• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I love the straight look on you @Hannah Renee, especially the way the ends fall. The wavy look is very nice too and I would think it perfect for you if I hadn't seen the straighter one. 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm jealous of your hair.  What I still have is grey, and has been for a long time.  I've finally resorted to wigs or some other head covering.  

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I see all your wonderful pictures and comments about hair and I sure wish I could grow mine out.  I would definitely need bangs cause there is nothing but smooth skin for a couple inches above a normal hair line.  Thin there is thin stubble the rest of the top of my head.  The only place anything actually grows is on the sides and back.  Hence, I just cut it all off a wear a wig.  

needless to say, congratulations on you hair, and finding such acceptance.  Cis acceptance is getting harder to find in so many places these days.

It’s odd how things are turning around.  Our Constitution says we will have separation between church and state, freedom of religion!  However, now people are trying to push legislation against Transgender people, in the name of religion!  So, instead of the government dictating what church is right, religion is dictating what government is right.

The worst part of all of this is that God, Jesus nor the Bible actually condemned Transgender people.  And as for children being transitioned, that isn’t actually happening in the Us and never was.  This is all a matter of finding a way to discriminate against a small group that just wants to be left alone.  We finally get some basic rights and extremists what to take us back to the 1950s. 

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @Elizabeth Star for an update on how you were doing. I was worried.

My hair is still there. although it leaves itself all over. It is natural wavy. I hate it. since I has gotten some length it has straightened up some. Apposed to my sister who has arrow straight hair, she was so envious of my hair growing up. It is turning white/gray. Which I don't like but I am growing old but refuse to grow up.

Windy and cold today. May get a wisp of snow. 33 forecast high.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

We finally get some basic rights and extremists what to take us back to the 1950s. 

I think the stone age myself. maybe just the 1800s.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL  my research indicates it actually is the 1950s.  5000 years ago we weren’t an abomination, nor 4000, 3000 or 2000.  Not in the dark ages nor the Industrial Revolution.

but it all started in the 1950s. When minorities started demanding equal rights.  The ultra conservatives needed someone else to pick on so they reworked the Bible and went after the LGBT community.  Things calmed down after the protests in the 70s and 80s and have been getting better right up until Trump and his maggots.  (I don’t believe they should be called MAGA, they are tearing it down not making it better). 

Anyone that cares to, can see that the language changed after WWII regarding all LGBT in the RSV and newer compared to preWWII KJ.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

@KymmieL  my research indicates it actually is the 1950s.  5000 years ago we weren’t an abomination, nor 4000, 3000 or 2000.  Not in the dark ages nor the Industrial Revolution.

but it all started in the 1950s. When minorities started demanding equal rights.  The ultra conservatives needed someone else to pick on so they reworked the Bible and went after the LGBT community.  Things calmed down after the protests in the 70s and 80s and have been getting better right up until Trump and his maggots.  (I don’t believe they should be called MAGA, they are tearing it down not making it better). 

Anyone that cares to, can see that the language changed after WWII regarding all LGBT in the RSV and newer compared to preWWII KJ.

That might be an interesting thread for the religion section

4 hours ago, Willow said:

As @awkward-yet-sweet said, this is more appropriate for the religion section, and specifically the Christianity thread. So, not to go into detail, I think there may be a need to quickly disambiguate here. The post WW2 era saw a proliferation of new translations of the Bible, including the NKJV, which attempted to simplify some of the language of the KJV; the NRSV which did the same thing for the RSV, the NIV, the New Oxford Annotated Bible (NOAB) with apocrypha, the New Jerusalem Bible and a host of others. All were attempts to increase the understanding of Scripture, but sadly, catechizes didn't keep pace and the interpretation and understanding of Scripture among Americans has deteriorated sharply. For example, when I was going through instructor training for the DoD years ago, one of my fellow students confused Sleeping Beauty with the story of Adam and Eve from Genesis. The question isn't whether the language changed (it did in a number of ways), but rather the meaning.

