• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I think it's so very unfortunate there seem to be so many people who don't really understand how incredibly difficult it can be for any lgbt+ person to come out, and how "exposed" that makes us, especially to someone we're close to. And why that close relationship means it can take more time to come out: The delay isn't emotional "distance", it's just the opposite.

Anytime I think of this topic, it always makes be think of an indie movie I saw (and loved) called "Almost Adults" from 2017 (I know it's on the TV "app" Revry, not sure where else it might be.) The movie isn't really trans-related, it's a lesbian rom-com, but at one point it does involve a young woman being deeply offended that her best friend (the closeted lesbian main character) hadn't come out to her, or took too long to tell her, or something like that. But the build-up to that moment makes it very easy IMO to sympathize with the main character, and to understand why it wasn't about lacking trust or not having a close enough relationship.

I really would love too see that sort of dynamic depicted (and depicted so well) in lots of more mainstream productions. Even if it was reframed in a non-lgbt+ context just to make that particular dynamic ("You mean a lot to me and that's why it was difficult and took time for me to tell you, especially since I was in denial myself") more approachable and digestable even to the homophobic/transphobic audience. I think it could translate very well into an addiction context, just for example.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still chipping away at our kitchen. I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked. It makes it hard needing to keep it somewhat functional during the remodel. Saturday is going to be here before I know it.

I finally got on the schedule for my top surgery consult. I ended up contacting another office since the first hadn't gotten back to me after 2 weeks. So...January of 2023. Feels like the wait is going to be forever and then from what I've heard it'll be another year after that for a surgery date. As far as doctors, I feel better about my choice, she has very good reviews.

This morning when I was getting ready I left a lipstick kiss on the bathroom mirror for my partner. She called me after lunch to give me a hard time about it until I told her I left for her since she was sleeping when I left. Surprisingly it was still there when I got home.

I also got my hair done on Sunday. Aside from fixing the color she did a keratin treatment to help battle the frizz. I admit I was skeptical at first but wow what a difference.

IMG_4880.JPG

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

no coffee this morning so drink one for me please, black and bold.  

I had to get up early to take my wife for a stress test. So here the dog and I sit, I’m the parking lot of our hospital.  She’ll probably be in there for a couple hours, although it won’t take long for her to fail once they get her on a treadmill.  But the whole point is to see what her heart and lungs are doing while she is huffing and puffing.

it’s one of those ironic things, I see a cardiologist annually, but my heart is good.  She hasn’t seen him for years yet she has the most outward issues.  I started seeing him because a cat scan saw plaque buildup in the artery in my neck.   

se la ve. (I last took French 60 some years ago so don’t criticize too much)

Nice sun rise this morning.  I’ll see what comes up as everyone else starts stirring and having coffee.

hugs

Willow

8 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm still chipping away at our kitchen. I didn't get as much done today as I would have liked. It makes it hard needing to keep it somewhat functional during the remodel. Saturday is going to be here before I know it.

I finally got on the schedule for my top surgery consult. I ended up contacting another office since the first hadn't gotten back to me after 2 weeks. So...January of 2023. Feels like the wait is going to be forever and then from what I've heard it'll be another year after that for a surgery date. As far as doctors, I feel better about my choice, she has very good reviews.

This morning when I was getting ready I left a lipstick kiss on the bathroom mirror for my partner. She called me after lunch to give me a hard time about it until I told her I left for her since she was sleeping when I left. Surprisingly it was still there when I got home.

I also got my hair done on Sunday. Aside from fixing the color she did a keratin treatment to help battle the frizz. I admit I was skeptical at first but wow what a difference.

IMG_4880.JPG

Your hair looks great. It’s about time for me to go in and get a trim.

Good Morning Y’all. 

I was back at work yesterday after a week of vacation. The moral at my post office is very low and everyone is just wiped out. It’s like working with zombies. I was pretty sad throughout most of the day and had to fight to keep the tears down. I remember when my job was fun. I have to remind myself that I only have 4 years until I’m eligible to retire. 

