• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Hello!!, I just got asked on a date!! I am very nervous and yet excited all at once. This is someone that I have been texting with on a dating app for about a month now. We shared a lot of our likes and dislike and we both seem to like not only the commonalities but the differences as well. We will meet for dinner at the local winery tomorrow. I mean it has been forever since I have been on a date!!! This is also my first date as Rachel and the first time with a man!

Did I mention that I am excited??!!!!!!

~Rachel

>>>> Yep, still excited <<<<

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Wow @Marcie Jensen I know I’m not the only one interested in the arguments for and against LGBTQI.  But I guess I wasn’t expecting to find someone else here that knew about Colby’s background and the church he founded with his wife.  Unfortunately he mostly argues about Gays and only touches on the rest of the alphabet almost in passing in this book.  Sort of an “oh and this applies to all” sort of thing.

I’m pleased to have found this and I have to think it’s accurate since it’s published and sold by the Presbyterian Church USA.  

@CD Rachel have fun on your date.

willow

2 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Hello!!, I just got asked on a date!! I am very nervous and yet excited all at once. This is someone that I have been texting with on a dating app for about a month now. We shared a lot of our likes and dislike and we both seem to like not only the commonalities but the differences as well. We will meet for dinner at the local winery tomorrow. I mean it has been forever since I have been on a date!!! This is also my first date as Rachel and the first time with a man!

Did I mention that I am excited??!!!!!!

~Rachel

>>>> Yep, still excited <<<<

You should be!  Good luck, I hope you  enjoy the whole process as your true self Rachel!

I may have bitten off more than I can chew with the whole electrolysis trip. Close t when they were done after 6+ hours of working the genitals and two people on my face, one of them said they had a cancelation the next day so she didn't have to come to work. I asked if she felt good or bad about that and she said she likes the idea of the time off but it's a big hot to their paychecks to lose a whole day. It was also clear they weren't going to finish up clearing my neck that trip so I asked if I could come in the next day for them to finish. So, another 6 hours by two people.  so I got the equivalent of 32 hours of work in 2 days! I am so miserable today. My neck is so swollen I can barely move it downward.  

My husband Lenny and I got out finally tonight.Went out for supper.Greatful to have him in my life,he is transgender himself.Has said since meeting me knowing I am transgender too,has someone that understands him.

13 hours ago, Willow said:

@Mmindy I’m sorry you are forced to drink turnpike coffee.  That usually tastes like it’s been sitting on the warmer and is burnt.  Be safe out there.

All of a sudden I feel spoiled rotten to be in Ohio (doesn't happen a lot lately!!! 😉)  Our turnpike rest stops usually have a Starbucks or even a Panera (I don't know how widespread Panera is, but they have fantastic coffee). Granted, I'm not generally a fan of the coffee at Starbucks, but it does work in a pinch, and better yet, if you get the "americano" it makes a very passable substitute for a good cup of regular coffee.

9 hours ago, Willow said:

Finished “UnClobber”. The author makes a compelling argument that the Bible does NOT condemn LGBTQI. But does condemn prostitution, adulterous and men in a position of authority or wealth forcing themselves on others.  

The primary argument he makes is that Greek/Hebrew words were not properly translated.  That when the Bible was written there was no existing word that would translate to the “modern” word, homosexual or homosexuality.

Even though I don't identify as religious and my interests don't typically venture around that general realm, this book actually does sound rather interesting. I'm going to have to keep it in mind, I may have to give it read sometime. Or at the very, very least remember about it so I can pass along the recommendation.

4 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Oooh! Congrats!!!

Well, this morning hasn't started off well.

Last night was my night to do dishes and I forgot to do so. My husband had a MASSIVE meltdown over it. He threw the chore chart on the floor, scribbled all over it, and wrote an incredibly passive aggressive message at the bottom. I did the dishes this morning to make up for it and had a serious talk with him. I wasn't able to convey much of my feelings in person...because I've always struggled with that. So I messaged him over Facebook Messenger. He "sad" reacted to my message and went to bed. I feel bad for chewing him out and I know he's upset...but I don't appreciate him taking his anger out on everyone when it was MY wrongdoing. Chew ME out; leave everyone else out of it.

Sorry, just really frustrated at the moment. Trying to listen to silly videos on Youtube to calm myself down.

Of yet to read all the responses but I did see the comment about the ratio in the military and want to chime in that I am a veteran. I found some in the VA are very supportive. Some ignore the fact and carry on with business as normal. I just recently got a new primary Care who started right out acknowledging the fact that I was transfeminine. She said she doesn't care it doesn't make a difference to her ask how I identify and would like to be referred to. I explained to her that in the public eye as in out in the waiting room I'd like to be referred to by my legal last name or even as veteran as a precursor to my last name but in the medical setting I feel the need to be referred to and a feminine manner. Later reading what she had wrote and my medical record she repeatedly referred to me as him. What a bastard he is as a new primary Care even after having the discussion with him (my primary care is a female if you didn't catch that) he refused to acknowledge me in my medical record and a coordinates to being trans feminine!   If you haven't noticed I personally don't refer to myself as a transgender woman but prefer to to refer to myself as trans-fem or transfeminine. As I understand I was identified as AMAB. And I'm not trying to fool anybody into believing that I was am or will be ever a woman or female. This is just how I see myself, I don't mean to offend anyone so please don't find this hostile towards you and your identity. It's just how I like to refer to myself as well as being a very proud veteran that has served her country to the best of her ability. If you would like to share your service with me I would greatly appreciate it as I am proud of the things I have done the places I have gone and the effect that I have had on other people's lives doing some of the things that I have done in my service to this country. 87 to 92 Marine corps veteran, participated in operation sharp edge as well as a gulf war veteran! Semper Fidelis.

