• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

What an eventful morning!

I do criminal referrals at my office and one big case just plopped itself on my desk. I've been scrounging up evidence for the last hour now.

Tis a rewarding job. :) 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I had my little talk with HR and later our VP. Our VP gave me a lot more feedback and assured me the comments and questions were not acceptable and not an accurate reflection of the company. Even thought I explained that I didn't want to make an issue out of it but did want it noted that it happened she was insistent that she will have a talk with my supervisor. As always, I am concerned about getting some backlash.

Sadly, I have to agree with @Jandi. Backlash is a thing, and it's not confined to one issue. Any time someone bucks the system, or calls out management, it occurs. Makes me glad I'm retired, TBH.

• Forum Moderator

Hi. Coffee is ready now.  Still with my Starbucks sponsor. 

We went out to dinner last night.  I had a fajita salad. 

@Jandi @awkward-yet-sweet one last thing I promise.  Deforestation!  Nothing to absorb the bad air.  Two recent discoveries, there are plants that if everyone planted a garden would eat up the bad air and eliminate that much lawnmower pollution.  Also a particular type of sea grass absorbs CO2.  If beds of that were planted that would attract fish and other sea life win win.

I hope you see I’m not against the thought of helping our environment, I drive an eco friendly nonpolluting high mileage car that can be recycled at end of life unlike the batteries in a ev that be

Willow

Good morning, my dears. I was out of town and then occupied with family in town the last couple weeks. Ultimately very good, but I'm exhausted. Got a lot of projects going on and more doctors appts on the calendar. Honestly looking forward to a bit of lull in activity so I can focus more on learning the fine art of rest. It's been a significantly dry rainy season in SFL. The fruit crops have been late, and sparse. We enjoyed many beautiful mangos from our trees, tho, and the late fruiting corresponded with both sets of family in town over the last several weeks. So, they got to enjoy mangos during a time when the trees would typically be done fruiting. Here's a visual treat - we returned from our recent trip in time to see one of our baby plumeria trees (I'm a bit of a plumeria enthusiast) blooming for the first time. We call this tree "Dancing Queen". 

20220715_175025.thumb.jpg.e7032f02510b677c37bf8fde5cae3d59.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone.

Well First day of my weekend. Our new kitty is getting along well. I was trapped last night for about a half hour. I didn't want to disturb her. while she was comfortable on my lap. The sacrifices you make for your fur kids. LOL. Of course, she didn't want to go in her house last night. but first thing this morning our kitty was up in bed snuggling with me. I will post up a picture when I get one.

@Willow Isn't it just great when companies blame the customer for their screw up. Then later find the problem was theirs in the first place. Reminds me of a time when our housing sent a letter saying that I haven't paid electric for 2 months. I knew I did. SO I took a print out of the payments made. They still said I owed then the $$$. Even with proof.  I finally said show me the letter from the electric Co. whey they pulled it out. It was for apt #4 when we are apt 1. I am so glad that I can soon. tell them to jump in the lake with all their bullcookies.

Only thing I will say on climate change is. How does anyone know it is not natural? Has anyone been around for a million years to know? Heck, we truly don't know what killed of the dinosaurs. Speculations but nothing concrete.

Well I work all day Sunday. 8am to 9pm. I open at the store work till 12. Then start again at 2 till 9 at our booth at Cheyenne Frontier days. SO because of that the boss asked if I wanted the over time or 3 days off. I told him the 3 days would be nice. Because of the closing on our house a week from tomorrow. 

I just wonder that extra day off will be on Wednesday. Wed we are having some big wigs from corporate visit, our new Regional manager, our division VP and another guy that is like 4 from the top is coming. Reason I say that is with my being trans I wonder if the boss will not have me work because of it. I can sense some dislike but nothing I can confirm. I seriously doubt I will get next Sat off. The boss (23?) needs his weekend rest. He most always takes the weekend off. Against the recommendation of the company, which is to give your other managers a weekend off a month.

