• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

10:32am CDT, I am now officially divorced - again. Last time, there were no tears. This time is different. It's a bit surreal, never expecting this day to come. We had a good thing going for a long time. 5 days from now would have been our 25th wedding anniversary, out of 27 years together. She does not wish to be married to a woman - I can't be anyone else. Strange blend of sadness and joy. C'est la vie.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was married over 40 years.  When we split, it freed me to reexamine who I was.  It's been a few years now, but I'm still dealing with my emotions.  

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations, @Hannah Renee On your new freedom. My wife is that way. "I married a man"

Hey everyone, Party at Hannah's house. we need to cheer her up. OH, wait I think she is. Anyway I'll bring the Mtn Dew. Drinking my own MD Pitch Black. Reg MD and grape koolaid.

I would love top surgery but alas. I'm like you Willow. I don't want anything to big. maybe a C cup. Haven't even looked into sizing for implants. I guess I will find out when the time comes.  When and if it ever does.

Hair and brows look great, was able to get out and back home without anyone knowing. Wife was at work , son had gone to wallys.  I post up pictures in a bit. (about time I broke every ones monitor.) LOL.

Hugs,

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Congratulations, @Hannah Renee On your new freedom. My wife is that way. "I married a man"

Hey everyone, Party at Hannah's house. we need to cheer her up. OH, wait I think she is. Anyway I'll bring the Mtn Dew. Drinking my own MD Pitch Black. Reg MD and grape koolaid.

I would love top surgery but alas. I'm like you Willow. I don't want anything to big. maybe a C cup. Haven't even looked into sizing for implants. I guess I will find out when the time comes.  When and if it ever does.

Hair and brows look great, was able to get out and back home without anyone knowing. Wife was at work , son had gone to wallys.  I post up pictures in a bit. (about time I broke every ones monitor.) LOL.

Hugs,

Kymmie

My wife (sorry, ex- now) assumed she married a man. I guess the joke was on both of us. I did truly love her, but I guess love doesn't always conquer all.

Fair warning regarding the party. It's a small apartment, with one small bathroom an only a couple of places to sit. If you're anything close to my age, bring some Depends, just in case. And Kymmie, bring plenty of Mountain Dew. Me likey.

3 hours ago, Hannah Renee said:

My wife (sorry, ex- now) assumed she married a man. I guess the joke was on both of us. I did truly love her, but I guess love doesn't always conquer all.

Mine had felt the same way although it didn't make any sense to my. A lot of people, including her BFF and family thought I was possibly gay. Guess from a certain POV they were right.

9 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Mine had felt the same way although it didn't make any sense to my. A lot of people, including her BFF and family thought I was possibly gay. Guess from a certain POV they were right.

My ex said she fell in love with me because of who I was in spite of my past, because the past shapes a person. So it was because of the person I was, not exclusively because I was a "man." (I understand that she's not romantically interested in women. I wasn't romantically interested in men. Still much prefer women.) But the person I am is the person I was, with more bumps along the way, but, I think, some improvements as well. I get the impression right now that she feels I'm a different person inside, and not in a good way. I'm still me, the same heart and soul - just upgraded the exterior. I'm sad that she and I can't continue any relationship beyond our kids. I wouldn't fit in her social circle. Not exactly a woman-to-woman relationship with them during the past 20 years.

9 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

A lot of people, including her BFF and family thought I was possibly gay.

My ex and I had this conversation a few times.  I was not particularly attracted to guys tho.

I think that at this point it would mostly matter if a person (of any gender) was interested in me as a person.  

But considering my age and location, I don't expect much.  Unfortunate, but reality.

• Forum Moderator

My wife said she loves me, a man. She refuses to believe that I am the very same person whither I am a male or female.  as Hannah said, the inside hasn't changed. She has said that she couldn't be seen with me as a woman out holding hands. It seems that she doesn't want to seen as a lesbian. Yet, she doesn't care what other people think of her. Go figure.  Yet, we have been out and about to places where I was seen as female.

Well the fencometer must be broken. It is reading in the 40s. cloudy and overcast. forecast in the upper 50s today. So it may not be broken. LOL. It just may just be, a cuddle on the couch with my coffee cup kinda day. Alas I will probably do some work on the wagon.  The wife mentioned taking it again when we visit our oldest the end of the month.  I know I won't get the injection system installed. but maybe able to at least get the upgraded headlights done.

