• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Take biotin. It also helps with hair growth and strength.  Other than that, welcome to the challenges all women face.  Growing up pretending to be men, we use our hands differently, without much care for our nails so you have decades of muscle memory to change in order to protect them.  I do acrylics because they are like Wolverine's claws- damn near unbreakable.  My nail tech gets so frustrated with me because I tell her I want them really short ( I can't get use to long nails- to restrictive). I tell her I just don't want to have to constantly "fix" them from all the work my hands tend to do without regard to my manicures lol.

She sees it as a waste. lol.  "don't you want them to be pretty" she always says.  

I also like them because I use to have a habit of chewing my nails and you can't do that with acrylics. At least not easily. lol

Thanks for the tip. My nails are constantly breaking. It's frustrating. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, MetaLicious said:

My secret is to keep them short.  Nails can be pretty without beig long, especially if you paint them.  I cannot stand having long nails, because I'm always in the kitchen and I hate the thought of gunk getting under my nails from food handling, or even worse: gunk from my nails getting into my food!

Happy birthday, @Jamie68!

I've seen some really long nails and wonder how the heck do they wipe after using the toilet without getting stuff under them. Seems very unsanitary to me. 

People have a knack for adapting to certain situations.

I have long nails and have no problem with sanitary issues.

I even play my guitars and banjo. 

I do use a nail brush and soap and bleach.

And also, one should always carry sanitary wipes in their purse, you never know

when you might need them.

13 minutes ago, LindaMarie said:

People have a knack for adapting to certain situations.

I have long nails and have no problem with sanitary issues.

I even play my guitars and banjo. 

I do use a nail brush and soap and bleach.

And also, one should always carry sanitary wipes in their purse, you never know

when you might need them.

👍

I have been in Al-anon for 10 years and the reason is my late wife was an alcoholic and passed away due to complications from alcoholism. I met my current(soon to be Ex) and up front she told me she was an alcoholic but was in AA and had been at that time 8 years and she introduced me to Al-anon. One of the Al-anon meeting that I attended regularly was this men’s meeting but when I moved to central Texas I was not able to attend, but thanks to covid and zoom meeting I was able to join that group again. I tell this because last night at our meeting I came out to the group as transgender and I explained that since Al-anon like AA is being true to yourself that I could no longer hide my true identity and that I needed to let them know what I was doing. As I went on explaining thing I could see this deer in the head lights look from all of them. The crazy part is that the reading last night just coincided with what was telling them. I concluded my time with saying Thank you to each of them for the friendship and that I had learned so much from them and that I loved each of them for the uniqueness they each brought to the group. Finally I said and with that since I am transitioning into women and this is a men’s meeting that this would be my last meeting with them. To say that I was blown away by their response would be a he understatement. All 11 others each told me that first off that I am still valuable member of the group and that I would always be welcome and that they felt privileged that I felt the need to tell them this about me. One member who is an ER doc said I think more for the group that he admired not only the courage to step up and tell them but that what I was doing is such a difficult path to be my true self, that he was humbled to be a part of my coming out. For me it was truly a humbling experience to see such diverse group of men be so kind and excepting. I wanted to share this with you all because no matter how much we think it may be bad it seems always to turn out way better than expected.

Hugs

Billie.   

Billie, you are a very brave woman to come out to your Al-anon group the way you did. And, it's pretty clear that they value your presence and friendship. Their support made a potentially ugly situation a place of acceptance and support. God bless you and your group for y'all's courage and acceptance.