• Forum Moderator

Good rainy Friday morning

@NashySlashy I know exactly how you feel.  I was up most of Wednesday night (I was a personal matter). So I wasn’t particularly productive yesterday.  In the afternoon my wife lashed out at me in a pretty nasty tirade about how lazy I was and there were things I should have done.  Honestly I’m still annoyed. It’s always everything you didn’t do, never any thought about what you did.  

ok today rant is over.  

I have my teen group this evening.  I’ll be going to Wilmington this afternoon.  I really enjoy being there with them since I don’t get to see my granddaughters.  

I’ll be going to my boat to remove more things from it and taking pictures to put it up for sale.    I hate to let it go, but it’s clear I can’t hold on to it anymore and I really can’t justify the expense for whst little it gets used.

Well I guess I need to get things started.  Coffee was Green Mountain today.  But it’s done so no excuses.  

Hugs

Willow

13 hours ago, Willow said:

Wow @Marcie Jensen I know I’m not the only one interested in the arguments for and against LGBTQI.  But I guess I wasn’t expecting to find someone else here that knew about Colby’s background and the church he founded with his wife.  Unfortunately he mostly argues about Gays and only touches on the rest of the alphabet almost in passing in this book.  Sort of an “oh and this applies to all” sort of thing.

Hey Willow. I'm actually a retired Minister of Word and Sacrament in the PCUSA, so I've done a whole lot of reading on the LGBTQI issue within the church, and Colby figures pretty highly in the debate. And, yes. He doesn't focus very much on anything beyond the gay aspect. I think that's because the inclusion of gay pastors and same sex marriage nearly tore the PCUSA apart back in the early 2000s and is still an issue within the denomination. For me, the argument is literally, a matter of faith.

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

All of a sudden I feel spoiled rotten to be in Ohio (doesn't happen a lot lately!!! 😉)  Our turnpike rest stops usually have a Starbucks or even a Panera (I don't know how widespread Panera is, but they have fantastic coffee). Granted, I'm not generally a fan of the coffee at Starbucks, but it does work in a pinch, and better yet, if you get the "americano" it makes a very passable substitute for a good cup of regular coffee.

That's the BEST thing about driving in Ohio. Your rest stops are amazing.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, NashySlashy said:

Last night was my night to do dishes and I forgot to do so. My husband had a MASSIVE meltdown over it. He threw the chore chart on the floor, scribbled all over it, and wrote an incredibly passive aggressive message at the bottom. I did the dishes this morning to make up for it and had a serious talk with him. I wasn't able to convey much of my feelings in person...because I've always struggled with that. So I messaged him over Facebook Messenger. He "sad" reacted to my message and went to bed. I feel bad for chewing him out and I know he's upset...but I don't appreciate him taking his anger out on everyone when it was MY wrongdoing. Chew ME out; leave everyone else out of it.

No, that's fair on your part. That was a MASSIVE overreaction. He handled it like a child and threw a tantrum. You realized you made a mistake. You corrected it and tried to make amends. He responded by trying bully you (tantrum) and then manipulate you (blowing it out of proportion). They're the DISHES. They were (about) twelve hours late. It's OVER now. I'm miffed at your spouse for you. You don't deserve that.

Hugs!

4 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

No, that's fair on your part. That was a MASSIVE overreaction. He handled it like a child and threw a tantrum. You realized you made a mistake. You corrected it and tried to make amends. He responded by trying bully you (tantrum) and then manipulate you (blowing it out of proportion). They're the DISHES. They were (about) twelve hours late. It's OVER now. I'm miffed at your spouse for you. You don't deserve that.

Hugs!

I apologized to him and he responded with, "I'm not angry. I'm disappointed." Which is TOTAL BS. Nobody has a reaction that extreme out of disappointment. That alone miffed me and I sent him an angry message that he "sad" reacted to. I'm just worried that he's going to spiral into self-loathing over this. He's done it before. (Before you ask, yes. He's in therapy...but he insists on only seeing her once a month). My anger is hard to invoke, but when it's out...I can be pretty harsh. I'm trying to work on that. But I agree...I think his reaction was pretty extreme.

1 hour ago, Willow said:

It’s always everything you didn’t do, never any thought about what you did.  

Ain't that the truth? I literally took out the garbage and recycling yesterday and all he cared about was that the freaking dishes weren't clean.