Have a good day friends,

Hugs,

Kymmie

We're dealing with that "I married a man" issue here too. We've been doing some online therapy, seems to be helping.

In one of the sessions I did say the glass half full take on my life is at least one person out there looks at me and thinks 'woman'. 

Happy Saturday everyone 

we met our daughter for lunch yesterday. Took her some donuts from a local specialty shop.  We had a good time.  We invited her to come here for thanksgiving.  She said she would see what she could do, her schedule isn’t that far out yet and she just lost two nurses so she is having to work nights again.  She has only 5 more classes to take for her MS. 

It rained off and on all night.  Heavy sometimes.  We have two hurricanes out in the ocean causing bad rip currents. But a high pressure system between the US and the hurricanes keeping them away(good thing) but a low pressure system just west of us and the two working together are pulling lots of water in the form of rain up the coast.  Well over 2 inches expected.

Married a man, don’t want people to think I’m a lesbian, I won’t touch you, and many more common phrases we’ve all heard many times.  Would I be broken if my wife left?  I sure would.  Could i make it on my own?  Better than she would and she knows it.  But she does keep that threat hanging in the air.  She knows we need each other for many reasons.

coffee is getting cold so I’d better get back to drinking it.

Willow

12 minutes ago, Willow said:

Married a man, don’t want people to think I’m a lesbian, I won’t touch you, and many more common phrases we’ve all heard many times.  Would I be broken if my wife left?  I sure would.  Could i make it on my own?  Better than she would and she knows it.  But she does keep that threat hanging in the air.  She knows we need each other for many reasons.

@Willow @KymmieL & @RhondaS

This has to be the common mantra, sang by most unsuspecting spouses, who lives with a transgender woman. Especially if they've been married for a decade or more.

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

On my second cup of coffee, watching the cats debate which door of window to look out of. It's a cool morning here, and I have the windows and doors open. It's nice to hear the birds drowning out the faint city noises.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

52 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

5D1EDA7A-5BAF-42CE-8170-0CAAF4E4356B.jpeg

I love this take on Einstein. Definitely proves his theory of relativity is correct... 

Hello everyone    just got back from shopping. good for another week. My HRT is working and feels good. life over all is good still have not gone to any big event .going to some day. Had a pumpkin iced latte at dunkin donuts this morning. it was good. have a good day every one.

@Hannah Renee@Mmindy@KymmieL It seems that our partners can be one of the most difficult aspects of adjusting ourselves.  I think my GF is having a harder time with it than my husband.  But even my husband remarked again the other day, "I thought I had a girl Pocket Fox, and it turned out I got a boy Pocket Fox" (his nickname for me.)  He knows I'm still the same person, but the social aspect of being suddenly in an unintended same-sex relationship seems to be a big deal.  😢

16 hours ago, RhondaS said:

We're dealing with that "I married a man" issue here too.

Yup, me too!  As others commented, I don’t get it, I am still the same person inside.  Been married 39 years, and I don’t want it to be over, but I need to be Free to be me.  
I hope everyone going through these difficult times can get through this and make the relationship last.

All the best,

Janae

6 hours ago, Janae said:

I don’t get it, I am still the same person inside.  Been married 39 years, and I don’t want it to be over, but I need to be Free to be me.  

Although I am no longer married, I get it.  I was married over 40 years.  I did not want to split, but it happened, and I was heartbroken.  

But on the other hand, it was only when I was single again that I was free to explore the parts of myself that I had been suppressing for so many years.

So now I am trying to live this next chapter of my story.

• Forum Moderator

Morning everyone on this day of remembrance. I remember exactly what I was doing when I learned. 

Moving on. Have my grandsons this weekend. Kind of a pain last night but they are playing nice this AM.

Yesterday while they were eating dinner. (Mac &cheese, a kids staple?) our oldest grandson, (almost 7) finds my red nail polish on the table asks what it is? Grammy says, nail polish. without missing a beat. my grandson asks, "is it grandpa's?"

Grammy, No. "is it yours, Grammy?" it's either. I call it a win in my book.

With the nice cool weather, 32 on the ol' fencemeter. Yesterday, I kept my hair down. Got referred to as female by a couple customers. Win again. 

Well off to the the salt mines in a couple. Coffee first.

Have a good day.

Hugs,

Kymmie

44 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Morning everyone on this day of remembrance. I remember exactly what I was doing when I learned. 