The Bible hasn't been reworked, per se; rather, a small group of ideologues are preying on peoples' ignorance of it's content for their own purposes. It's like that old saying about how the devil quotes Scripture for his own ends. 

If anyone is interested in just how many differing translations of the Bible are currently in use and why, please feel free to PM me or start a thread in the Christianity section. That seems more appropriate.

• Forum Moderator

I believe that Willow just referenced it to inform people.  Not to condone or dispute it. If I saw it as to religious.  I would be the first to tell her. 

Kymmie 

Meeting up with a bully that did bully me a lot.Put me through a lot and he regretted it.We talked and apologized to me for what he did to me.I forgave him seeing he learned his lesson and is now changed.Relationship with my boyfriend going well,4 months into the relationship.He has been supportive and knows I am completely happy as a pre op to this did.

• Forum Moderator

Ok, yes I knew I was treading on thin ice with my last post.  But @KymmieLwas correct, I wasn’t trying to start a sub point here.  In fact the real point was an anti conservative comment and how they are once again trying to make false representations and spread misinformation about Transgender people.  To what end I don’t know but it’s really starting to take hold as a lot of people are believing them.  

We need to find ways to fight back and challenge their misinformation, including references to history that has been changed in the name of easier to read and understand.  Some of these same people would deny the history of our country.  It is what it is.  Similarly they want to deny what happened during WWII.  Deny what happened in South East Asia.  We could write books, not threads about this.  All I want is to find a way to stop the hate and misinformation that is spreading about us before it is too late.

if I offended anyone by mentioning a particular source of said misinformation, then I apologize!

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I hate that the right wing is trying to have us forget the past. WWII, SE Asia, anything to do with black slavery or the confederacy. I take most of the news now a days with a grain of salt. that includes the weather. ( sorry still no official fence-o-meter.)

Most of the world today is to worried about how to solve the problem then the answer itself.

Kymmie

4 hours ago, Willow said:

Ok, yes I knew I was treading on thin ice with my last post.  But @KymmieLwas correct, I wasn’t trying to start a sub point here.  In fact the real point was an anti conservative comment and how they are once again trying to make false representations and spread misinformation about Transgender people.  To what end I don’t know but it’s really starting to take hold as a lot of people are believing them.  

We need to find ways to fight back and challenge their misinformation, including references to history that has been changed in the name of easier to read and understand.  Some of these same people would deny the history of our country.  It is what it is.  Similarly they want to deny what happened during WWII.  Deny what happened in South East Asia.  We could write books, not threads about this.  All I want is to find a way to stop the hate and misinformation that is spreading about us before it is too late.

if I offended anyone by mentioning a particular source of said misinformation, then I apologize!

Willow

Willow, you're 100% spot on. The right in this country has deliberately and willfully spread , I won't say misinformation (you're more tactful than I am) downright lies about the entire LGBTQ+ community, and sadly have chosen evangelicals as their preferred group to spread their views. I believe it's for power pure and simple, but that's just me.

Your points about WWII and South East Asia are also well taken. The thing is, history is simply not taught anymore and children/young adults aren't taught to think; merely how to pass tests. I don't mean to offend anyone with this, but it is fact.

And, imho, you are never offensive. You are one of the most polite and respectful posters on this site.

Marcie

@KymmieL, I absolutely LOVE the picture!!! It had me in stitches. I swear, that could be me first thing in the morning.

A good day today.Had my pilates classes and went well.A new person in my class took it well after telling her I am a pre op mtf.She had no issues with it at all.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Today is supposed to be a rainy day.  The main road out front is closed just north of us, all lanes due to a multi car accident.  Today is house cleaning and laundry day.  Laundry has been a load here and another there kind of week.  We are usually more organized but we’ve had other things going on.

Last night we went out to dinner with a group of neighbors.  We had a good time food wasn’t bad although a little pricey.  Conversation was very good.

