Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.


KymmieL

Recommended Posts

I'm going to start electrolysis for bottom surgery soon. I don't want to have any body odors. What worked for you? 

Link to comment
  • Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Willow

    2053

  • KymmieL

    1660

  • Mmindy

    1397

  • Ivy

    1198

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liz, I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's good that you have your brother with you at this difficult time.  I'm very spiritual and I'm sure what you described was a message.  Our loved ones have a way of letting us know they are ok. 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

for awhile lately I've been getting the impression she's been privately dealing with some difficult things

Same

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Good morning,

 

coffee was a definite need this morning.  I have some projects to take care of today. Take the alternator out of my Ford and have it tested.  Then if it’s bad I’ll replace it.  If it isn’t the alternator then it’s going to get expensive to fix and that’s not going to happen. Not going to put significant money into an 18 year old beater.

 

The boat I salvaged my engine and air conditioner out of was hauled away yesterday.  Glad to be rid of the responsibility for it.  SCDNR took it off my hands and had it scrapped.  I am so thankful that they started this program.

 

boat projects include getting power to my new helm.  Adding support to the underside so no one pushes on it and accidentally breaks it. Right now it’s rather vulnerable, and where it’s located someone WILL grab it to steady themselves.  I also want to add duplicate warning lights for engine issues.  Overheat, low oil pressure, charging etc.  Lastly I am going to install a second VHF radio at the helm.  The primary is below and I can’t hear it or anything else so having one where I’ll be when sailing is important to me.  It won’t have the range of the main one.  I have a main antenna on top of the mast for it, 43 feet above the water.  This one will only be ten feet above the water so the range will be reduced.  
 

I have an appointment Friday for a Botox injection in my throat.  My wife won’t go into the procedure room with me.  For her seeing a needle being pushed into my vocal cords gets to her.  For me it’s just something that has to be done.  I’m going to ask if the frequency can be increased.  Three months is too long, for a month now ive been having frequent spasms.  Two months would have been perfect.

 

sorry about the length of this, I know not everyone likes to read long posts.

 

hugs

 

Willow

 

 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

for awhile lately I've been getting the impression she's been privately dealing with some difficult things
 

i think if you read some of her posts around the time that she went too far for this site, she had a lot going on.  It was never clear to me if her wife had kicked her out (banished to the basement) or not.  Then there was the proposed sale of land.  Lots of things going on there.  We will never know beyond her final rant.  I hope she’s ok.

Link to comment
  • Root Admin

We suspect it may have been an alcohol problem. At times she'd be ok and at other times, she'd be off the wall. We try to keep this site a safe and friendly place for all of our members. Whatever the cause of her behavior, we couldn't allow her to continue. 

 

MaryEllen

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Willow said:

have an appointment Friday for a Botox injection in my throat.  My wife won’t go into the procedure room with me.  For her seeing a needle being pushed into my vocal cords gets to her.  For me it’s just something that has to be done.  I’m going to ask if the frequency can be increased.  Three months is too long, for a month now ive been having frequent spasms.  Two months would have been perfect.

 

In all fairness to your wife, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I could watch that either. I'm shuddering just thinking about it. Nope. Nope. Nope.

 

Hugs!

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Anymore things like that make me squeamish.  Where it never did before. Same with heights,  used to never bother me now. My stomach reacts to some heights on pictures/videos. 

 

Kymmie 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
38 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Anymore things like that make me squeamish.  Where it never did before. Same with heights,  used to never bother me now. My stomach reacts to some heights on pictures/videos. 

 

Kymmie 

 

I've always been afraid of heights too. Weirdly, I am no longer afraid of spiders.

 

Hugs!

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Well @Jackie C. and @KymmieL no worries.  The doctors office called and canceled.  The doctor is ill.  What you have to understand is that this is all related to my throat cancer. She injects lidocaine first so while I feel the pushing I don’t actually feel the needle or the injections and I can’t see it.  So to be not only is it no big deal, but it brings me relief so bring it on!