Please remember to empty your mailbox everyday, clear a path for delivery drivers when it snows, and provide an easy hiding place for packages that are delivered to your doorstep. Thieves won’t steal it unless it is visible from the street.

1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

The moral at my post office is very low and everyone is just wiped out. It’s like working with zombies. I was pretty sad throughout most of the day and had to fight to keep the tears down. I remember when my job was fun.

This really sucks.  I am disgusted by the way our politicians have treated the Postal Service.  I've always appreciated y'all.  The Postal Service is an institution, not a business in my opinion.

I retired from a sanitation department and spent years working weekly routes.  I always liked to see you guys out on your routes every day as well.

• Forum Moderator

Ugh.  Yesterday afternoon, I started feeling cold.  I couldn't get warm no matter how much I stoked the fire.  Then, in the evening, a headache and dizziness.  This morning, a cough.  Drat!  Every one of those symptoms is on the list for covid. 🥴  So I have a covid test booked for this afternoon.

We have been careful, but we have been in public places in the last couple of weeks.  I don't see how I would have picked up covid, but then I don't see how I would have picked up the flu either.  I picked up some bug, obviously.  Double-vaxxed for covid (booster scheduled in a couple of weeks), and vaxxed for flu.

In the meantime, we have cancelled this week's grocery shopping.

2 hours ago, Jandi said:

This really sucks.  I am disgusted by the way our politicians have treated the Postal Service.  I've always appreciated y'all.  The Postal Service is an institution, not a business in my opinion.

I retired from a sanitation department and spent years working weekly routes.  I always liked to see you guys out on your routes every day as well.

Oh, cool, I'm a public employee, too. Library in my case. Although I'm not involved in it personally, and it's nothing as much as post office or sanitation does, we do have people who do a certain amount of delivery, both across libraries and to certain patrons who are physically unable to come in themselves.

I worked for the feds for 20 years. Job Corps. 12 years teaching carpentry, 8 years working

in residential as a dorm manager and retired.

Before all that I was just a union carpenter.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Hope you're feeling better quickly.

Thanks.  I'll post when I get the results.

Met with my therapist today. During the session I expressed my concerns about the long wait time for my consult. She suggested, I don't know why I think of it, to see if I can get a consult for bottom surgery at the same time. I'm planning to make the call tomorrow to find out.

My partner gave me an extension on the deadline for the kitchen. she does have certain things she wants done by the weekend but the list is a lot smaller, more manageable and possible.

We're also going to get our second booster tomorrow. I feel wrong saying it but I kind of hope it doesn't agree with me. Between the craziness at work (due to the approaching holiday), projects at home and few other things, I'm spent and really could use a day or two in bed.

17 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

Ugh.  Yesterday afternoon, I started feeling cold.  I couldn't get warm no matter how much I stoked the fire.  Then, in the evening, a headache and dizziness.  This morning, a cough.  Drat!  Every one of those symptoms is on the list for covid. 🥴  So I have a covid test booked for this afternoon.

We have been careful, but we have been in public places in the last couple of weeks.  I don't see how I would have picked up covid, but then I don't see how I would have picked up the flu either.  I picked up some bug, obviously.  Double-vaxxed for covid (booster scheduled in a couple of weeks), and vaxxed for flu.

In the meantime, we have cancelled this week's grocery shopping.

Hope it's just a cold or something not serious. Get well quick.

4 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Met with my therapist today. During the session I expressed my concerns about the long wait time for my consult. She suggested, I don't know why I think of it, to see if I can get a consult for bottom surgery at the same time. I'm planning to make the call tomorrow to find out.

My partner gave me an extension on the deadline for the kitchen. she does have certain things she wants done by the weekend but the list is a lot smaller, more manageable and possible.

We're also going to get our second booster tomorrow. I feel wrong saying it but I kind of hope it doesn't agree with me. Between the craziness at work (due to the approaching holiday), projects at home and few other things, I'm spent and really could use a day or two in bed.

Good luck with your consult.

I just found out last night that my electrolysis lady that was supposed to get me in early January had me down for facial clearing, and she doesn't do bottom clearing. That really sucks. Now I have to find someone else. 