Well enough of my rambling or b!tching and moaning. ( a girl has a right to do it. darn it.)

Hugs everyone

Kymmie

21 hours ago, Willow said:

@stveee if you are not emotionally ready for full bottom surgery, the orchidectomy is a reasonable alternative just make sure the surgeon knows that you will eventually want full gcs.  It makes a difference in how the do it.

good luck

Willow

Thanks

yeah I am pretty sure that is the direction I am going. I still have time and, to talk with my therapist to even sort out if I am getting ahead of myself at this point.

It's funny as an ex addict I put all kinds of junk in my body for years without a care about serious health consequences or death and now I am actually taking medically prescribed therapy and worried. 

The mind is a weird place.

Had an interesting morning.

I took some trash to the drop-it-off-place.  There was a guy there I worked with before I retired.    (10 years ago now - kinda hard to believe)  In my guy-life I had a long beard, etc.   Now, no beard wearing a dress, painted nails, even a bit of boobage.

He told me I'd change a little.   I told him I'd changed a lot.

It's been an interesting few days. I had my new B-day yesterday, AKA my coming out anniversary.  Lots of people sent well wishes and I think we raised $700 for The Trevor Project.  

I also met with a potential client and basically have my first house listing!  I say basically because I'm getting the contracts signed later today so not counting eggs before they hatch.  It's a nice feeling knowing I will have my name up on a for sale sign soon.

Had a lovely haircut today as well. I just love my stylist.

It's hot as hell here so cancelled my afternoon walking plans with a friend. Maybe I will go get a frozen margarita instead ;)

I got a notice from my surgeon that my Pre-op packet had been mailed and to go schedule a physical! It's getting real! In 9 1/2 weeks I will have my vagina!

I'm glad you talked with HR Lizzy.

42 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

It's been an interesting few days. I had my new B-day yesterday, AKA my coming out anniversary.  Lots of people sent well wishes and I think we raised $700 for The Trevor Project.  

I also met with a potential client and basically have my first house listing!  I say basically because I'm getting the contracts signed later today so not counting eggs before they hatch.  It's a nice feeling knowing I will have my name up on a for sale sign soon.

Had a lovely haircut today as well. I just love my stylist.

It's hot as hell here so cancelled my afternoon walking plans with a friend. Maybe I will go get a frozen margarita instead ;)

I got a notice from my surgeon that my Pre-op packet had been mailed and to go schedule a physical! It's getting real! In 9 1/2 weeks I will have my vagina!

I'm glad you talked with HR Lizzy.

Exciting times! You're on a roll, girl.

Afternoon everyone

It is to dang hot here in central Texas for to much coffee. Congrats @Elizabeth Star and @Bri2020 on your surgery dates. That gives me hope that my surgon may call me before next Feb for my FFS but if not I can wait till then.

Hugs

Riley

A couple days ago I went to lunch with my two immediate supervisors and my coworker / friend. I am not out a work but my friend knows all about Rachel and has been very supportive. So while at lunch my two supervisors start talking about the trans people and their agenda to change all of the children into trans. They went on for several minutes going back and forth bashing trans people. My friend kept watching me. I just sat there eating my lunch and occasionally smiling at my friend. Later when we were alone he told me he was surprised at how calm I was and just let the whole conversation go on around me while not saying a word. So I told him that I did not want to say anything because I do not want to spoil the fun. When he asked what fun I told him that I am pursuing my name change and plan on coming out at work hopefully within the next few month. I cant wait to be sitting in the supervisors office and see their reaction when I come out.

#neversawitcoming, #footinmouth 

7 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

A couple days ago I went to lunch with my two immediate supervisors and my coworker / friend. I am not out a work but my friend knows all about Rachel and has been very supportive. So while at lunch my two supervisors start talking about the trans people and their agenda to change all of the children into trans. They went on for several minutes going back and forth bashing trans people. My friend kept watching me. I just sat there eating my lunch and occasionally smiling at my friend. Later when we were alone he told me he was surprised at how calm I was and just let the whole conversation go on around me while not saying a word. So I told him that I did not want to say anything because I do not want to spoil the fun. When he asked what fun I told him that I am pursuing my name change and plan on coming out at work hopefully within the next few month. I cant wait to be sitting in the supervisors office and see their reaction when I come out.

