• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Soooo, I was late for work this morning...  I usually don't need an alarm clock but I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Ever notice you never have insomnia when it's time to get up in the morning.  Anyway, I slept through my alarm, woke up in a panic and made morning happen!  Got into the truck with just enough time to make it about five min late, no big deal.  I breathed a sigh of relief, put my keys in the ignition, hand on the steering wheel...  and my heart sank as I noticed my purple fingernails, which I have to admit do clash with my ginger complexion.  I know, i know, I should stick to the bluer side of the spectrum but it's sooo pretty and no one will see but me.   Needless to say, I was more than 5 minutes late.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
8 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I took the plunge and met with an lgbt group this evening. I was a little worried it was going to be overly male dominated but much to my surprise it wasn't. Half men, half women (8 people including me) and thankfully there was another transwoman there. Being that today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day the topic seemed to dominate the conversions. I find it interesting that they meet at 7pm on Thursdays. It was the same day and time that I was seeing my other therapist. They appear to be a good group of people and I plan to go back next week.

Yeah, that pretty much depends on the group. I have some that are split up the middle and a couple that are strictly lesbians.

The one I'm going to tomorrow morning (I've got two groups tomorrow plus hanging out with some friends planned) is strictly lesbians (but inclusive). During the first meeting, the moderator said, "I know like two trans women." I interrupted and said, "Three." We've been fast friends ever since.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Liz I think it will be good to slowly work back into work.  Good idea.

Rhonda, I guess I never thought about answering female on registration forms.  If it’s available I usually answer “other” or “prefer no to answer”.  But, your Endocrinologist’s answer would be appropriate.  I don’t have any testosterone and my estrogen levels are normal for a woman.

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist next week, I’ll see what he says and post it here as well.

we are supposed to see the big east coast storm tonight into the morning.  No advisory, at least not yet but we could see a tensy tiny bit of snow.  Mostly rain and wind.  The further north clearly the worse it gets. Stay safe if you are in the path.  

I bought some epoxy putty yesterday for a repair. As I was kneading it, it got warm and went off.  Hard before I could use it.  I never had that happen before.  Now I have to get more and work it on to the repair much quicker.

I need to go to my hardware store and get that and a couple screws for today’s projects. 

Have a good day, and east coasters stay safe.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I took the plunge and met with an lgbt group this evening. I was a little worried it was going to be overly male dominated but much to my surprise it wasn't. Half men, half women (8 people including me) and thankfully there was another transwoman there. Being that today is International Holocaust Remembrance Day the topic seemed to dominate the conversions. I find it interesting that they meet at 7pm on Thursdays. It was the same day and time that I was seeing my other therapist. They appear to be a good group of people and I plan to go back next week.

I did manage to get out to work around lunch time. Not to work but to say "hi" to everyone before I try to come back tomorrow. I had gotten my partner a job there when we met and she was there for 4 years so there were a lot of tears and hugs. I'm not scheduled to work but they're happy to let me come in and see if I can handle it. I usually live by the seat of my pants but no I feel like I really need to get some semblance of a routine going.

That's great Lizzy. 🙏🏻💖🙏🏻

• Forum Moderator

I normally answer under sex: yes please. LOL seriously, being I am legally listed as F on my DL. I answer F. When I went to the urgent care for my foot. it was a paper form so I filled out next to male: born. Next to female: Identify as.

Has a little me time this morning, hope to do it at least once a week. Showered. shaved body. worked on my out of control eyebrows. plucked the nasty hairs around my ears. moisturized face, then shaved said face. feel great.

The wife walked in from work yesterday. took one look at me still in my PJs. got a disgusted look and proceeded to get on my case because I didn't work on the heater switch in her car. I told her that it was a little cold. @ 5 degrees yesterday. I do holey believe she expected me to be out there working on it. I think she expects me to dropped everything  and call in to/ leave work when she has a problem with her car. 

Then Monday I get home from work, she says I don't think that switch will work. come to find out she was out there trying to fix it herself.  I didn't want a argument so I didn't tell her, that could have screwed something up.

Tuesday, I come home. Everything is going OK with us. Then someone flipped a switch in her and she ignored me the rest of the night, seeming upset about something. At times I am surprised that we have stayed married for over 36 yrs.

Have a great day everyone. I have an appointment with my therapist at noon.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, Ticket For Epic said:

Soooo, I was late for work this morning...  I usually don't need an alarm clock but I haven't been sleeping well lately.  Ever notice you never have insomnia when it's time to get up in the morning.  Anyway, I slept through my alarm, woke up in a panic and made morning happen!  Got into the truck with just enough time to make it about five min late, no big deal.  I breathed a sigh of relief, put my keys in the ignition, hand on the steering wheel...  and my heart sank as I noticed my purple fingernails, which I have to admit do clash with my ginger complexion.  I know, i know, I should stick to the bluer side of the spectrum but it's sooo pretty and no one will see but me.   Needless to say, I was more than 5 minutes late.

