• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I’ve achieved Geranium Member Status! Where’s my cake?

Didn't you read the rules?  You have to bake your own at that level!!

Hugs, Jani

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jani said:

Didn't you read the rules?  You have to bake your own at that level!!

@Erica GabrielCongratulations, on your updated status. I love that we can all be so caring and supportive, and then poke fun. The quick wit is unlimited among TransPulse members of all rankings.

@WillowYour ability to bring together our common stories, and experiences with sound advice is wonderful.

Good morning everyone,

Today my Suzie made mani-pedi appointments for us both. We're flying to Daytona Beach, FL for a week in the Sun. Well it's a work week for me, exhibiting, and teaching at the FL Hazmat Symposium. We tagged on a few day either side of the conference to have a warmer Winter break. This will be my last trade show / conference before I fully retire. I'm an elder in the Hazmat Community, and I'm following my mentors into retirement feeling like the next generation is in good hands. We here so much from "stuck in the mud curmudgeons", that kids these day (25 to 40 years of age) don't have a clue about what could happen. My retort is: If you've been a leader who picked, trained, and mentored your replacement. They should be as ready to take your place, as you are to retire. In the world of Public Safety, I'm proud to say that the next generation is on a good track, and I'm proud to know many of them. In the last couple of years, when I close a class. I look at everyone and say: Young folks, listen to the elders, Old folks slow down, let the young folks teach you about the App Store, and how to use, trust, and rely on your devices.

I've had COVID, double vaccinated, with a booster.

Hugs, (masks where required)

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Well I am officially on vacation for a week and a half! We are on the road to go see some family down in Illinois for a couple days. Pretty much entire weekend will be as Justine because f it I’m tired of pretending to be two different people. I’m a lot less concerned about my Moms because apparently the rest of the family will be there. 

@KathyLauren hope you heal up quickly. 

Pretending to be two people. Oh how so much I can relate to that.

As far as vacations, I've been on mine for 18 months now, we oldies call it retirement.

Lots of good reading here today, I hope I don't mess it up.(who, me?) lol.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, LindaMarie said:

I wear skirts and dresses. I wear make up. how others feel is their problem, I have a life also.

All I can say is don't sweat the small stuff. Bigger problems lay ahead. 

LM

Amen! Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. If, at the end of the day, no one has died because of me, governments have not fallen and economies are not in ruins, it's a good day.

Also, @Jandi, I loved "britches!" We don't hear that word used much anymore, and it has such a wonderful sound to it.

Nothing to see here. Just me watching Ginger watching cat T.V.

Today29D.jpg

I was wondering if my new medication is having

a side affect on me. I don't remember ordering this stuff.

Glad porch pirates weren't around when it came.

omg I'm getting paranoid or something like that.

kind of hungry also. See ya's 

LM.

Today29E.jpg

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy, thank you.  I don’t always have things to say other than what is going on with me, a lot of which has nothing to do with being transgender.  Just coffee talk with friends.

But, in the last days, there has been a lot of distressing things going on in many friends lives.  I saw a need and some commonality in all our situations.  Sometimes just the realization that you aren’t alone but several of us are dealing with the exact same thing helps ease the pain.  And I hope that reading about some level of success gives hope.

@Jamie68 well it’s the sending unit.  Resistance jumped from near 0, to infinite.  Mine is a European design.  Not the typical hinged float with a variable resistor.  This has a cylinder with Reed switches inside.  The Reed switches are activated by a floating magnet.  As the level changes a different switch closes and each one has a different resistance.  The fault in the design is that the fuel isn’t reading out the exact level, it jumps.  The good news is there is no open electrical circuit in the tank. The circuit is sealed inside the tube preventing explosions.

I can’t switch to a sight glass, the tank is buried under the master stateroom bed and below the cockpit.  (Below the waterline). It’s about $50 to replace the sender.  And electrical circuits are right up my alley thanks to my Air Force training.  Everything from simple DC circuits to 440volt 3 phase.  Both Analog and digital circuits. I got 21 college engineering credit hours for 9 months of tech school.

I just hope I can remove the old one. It’s been in there since the mid 80s.

willow

• Forum Moderator

@LindaMarie where are the cat snacks?  If I fad this pantry I’d gain a lot of weight back and I worked real hard to get it off.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

@Mmindy, thank you.  I don’t always have things to say other than what is going on with me, a lot of which has nothing to do with being transgender.  Just coffee talk with friends.

But, in the last days, there has been a lot of distressing things going on in many friends lives.  I saw a need and some commonality in all our situations.  Sometimes just the realization that you aren’t alone but several of us are dealing with the exact same thing helps ease the pain.  And I hope that reading about some level of success gives hope.

@Jamie68 well it’s the sending unit.  Resistance jumped from near 0, to infinite.  Mine is a European design.  Not the typical hinged float with a variable resistor.  This has a cylinder with Reed switches inside.  The Reed switches are activated by a floating magnet.  As the level changes a different switch closes and each one has a different resistance.  The fault in the design is that the fuel isn’t reading out the exact level, it jumps.  The good news is there is no open electrical circuit in the tank. The circuit is sealed inside the tube preventing explosions.

