• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

2 hours ago, Mary said:

Try telling the relatives of the people in hos[ital who are dying of Covid that the epidemic is over. And anyhow, the flu this year is worse than before, people are dying of that too, and it can largely be prevented by wearing a mask. And what if you were immune suppressed, eg on treatment for a malignancy - you would have to avoid any chance of viral contamination, epidemic or no epidemic.

The terms I use for people like that would not be allowed on this forum, but I think it demonstrates the severe failings of the school system!

There, I've had my say. Highly irritable today. Have already blasted 2 people. I'll try to keep my head down and be nice for the rest of the day. 😡

Having taken care of a fair number of patients in the ER and hospital who have not only had covid, but developed long-term pulmonary fibrosis and are now oxygen dependent, Covid is not over. Amazingly, I have seen ranchers concerned about immunizing their herd, but not themselves from Covid. I am sure there are likely some on here that will be staunch defenders of anti-vaccination. 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My experience with the bathroom experience is little compared to others. I have been able to find private bathrooms, but on occasion I have had to stop at a truck stop. No issues so far. 

Yesterday though, I had my first passive-aggressive experience with another faculty member who was one of the department chairs. I was in a meeting with others during a zoom session. This one individual continues to call me by my dead name despite the others in the room calling my Katie. Of course I am sitting there with my long hair, makeup, and hoop earrings. I finally just blurted out "you do know that I do not go by xxxx anymore?" Then I got the ole "gee whiz, I did not know routine. I told her that it may have been a clue when my name was posted under my image in Zoom, and it may explain why the others were calling me Katie. I also reminded her that I sent her email from my new account. Misgender by accident or mistake?? Considering I let the entire school know in a presentation on transgender health emergencies and transgender care, I wonder... 

You can be educated and still ignorant or anti-trans...

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

It's a cool crisp morning here in central Indiana. The doors, and windows are open, the bird feeders are full, and the cats are in stalk mode.

The coffee is HOT, black, and strong.:coffee:

Suzie, and I are planning out the menu for a 9 day camping event at the Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival. We're going to be the anchor campsite for our son, and three teenage grand-kids. Our daughter-in-law hates camping almost as much as she hates Bluegrass music. She does like family outings so she'll be down Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Next weekend.

Hugs for everyone,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖🏳️‍🌈

15 hours ago, Betty_B said:

evening all

coffee is salty

people  are so mean , had my fill in 2 days , they win ,,,,,,,, just going to stay home from here out , shame when you cant have a evening walk with the spouse , just wanting  to  stay out of a wheelchair ,, with out being harassed ,

Im ashamed of this country

sad and tired

Betty  b

Hiya @Betty_B, Yes people are mean. I'm sorry you had to experience it as it's a terrible and hurtful thing. Now, please to stay at home from now on--that lets the mean ones win. And, remember, there are more decent people out there than mean ones. I understand as well you being ashamed right now about this country. It's all too easy to happen with everything that's going on, and I am referring to both sides of the political spectrum. But having lived abroad for a number of years during my military service, let me tell you with some degree of certainty, it's much worse in other places. Especially the Middle East. Please don't give in to them. Know that you are not alone, you are loved and you have value for who you are.

Hugs,

Marcie

2 hours ago, Mary said:

On a different note: there's nothing that looks so much like an old man as hair growing out of the ears. I have been plucking, but it's hard to see around the corners to get at the things.

How do y'all cope?

Electrolysis. I had the same issue, and electrolysis did the job for me. 

Also, the plain truth is that men don't really lose their hair--it just migrates south...

Good morning, dear friends! I hope you're all doing well today. I had my cappuccino, walked the puppies, and had breakfast. Today, I will try to finish an art commission, as well as get ready to travel. I'm leaving for NY tomorrow for a family event. Then, my one ❤️gay❤️ cousin and her gf will come back to Florida with me to stay for a few days. Honestly, I'm never excited about traveling - a lot of anticipation anxiety, especially traveling alone, my health being what it is, but I'm pretty the once I get there, I'll be fine. 

Three of my paintings, portraits of local Black pioneers, will be featured at an upcoming community Juneteenth celebration. One of the organizers asked me to write a brief "about the artist" bio. That was an interesting assignment. It came out well - I was able to describe what I do using feedback I get from others, but without sounding pretentious. It's been an honor to be able to serve & celebrate Black history and excellence. Another commission came out of it too - another committee member asked me to paint a memorial portrait of her son. It's amazing that things are moving along so nicely with my change of career. ❤️🙏❤️

@Willow that's so ridiculous. I'm sorry you're going through that. The closing on our home was delayed three times, and the actual closing was only confirmed literally at the last minute all because the flipper we bought from kept assuring us work he'd committed to do had been completed, when it actually had not even commenced. Very stressful. Some day, this will all just be a memory, and hopefully soon you'll be cozy in your new home. 

