• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Katie23 said:

C. Diff sucks no matter how you wind up with it. Hope you are healing up well.

Yeah. No kidding. I'm over half way through the Vancomycin now. Much better starting a couple days ago. 

Thanks 😊

• Forum Moderator

Well TGIF

Today the rain begins. 2 ½ inches over the next three days.  Good news/bad news the coastal land here is pretty flat and sandy.  Good news no mudslides. Bad news flooding can and does happen as the rain water tries to get to the ocean.  At least I have flood insurance.  I figured being on the first floor and close as I am to the swimming pool that might not be a bad idea.

Worst part is taking the dog out.

Yes @KymmieL I do realize it’s not your Friday.  But on the other hand it doesn’t really matter to me what day of the week it is, the only difference it makes is taking my injection and appointments. Boy is auto correct stupid I had appointments written out perfectly and it decided I meant appreciates and changed it.

well we had a nocturnal visitor. Walked by checking cars to break into. My neighbor shared ring video of someone peering in to cars and checking door handles.

1 hour ago, Willow said:

But on the other hand it doesn’t really matter to me what day of the week it is,

That is one thing about being retired.  It kinda takes some getting used to.  "3 Day Weekends" mean nothing to me anymore.

I have my phone set up to remind me when to change my titty tape.  I would forget otherwise.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Willow said:

Yes @KymmieL I do realize it’s not your Friday.  But on the other hand it doesn’t really matter to me what day of the week it is, the only difference it makes is taking my injection and appointments. Boy is auto correct stupid I had appointments written out perfectly and it decided I meant appreciates and changed it.

well we had a nocturnal visitor. Walked by checking cars to break into. My neighbor shared ring video of someone peering in to cars and checking door handles.

Oh, I gave up the days of the week long ago. Its just another day. just like any and all Holidays they are just a day. nothing special.  I thank uncle sugar for that.

As for your complexes night time visitor(s) I don't know anyone on goddesses green earth that doesn't know the sound of a 12 gauge be racked. I miss the old days when you could give a trespasser a load of rock salt.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
On 2/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, Hannah Renee said:

DO KNOW HARM - DO NO HARM.

Hannah, the heart longs for the love of others, even after they've passed, and we thought we had grieved enough. Hugs.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, Jamie68 said:

Just checking in with an update. Surgery went awesome. (Zero depth vaginoplasty). Took 6 hours. They were amazed that I didn't need any pain meds during recovery. Healing quickly. Rush University is a great place.

Jamie68, thanks for checking in, and I'm so happy for you and your results. Hugs.

10 hours ago, Ivy said:

That is one thing about being retired.  It kinda takes some getting used to.  "3 Day Weekends" mean nothing to me anymore.

I have my phone set up to remind me when to change my titty tape.  I would forget otherwise

@Willow, and @Ivy, retirement is a good thing. I'm still in a semi-retirement situation. I no longer have a busy travel schedule, but I am building training equipment in my small shop. Like you I still need to set reminders on my phone so that I don't forget them. Hugs for you both.

19 hours ago, KymmieL said:

My GYN had me get one. Almost to show that even trans woman need one. clean and green.

Glean & Green as a PSA for all women including trans-women that you need to have a Mammogram.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

@Jackie C. Hugs, and thank you for the update on @Bri2020. Like you I think @Elizabeth Star is just to busy with her life, and I'm happy for her.

Good morning everyone,

I was up early making physical visits to a couple of manufacturing vendors with Coffee on the run.:coffee:

I have a few follow up emails to make, then I'm on vacation heading out tomorrow showing the wife, what the historical south.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
1 minute ago, Mmindy said:

@Jackie C. Hugs, and thank you for the update on @Bri2020. Like you I think @Elizabeth Star is just to busy with her life, and I'm happy for her.

I feel that. My life has kind of taken off and I'm a BUSY little thing so I'm not on as long as I used to be, but I still try and make time to check in a couple of times a day.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi again,

We have mentioned several tests recently that we “need”.   We are told that because we take female hormones we need to check for breast cancer and get mammograms.  I’m good with that.  Breast cancer doesn’t follow my family, however, some cancer does and sometimes you develop cancer as a reaction to medication as I did or as a result of the application of simple things like antiperspirant and even talcum powder.  

As for a PSA test, absolutely a big yes from me, but there is an end point.  If you get rid of the old walnuts, there is nothing making T.  Add to that a dose of E which is often used to slow or stop the prostate cancer and needing a PSA goes away.  