I think today will be a two cup day.  Black and bold, just how we like it.  

be safe out there

Willow

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, heatherd said:

A good day today.Had my pilates classes and went well.A new person in my class took it well after telling her I am a pre op mtf.She had no issues with it at all.

I mean... as a pilates instructor, unless your classes are VERY different from the exercises I learned, everything occurs with our pants on and nothing is performed with our genitals so...

Hugs!

On 2/9/2023 at 12:02 PM, Jamie68 said:

Just checking in with an update. Surgery went awesome. (Zero depth vaginoplasty). Took 6 hours. They were amazed that I didn't need any pain meds during recovery. Healing quickly. Rush University is a great place. Rented a studio apartment style at Hyatt House. Only one block from hospital. I walked there to doctor visits. Got to stay at hotel for recovery instead of going to skilled nursing facility. The only downside of the whole experience was that I ended up getting c.diff. doing much better now. Thanks for all your kind words. By the way, my surgeons were Dr Loren Schechter and Dr Brielle Weinstein (she/her). Both awesome. 💜

Jamie68, I'm so glad every went good for you.  It's been a month since your surgery, how has your life changed? XOXO

An update, wrestling with UHC to approve my Orchy. Was orig. scheduled last month and since I have had three psych letters now sent to them, one from a Psychologist, and then they were saying I still was covered under Medicare.

I am going to call them the day before surgery monday to see if there is any chance my appeal was approved but it looks unlikely and will have to reschedule again in three months.

The first question I asked the Doc was if he foresaw any coverage problems, and for an outpatient procedure that takes less than an hour, it feels like I am trying to get the full vaginoplasty with all the red tape. I can see why those who can afford it just pay out of pocket and go into debt, or leave the States altogether for procedures. 

At 15 months on HRT, I am still on the minimum starter dosage as my Endo put off increasing until after surgery last visit.

And I guess I have good receptors and continue to see results slowly, but I'm nowhere near target levels. And then one blood test got lost somehow, so that put me back 6 months.

IDK...I heard it's better to go slower than too quickly, and this whole thing has taught me new levels of patience.

I guess the point is for anyone who is considering HRT business is keep your expectations low, especially if you are older and can't fund it all yourself.

I am glad my mechanic took care of things yesterday.Had my car in for a coolant leak which was fixed.A now ex employee of his harrassed me calling me offensive words.Witness and had a word with him in his office also being told this,you are fired.This was the 2nd time the guy did it to a LGBT person.My mechanic is 100% open minded treating LGBT people the same and knows I am a pre op mtf transsexual

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

I’m so backlogged with prop builds that I’m working through the weekend. When I moved into semiretirement, but cutting out travel training, which was 40% of my annual business, and my life would slow down. This is proving to be wrong, and our manufacturing has grown to replace the training aspect of income. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

BBDB68D0-4A00-40B0-8B6E-914CA5DEE755.jpeg

Good morning, everyone. It so nice to read the positive and empowering updates - trying to catch up on the last few days. 

I suddenly hit a wall of depression and guilt on Tuesday - never been in a place that dark or deep before. My therapy on Wednesday helped but I slipped right back even deeper. That's a place I never want to be in again - so deceptively numbing and enticing. 

Feeling much better today and working to rediscover the joys of this journey. I'm laughing again which feels good.

Yesterday, we had an afternoon and evening out where I had to be the male me so I decided it was a good day to wash my wig. After it was clean, I put it on the wig stand to dry. As I looked at it, I was overwhelmed with emotion and just burst into tears and told my wife "I killed it. It looks like a dead, wet rat!" Of course, that made us both laugh and was the launch point to climbing my way out of the darkness. Humor can cure so many ills. As I saw once in a fake quote attributed to Stalin - Dark Humor is like food. Not everyone gets it. 🙂

Thanks for being here to let me vent. Have a wonderful, joyous day! That's my goal for today, too.