I can’t switch to a sight glass, the tank is buried under the master stateroom bed and below the cockpit.  (Below the waterline). It’s about $50 to replace the sender.  And electrical circuits are right up my alley thanks to my Air Force training.  Everything from simple DC circuits to 440volt 3 phase.  Both Analog and digital circuits. I got 21 college engineering credit hours for 9 months of tech school.

I just hope I can remove the old one. It’s been in there since the mid 80s.

willow

At least you know how. I learned some things from my dad. He taught electronics. I remember him telling me how he had to debug the computer in the navy by actually pulling the bugs out of the contacts. He showed me how to test each element in TV tubes. I watched him slam tubes on the kitchen table to break loose buildup on elements. I learned that 480 v 3 ph has a high leg on my own hooking up a new machine at work. Only burned up one drill luckily. 

Good luck with your project 👍

Just now, Jamie68 said:

At least you know how. I learned some things from my dad. He taught electronics. I remember him telling me how he had to debug the computer in the navy by actually pulling the bugs out of the contacts. He showed me how to test each element in TV tubes. I watched him slam tubes on the kitchen table to break loose buildup on elements. I learned that 480 v 3 ph has a high leg on my own hooking up a new machine at work. Only burned up one drill luckily. 

Good luck with your project 👍

Oh,  I also learned about how you can have voltage on a 3 ph line that you disconnected because there was another cable running right next to it for 150 feet. I always check with a meter before I touch anything. Learned that the hard way on a job site where I had to reinstall an electric furnace. The general contractor said the power was off. I have a hole burned through my leather tool pouch to prove he was wrong. 

Got my first covid vaccination today at Walgreens. Of course they dead named me, even after I corrected my name, gender and phone number on the form.

I had to have them make out a new vaxx card. The shot barely hurt. I have been told it really hurts. Got the Moderna one. 

• Forum Moderator
21 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Sure, but trans people... don't. Not when we're in the closet anyway. I think our spouses get used to how we are when we're in denial and hate ourselves just SO much that we always put others first. Then when our egg cracks, we're suddenly "selfish" because we don't make our SOs the absolute center of our universe anymore and want things for ourselves.

Self-love for trans people can be kind of a struggle sometimes.

Hugs!

You must be talking about me. This so describes me it isn't funny.  Not a struggle but an all out WWIII. Nukes and all.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
57 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

You must be talking about me. This so describes me it isn't funny.  Not a struggle but an all out WWIII. Nukes and all.

Kymmie

Well it's MY experience anyway. It's weird wanting things that aren't just meant to distract me from how miserable I am. Well, was. Wanting things to improve MY situation is still very shiny.

Hugs!

2 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Well it's MY experience anyway. It's weird wanting things that aren't just meant to distract me from how miserable I am. Well, was. Wanting things to improve MY situation is still very shiny.

Hugs!

This thread makes me realize how unique my marriage is. Well, it’s more of a partnership at me moment where we kiss, hold hands, and hug. We’ve always let each other do our own thing. The biggest issue with me coming out is not selfishness. I am a bit self absorbed right now and we both find humor in it, but she struggles with trust; the fear that I’m going to drop another bombshell and leave her for a 🤮 man. 

• Forum Moderator
15 minutes ago, Erica Gabriel said:

This thread makes me realize how unique my marriage is. Well, it’s more of a partnership at me moment where we kiss, hold hands, and hug. We’ve always let each other do our own thing. The biggest issue with me coming out is not selfishness. I am a bit self absorbed right now and we both find humor in it, but she struggles with trust; the fear that I’m going to drop another bombshell and leave her for a 🤮 man. 

Oh, I've had that discussion. I keep reminding her that men SMELL gross. I do not like men. I do not like the way they act. I am not romantically attracted to them in any way. I tend to forget their names once they are out of my sight. Running off with a man is never going to happen.

Then she goes off about how I'm going to run off with a pretty young woman now that I've put all the work into myself. 

Sigh.

Hugs!

39 minutes ago, Erica Gabriel said:

but she struggles with trust; the fear that I’m going to drop another bombshell and leave her for a 🤮 man.

I can relate to this for sure. Thankfully, she's pretty much done feeling this way.

• Forum Moderator

Good Saturday morning 

waiting for the storm to hit tonight.  Not the one being discussed be a weather storm.  

@Erica Gabriel I am so happy for you and your relationship with your significant other.  Most f us deal with  @Jackie C. ‘s description or at least we have to find our way to negotiate, no bad choice of words, navigate our way through all the significant others demands or rants.  I’ve been through that, at least twice.  The original self questioning, self doubt, and figuring it out.  Then again last summer when my life caved in on me and I had to start all over again.  

Yes, I get told everything is all about me.  I buy way more clothes.  I don’t need anymore clothes.  I spend too much money on medications.  