Thank you for remembering @KymmieL. So many have forgotten, and that makes me sad. I too remember where I was and what I was doing. I was on active duty and deployed to, of all places, Bosnia. Sometimes it's hard to believe that it's been  a generation and more since then. 

My parents were of the World War 2 generation, and I never truly understood how they felt about Pearl Harbor. Now I think I finally do... 

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, Janae said:

Yup, me too!  As others commented, I don’t get it, I am still the same person inside.  Been married 39 years, and I don’t want it to be over, but I need to be Free to be me.  

I mean, sure, I'm more or less the same person INSIDE, but I wasn't presenting as myself for the first 26 years we were together. I know her, but she only knew my facade. Your wife fell in love with the person you were pretending to be. It can be a pretty big adjustment once that facade falls away.

Hugs!

3 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

I mean, sure, I'm more or less the same person INSIDE, but I wasn't presenting as myself for the first 26 years we were together. I know her, but she only knew my facade. Your wife fell in love with the person you were pretending to be. It can be a pretty big adjustment once that facade falls away.

Hugs!

That's a good point, and under my current circumstances, I now wonder if I fell in love with someone my was pretending to be. I never knew she was capable of the vitriol and hatred she has been spewing at me over not only the last few months (reacting to my transition), but on a number of occasions in the past dozen or so years, seemingly out of the blue. 

23 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

My parents were of the World War 2 generation, and I never truly understood how they felt about Pearl Harbor. Now I think I finally do... 

Marcie,

I used this same analogy to defend my grandchildren's generation, and the new recruits we have in public safety, just last week. They questioned why we're still having 911 memorial day duties, for an event that happened so long ago. Those of us who lived through the 911 event, it's totally devastating, however those who only know it as recent history. There is no emotional attachment and they don't get it. I understand their feelings because they were the same feelings I had for the attacks on Pearl Harbor, HI. 

My connection to the 911 attacks are two fold. 

First, and most directly I knew the members of FDNY Hazmat CO. 1 and Squad 288 personally, having taught for them on many occasions before and since.

Second, I was close personal friends with the Somerset County PA., Emergency Management group and the area fire departments surrounding Shanksville, PA the Flight 93 crash site.

So today is a very somber day for me, and those of our generation.

Good morning everyone, the coffee was Hot, strong, and black.:coffee:

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good morning, friends. Been tired recently due to a strange sleep schedule, but it is ok for now. I'll try to change it so I take less naps in the day. 
Coffee time! ☕

• Forum Moderator

What a change from this morning now 73 fencometer is at 105 but it is in direct sunlight. Even had to scrape the frost from the car windows this AM before I went to work.

It is like when Kennedy was shot, my mom remembers what she was doing when she heard, driving almost hit a tree. While recently people will remember what they were doing when the Queen passed.  Some memories just stick with you. 

wife and youngest are taking the grandsons home. She is seeing how our new to us car is on the road. We picked up another econo box. a 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen with the TDI. Yeah,  we actually own a diesel now.

Everyone had a good rest of the day. I may pop back in later.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Hi everyone,

911 I was at work.  In fact, the whole family was at work.  Our son an airline pilot.  Daughter an RN, wife worked for a group of surgeons and I worked just across the road from the perimeter of Dulles Airport.

wars: my mother was a child during WWI.  My father was in France fighting during WWI.  WWII my father was asked by the department of the Army to fix the operation of Erie Ordinance Depot.  Korea, I remember having blackout drills.  Vietnam my brother-in-law and I both served in the Air Force.  That was my parents last war.  Kennedy, I was home from school, sick and watched the whole thing on TV live.  

So, I’ll start another discussion, how is it our fault when we didn’t know we were transgender?  I knew I had some inappropriate thoughts and desires, but it wasn’t that I knew I was a girl.  I was a man and did those things expected of a man just as @KymmieL did and no doubt a lot of us.  Yes, now I understand those “inappropriate thoughts” and what they meant.  I understand why I got pierced, it was for the pain something else we do.  At one time I had 7 holes, now all but three are closed.  My ears and one other.

Kymmiel I think I mentioned this but we sold our diesel Jeep for a VW Taos.  SUV.  They stopped making Jettas.  We had a 2010 Jetta TDI, loved it until VW bought it back.  Also had a 2013 Passat. So kind of natural we’d go back to VW.  

I’ll likely sell my Ford soon, it isn’t worth much but I don’t need it anymore.  Not worth making needed repairs anymore.

hugs

Willow