But here’s one no one told you about, a CA125.  This is just another marker that can be used to identify a cancer, very similar to a PSA in that regard.  And clearly your pcp or even your gynecologist if you have one will say, you don’t need that.  Why not?  Because they only use it for cis women with a family history of ovarian cancer.  But it also detects other abdominal cancers such as  paratinial cancer.  That is a cancer men or women can get. It’s the membrane that holds your intestines etal in place.  If you get that, you won’t know until it’s too late.  So consider getting that checked especially if you are on female hormones and are post surgery.  

So, just take care of yourself and have the best life you can

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good afternoon everyone,

@WillowThank you for updating the types of cancer tests we should be looking for.

In my reply to @KymmieL I used PSA as a short for Public Safety Announcement, not even thinking about the PSA that folk should have completed. On my Twitter account I'm constantly looking up modern abbreviations. W = wining, FTK = for the kill, T4T = Trans for Trans support or relationship. These keep my google busy.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

@Mmindy I admit I am not up on modern lingo and don’t even think about it most of the time.  I knew Prostate Antigen didn’t exactly fit what you were saying but to me that was what a PSA test means so oops, my bad.  My sister knew that ovarian cancer ran in my mothers side show she always got one. The very unexpectedly one year her test number jumped up.  Must be a mistake, retook the test two weeks later, even higher 6 weeks later they went in through her belly button and discovered not only ovarian but paratenial cancer and that was the real problem.

it can’t be surgically treated, it can’t be treated by radiation, and chemotherapy has limited success.  Because they found it early she was able to fight it for several years, but in the end, the chemotherapy killed her.  Paratenial cancer is hundreds of rice sized tumors.

She suggested I should also get tested.  I got a baseline so I know what would be elevated, but then thought, if it can’t be cured, do I really want to know I have it.  I still don’t have a good answer.

4 hours ago, Willow said:

if it can’t be cured, do I really want to know I have it.

Yeah.  We have some DNA stuff in my family for ALS.  I lost a  cousin, brother, and sister to it.  Has it been passed on?  I don't know.  I have 8 kids.  Should they get tested?  It's up to them.  I don't plan on getting tested, what's the point?

For myself, I was the oldest sibling.  I'm the only one still living.  Going by my father and grandfather, I fully expected to be dead 3 years ago.  But here I am.  I didn't have any plans to live this long.  I don't know what to do.  It's messing with my head, to be honest.

I wonder, will I be deadnamed when I'm gone?

Life is so weird sometimes.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

The trip South to New Orleans, LA starts today. We just have to pack and toss the suitcases in the Explorer and go. This will be the last home brewed coffee, until we return in a week.

Indy to Birmingham, AL today.

Birmingham, Al to Laurel, MS on Sunday. Going to see the HGTV Hometown Shop and houses.

Laurel, MS to New Orleans, LA on Monday. Three days in and around historical sites.

New Orleans, LA to Vicksburg, MS Thursday to see Civil War sites.

Vicksburg, MS to Nashville, TN for the Grand Ole Opry Saturday Night.

Nashville, TN back home in Indy on Sunday.

Coffee reports in the AM daily.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

@Mmindy, Sounds like a fun trip. Be safe in the road. 

If you haven't been before, I think you'll enjoy the Vicksburg Civil War sites. It's been a while since I was here, but if memory serves, there is a partial reconstruction of a Union ironclad on display that is amazing.

And the stop at Laurel sounds like fun.

Enjoy!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

saw this one and felt it was good for everyone here.

image.png.04396d21640f78d720d953bd40a9f6b1.png

• Forum Moderator

Well it rained all night.  Hard at times, but it’s not raining right now.  I woke up to being the filling I. A sandwich I was in the middle of the bed and our dog had decided to lay beside me on my pillow.  I had no idea she was there until I woke up.  Even 60 pound dogs can be gentle and like softness.

I had a great time at strength and stretch Friday.  I was enjoying the music and putting some extra into it.  Play a joke on the leader.  And got told by two women the wig I was wearing looked good on me.  We use 6” air filled balls for some of the workout. We were early to class so another woman and I got her equipment for her.  I went to get her a ball and thought it was stuck.  Turns out it was the one ball filled with shot.  Half way through the class we grabbed the balls and she was like oh, you got me the weighted ball.  But she used it.  After class we talked and she said I was putting some extra into it.

except we are going to miss a few days to doctors, I do intend to go to her aqua fitness starting next week.