@Artpetal wow! Mazel tov! 

@Davie glad you're enjoying greater mobility. I understand how frustrating and what a relief. This week, I overdid physical therapy, myself. It is a delicate balance - working enough to build/maintain strength, but without straining, exhausting, or injuring yourself. Patience, faith & perseverance to you! 

Morning all,

I've always been a spring and summer person, I'm not a fan of snow and cold.  During the winter (my egg cracked in october) I enjoyed (immensely) dressing as true self and was able to hide behind masks, glasses,  gloves, headwear and layers,  ALL the layers.  I'm almost certain with my long hair, being not so tall at 5' 9 1/2" and covered from head to toe, that I can go unnoticed if not pass...  so long a I talk to or interact with no one.  Thank the goddess for self checkout!

Now that the warm weather is here, I'm a "brick" and there is no hiding.  I'm naturally built like someone that lives in the gym, both jacked and ripped and for the first time in my life I can't wait for winter.

My whining rant is over, thanks all!

Much love.

3 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

@Davie glad you're enjoying greater mobility. I understand how frustrating and what a relief. This week, I overdid physical therapy, myself. It is a delicate balance - working enough to build/maintain strength, but without straining, exhausting, or injuring yourself. Patience, faith & perseverance to you! 

Thanks, @Vidanjali

Today is a "what a relief" day. Yay! I can exercise a little and go shopping and have a walk with groceries on my back and chat with  another writer who I could talk about writing with but never mention my back or leg problems. So glad to hear of your artistic progress lately. And traveling I also have problems with but I do like to be away after I get there. I focus on that.

hugs,

Davie

• Forum Moderator

Seen my GYN today. Everything was good. She increased my spiro and my E dosage. Getting some benefit of the E. It seems my hips are getting larger.  Yeah. I wound up taking my wife and riding the bike to my appointment. So, Ladies jeans, and T shirt as pretty much normal. 

Speaking of restrooms. I had to go. at the VA in the old part of the building is single occupancy restrooms. So, I wound up using the mens as the ladies was occupied.  God, Men can be so gross. I had to almost completely clean the toilet before I felt safe using it. Still gives me the shivers.  We, women are so much cleaner.

Much to my distaste, I am constantly misgendered at work. I think I would even if I have a 10 ft tall flashing neon sign above my head saying female with an arrow pointing down. Then again we have people pushing on a door that says pull. Plus my chosen name is unisex. Kymbrill. Maybe next time I get shirts I will make sure they say Kymmie. At least, that is more feminine. 

Kymmie

43 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Much to my distaste, I am constantly misgendered at work.

Back when I thought I was just a passionate/militant ally, I used to wear a he/him pronoun pin and I cannot tell you how many times someone would look down, see my pin and then refer to me, amab and bearded with a leather fedora, with she/her pronouns. 

Some people are just woefully misguided. I try to remember that people (by and large) do not mean to do wrong, they believe they are right and beliefs are not chosen.  We either are or are not convinced by the evidence we've been presented with.  I chose to pity them as apposed to be angered by them.

Much luv

Hadn't been on twitter for awhile.  Got on today and………… bummer.

I'm not optimistic.

15 hours ago, Artpetal said:

I have amazing news. My long distance friend that I mentioned here a month or two ago is now my fiancee. We're a transgender couple. 

We always had good chemistry, from the very moment we met. Always take advantage of that because it's not a coincidence and honestly it's very rare to have good chemistry, which is something I've had to face facts about. We actually met on a transgender dating site in early 2021. Recently she pushed me to say something very definite for her, and I did by proposing. A weight is off my shoulders knowing that we won't be away from each other.

@Artpetal OMG!!! That is so exciting I am very happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! I can hear the wedding bells ringing in my head... LOL.

~Hugs~

~Rachel

19 hours ago, Artpetal said:

I have amazing news. My long distance friend that I mentioned here a month or two ago is now my fiancee. We're a transgender couple. 

We always had good chemistry, from the very moment we met. Always take advantage of that because it's not a coincidence and honestly it's very rare to have good chemistry, which is something I've had to face facts about. We actually met on a transgender dating site in early 2021. Recently she pushed me to say something very definite for her, and I did by proposing. A weight is off my shoulders knowing that we won't be away from each other.

That is amazing news!

Congrats, @Artpetal!!!!!

Love cannot be misgendered.