 

But, I can understand someone being squeamish but these days I’m past that.  If my 6 year old granddaughter could go through what she went through with no complaints, who am I to complain.  Is all relevant.

 

live you girls

 

Willow

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I'm going to start electrolysis for bottom surgery soon. I don't want to have any body odors. What worked for you? 

No one responded to this. May have been too personal. If so, I'm sorry. I found this at Walmart. Think I'll try it. I don't have an abnormal problem by the way, just don't want to offend anyone working on me. Kind of like what your mom told you when you were little, "always wear clean underwear when you go to the doctor"

odor block.jpg

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

No one responded to this. May have been too personal. If so, I'm sorry. I found this at Walmart. Think I'll try it. I don't have an abnormal problem by the way, just don't want to offend anyone working on me. Kind of like what your mom told you when you were little, "always wear clean underwear when you go to the doctor"

odor block.jpg

My electrologist lady complains about smelly cracks. This looks like a good product.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Erica Gabriel said:

My electrologist lady complains about smelly cracks. This looks like a good product.

Thanks 👍

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

Thanks 👍

You know, if I had to work on that area for a living, I would have an exhaust fan inlet right under the area kind of what we used for welding. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

I don't have an abnormal problem by the way, just don't want to offend anyone working on me. Kind of like what your mom told you when you were little, "always wear clean underwear when you go to the doctor"

My electrologist told us about a lady who keeps ferrets as pets and said she has a gag response whenever she has to work on her because the smell clings to her clothes! I hope she wasn’t trying to tell me something! I was wearing clean underwear!

Link to comment

Putting this on my watch list.

 

Jan. 25, 2022, 2:37 PM PST
By Variety

Barbara Gordon has officially found her roommate.

Ivory Aquino (“Tales of the City,” “When We Rise”) has been cast in the HBO Max feature film “Batgirl” as Alysia Yeoh, the best friend of the titular superhero, a.k.a. Barbara Gordon (Leslie Grace).

 

Both Aquino and Yeoh are transgender, marking the first time a live-action feature film adaptation of a DC Comics title will feature an openly trans character. Yeoh first appeared in a 2011 issue of “Batgirl” written by Gail Simone and penciled by Ardian Syaf.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Aggie1 said:

My electrologist told us about a lady who keeps ferrets as pets and said she has a gag response whenever she has to work on her because the smell clings to her clothes! I hope she wasn’t trying to tell me something! I was wearing clean underwear!

That's BAD. People get used to their own smells. I didn't realize I had any kind of smell "down there" till I was on HRT. I know a retired massage therapist who would light sage in the room to assure a good atmosphere in both senses of the word.

Link to comment

Well, the 24 hour odor block didn't work. I used it before bed last night and woke up this morning with a chemical smell, like the cottinelle personal wipes do. The Vagisil personal cleansing wipes works better. (Lilac) scent. I guess I'll have to Google it. 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
57 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

Well, the 24 hour odor block didn't work. I used it before bed last night and woke up this morning with a chemical smell, like the cottinelle personal wipes do. The Vagisil personal cleansing wipes works better. (Lilac) scent. I guess I'll have to Google it. 

 

I've used summer breeze, but that's mostly because it's what my surgeon gave me after GCS.

 

Hugs!

Link to comment

Good morning everyone.

Every day I get better and things get easier. Having my brother here for the last few days has really helped but I know I have to move forward. I don't know what to do with myself now that I have a lot of free time. I did run into an issue with our bank account that created the need for me to open a new one. Since our bank was so small and we had been with them for so long they know a lot of what has been going on in our lives. Although they seem ok knowing I'm trans, I still have the desire to only be seen as just another woman. Yesterday I ended up opening a new account elsewhere.