Hugs,

Marcie

55 minutes ago, Billie75B said:

I have been in Al-anon for 10 years and the reason is my late wife was an alcoholic and passed away due to complications from alcoholism. I met my current(soon to be Ex) and up front she told me she was an alcoholic but was in AA and had been at that time 8 years and she introduced me to Al-anon. One of the Al-anon meeting that I attended regularly was this men’s meeting but when I moved to central Texas I was not able to attend, but thanks to covid and zoom meeting I was able to join that group again. I tell this because last night at our meeting I came out to the group as transgender and I explained that since Al-anon like AA is being true to yourself that I could no longer hide my true identity and that I needed to let them know what I was doing. As I went on explaining thing I could see this deer in the head lights look from all of them. The crazy part is that the reading last night just coincided with what was telling them. I concluded my time with saying Thank you to each of them for the friendship and that I had learned so much from them and that I loved each of them for the uniqueness they each brought to the group. Finally I said and with that since I am transitioning into women and this is a men’s meeting that this would be my last meeting with them. To say that I was blown away by their response would be a he understatement. All 11 others each told me that first off that I am still valuable member of the group and that I would always be welcome and that they felt privileged that I felt the need to tell them this about me. One member who is an ER doc said I think more for the group that he admired not only the courage to step up and tell them but that what I was doing is such a difficult path to be my true self, that he was humbled to be a part of my coming out. For me it was truly a humbling experience to see such diverse group of men be so kind and excepting. I wanted to share this with you all because no matter how much we think it may be bad it seems always to turn out way better than expected.

Hugs

Billie.   

Wow, that's awesome how they accepted you. I've always felt that people are generally good. I guess this is another example of it.❤

Billie, I know that must have been stressful for you.   It is good to hear how accepting the men were to you.  In my experience most people seem to be more accepting when you meet on a personal level.

2 hours ago, Billie75B said:

For me it was truly a humbling experience to see such diverse group of men be so kind and excepting. I wanted to share this with you all because no matter how much we think it may be bad it seems always to turn out way better than expected.

Wow! Thanks for sharing that! That was very moving!

1 hour ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Billie, you are a very brave woman to come out to your Al-anon group the way you did. And, it's pretty clear that they value your presence and friendship. Their support made a potentially ugly situation a place of acceptance and support. God bless you and your group for y'all's courage and acceptance.

Hugs,

Marcie

Marcie one thing I did was relate to them that it was my time in Al-anon and working with them that gave me the strength to move forward with transition and I did that to help them see that they were a big part of my transition, which they were. 

• Forum Moderator

I wanted to share this with you all because no matter how much we think it may be bad it seems always to turn out way better than expected.

Hugs

Billie.   

What a great experience @Billie75B

Thank you for sharing,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Hugs

Billie.   

That's wonderful, Billie!  It's great that they are all so supportive.

Marcie one thing I did was relate to them that it was my time in Al-anon and working with them that gave me the strength to move forward with transition and I did that to help them see that they were a big part of my transition, which they were. 

You're still brave. Trust me when I say that not every group--and their gender is immaterial--is so supportive and accepting. I'm glad they were there for you when you needed them.

The stress of everything finally got to me last night and I snapped, a little. I left a message a week ago to schedule a consult for top surgery, no call back yet. We're short staffed at work due to the holidays, I get to do the extra work. Our kitchen remodel is going slower than I want. I wanted it to be done by next weekend, I don't see it happening. I also quit vaping yesterday.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

The stress of everything finally got to me last night and I snapped, a little.

That sounds like a lot sweetie. Plastic surgeons take a minute to get back to you though. Their offices are swamped more than you think. Plus everybody is going on vacation this time of year and they're all hurting for extra hands.

Also, what the heck do you mean top surgery? I'd commit war crimes to have breasts as nice as yours. 😜

Seriously though, take a deep breath and step back. This is only for now and you're going to come out the other end just fine. This time of year is stressful on everybody.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I also quit vaping yesterday.

Probably should have waited till after the holidays to quit, or at least just cut down the dose.  That's a lot to handle all at once.

I agree with Jackie about plastic surgeons. They took forever to get back to me for bottom surgery. I finally got put on the list at number 204 about a month ago. They told me I'm only allowed to check what number I'm at every 3 months. Seems like an eternity. Hang in there, it will get better.❤️

• Forum Moderator
18 hours ago, Billie75B said:

I tell this because last night at our meeting I came out to the group as transgender and I explained that since Al-anon like AA is being true to yourself that I could no longer hide my true identity and that I needed to let them know what I was doing.