• Forum Moderator
14 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

My wife gets upset when I don't do the dishes. I get "well, I didn't eat so it is your dishes."

Soon off to Cheyenne for my speech therapy at the VA. then have to haul butt back here for my therapy appt. an hour later. Then straight to work. Today I an wearing my dark camo athletic skort and a "approved" work T-shirt. Today is "Oreilly day" so I can wear anything with the company name on it. "With in reason." but will have to change into jeans when I get there. Be the first time at work in a skirt.

Hugs,

Kymmie

2 hours ago, Olivia Westone said:

As I understand I was identified as AMAB. And I'm not trying to fool anybody into believing that I was am or will be ever a woman or female. This is just how I see myself…

I understand what you're saying.

Oh, and just so you know, there is a thread here specifically for veterans (although I'm having trouble finding it at the moment)

Well, I am kind of disappointed in myself....it's been a slow making over about the last month or so but I ended up smoking again. Not as much as I used to, but just the fact I have bought a few packs last few weeks makes me want to kick myself since I was hanging around friends who vaped. So they shared it with me and the beast was re-awakened. 

I don't really want to continue because of the risk of VTE but also I read somewhere nicotine and caffeine inhibit the uptake of E. Maybe it has more to do with heavy consumption or use. So I don't smoke at home or work, it's mainly when I am around it socially. I actually bought a bag of suckers for these situations but had not implemented it. So the next month is going to be the slow tapering off l, a few squares a week, until I am totally absinent again. ah well. 

Don't give up.  Quitting nicotine is hard.  Trust me, I know.

And yeah, there is a social element involved.

But, it's bad for you, and it stinks up your pretty clothes.

Good luck.

Met my new neighbors this morning,very open minded.Last neighbors were a-holes towards my husband and knowing we are both transgender.Said they see any LGBT people like any normal person

8 minutes ago, Jandi said:

Don't give up.  Quitting nicotine is hard.  Trust me, I know.

And yeah, there is a social element involved.

But, it's bad for you, and it stinks up your pretty clothes.

Good luck.

yes very  hard, I have  quit smoking  a few times, best i have done is to vape a lower nic level, and to stay away from the smokes 

Peace Love N Hugs 

Betty B 

2 hours ago, Willow said:

It’s always everything you didn’t do, never any thought about what you did.  

My mom tended to be the same way. It got very frustrating 🙁

1 hour ago, NashySlashy said:

I apologized to him and he responded with, "I'm not angry. I'm disappointed." Which is TOTAL BS. Nobody has a reaction that extreme out of disappointment. That alone miffed me and I sent him an angry message that he "sad" reacted to. I'm just worried that he's going to spiral into self-loathing over this. He's done it before. (Before you ask, yes. He's in therapy...but he insists on only seeing her once a month). My anger is hard to invoke, but when it's out...I can be pretty harsh. I'm trying to work on that. But I agree...I think his reaction was pretty extreme.

It's not my place to amateur-psychoanalyze, but if he's anything like me or some of my family, it kind of sounds like there may have been other things weighing on him and the dishes may have just been the flashpoint. But still, certainly an inappropriate overreaction in any case.

30 minutes ago, Jandi said:

Quitting nicotine is hard. 

Ditto on that. Hard. To keep trying worked for me eventually—even with a spouse who couldn't quit. 

Good luck.

— Davie  

happy lunch time 

Folgers in hand ,,,

rain seems to never stop days of it 

on the mend still , being i have to enter the medical game again,, ( Hard one for me ) im going to use it to my advantage 

this time and use this chance  to move forward with some sort of help with hrt , a big step for me that i thought i would not take ,,, felt i was not able to navigate all the dr. things to get there ,,,,    wish me luck 

Peace Love N Hugs to everyone

Betty B 

I ended up calling off work today. Decided I needed a "mental health" day after I nearly worried myself sick before even getting out of bed. Luckily I have plenty of sick time available.

I don't know if hormones are finally starting to kick in and contributing or not, but I think the combination of a lot of different things has really been getting to me lately. More than I'd realized.

In any case, I'm very much enjoying sitting here, not being busy or in a rush or anything like that for a change. Just a slow, quiet late morning. Can hardly remember the last time I had that!

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Granted, I'm not generally a fan of the coffee at Starbucks, but it does work in a pinch, and better yet, if you get the "americano" it makes a very passable substitute for a good cup of regular coffee.

Hey there Heather, It was so early that the Starbucks wasn't open. I do agree with you on the "americano" flavor.

Have a great weekend,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

16 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Hey there Heather, It was so early that the Starbucks wasn't open. I do agree with you on the "americano" flavor.

Have a great weekend,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Ahh. That's a tough break 🙁

I'm a late riser, I have difficulty comprehending the existence of a time before coffee shops are open! But I've had the opposite problem. I once hit a rest stop late enough in the evening the Starbucks had already closed for the day. Only thing still open was Burger King. Not sure if it's a general Burger King truth or just because nobody goes to a rest stop Burger King to buy a coffee late at night, but that was one terrible cup o' Joe!