There's Kelly Inc in Oak Park or Precision in Wilmette & Chicago. Oak Park is closer, but Precision I think is probably better. More expensive also. Haven't figured out how I'm going to pay for this yet. I'm going to call my insurance today. I just found this site that says some Medicare Advantage plans will cover it. I have Humana Medicare Advantage. I'm crossing my fingers.  Will Medicare Cover Electrolysis? | Medicare & Medicare Advantage Info, Help and Enrollment

4 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

Hope it's just a cold or something not serious. Get well quick.

Covid has wreaked havoc at my job. It was brought in by a young woman who, while she’s diligent about her mask, was never vaccinated. Everyone who was in close contact with her, all mask wearers, got sick.

Please don’t let my little rant hide my hope that you’ll be well and that it isn’t Covid.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

got my coffee today.  

@Erica Gabriel I really don’t understand these people who don’t get vaccinated for what ever reason they put forth.  They aren’t just putting themselves at risk but all those around them.  You here stories like this all the time.  I am vaccinated and boosted and I admit I don’t wear a mask all the time.  But when I am in a place where they are required or at high risk I sure do.  I sure hope everyone is ok in the end.

today we don’t have any doctor appointments, no special errands, really no reason to go out at all.  Good day to get some things done around the boat.

With fewer people around the wildlife is coming out of hiding more.  There are three live aboards here.  A young couple that this is their home, another person that comes and goes and my wife and I who are here because we are waiting for our new home to be finished.

we have ducks, geese, cranes and otters in addition to the usual snakes, fish and gators.  Thankfully I haven’t run across any snakes.  I’m with Indiana Jones when it comes to snakes.  Gators are hibernating now so it’s only the nice wildlife.

have a great day and enjoy your coffee.

Hugs

Willow

@Willow I hope you have a great day. The mailman (who I work with and is a friend) just rang the doorbell and dropped off a package at our front door. I went out to greet him not thinking I was still in my Jammie’s. Oh the look on his face. I guess this was a different level of coming out 😂

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

Covid has wreaked havoc at my job. It was brought in by a young woman who, while she’s diligent about her mask, was never vaccinated. Everyone who was in close contact with her, all mask wearers, got sick.

Well yeah, masks protect other people from YOU. They are less effective at protecting you from mask-less spreaders.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

We had three people out with covid at the same time, when I had it. thank the goddess that mine only lasted about 48 hrs.

Nice warm shower to get the nights crud off. Couldn't get to sleep for kaka last night. Again wound up getting up for about an hour. Then getting up early for my shower. I am a glutton for punishment, I guess.

Things are about normal. Go for a mani/pedi on Friday. looking forward to it. To keep the piece I will just get a clear on my fingernails.

Hugs to all.

Kymmie

Morning, all. The coffee is being enjoyed at a blessed leisurely pace this morning as my fall semester ended yesterday. I have a couple weeks off before the next batch of students come in. I'm going to get my covid booster today. Much love to you all. 

Covid. Seems to hit home for all of us.

Wife and I had our 3 shots. We still wear our masks out. ( we have relatives that had covid, some died)

My sister won't talk to me anymore. I refuse to fly to Texas to visit her because her live in ex refuses to get vac'd. 

What is wrong with people?

I don’t get the anti-vaxxers either. I have a coworker who also refuses to get it and won’t because he will not let the government tell him what to do even if it kills him and his family. He was so happy, while on vacation in Florida, that several places had a “mask required “ sign on the door but no one wore one.  Now that he back he’s coughing a bit more than usual but says it’s just phlegm and not a Covid cough.  So glad he sits like 10 feet away from me. 

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

So glad he sits like 10 feet away from me. 

Check the ventilation in the room.  Hopefully, it's 10 ft downwind.

A lot of the anti vaccine movement is linked to conspiracy theories, mental health issues, and lack of common sense.  If they want to get Covid and suffer that's OK with me, but what about all the people they pass it on to.  It's selfish and irresponsible.

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Willow said:

I am vaccinated and boosted and I admit I don’t wear a mask all the time.  But when I am in a place where they are required or at high risk I sure do.

Me too, @Willow