I don't think I could have kept my mouth shut but that's me in the now. A few years ago I probably would have done the same thing and sat quietly as I slid deeper into the closet.

I managed to get myself into an awkward spot yesterday. I stopped by a local smoke shop on the way home (they have some of the best candles) and ran into one of the women who works there. I have seen and talked to her several times before and I had been feeling I need to get to know her better. So, this time I asked her would like to hang out sometime. I guess I had been expecting her to (in some form or fashion) say no but it totally went the other way and she said yes. I made my purchase, we traded numbers and I was on my way. In my excitement I forgot one small detail.....I don't know her name. Like, I have no idea what it is. This is going to be so awkward.

I also had dinner at a friend's house. At least, I think she's a friend. Might be something more. On her last shopping trip she loaded the fridge with fresh fruits and veggies so there would always be something there for me to eat since I'm vegetarian. She also kissed me the other day and not on the cheek. She tried to justify it by saying it's what friends do, kiss on the lips to say hello and goodbye. Yea...., I watched her interact with two other friends. There were small hugs but no kissing. As much as I would like to know where this is heading I'm just gonna ride the wave and let things develop organically.

• Forum Moderator

good morning 

I allowed the French to roast my coffee today.  I get my blood work this afternoon.  Yesterday I pumped the water out of my dinghy it was really full. I brought a few more things home.  Have a great day.  willow

image.thumb.png.ada7fc46eb7e957847b494fe77ec1cbc.png

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I managed to get myself into an awkward spot yesterday. I stopped by a local smoke shop on the way home (they have some of the best candles) and ran into one of the women who works there. I have seen and talked to her several times before and I had been feeling I need to get to know her better. So, this time I asked her would like to hang out sometime. I guess I had been expecting her to (in some form or fashion) say no but it totally went the other way and she said yes. I made my purchase, we traded numbers and I was on my way. In my excitement I forgot one small detail.....I don't know her name. Like, I have no idea what it is. This is going to be so awkward.

It's not as awkward as you think. I've had deep conversations with someone before I got around to, "I'm sorry, but you never told me your name." If there's a connection, labels don't matter.

Can confirm. Not one of my friends has ever kissed me on the lips. Hugs? Sure. Episodes of feeling each other up? Yeah, that happened. No kisses on the mouth though.

Hugs!

11 hours ago, CD Rachel said:

Wow. I give you a lot of credit. I imagine my heart would have been pounding so loud everyone would have heard it. Btw, the date you wrote about recently sounded lovely. 

3 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I also had dinner at a friend's house. At least, I think she's a friend. Might be something more. On her last shopping trip she loaded the fridge with fresh fruits and veggies so there would always be something there for me to eat since I'm vegetarian. She also kissed me the other day and not on the cheek. She tried to justify it by saying it's what friends do, kiss on the lips to say hello and goodbye. Yea...., I watched her interact with two other friends. There were small hugs but no kissing. As much as I would like to know where this is heading I'm just gonna ride the wave and let things develop organically.

I agree with Jackie - not as awkward as you think regarding the name. I think it happens more often than we realize. Just laugh and ask her. You may even wind up setting her at ease as she likewise may not know/remember your name. I've learned that most people are bad with names; it's actually rare when someone is good with them. Use the opportunity, paradoxically, as a friendly ice breaker. 

I have some friends whom I kiss on the lips and others whom I don't. It's not my personal practice, but I particate when any of those friends initiate. And, of those friends, they don't kiss all their other friends on the lips. Could be they only kiss friends who are cool with it. However, it's a fact that a kiss on the lips is more intimate than on the cheek, say. Is the intimacy potentially sexual or strictly emotional? That of course remains to be seen...

