• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

The shattering Christmas lights are almost as odd a holiday tradition as "Grandma Got Run Over by a Raindeer" 

• Replies 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Jackie C.

• Elizabeth Star

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My "date" ended up being postponed to the next day for brunch and it became clear she viewed this as a "friend date" because she brought another friend with her.  I did clarify that relationship to be sure. Im ok with that. We got along very well and it was a completely comfortable conversation and breakfast. She is new to the area and just looking to find friends and community for now. 

One of my good friends became my backup date to the local gay social club's HoliGay party and we danced for almost 3 hours straight.  It was a blast.  I became a member of the "Sisterhood of the traveling holiday dress". A friend has a cheap polyester dress with peppermints all over it that fits just about anyone and it goes from friend to friend over the holidays to all the events. This is the 3rd year it's been traveling.  Kinda cool concept!  ANyways, not much more to report other than feeling better and better.  I'm getting close to only having to dilate twice a day! (which I admit has had to happen a few time already due to tough schedules.  Pictured is the dress I wore to the party

D148CEAD-CA03-40DA-AC83-8479F7A232F7.jpeg

70DCDFAE-31BE-4E8B-83FC-4D0D53C80EEB.jpeg

Good Monday morning. Sun is shining brightly.  No rain predicted.  Chilly, however low 40s.  Yes @KymmieL I know that nothing to you and others who live in the north.  I got it!

heading to Charleston today.  My wife is having a temporary procedure.  We hope this works so that she can have the full thing and be rid of a problem once and for always.  It has its drawbacks, the implant a device in her back.  She already has back issues.  

Good morning @Bri2020 I see you just posted.  I’ll read it in a minute.

meantime, time to cut this off and finish getting ready.

hugs

Willow

11 hours ago, stveee said:

1st year of HRT went fast.

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

Happy one year anniversary Stveee, like you I find it funny that we get a kick out of breaking Christmas/Holiday light at the top of the page. 

@Willowsafe travels to you and your wife, I hope they're able to ease her back pain.

@Bri2020 I love the dress.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

32 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I find it funny that we get a kick out of breaking Christmas/Holiday light at the top of the page. 

I did it by accident, with my speaker volume up. At 4:30 A.M. Before coffee.

Perhaps I'll stop trembling soon.

1 hour ago, Colleen Henderson said:

I'll stop trembling soon.

Good morning/afternoon Colleen,

When I first ran across the lights a couple of years ago, I had earbuds in, and it made me jump. I flinched, looked around, and still didn't make the connection that it was the lights at the top of the page. We have cats, so I started looking for something they may have pushed off a shelf.

Hugs,

🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

17 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

I had earbuds in, and it made me jump. I flinched, looked around, and still didn't make the connection that it was the lights at the top of the page.

Strange.  I don't hear a thing when they bust.

• Root Admin
17 minutes ago, Ivy said:

It’s an old (unsupported) plugin, may not work on tablets, mobiles and some browsers.

@Petra Jane old or not, it certainly has a following.  I must admit I never heard it before the recording provided by @Colleen Henderson so thank you for that, Colleen.  I always use my iPad and it apparently doesn’t always behave itself.

Willow

3 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Happy one year anniversary Stveee, like you I find it funny that we get a kick out of breaking Christmas/Holiday light at the top of the page.

😂 Here I was wondering if I was the only one who did that... its like I have a compulsion to do it every time the page refreshes. 

I'm going to trot off now, chew on the furniture, shriek a bit, and maybe knock something off a shelf.  I don't belong in the house. 

Good afternoon everyone, 

Here’s a video of my breaking of the lights. I found that I only have sound when I’ve clicked on the page first. 

3 hours ago, Ivy said:

I normally keep my headphones level set at 16.  At that level, I don't hear the bulbs breaking.  When I cranked the level up to 90, I heard them.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

I must admit I never heard it before the recording provided by @Colleen Henderson so thank you for that, Colleen.

Well, well well…

I never knew.  They're still fun to bust - just not as much.

• Forum Moderator

Once again sadness has invaded our house. 15 min before I got home from work this evening. My wife got a call from her Uncle. Law enforcement found my brother in law dead in his house today. My wife is still in shock as are me and our sons.

Hug your loved ones, you never know when they will be gone.

Kymmie

@KymmieL, I'm sorry for your loss. It's sad to lose a family member; so sad that mere words aren't adequate. It's especially hard during this time of year. You and your family will be in my prayers. May you all find the comfort and healing you need during your tie of grief.

@KymmieL oh my!  What a terrible week for your wife.  I am so sorry.  My sincere condolences for your you, your wife and sons.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieLSorry to read about your Brother in law Kymmie, how tragic, thoughts be with you and your family. 

@WillowHappy birthday young lady

Cyndee 

• Forum Moderator

Kymmie I am sorry to read of your family's loss.  Hold on to your family.

Jani 

Coffees for all. I wish we could really have coffee together. I would even make a coffee pot for the occasion. 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

5E6526F9-6169-4126-9747-940BAF032961.jpeg

I've been devoting time lately to my late-in-life hobby: an on-line radio station. I spent 13 years in the industry back in the 80s and early 90s, both out on the air and in copywriting and production. In terms of audience, I'm pretty much targeting people close to or in my age group. I think the scientific term is "fossils".

I'm getting positive feedback from this toy of mine. It turns out that when you do something just for fun it can impact people in a positive way. Who knew?

Station Logo.jpg

Station Popularity.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Thanks to all my family here on TP. You are the best. @Mmindythat would be great for all of us to have coffee, together. we would have to warn were ever we went to make sure they had enough coffee for us.

@Willow Happy Birthday, my girlfriend.

Hugs to you all.

Kymmie

On 12/1/2022 at 11:11 PM, Heather Nicole said:

So I've been feeling a little bit weird. Complicated, I guess. I can't believe I'm already just about coming up on my 1-year HRT (or GAHT as my clinic calls it) trans-iversary, on this coming 27th.

I just had my latest bloodtest earlier this week, and my follow-up appointment this evening. My hormone levels have technically gotten better, better than they've ever been, but they're still considerably far from the target. (At least I have breast buds now though!!). The last couple days, since my bloodtest results, I'd been pre-emptively freaking and kind of obsessing over the decision between sticking with patches (at another incremental, unlikely to make much difference, moderate dosage increase) or just saying "this isn't working" and switching to injections (and proceeding to freak out over "what if?"s about things like: side-effects of big hormone fluctuation swings, or to a lesser extent "Is the nurse's how-to instruction going to be enough for my sorry pedantic ass to sufficiently know how to poke myself properly?").

In the end, and with me "on the spot", we settled on another conservative bump in my E patch dosage. I still don't know how to feel about that. Part of me was hyped up to "make the leap" to injections, but another part was freaking out over potential roller-coaster effects from the bigger fluctuations in levels. So I still don't know how to feel about it, but in retrospect, I suppose it's probably for the best we went with the most conservative option since my bodyweight is still a major ongoing problem 😭

Hi @Heather Nicole

I too was on patches and a month ago switched to weekly injections so far, no wild swings but I have noticed that by injection day I am a little grumpy. After my injection say 20 minutes or so I am back to being happy as a clam.