• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Hannah Renee said:

The really good news is that, while payroll has to be in my legal name, I will be called Hannah, and my time card and my NAME TAG will have HANNAH.

That will be nice

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KymmieL

• Willow

• Jackie C.

• Jamie68

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Princess Leia is close but not quit.

This is what I have so far. It still needs some tweaking and I will most likely be wearing a lot less underneath it. I feel the skirt need more personality, maybe I'll make it asymmetrical.

IMG_6955.jpeg

So gooood evening.  Think Boris Karloff 

We've been in the ER since about 2p.m.  it's now 8:45.  My wife Finally got seen about 7:30. The vampire just left with her blood. Why would be TMI so not going there.  Haven't eaten since  noon.

The condo is looking good. I can finally see the light at the end of this year long tunnel. We signed our letter of Intent last May. Initial deposit in June. Contract stated closing in October.  Seven months late.  8 months on the boat.  They haven't even started the next building and there are three yet to be built. Washer and dryer ordered with delivery scheduled for June 1st. 

Tired Willow

21 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

This is what I have so far. It still needs some tweaking and I will most likely be wearing a lot less underneath it. I feel the skirt need more personality, maybe I'll make it asymmetrical.

IMG_6955.jpeg

Could make for an interesting sunburn.

How did your consult go today?

28 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

IMG_6955.jpeg

Very cool!

• Forum Moderator
8 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

Hannah, I agree.

Looking good, Liz.

Well a good couple days, Yesterday, Went and got O2 added to my C-pap machine. Got it hooked up today. Will see if it helps any. Also, Yesterday. Had my hearing checked. Yeah, I'm deaf. HUH, What did you say? So getting hearing aids. I guess I am just falling apart piece by piece.

This morning had my legs waxed for the first time. An experience but the little pain didn't bother me, and I am a girl when it comes to pain. Wait a minute, I am a girl anyways. LOL. Going to look at a house tomorrow. Seems nice in the pictures and from the front. Good sized back yard for the grandkids, dogs, my wife's Lilacs, her cactus. and of course. I may be able to do a garden railway. First things first. liking the house and getting the house.

Hugs,

Kymmie

3 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

The really good news is that, while payroll has to be in my legal name, I will be called Hannah, and my time card and my NAME TAG will have HANNAH.

This is very good news Hannah, congratulations.

Once you have your name legally changed there shouldn't be any trouble with your payroll change over.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

This is what I have so far.

That's cool looking Lizzy.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

his is what I have so far. It still needs some tweaking and I will most likely be wearing a lot less underneath it. I feel the skirt need more personality, maybe I'll make it asymmetrical.

I like the ties. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do that, I always used links. You're right about the skirt though, it's kind of blah the way it is. Some kind of shape to it would definitely be better.

Hugs!

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

IMG_6955.jpeg

Well dang. Now I’m sad that I’m going to miss Pride this year. I would agree with taking the skirt asymmetrical. Maybe a fringe under the top? 

Good morning everyone

130 am coffee in hand already 😖

sitting here trying to figure out why my daughter would drive 450 miles to the beach where  i live and only visit once for 15 min,

as far as the great grand children , looks like i will never get to meet them ever ,  sad, hurt that doesn't even come close to explain  the feelings i have over this , i cant do this any longer , not sure how im going to crawl out of this funk the hole has gotten so deep, in the end just  cutting  ties to all in my past life and just go forward alone seems all thats left for me to do ,

I could just cry ,, i am crying , life is just not worth living  some times

Betty

• Forum Moderator

How could I have forgot the most important thing. My GYN who is monitoring my transition. Has increased both my Spiro and my E.

Betty, so sad that your daughter has done this. While she may have given up on you right now. You are still her parent, and one day she may surprise you.

Hugs,

Kymmie

9 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

How did your consult go today?

It went pretty good. I have to get a second letter from my HRT provider and a mammogram. Then a 6-8 month wait.

7 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I like the ties. I don't know why it never occurred to me to do that, I always used links. You're right about the skirt though, it's kind of blah the way it is. Some kind of shape to it would definitely be better.

Hugs!

It's funny you should say that 'cause that's how I usually would have done it too.  Using as many links as possible.

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

It went pretty good. I have to get a second letter from my HRT provider and a mammogram. Then a 6-8 month wait.

If I can get my insurance figured out, my therapist and my HRT provider (at HB) have already told me they would write letters. I, too, have an endocrine disorder. Do you think that you could get the letter to reflect GD if that's what your insurer requires?

6 hours ago, Betty_B said:

I could just cry ,, i am crying , life is just not worth living  some times

I'm so sorry for you.  I don't understand how some people can be so cruel.

I have a daughter in Wilmington that I haven't seen in several years.  We do text occasionally though.  It's a long drive, but I would go if she invited me.  