 

The personal banker I met with asked me some basic yet friendly questions about what brings me there. Not really wanting to go into detail I just explained that my partner passed away and I was struggling with seeing her name on the account. That opened the door for idle chit-chat while she worked. Honestly, it was really nice. If I was working with a guy it probably would have been done 10 minutes; it ended up taking around 45. When she was enter my name into the system she noticed that my middle name is Star and asked if I prefer that over Elizabeth. All I could say is that I'd never been asked that before. I'm sure I got clocked as a lesbian pretty quick since I got to hear about how she dated a woman for five years but is now pregnant and with a man. Apparently her and a close friend have a thing with talking about how dumb guys can be. the small talk just went on for so long. I loved every minute of it and doubt it would have been nearly as engaging if I was a guy.

 

In the evening my brother and I decided to go out for dinner. It took a while to find a place with an open dining room. we ended up at a local Italian restaurant. A dimly lit dining area with a candle on the table, I thought OMG this feels like I'm on a date. As we ate I realized that although we knew what was really going on our sever probably ha her own thoughts. So when the bill came she put it in front of my brother. I quickly snatched it up, looked at the server and said  can buy my brother dinner once in a while. Even though she didn't say anything I could see that 'now I get it' look on her face.

 

I know it's only been a few days but I do feel the need to start trying to get back to a normal life. Well..., as normal as it can be at least. The world doesn't stop turning and I know I'll have my moments but I'll work through the feelings and pick up the pieces as I go. I'm going to try getting back to work tomorrow. Even if I only make it a few hours it's still a step forward.

 

I need something to do with my time so I'm going to look for a local lgbt group to meet with.  Just somewhere I can go to meet and hang out with people.

 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

That sounds really healthy @Elizabeth Star. I'm glad you're making an effort to move along. I highly recommend finding a lesbian group or three to hook up with. I'm part of several and I've never felt more accepted or at peace.

 

Hugs!

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

That sounds really healthy @Elizabeth Star. I'm glad you're making an effort to move along. I highly recommend finding a lesbian group or three to hook up with. I'm part of several and I've never felt more accepted or at peace.

 

Hugs!

I'm gonna be honest. I have no idea how to find a lesbian specific group. Google is not being very helpful.

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
Just now, Elizabeth Star said:

I'm gonna be honest. I have no idea how to find a lesbian specific group. Google is not being very helpful.

 

My suggestion is to try either Meetups or hit up your local LGBTQ+ center. Both have been very helpful.

 

Hugs!

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning everyone.

Every day I get better and things get easier. Having my brother here for the last few days has really helped but I know I have to move forward. I don't know what to do with myself now that I have a lot of free time. I did run into an issue with our bank account that created the need for me to open a new one. Since our bank was so small and we had been with them for so long they know a lot of what has been going on in our lives. Although they seem ok knowing I'm trans, I still have the desire to only be seen as just another woman. Yesterday I ended up opening a new account elsewhere.

 

The personal banker I met with asked me some basic yet friendly questions about what brings me there. Not really wanting to go into detail I just explained that my partner passed away and I was struggling with seeing her name on the account. That opened the door for idle chit-chat while she worked. Honestly, it was really nice. If I was working with a guy it probably would have been done 10 minutes; it ended up taking around 45. When she was enter my name into the system she noticed that my middle name is Star and asked if I prefer that over Elizabeth. All I could say is that I'd never been asked that before. I'm sure I got clocked as a lesbian pretty quick since I got to hear about how she dated a woman for five years but is now pregnant and with a man. Apparently her and a close friend have a thing with talking about how dumb guys can be. the small talk just went on for so long. I loved every minute of it and doubt it would have been nearly as engaging if I was a guy.

 

In the evening my brother and I decided to go out for dinner. It took a while to find a place with an open dining room. we ended up at a local Italian restaurant. A dimly lit dining area with a candle on the table, I thought OMG this feels like I'm on a date. As we ate I realized that although we knew what was really going on our sever probably ha her own thoughts. So when the bill came she put it in front of my brother. I quickly snatched it up, looked at the server and said  can buy my brother dinner once in a while. Even though she didn't say anything I could see that 'now I get it' look on her face.

