, is getting out of that angle.  I'm not sure I'm still up to cutting trees etc. and don't have a place to cut my own anyway.  Oh well.  I'll have to find someone else who is not just selling tiny bundles.  I have enough for awhile if it doesn't get too cold.

But Phooey.

Then it appears that the water in my well has dropped below the level where my pump functions.

It's an old hand-dug well.  Fortunately, I can still open the top and draw water with a bucket at this level.  This is not unusual for this time of year.  It's a maybe yes - maybe no thing.  But having an outhouse eliminates that particular problem.

But still, phooey.

4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I stood in the middle of them looking around for someone to say welcome, or come sit here or any acknowledgment that I existed for about 5 minutes.  Nothing :(

This sort of thing seems to happen to me.  But I'm pretty introverted, and so not good at "[forcing] myself into other people's conversations".  I usually end up sitting along the wall trying to be invisible.

Such is life.

My wife and I were out last month shopping. We also have been going out a lot with me as Linda.

She even said shopping with me as Linda was more pleasurable.

She was amazed how casual and accepted my world is out there. 

Well not really, she loved the part I was in no hurry and snooped around the store the same as her.

We had a good time.

I've spent the last several weeks taking care of her because of surgery. She is doing fine and recovering very well.

Cooking, cleaning, feeding the pets, back and forth to hospital and doctors, and then....

Her brother comes over and asked me how do I do it?

I said, well, Eddy, I have not been this sober in over a year and a half.

We had a laugh and a beer. 

Life goes on.

LM❤️

Today90D.jpg

oops, I forgot the shopping picture taken by my wife.

It is important, she stands by us.

Life goes on

LM❤️

Today78C.jpg

12 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

About 30 minutes later someone who organizes comes by and says hi and even comment- "oh- you are the one who's never been to one of our events right?"  I affirmed that and then she just said "well welcome" and kept moving on.

Sounds maybe like a leadership problem within the group. I was a member of some church groups like that. Very difficult to break into the inner circle. In fact they did a lot of circling the wagons, us against the world, sort of mentality. 

We made it home. My partner wasn't feeling to good from all the fun we had so we skipped Saint Joseph and headed home. I had a pretty good time. I was never misgendered by anyone or even looked at twice that I know of. It made me feel pretty good about myself and my ability to pass or maybe no one there has ever been around a trans woman before. I did notice a few other people who probably fall under the trans umbrella. There was also a car in the Starbucks lot with a Poly pride sticker on it. I notice a lot of stuff in the wild.

I did kind of failed at my partner's request about my outfits. I only brought one pair of jeans so I was dressed in skirts and leggings most of the time. Even on the island, I was in lavender, souvenir joggers and a black hoodie. I wore my green dress (the one with the skulls) when we visited the witchcraft supply store which was along the drive home. She didn't say a word to me about it and everything seemed business as usual.

Maybe there was more to this vacation than it appears.

I'll probably have more thoughts on this later but I'm spent.

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I had a pretty good time. I was never misgendered by anyone or even looked at twice that I know of. It made me feel pretty good about myself and my ability to pass

Glad it was an enjoyable experience!  It certainly appears that you are making significant progress on several fronts, which has to be a good boost for your confidence and happiness.  Yay!

Astrid

10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Maybe there was more to this vacation than it appears.

I'll probably have more thoughts on this later but I'm spent.

congrats on a successful trip!

Funny how we come back from vacations totally toast. lol. Rest up.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

congrats on a successful trip!

Funny how we come back from vacations totally toast. lol. Rest up.

Yeah, you need a vacation from your vacation.

Kymmie

14 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I was never misgendered by anyone or even looked at twice that I know of.

This is very good.

While I was away from here I had the sheriff's detectives over to pick up some items, they looked them over and one said he would like them and I said take them, then the other detective said we have a problem with that part and I said I have a permit and papers for the items. (I'm starting to get scared now). The tall detective looks at me with a smile, a smile that wasn't alarming, and say's we know, we did a back ground check on you before we came over, can you excuse us for a minute.

They came back in and explain if they take the items now they will be logged and destroyed, but you can sell them to me if I come back off duty and out of uniform. I said okay.

Later that evening my wife and I get to meet his wife and things went well and items removed.

You have to remember there was a lot of paper work going on. ( we don't need to spend two hours on explaining that do we)

What happened next is what this story is about. (I was in male mode during all the transaction)

The next afternoon I'm all dressed up as Linda and in walks the detective, in uniform, big brown envelope in hand, and sheriffs   vehicle outside my basement and I stand there thinking oh dear, I'm going to jail in a dress, this will be interesting. 

Turns out the envelope was the legal  papers to release me from the items and he said I looked nice.

He also got a picture of me to share with the department. This is what I was wearing that day and my wife sent him down there saying she is down there.

Now the whole department have my new and improved mug shot.

LM❤️ 

Today87.jpg

I am wearing coffee today. Here’s why…

I have been studying the Giant Schnauzer (GS) propensity to bark at things that move, things that make noise, things that do one or the other, and things that do both. Having owned dogs for nearly 60 years it’s my considered opinion that the GS is unique in the speed with which it can come from the prone position, do a one and a half gainer to a full erect standing posture, issue multiple exhalations from the diaphragm past the lanynx, pharynx and vocal cords reaching in excess of 100 decibels and continuing to increase the decibel level until the triggering noise or movement abates or a treat is offered.

I am calling this phenomenon the Sergeant Schnauzer syndrome or SSS for short. The SSS is best compared to a police protocol. After all the GS is frequently deployed as a guard dog. The protocol can be characterized similar to the way any anomaly is recorded on a police report.

For instance there are infractions and violations. Infractions are minor. Violations are serious.

There are both moving and non-moving infractions and violations.

The response to audible infractions or violations increase in decibel level in direct proportion to the decibel level of the infraction or violation.

For instance, a knock on the door is a non moving violation with a high auditory component and elicits a maximum response especially when the GS is surprised and has not been warned in advance, even though the movement component is obscured by a non permeable surface like a door. 

A UPS truck similarly can elicit the maximum response level when the the audible component of the heavier engine is accompanied by visual confirmation through a translucent surface like a window. The effect is heightened by the auditory accompanying footsteps even though motion of footsteps is not observed through an opaque surface like door.

These are both examples of serious violations of the SSS canine protocols. 

An example of an infraction eliciting a lower response in the 50 to 100 decibel range includes accidentally putting a coffee cup down on the table when the GS is in another room. Test show that the decibel level in the GS response is correlated with the volume of coffee in the cup. It is supposed and yet to be proven that a full capacity cup of coffee makes a deeper tone and is not as easily distinguishable from a knock on a wooden door. 

A corollary to the coffee cup theory is being investigated. This includes both the volume and temperature of the coffee and the proximity of the cup to the GS owners lap when a UPS truck drives by the house. It has been observed that this elicits a decibel level from the GS owner that exceeds that of the GS, though this is purely anecdotal and is difficult to repeat in any scientifically or statistically meaningful manner. When this happens, the vehicular moving violation is overruled and canine detention is immediately enforced.

image.thumb.jpeg.e016a8d4a3bf51efe97f4c28ba6e4536.jpeg

@LindaMarieOh my, glad all ended well. I don't know if your Sheriff department has Coffee with a Cop there, if so you might just be invited to the next one. Happy to see you here, hadn't for a while & hoped all was well.

Hugs!

Delcina