— Davie

• Forum Moderator

Good evening everyone 

Boy you miss a couple of days and you sure have a lot to catch up on.

Thank you all for the supportive remarks about bank and the military. At least in the military (USAF for me) they admit it. Everything is -CENSORED-.

So the bank has done it too me two more days in a row.  Wednesday afternoon we had just left to go to Lowes to see about window blinds.  We get another we need… from the bank.  Turn around and head back home to get things.  We hadn’t eaten yet when this started.  We had to go to three different banks to fix things yesterday.  Today, we are on the road going to Virginia to attend our oldest granddaughter’s graduation.  My phone rings.  We are near Wilmington NC.  We need this from Wells Fargo, and it has to be stamped by the branch that it is what I say it is.  So I get off the interstate at the next exit and head back to Wilmington.  Meantime my wife is trying to find a Wells Fargo.  Believe it ir not there is a Wells Fargo and our lender are two blocks from each other.  I go to WF get the document and get it stamped.  Then take it to the lenders office and have them send it to the requester.  Back on the road.  We manage a couple more hours of driving.  Just left a rest stop, my phone rings.  They want more!  This I can do myself with out finding a bank.  Good thing as I’m in nowhere NC.  Stopped at a gas station and parked, while I banged out the things they wanted this time.  At the lenders request, the closing attorney has scheduled us for Monday’s at 1pm.  Anyone taking bets?

good night

Willow

14 hours ago, Jandi said:

Hadn't been on twitter for awhile.  Got on today and………… bummer.

I'm not optimistic.

yeah it can get a lil whack, one of the girls with a large following suggested stockpiling E and I was like

WUT

so I Googled it and it appears there is a routine supply issue with the NHS over the pond.

Then, one girl says "we need to arm ourselves to the teeth for the upcoming Gender Wars!" and another one says, "no no no, we don't need to be criminalizing ourselves..."

It's a great place if you like anxiety.

10 hours ago, Willow said:

Good evening everyone 

Boy you miss a couple of days and you sure have a lot to catch up on.

Thank you all for the supportive remarks about bank and the military. At least in the military (USAF for me) they admit it. Everything is -CENSORED-.

So the bank has done it too me two more days in a row.  Wednesday afternoon we had just left to go to Lowes to see about window blinds.  We get another we need… from the bank.  Turn around and head back home to get things.  We hadn’t eaten yet when this started.  We had to go to three different banks to fix things yesterday.  Today, we are on the road going to Virginia to attend our oldest granddaughter’s graduation.  My phone rings.  We are near Wilmington NC.  We need this from Wells Fargo, and it has to be stamped by the branch that it is what I say it is.  So I get off the interstate at the next exit and head back to Wilmington.  Meantime my wife is trying to find a Wells Fargo.  Believe it ir not there is a Wells Fargo and our lender are two blocks from each other.  I go to WF get the document and get it stamped.  Then take it to the lenders office and have them send it to the requester.  Back on the road.  We manage a couple more hours of driving.  Just left a rest stop, my phone rings.  They want more!  This I can do myself with out finding a bank.  Good thing as I’m in nowhere NC.  Stopped at a gas station and parked, while I banged out the things they wanted this time.  At the lenders request, the closing attorney has scheduled us for Monday’s at 1pm.  Anyone taking bets?

good night

Willow

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick! What a nut roll. It's as if every time you get things in order, they move the goal posts. @Willow, this is terrible and I really feel for you guys. You are stronger than I am, as at this point I would likely just throw up my hands and either leave the process or try to find a new lender. Dear Lord, this is idiocy at its peak.

Sadly, with the housing market as it is they know they have you over a barrel and can pretty much string you along. I would use some choice old Airborne NCO swear words right now, but they would likely short circuit my lap top. And get me barred from the group for life and beyond. I feel your frustration and can easilly both sympathize and empathize with you. No bets about Monday, but I sure hope you close on the house.

Hugs.

18 minutes ago, stveee said:

yeah it can get a lil whack, one of the girls with a large following suggested stockpiling E and I was like

WUT

so I Googled it and it appears there is a routine supply issue with the NHS over the pond.

Then, one girl says "we need to arm ourselves to the teeth for the upcoming Gender Wars!" and another one says, "no no no, we don't need to be criminalizing ourselves..."

It's a great place if you like anxiety.

Twitter. Gotta love it. Gender Wars??? Really? I think this quote from the classics sums up my take:

"The closer an empire is to collapse, the crazier its laws become," Marcus Tulius Cicero circa 70 BCE

I think that sums things up nicely.

2 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Twitter. Gotta love it. Gender Wars??? Really?

There was somebody wanting to "reduce" the number of trans people.