 

I know it's only been a few days but I do feel the need to start trying to get back to a normal life. Well..., as normal as it can be at least. The world doesn't stop turning and I know I'll have my moments but I'll work through the feelings and pick up the pieces as I go. I'm going to try getting back to work tomorrow. Even if I only make it a few hours it's still a step forward.

 

I need something to do with my time so I'm going to look for a local lgbt group to meet with.  Just somewhere I can go to meet and hang out with people.

 

Sounds to me like you're handling this pretty well. I hope you really are. I wish I had advice for you other than to keep busy. Please be safe. Might be a good time to take a class or start a new hobby. Hang in there. We're here for you. 💜

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

Sounds to me like you're handling this pretty well. I hope you really are. I wish I had advice for you other than to keep busy. Please be safe. Might be a good time to take a class or start a new hobby. Hang in there. We're here for you. 💜

I am honestly doing better. Losing her didn't come as a surprise to anyone. She had been sick with PAH for many years. She was initially diagnosed with Group 5: (Pulmonary Hypertension Due to Unknown Causes) at the end of 2018 and it wasn't until last year that it was determined that she was actually group 1 and lung transplant would fix it. By this point she was so tired. Tired of the meds making her sick, tired of not being able to go out and have fun, tired of hiding from covid and just tired of not having a life. We cried so much over the years knowing the end was relatively near and even if she got the transplant it would have been a constant battle to survive for a minimal gain. she's finally at peace, no more pain and suffering.

 

As far as hobbies and stuff. I'm still trying to figure out what I actually do and don't like. I've realized that a lot of what I did was nothing more than a hyper-masculine cover. For now I'm exploring my new world.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

    • Mmindy
    • MaeBe
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • VickySGV
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Jet McCartney
    • Susie
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   2 members

    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Mmindy

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      80.8k
    • Total Posts
      770.4k
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      12,111
    • Most Online
      8,356

    SimplyMadeloeine
    Newest Member
    SimplyMadeloeine
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. austin_4
      austin_4
      (17 years old)
    2. Britany_Relia
      Britany_Relia
      (39 years old)
    3. Emily S
      Emily S
      (67 years old)
    4. Hoof Arted
      Hoof Arted
      (22 years old)
    5. n3eeko
      n3eeko
  • Posts