Hugs

Billie.   

Billie,

Thanks for sharing. My wife has been going to AA for 30+ I am proud of her for that. On the flip side, She has turned her AA teaching against me. that I should work a program to help me keep from being trans. I sincerely thank you. for posting this up and I will remember it for the next time she has a problem with me being true to myself.

Thanks again.

Many hugs,

Kymmie

31 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Billie,

Thanks for sharing. My wife has been going to AA for 30+ I am proud of her for that. On the flip side, She has turned her AA teaching against me. that I should work a program to help me keep from being trans. I sincerely thank you. for posting this up and I will remember it for the next time she has a problem with me being true to myself.

Thanks again.

Many hugs,

Kymmie

@KymmieL may I suggest if there is an Al-anon meeting in your area you try checking it out. the one thing that is really beleived in is being good to your self and true to who you are. What I found is that so much of Al-anon teaching goes along with the issue of my dysphoria that led me to really getting to understand except my gender dysphoria and finally starting HRT.

Billie. 

8 hours ago, Billie75B said:

@KymmieL may I suggest if there is an Al-anon meeting in your area you try checking it out. the one thing that is really beleived in is being good to your self and true to who you are. What I found is that so much of Al-anon teaching goes along with the issue of my dysphoria that led me to really getting to understand except my gender dysphoria and finally starting HRT.

Billie. 

Thanks so much, @Billie75B. Way to go. I so respect your process and sticking to the principles of the thing: "believing in yourself and your own principles." You are inspiring to me. I'm in Al-Anon, too and I've also found it a great help in my family but also in its general principles I can use in daily life and as a trans person.

Big hugs,

Davie

Hey everyone,

I had a better-ish day today. With the weather changing we've been getting flooded with calls. My supervisory gets caught up doing his thing so he's not much help. We have a field tech occasionally helping in the office but it's not his thing and aside from conducting his personal business he is just really, really slow on the phones. Our other full-time scheduler in on vacation for another week but I don't expect him to get back into the swing of things until after Christmas.

I was able to finish installing our new kitchen sink tonight. We got a touchless faucet so that added to the level of interesting. I worked a bit on getting the old tile up. Only 100sq/ft left. I still have one section of counter top to make but I was able to start getting things back together and organized. I'm also building a cabinet around the refrigerator for that finished, built-in look. Our  kitchen is small and there's only two of us (we don't need a 26 cu. ft. fridge) so we're planning to down-size the fridge in the future. I can only do so much with the cabinet until then.

13 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Also, what the heck do you mean top surgery? I'd commit war crimes to have breasts as nice as yours. 

I understand what you're saying but I need to, for me.

Good morning, All. I'm up early trying very hard to have a good attitude about things, but I do have some dread. Today I'm supposed to hear about my grant. Something that should hold my income for the next six months. So I'm nervous. But I'm practicing a positive attitude and leaping out of bed to clean the kitchen, water all the plants, work on my writing project, sign on to TGP, and hope for the best. (I hate waiting to hear back, but what can you do? I can go for a nice walk in the snow later. I can work some more. I can chat with other folks online. Call a friend. That's a plan without too much fretful waiting time planned at least. Last Thursday I was waiting for a document to arrive and just moped in bed when it didn't come on time. Not a good plan. Today will be better, he planned.

cheers,

Davie

14 hours ago, Davie said:

Thanks so much, @Billie75B. Way to go. I so respect your process and sticking to the principles of the thing: "believing in yourself and your own principles." You are inspiring to me. I'm in Al-Anon, too and I've also found it a great help in my family but also in its general principles I can use in daily life and as a trans person.

Big hugs,

Davie

@Davie Thank you so much I appreciate it. As a fellow Al-anon you will understand now that I have come out I can truly do an honest 4th step.

Billie.

13 minutes ago, Billie75B said:

an honest 4th step.

Right. Any 4th step is hard work. I always wonder if it's worth it—

except for the happy, joyous, and free part.

— Davie