And of course the ones who just want us shot.

The hate is irrational, but unfortunately real.

57 minutes ago, Jandi said:

There was somebody wanting to "reduce" the number of trans people.

And of course the ones who just want us shot.

The hate is irrational, but unfortunately real.

Jeez, People are sick nowadays. Having "seen the elephant" as they said in the Civil War, I'm afraid that it's kind of a trigger word for me. Somethin I don't use casually, and that's the trouble with things like Twitter, et al. Too many people are engaged in hyperbole and just plain rash talk. And it comes from all sides On all issues. To talk about "reducing" populations, even in jest, reminds me too much of the Hitlers, Stalins and Pol Pots in the world. Sorry for the rant, I will blame it on my PTSD kicking in.

I have a technology background and spent part of my career doing corporate venture investment in technology.

I have some knowledge of the research used by social media companies as well as their revenue models. While social media can offer many positive things like community building, because ad revenues it has become the worst kind of exploitation. I'll generalize and include all social media technology in my rant. It has become a literal emotional slot machine which designed to get a positive reaction from 50% of the audience and negative reaction from the 50%. Every like or hate generates revenue. It is easier to generate a trending post by making it as outrageous as you can. AI software also interjects comments to drive the balance. The software also tries to induce anxiety in users to get them to interact more. It needs you to respond frequently and quickly without thinking about what you have responded.

For young people who have less life experience and whose brains are still developing, it is particularly damaging.  It is the moral equivalent of giving free addictive drugs. As our leaders continue to normalize divisive rhetoric, demonize anyone who doesn't agree with them, scapegoat various groups of people; these behaviors trickle to the population in general. The best way to fight the idiots is to not give feedback positive or negative and to share information outside of the app.

We have moved away from basic common courtesy when dealing with others while demanding everyone must respect whatever view one holds. The point of social media has become maximizing the outrage.

That was a very intriguing post, @miz miranda. Thank you for sharing your expertise. Your insight has just given credence to something I've long suspected.

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone,

graduation was great.  Actually had some speeches that made sense and weren’t just long boring trite dribble. Something somewhat unusual is the Shcool is the Sherando Warriors.  Their mascot is an Indian. The Indian chief lead the students to their seats.  At the end, the chief rode his horse onto the field and circled then left with his spear.  He also rides in before every football game and plants his spear on the 50 yard line.  It’s quite a tradition.

not so great, late this afternoon noon the bank asked for more statements. This is really getting annoying.

thank you @Marcie Jensen. Yes I am about ready to tell them to take a hike except for one thing, starting over would only drag it out longer.  I’m afraid they have me over a barrel.  Still hoping for Monday.

Willow 

Good morning everyone  a nice sunny day here,  is there anyone here in maine or NH that would like to meet up for lunch, or a coffee , i would like to find some friends just to chat with.

Morning, loved ones! I made it to NY. My cousin and her husband are still asleep and I've had 1 coffee so far. Deeelicious. Today is the bridal shower for another cousin. My family is rather bigoted. Always have been. Some of the members of my generation (some cousins and my brother, but not my sister) are more open minded. One cousin came out as a lesbian relatively recently, so they are hopefully adjusting their mindset somewhat - who knows. We talked briefly with one aunt on speaker phone last night who was commenting emphatically about "reverse racism". I can't shut up anymore. To @miz miranda 's point, I now smile and suggest considering a different perspective. So many things to learn and UNLEARN. I do not engage in arguments because once a defensive attitude emerges, minds tend to slam shut. Several of my family members, my mother included, fell down the conspiracy theory rabbit holes during the pandemic - several of them were (still are) into Qanon (sp?) My cousin's husband commented that he didn't understand how anyone could be so gullible. I said, I did - there is a great deal of trauma in our family - a lot of mental illness, low self-esteem, depression and perceived meaninglessness of life. So, such ideologies seem very attractive - a group identity, something to be passionate about, a way to direct all those negative feelings away from oneself, a means by which one experiences intense solidarity - us against them. The side effects of paranoia, anger, and hatred somehow seem justified. That's my family. Ironically, they are also VERY loving and affectionate. But, the things that come out of some of their mouths, oy. Within my family, I'm only out to my gay cousin and my brother (who won't be at the bridal shower). My family seems to have a lot of esteem and respect for me, so I am able to engage them in meaningful discourse sometimes. We'll see how the day goes! Much love to you all. 

55 minutes ago, Vidanjali said:

I do not engage in arguments because once a defensive attitude emerges, minds tend to slam shut.

A wise thing.

I also find arguing to be counterproductive.

I have some family members estranged from each other because of this.  They just won't drop it when it's going nowhere.