Good morning, and yes. Waking up late really gets the blood pumping. As for the nail polish... I'm not out to anyone except my wife, grown children, and folks here on the World Wide Web. Two weeks ago, my wife made appointments for us to have mani-pedis which was the Friday before we left for Daytona Beach, FL. Sounds like a great Winter getaway, but I was going there to teach at the Florida Hazmat Symposium. My polish of choice was a light skin tone, and no one made a comment about my nails except for my business partner on the last night there. My wife and I were sitting at the hotel bar, and I was drinking a Bee Hive Honey Whisky Marti, when my business partner came up. Asking who was drinking the foofoo drink? I replied that it was mine, and he should try it. He shook his head ordered his drink, and we talked about the success of the conference, and sales contacts made for the 2022 year. About three drinks in he asks. ARE YOUR FINGERNAILS PAINTED? My reply was yes, they are. Suzie and I went for mani-pedis last week, and I chose to cover up my blue collar mechanic nails. He just shook his head. No one else made mention of it all week, and I'm sure many noticed it.

You be you, and let the World deal with it. 💅🏻💅🏻

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

we are supposed to see the big east coast storm tonight into the morning.  No advisory, at least not yet but we could see a tensy tiny bit of snow.  Mostly rain and wind.  The further north clearly the worse it gets. Stay safe if you are in the path. 

That would be us.  Warnings are up.  The storm is supposed to "bomb" as it arrives, so a bad one.  We have had one every weekend this month.  The generator is gassed up, and we have a neighbour who has volunteered to start it for us.  I can't do stuff like that for a while.  Another neighbour will blow out the driveway.  Lots of flashlight batteries on hand, and the Coleman stove is at the ready.

As long as the Internet doesn't go out, we are good.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

Liz I think it will be good to slowly work back into work.  Good idea.

Rhonda, I guess I never thought about answering female on registration forms.  If it’s available I usually answer “other” or “prefer no to answer”.  But, your Endocrinologist’s answer would be appropriate.  I don’t have any testosterone and my estrogen levels are normal for a woman.

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist next week, I’ll see what he says and post it here as well.

I bought some epoxy putty yesterday for a repair. As I was kneading it, it got warm and went off.  Hard before I could use it.  I never had that happen before.  Now I have to get more and work it on to the repair much quicker.

I need to go to my hardware store and get that and a couple screws for today’s projects. 

Have a good day, and east coasters stay safe.

Willow

Good morning Willow,

Here’s what a little dusting of snow looks like in central Indiana. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

21 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Well, heading home feeling almost normal!  3 liters of fluids before I had to pee. Lol. I think I will focus more on getting enough fluids in me over the next few days. 

Yay! Be well, Bri!

20 hours ago, Aggie1 said:

here’s what she said.

And while, as I’ve said, my trans identity is only one part of myself, it has also been the source of easily the biggest rewards I’ve gotten from this experience. The first one is personal: a few months ago, deep down, I simply did not believe that I could ever really be accepted for who I was. That is, I had come to believe (not without some difficulty) that at least some people accepted me: my family, my girlfriend, my inner circle of friends. But I always believed that most people would see me as trans people have so often been seen: a freak, a pervert, a man in a dress, a liar, mentally ill. And as the days counted down to my episodes airing, I braced myself for the rejection I was sure would come. And then… it just didn’t. Sure, there have been a few isolated voices trying to bring me down, but the overwhelming reaction has been of support and acceptance. People actually believe me when I say who I am. They don’t think there’s something wrong with me. And because of that, for maybe the first time in my life, I’m starting to think there really isn’t anything wrong with me either.

Gosh, that is moving...

14 hours ago, HollyNG said:

A new customer is glad I learned about her well.She is a post mtf female transsexual and was glad I fixed her tractor right the first time.I even told her I am a part time crossdresser today and she is going to meet me as Holly for the first time this weekend.Found out I am welcomed to come out to a group of her friends that are transgender and crossdressers

Very cool! Enjoy your new friends!

13 hours ago, RhondaS said:

medical forms when they say M or F.

Oy vey, this. Last time I encountered this was on the registration of an app to schedule a meditation class. Instead of engaging in annoyance, I quickly decided out of defiance to choose the option I was not "supposed to" choose. M. I doubt anyone noticed. On a medical form, honestly, I wonder if they would notice either. The last two medical forms I filled out had some kind of options for "other", which I chose, and yet the staff and doctors addressed me as female. I supposed having the option is a first step, but it will take a greater effort and more education before those behind the form will read it and use the information to provide a safer and more affirming experience.

@Elizabeth Star I think it's a boon that your partner worked where you work. Your coworkers knew her and so they really get it. I hope it will be a comfort to you once you're ready to return to work.

• Forum Moderator
10 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

That would be us.  Warnings are up.  The storm is supposed to "bomb" as it arrives, so a bad one.  We have had one every weekend this month.  The generator is gassed up, and we have a neighbour who has volunteered to start it for us.  I can't do stuff like that for a while.  Another neighbour will blow out the driveway.  Lots of flashlight batteries on hand, and the Coleman stove is at the ready.

As long as the Internet doesn't go out, we are good.