7 hours ago, Betty_B said:

i am crying , life is just not worth living  some times

Betty, I know how hard it cuts into our hearts when family rejects the real person we need to be. I hope you are able to see the the difference between sometimes and always. Please look for the good in your immediate surroundings and know you are valued, worthy, and loved. Just as you are. 

While we’re separated by miles, our situation is similarly close.

Hugs and Good Morning,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

I'm just catching up after about a 5 day hiatus. My thoughts are with all of you.

I was at a women entrepreneur retreat with 14 of us staying at a massive "summer home" of one of the DuPont family that was converted to a retreat center. Started on Monday. By the time we left Thursday it was clear we had a covid problem.  We are up to 8 out of 14 people testing positive or sick.  Including me.  I feel like -crap-. Just as bad, I'm missing the opera performance I have been looking forward to and had to cancel my electrolysis trip to Chicago.  All of us were boosted. I'm double boosted.  I think the virus is winning the war on immunization vs mutations.

@Bri2020My daughter also sends get well soon wishes.

• Forum Moderator
43 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

All of us were boosted. I'm double boosted.  I think the virus is winning the war on immunization vs mutations.

The CORONA virus mutates pretty rapidly and our response was pretty lackluster. Honestly I think this is going to end up being one of those things that mutates and just becomes part of our viral landscape like colds or the flu.

In other news, I've got the ick and I've been coughing up mucus for the last couple of days. My voice went away on the day I was supposed to have my job interview. I was game to try anyway, but the department head says I need to be able to talk. Hopefully I'll be good to go by Monday.

Hugs!

5 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

By the time we left Thursday it was clear we had a covid problem.

Well, dang.   Hope y'all get feeling better with no complications.

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Honestly I think this is going to end up being one of those things that mutates and just becomes part of our viral landscape like colds or the flu.

It certainly looks that way.  I haven't had the 2nd booster.  Don't know if I can get it.  The VA hasn't said anything.  I'm definitely over 65 tho.

Hi

@Bri2020 wow even double boosted and you got it.  I guess that tells me I need to be more careful in public.  I haven’t worn a mast except at medical appointments since they were lifted.  

@Jackie C. I guess you are unfortunately right.  This is just going to keep on mutating and will become the new norm.  At least the flu and pneumonia even shingles are controlled if you are willing to take the shots.  I have no issue getting poked.  Heck I poke myself every two weeks.  I really don’t understand the anti Vaxers.  If they have a history of problems, so be it, but to fight the idea of getting the vaccine just because.?  

oh well.  I hope you get over it really quickly with no long Covid problems.
Willow

13 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

If I can get my insurance figured out, my therapist and my HRT provider (at HB) have already told me they would write letters. I, too, have an endocrine disorder. Do you think that you could get the letter to reflect GD if that's what your insurer requires?

That's a good question. The letter from my therapist has a GD diagnosis on it but yeah, HB (same place I'm using) has my HRT under the same "endocrine disorder". Surly they know and have work around for it.

16 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

That's a good question. The letter from my therapist has a GD diagnosis on it but yeah, HB (same place I'm using) has my HRT under the same "endocrine disorder". Surly they know and have work around for it.

That's partly why I went with them, under the assumption that it would make things easier. My therapist actually told me about them. And the PA that I see is fabulous.

Our group of covid has reached 9 now with another 2 saying they will probably test positive in a day or two based on how they feel.

3 days in I can't break this fever. Advil/tylenol round the clock and I can only get it down to 99. The body aches have diminished at least. I've been having to change my nightshirt in the middle of the nights due to soaking them in sweat.  I didn't think this would kick my butt like it is. Everyone I know that caught it before and had boosters basically just felt run down for a day or two or didn't have any symptoms. I have a very busy week ahead that's going to have to be rearranged.  Lots of interviews for real estate brokerages plus I'm supposed to interview 2 people for my business.  

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Our group of covid has reached 9 now with another 2 saying they will probably test positive in a day or two based on how they feel.

3 days in I can't break this fever. Advil/tylenol round the clock and I can only get it down to 99. The body aches have diminished at least. I've been having to change my nightshirt in the middle of the nights due to soaking them in sweat.  I didn't think this would kick my butt like it is. Everyone I know that caught it before and had boosters basically just felt run down for a day or two or didn't have any symptoms. I have a very busy week ahead that's going to have to be rearranged.  Lots of interviews for real estate brokerages plus I'm supposed to interview 2 people for my business.  

I think not only can COVID affect different people very differently, but the same is likely true for vaccines.  One of my son's friends was at our house and collapsed on his way to the bathroom. Breathing was not an issue, but the possibility of concussion was. I spent between 5 and 10 minutes with him, practically in his face. This was well before I was able to get my first poke, and I'm in the high risk group. He tested positive for COVID the next day, but I never had any issues.

FWIW, my current soon-to-be ex-wife has been working as a school nurse for several years. The standard for keeping a child out of school for a fever is 100.4+. So even though you still feel like (bad word of your choice), 99 is certainly acceptable. Get well soon and go out and continue to kick ***.

Hugs

Hannah