Willow

12 hours ago, Ivy said:

Yeah.  We have some DNA stuff in my family for ALS.  I lost a  cousin, brother, and sister to it.  Has it been passed on?  I don't know.  I have 8 kids.  Should they get tested?  It's up to them.  I don't plan on getting tested, what's the point?

For myself, I was the oldest sibling.  I'm the only one still living.  Going by my father and grandfather, I fully expected to be dead 3 years ago.  But here I am.  I didn't have any plans to live this long.  I don't know what to do.  It's messing with my head, to be honest.

I wonder, will I be deadnamed when I'm gone?

Life is so weird sometimes.

I know how you feel. I've not yet reached my personal life expectancy, but it's closer than I sometimes like to think. I have two younger siblings. My brother turns 69 tomorrow, and my sister will be 67 in May. Our older brother died at 63, our parents at 76, and 3 out of 4 grandparents before 70. So I'm fortunate to have been able to take this journey this late in life. And like you, I've never had plans or desires to live beyond a certain point.

I am currently being looked at for the possibility of cancer. Blood work seems to be ok, so in two weeks I'll find out if a bone marrow biopsy is in the offing. Not sure what I will do if I get a yes-you-have-cancer result. The treatment/no treatment choices can each be potentially distasteful from my standpoint. Right now I just wait and see - and pray.

30 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

I've never had plans or desires to live beyond a certain point.

Of course I never expected to realize I was transgender either.  It's kinda like I really didn't expect to be where I am these days. 

On the other hand, it's kinda like starting a new life.  I'm trying to make a new life that I never planned on.  I mean, I like it and all.  It's just strange and so different.

• Forum Moderator
5 minutes ago, Ivy said:

It's kinda like I really didn't expect to be where I am these days. 

LOL!  None of us did.  There is an ancient Yiddish saying: "Man plans; God laughs."  That about sums up everyone's life, not just us trans folks.  The secret to a happy life is just to hang on and enjoy the ride.

I didn't plan almost anything of where I am now.  It has been an interesting life.  But planned?  😄😄😄

I think a lot of life's enjoyment comes from living in the moment.  I have any plans for the future....none whatsoever.  My life has already turned out so different from what I might have expected. 

I spent this morning with my GF in the kitchen making cookies, and putting meat in a big vat to marinate.  Tomorrow evening is the Super Bowl, so gotta have snacks for the party.  None of us are really avid football fans, but it is a good excuse to get together with others from our community.  GF used to live in Kansas City, so sometimes she likes to watch a Chiefs game, especially the big ones like this.  We've got a projector and a huge screen at the social hall, so plenty of room.  I'll be spending most of my time with food and monitoring the kids as they run around. 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I didn't plan almost anything of where I am now.  It has been an interesting life.  But planned? 

I'm certain had we known, the lead up would have been much different.  Probably much less stressful.

3 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I think a lot of life's enjoyment comes from living in the moment.  I have any plans for the future....none whatsoever.  My life has already turned out so different from what I might have expected. 

I spent this morning with my GF in the kitchen making cookies, and putting meat in a big vat to marinate.  Tomorrow evening is the Super Bowl, so gotta have snacks for the party.  None of us are really avid football fans, but it is a good excuse to get together with others from our community.  GF used to live in Kansas City, so sometimes she likes to watch a Chiefs game, especially the big ones like this.  We've got a projector and a huge screen at the social hall, so plenty of room.  I'll be spending most of my time with food and monitoring the kids as they run around. 

I couldn't agree more about living in the moment.

Ax a Kansas City native who remembers when the Chiefs moved there, I'm all in for the Chiefs. I'm also going to Sedona later today since I live about a mile from the stadium and don't want to cope with the noise, crowds etc.  

Hello, I'm Lelouch. I enjoy coffee every morning when I wake up. It's afternoon but I'm about ready to have my second cup. Hope everybody reading this is doing well. Even if you're not, hang in there, things will get better. ❤️

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

I'm also going to Sedona later today since I live about a mile from the stadium and don't want to cope with the noise, crowds etc.  

I'm jealous 😉 Sedona is lovely during the cool time of year.  I'd love to go camping out there sometime.  My GF likes it there too, but going with her means staying at a resort hotel on the top floor.  Gotta have a soft nest with silky sheets and plenty of room service for my spoiled Russian.