Now, since we went all through this before, the only thing I still get is “l know that your are going to do more.”  Referring to vaginoplasty. I had to explain to her that that would be next to impossible considering I made sure the surgeon didn’t leave enough skin down there to make that possible.

ok there may be one more surgery out in the distant future, a breast augmentation, but I’m not going to admit that to her until I feel it’s necessary.  And with the bra I’m wearing, it isn’t.

anyway, this is another point of general commonality in our lives.

Some get through it scratched and bruised but many get beaten.  Few go through this un scathed.

We are going out ahead of the storm to do some shopping.  Not grocery, retail therapy.

Willow

Good morning everyone.

The war on boobs is currently at a cease-fire but neither side is willing to budge so it's most likely just temporary. I am however, as of last night, back in our bedroom. I did voice my objections to it but feel that if I conceded it would show that I am willing to negotiate.

I had my in-laws over for dinner last night. I didn't bother changing my outfit from work so comparatively speaking I was way over dressed but it was my birthday dinner so..... My BIL's GF got me a cute little frosted bunt cake. It was a frosted with a party hat on top and a few other decoration. They did sing to me and I was concerned she was going to dead name me in song but she didn't. Rest of the night went well. Everyone stayed a lot longer then I had anticipated. I get up at 5am so by 9-10pm I'm ready to turn back into a pumpkin.

I've been seeing a lot of posts of social media for #10yearchallenge so around lunch time, yesterday, I decided to throw my hat in the ring for consideration. The response is pretty overwhelming. Initially I posted it on a small FB trans page and got a couple likes which is how I thought it would go. A mod from another FB trans page re-posted it to their group. In less than 24 hours my glow-up is at almost 400 likes. I guess I've changed a lot more then I think.

Last tid-bit.

At work, I always introduce myself on the phone to customers. It's the right thing to do and probably helps with misgendering due to my not quite fem voice but one of my calls just got weird.

Customer: Thank you very much for your help sir. What's your name again?

(happens a lot)

Me: Elizabeth.

Customer: Oh, I'm so sorry.

(pretty much no one apologizes)

Me: That's OK, it happens.

(at this point people usually let it go)

Customer: No, I'm really sorry.....I can hear the femininity in your voice. I don't know what I was thinking.

(why oh why did he feel he needed to go that extra mile?)

Me: ..........Thank you sir, have a great day.

(I think I thanked him for misgendering me and stumbling to fix it)

3 hours ago, Erica Gabriel said:

the fear that I’m going to drop another bombshell and leave her for a 🤮 man. 

There's still a little bit of this going on too even though I explained I don't feel the need to go as in depth 😉 with gcs as other women.

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

that men SMELL gross. I do not like men. I do not like the way they act. I am not romantically attracted to them in any way. I tend to forget their names once they are out of my sight. Running off with a man is never going to happen.

Then she goes off about how I'm going to run off with a pretty young woman now that I've put all the work into myself. 

Sigh.

Sounds like most of my reasons and hers but hey, life's gamble.

Snow headed this way, took care of the basement cats.

Even the blue tub is full of cat food.

True, the cats love hanging out in the basement with me,

I wonder why they are so hungry when the smoke clears?

Today29F.jpg

3 hours ago, LindaMarie said:

Snow headed this way, took care of the basement cats.

Even the blue tub is full of cat food.

True, the cats love hanging out in the basement with me,

I wonder why they are so hungry when the smoke clears?

Today29F.jpg

They probably don't eat much when they sense danger, and when it's safe load up again. I know I'm not near as agile with a full stomach. 

Good morning/afternoon, everyone. It is already pass 1pm but I still feel motivated to do somethings today. I am trying to set my schedule for next week and also look at more resources for when I finally buy a binder. ⛅

So today was another business meeting. Another reason to dress up! YEEEY!!

Cats done, office cleared out, etc.  

All business is conducted in the basement office.

Does not matter if my business, my spouse's business, or business between spouse and I.

No business upstairs!!!  Well, we do have 4 dogs up there so there is a lot of business going on up there, but back to topic.

Spouse and I own property surrounding our house. All lots have w.s.e. ready.

3 rental lots total,

Well, this was it. I am done! 

Real a state people wanting to rent or buy.

I just flat out told them I do not need the money,

and sure as hell don't want the neighbors.

And that was my day.

I might add, a wonderful day it was.

LM.

20220115_160453.jpg

20220115_160954.jpg

20220115_161004.jpg

20220115_161020.jpg

40 minutes ago, LindaMarie said:

So today was another business meeting. Another reason to dress up! YEEEY!!

Cats done, office cleared out, etc.  

All business is conducted in the basement office.

Does not matter if my business, my spouse's business, or business between spouse and I.

No business upstairs!!!  Well, we do have 4 dogs up there so there is a lot of business going on up there, but back to topic.

Spouse and I own property surrounding our house. All lots have w.s.e. ready.

3 rental lots total,

Well, this was it. I am done! 

Real a state people wanting to rent or buy.

I just flat out told them I do not need the money,

and sure as hell don't want the neighbors.

And that was my day.

I might add, a wonderful day it was.

LM.

20220115_160453.jpg

20220115_160954.jpg

20220115_161004.jpg

20220115_161020.jpg

Don't blame you. Looks awesome.