I can't recall the last time I kissed anyone on the lips, or anyone kissed me anywhere, including and most especially my wife. She did give me a hug last Christmas, said she didn't hate me. 

@Elizabeth Star I'd say roll with it. 

1 hour ago, Hannah Renee said:

can't recall the last time I kissed anyone on the lips, or anyone kissed me anywhere,

Like that for me as well.

No lie, I miss it.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share. I just got back from the court house for submitting my name change request. I am so excited about making changes now.

Tomorrow returning to the scene of the crime LOL. Heading down to New Hope to meet two (Hopefully) friends. We plan on shopping till we drop and then checking out the night life. Of course I can not help to hope that things go as well as they did last time I was there but realistically I just hope to shop, dance and enjoy some time with friends.

But still keeping my fingers crossed....

~Rachel

• Forum Moderator

Hi, guess I need to watch what I wear.  We changed pharmacies to one very close to our new place, CVS in Target.  Well the same tech is there every time we go.  I went in today, oh did you get you hair cut?  I wore a different wig.  Guess I’m wearing this one for a while.  Good part is in very short order we are very familiar to them.

25 minutes ago, CD Rachel said:

I just wanted to share. I just got back from the court house for submitting my name change request. I am so excited about making changes now.

Good for you.

At my last meeting with my therapist, I was talking about how I want to/need to do this…  And how at the same time I'm terrified to go to the courthouse.  This is a conservative county, and I cannot handle bureaucracies on my best days.

8 minutes ago, Willow said:

Good part is in very short order we are very familiar to them.

Yeah.  I'm pretty well known in the places I frequent.

@Jandi yep same here. during the last two elections there were only Trump signs around here. Had to drive 40 minutes south just to know who Trump was running against. LOL But at this point I am having fun. I went dressed as Rachel carrying my purse to the court house and then grocery shopping. I do not come even close to passing but I still need to live my life as who I am. I got a couple of long looks but for the most part people were either polite or just tried to ignore me if they could. So I just give the world the double bird and I will continue with being me. Oh yes it will be most difficult being Rachel where I work but I fully intend to be out at work after I get my name and gender makers changed.

~Rachel

Went to a new nail salon this morning,welcomed me in hassle free.Loved how I was treated and the owner said I am welcomed to come back anytime.Said she does not discriminate.

@CD RachelGood for you. Enjoy the high. To you and @Jandi, I live in a very conservative town in a conservative part of the state. The town (25k people) is the county seat of the smallest county in the state. The courthouse is a hair under a mile from my apartment. I had absolutely zero negative reaction from anyone when I walked in to submit my name change paperwork a few weeks ago. I was treated just like anyone else, from security to clerk's office personnel. Then went to a local publisher to have the legal notice published. If I get any strange looks or reactions around here, they're behind my back and out of earshot - and I don't care. Yes to the double bird.

Just continue to be you and enjoy it.

20 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

I agree with Jackie - not as awkward as you think regarding the name. I think it happens more often than we realize. Just laugh and ask her. You may even wind up setting her at ease as she likewise may not know/remember your name. I've learned that most people are bad with names; it's actually rare when someone is good with them. Use the opportunity, paradoxically, as a friendly ice breaker. 

I did the adult thing and just asked her. Problem solved.

14 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi, guess I need to watch what I wear.  We changed pharmacies to one very close to our new place, CVS in Target.  Well the same tech is there every time we go.  I went in today, oh did you get you hair cut?  I wore a different wig.  Guess I’m wearing this one for a while.  Good part is in very short order we are very familiar to them.

I admit, it does feel pretty good when this happens.

12 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

I had absolutely zero negative reaction from anyone when I walked in to submit my name change paperwork a few weeks ago. I was treated just like anyone else, from security to clerk's office personnel. Then went to a local publisher to have the legal notice published. If I get any strange looks or reactions around here, they're behind my back and out of earshot - and I don't care. Yes to the double bird.

I'm so happy to hear it all went so well.