Best of luck as the Nor’easter hits your area. It sounds like you’re prepared, so let’s hope the utility company doesn’t let you down. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

One benefit from convalescing in February and now living in an apartment: I could care less what the weather does. I don't have to shovel or salt or anything.  Might be the first time in my life. lol

• Forum Moderator
1 minute ago, Bri2020 said:

One benefit from convalescing in February and now living in an apartment: I could care less what the weather does. I don't have to shovel or salt or anything.  Might be the first time in my life. lol

See there's always a bright side to life. You just have to recognize them.

I love your outlook Bri,💖

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Glad you found a group Liz  and happy your work is an understanding bunch.

Mmindy thats what it looks like here in Central Ky again.

All this talk of weather, I'm envious.  All we get here is cold and damp.  It's snows on average one day a year, about an inch which is always gone by the following day.  It sometimes gets up to the 70s in temperature, mostly it's between 15 and 25 degrees.  Just drizzle mainly.  The city I live in is even nicknamed Brizzle.  I'd pay to shovel snow off the drive sometimes.  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Teri Anne said:

thats what it looks like here in Central Ky again.

Stay warm and safe.

I'm heading out to take care of a few sidewalks and driveways, as well at the two fire hydrants nearest to my house.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

First the great news - New Birth Certificate with name and gender change has finally arrived after 2 1/2 months of waiting. 🥰

* Doing the Happy Happy Dance * ❤️🫂

Second - sharing the Nor'Easter with @KathyLaurenas we are on the northern side of the storm, predictions have it set to dump up to 50 centimeters of snow with possible some mix of ice pellets. Sounds like a real mess for the 3rd weekend in a row. :(

Stay safe all east coasters, looks like another bad one.

Big Canadian Hugs

Joni Stephanie <-- official name :)

• Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, JoniSteph said:

First the great news - New Birth Certificate with name and gender change has finally arrived after 2 1/2 months of waiting. 🥰

* Doing the Happy Happy Dance * ❤️🫂

Joni Stephanie <-- official name :)

Congratulations on the updated birth certificate!  I know that happy dance because I was doing it when mine came in.

Do you do "storm chips" over in NB, or is that just a NS thing?  Everyone stocks up on potato chips before a storm.  Personally, I prefer storm chocolate.  Stay safe!

• Forum Moderator
54 minutes ago, JoniSteph said:

Joni Stephanie <-- official name

That's great Joni, Congratulations.

@KathyLaurenI'm with you on the Storm Chocolates, for a more healthy dose be sure it's Dark Chocolate.

All of you along the Eastern North American Coast be real safe during the Nor'easter. 

Warm Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

@KathyLaurenand @Mmindythank for the congrats. My legs are getting "dance tired" lol

I am with both of you with the Storm Chocolates though they would tend to be snacking on Chocolate chip cookies, not that I need them. Haha. Maybe some Sun Chips this time is a better idea. 😄

Big Canadian Hugs

JoniSteph

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Do you do "storm chips" over in NB, or is that just a NS thing?

People go nuts around here.   But then, snow is a novelty for us.   I'm originally from upstate NY and it used to amuse me.  But now I just embrace it.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, JoniSteph said:

@KathyLaurenand @Mmindythank for the congrats. My legs are getting "dance tired" lol

I am with both of you with the Storm Chocolates though they would tend to be snacking on Chocolate chip cookies, not that I need them. Haha. Maybe some Sun Chips this time is a better idea. 😄

Big Canadian Hugs

JoniSteph

My favorite chocolate chips are 80 calories per serving size 17 chips. We keep them in a canister in the refrigerator. Crown Royal is 96 calories per 2 oz shot. 

When I was on my self imposed dramatic weight loss December 2007 to March 2008.  These chocolate chips were my daily evening snack. Beer made me fat, wine makes me whine, and to CrownRoyal I am loyal. Stock up on your storm chips. 

5863CB7F-2A8F-4FAB-9ED2-FD08B39FD3F5.jpeg

97D9B35E-93E5-43F8-94DD-6C84543F3F04.jpeg

3EC65BDB-F2FF-4B54-8130-7000E1AF95E6.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Good evening 

@Mmindy I grew up in northern Ohio.  I do actually remember what winter can be like.  From Ohio, we went to Virginia.  Snow there was very different.  In Ohio and all similar states snow can be cold, DRY and blows around a lot.  In Virginia it was 30-33 degrees so very wet snow.  The problem with that is when you drive on it it melts from the pressure then immediately freezes as your tire moves on.  That leaves a very icy slippery mess.  We moved to SC to escape from the snow and cold.  No more snow throwers.

should have moved to Florida.

Willow

10 hours ago, Willow said:

It was an online form, with only two options to click on. 

I grew up in eastern Iowa, and am quite familiar with ice and snow. It will test your driving skills, and improve those skills if you try to learn. Just before I turned 18, I came to Florida with my parents and sister, and have lived here ever since, but I did go around the country in a big rig for a few years. I miss the beauty of snowfall under streetlights and trucking along in a snowstorm on mountain highways, along with other truckers just trying to make their miles under difficult circumstances.

Oh, it is true that Florida drivers aren't very good in comparison with Midwest drivers, but I might be biased in my judgement. 😀

Sandy