    • Lydia_R
      Totally!  I started HRT 21 months ago.  I'm 53yo now.  I mostly did not want the feminine genes of my family to take me over.  I told my doctor I wanted athletic breasts.  She has kept me on fairly low doses and I'm avoiding progesterone so far.   It's mostly mental for me.  Taking the pressure off from not having erections is soothing and changes my thinking.  I just want that stuff gone.  I had fun with it, but I'm over it.   I'm extremely happy with what has happened with my breasts.  Perhaps it took more than a year, but they have a feminine, athletic appearance now.  I don't notice changes in the rest of my body.  I've always enjoyed being thin and straight and have no desire for curves.  I can dig that butch with a feminine touch look.  I was upset at cutting my hair, but I'm liking it now.   It's fun to see all these young transwomen in my environment.  Everyone has their own style and the younger generation has a style of their own compared to us older people.   OK, back to baking a pie and doing some knitting....
    • Jani
      Quite the pairings!
    • Ivy
      I have one daughter who is left handed.  But she is fairly ambidextrous.  Apparently you have to be.
    • Ivy
      The time I spent "on the street" was mostly in the woods.  I dislike cities.  Even now my "bathroom" is out in the back yard, and has been for years.  When you're used to it, it's not so bad.  Helps one keep up with the seasons. I have no desire to live on the street in a city. Most of my adult kids live in cities.  It's nice enough for a visit, but I still prefer the country.
    • Jet McCartney
      ambidextrous in all areas haha
    • Ladypcnj
      It's amazing how we can use either hand to write with, not too many people can do that.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Y'all be holding pencils like left handed people but I just hold my pens/pencils in ways that make people go "what the actual [squid]"
    • Ladypcnj
      Hi Ivy, I can relate to that holding my pencil in my left hand although I'm right-handed.
    • EasyE
      So I am two months into E therapy as of this week. What can I say? I am now a busty blond supermodel who doesn't look a day over 25. This stuff is amazing!   OK, so I exaggerate, lol ... Seriously, the effects have been subtle so far. I would say very slight "plumping" in the chest region. More pronounced feelings at times (especially anger, which I don't necessarily like). The downstairs feels ... different...  I can tell something is going on to affect that region. Things come and go. I do feel overall ... different. Still dealing with fatigue though not as much as last week...   Back story: I had treatment for head and neck cancer 20 years ago. One surgery removed a tumor in my lymph nodes. They took out a whole bunch of stuff from my neck that was anywhere close to the tumor, including part of my shoulder muscle on the left side. Since then, my shoulders are lopsided and things (i.e. my chest) tend to sag on that side. I have long joked that I had a "uni-boob". Well, maybe the other side is going to catch up a little? Right now, I wouldn't pass for female upstairs except for the uni-boob (and the fact that I keep everything shaved).    I nearly quit HRT last week. I have been pretty discouraged overall with my life, career, relationships, direction. I feel pretty rudderless at times, and nothing seems to be going anywhere. For a day, I just felt like HRT was going to add to the misery: who is going to want a "man with boobs" (I still really crave the affections of a female, which is why a lot of this is very confusing). But those feelings seemed to have passed or at least are on simmer... For now I will keep going.    I just don't think I can ever give up wanting to dress female or desiring to have a more feminine body shape. Where that leads, who the heck knows... What a strange life this is turning out to be ...
    • Lydia_R
      I've been feeling for decades about how completely awful the bathroom situation is in America.  We have these portable restrooms all over the place in the cities with people coming to empty them but there is a sewer right underneath them.  When I lived on the streets, at night if I had to go, I often walked 12 blocks to a portable restroom only to find that it is locked and then I would scour the city for a 20oz coke bottle to pee in.  It was sad when society had to fight stupid people making restrooms in parks unsafe.  It seems like things were better in the 70's.
    • Lydia_R
      Totally.   Coffee is too expensive this morning, but last month I hunted down some nice ginger and had that stored well in the meat drawer of my fridge that I don't use for meat.  Made a nice pot of ginger tea and played piano while it was boiling.   D-7  Bbmaj7  G-7  Bbmaj7  A7#9  repeat the cycle   Cmaj  Emin  Amin G  F  C/E (or is it E-?)  D (lydian!)  G   Fun stuff.  The Navy had me playing Jamiroquai's High Times on bass around South America.  Fun bass line on a 5 string bass!  I played it for the first time in 25 years the other day.  Sure was fun!  Not too into the lyrics.  Jay Kay is wonderfully melodic though.   Put on Allentown, sitting at my computer.  Someone has to do this work.  I can't really afford it, but I need a battery for my watch with hands.  I'm likely going to ride the bus there because I'm working on healing my feet.  I hate the bus, but this guy at that store can replace the battery in 20 seconds.  I'm lost without my watch.  My stupid clock in the kitchen went on "power saver" mode and the clock goes to sleep.  Not a good way to cook.  I use my watch for all kinds of things though.  I've got my old men's Timex on the ear of the stained glass owl in the entry.  It has a dead bat too.
    • Vidanjali
      "In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer." -Albert Camus   "Let nothing disturb you, nothing frighten you, all things are passing, God is unchanging. Patience gains all; nothing is lacking to those who have God: God alone suffices." -St. Teresa of Avila
    • Lydia_R
      Happy Monday!  The cycle of it all....
    • Ivy
      I wonder about this sometimes.  If it were so, they would be in their 50's by now. It's not impossible.   Guess I'm a girl with a past.
    • Ivy
      Just a casserole with macaroni and leftover hamburger.  It will last me a couple of days or more. I frequently use my wok, but in the kitchen.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.
×
×
  • Create New...