• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

it’s supposed to be the lane last nice day today.  I’ve said that before but the weatherman keeps pushing it back. It did cool down some yesterday afternoon but right back again today.  

Nothing on the agenda today although we do have to make a run to Walmart or Lowe’s Foods. For a couple things.  Either one we have to pass Lowes Home Improvements.  lol you have to be specific around here.

willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

We had a wonderful May Day yesterday. I worked with the shop doors open, and short sleeve tee shirt on under my welding leathers. Today we're back to real March Winter Temperatures. I have a fire in the wood-stove and a long sleeve sweatshirt on. 

Here's a picture of how we kept track of the coffee brew time at my old fire department.:coffee:

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

No photo description available.

Sitting in a hair salon at this very moment - cut and color. Third time here, and with the same stylist. I don't recall if I ever said anything to the stylist about being trans, but I've never been treated as anything other than a woman. When I came in a little while ago, the woman at the desk called back to my stylist and said, "A-, your gal for 10:30 is here." 

• Forum Moderator

@Hannah Renee if only, sigh. 😥 No chance for me of growing my own hair to be styled by a salon.    It’s wigs or bowling ball for me. 

@Hannah ReneeI wish I was sitting in a hair salon right now! I've been having trouble finding a good one. I had an appointment last week but had to cancel because I wasn't feeling well. Maybe next week. I found one in an area of Queens that is around the corner from a senior lgbt center I go to, so I'm hoping to combine trips. I'm overdue for a perm. I've given up on trying to have a masc hair style--my hair is fine and grey with no wave and doesn't really hold the style. 

8 hours ago, Katie23 said:

That's the moment you know you have a good salon. I had a similar thing happen to me about over a year ago when I moved out west. I called a salon, made an appointment, and thought I will just be upfront about being trans. The stylist looks at me and says, "No problem, my son is transgender."

Out of the blue! Sometimes there are odd coincidences that make you smile!

The owner said she does not discriminate at all.

I gave my girl pretty much free rein on what to do, other than I wanted about 2" off. A year ago, it was almost to the middle of my back - grown out for two years from a crew cut. Taking a little off at a time, going for more feminine rather than just long and hard to care for. The last few months, I've been straightening it pretty religiously. Don't care for my hair's natural wayward kinkiness. Well, this is what she did for me, controlled kinkiness in a shorter cut, and I'm loving it. And in spite of my 70 years, I don't actually have that much gray. She puts in the highlights which brings back the color of my youth. 

IMG_20230305_100616159~2.jpg

IMG_20230307_165537368_HDR~4.jpg

Your hair looks beautiful @Hannah Renee! I'm almost totally gray - have been for years - and started growing mine out hoping to get somewhere close to the look and length of my wig. I think yours is really the perfect length now.

I love the straight look on you @Hannah Renee, especially the way the ends fall. The wavy look is very nice too and I would think it perfect for you if I hadn't seen the straighter one. 

I'm jealous of your hair.  What I still have is grey, and has been for a long time.  I've finally resorted to wigs or some other head covering.  

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I see all your wonderful pictures and comments about hair and I sure wish I could grow mine out.  I would definitely need bangs cause there is nothing but smooth skin for a couple inches above a normal hair line.  Thin there is thin stubble the rest of the top of my head.  The only place anything actually grows is on the sides and back.  Hence, I just cut it all off a wear a wig.  

needless to say, congratulations on you hair, and finding such acceptance.  Cis acceptance is getting harder to find in so many places these days.

It’s odd how things are turning around.  Our Constitution says we will have separation between church and state, freedom of religion!  However, now people are trying to push legislation against Transgender people, in the name of religion!  So, instead of the government dictating what church is right, religion is dictating what government is right.

The worst part of all of this is that God, Jesus nor the Bible actually condemned Transgender people.  And as for children being transitioned, that isn’t actually happening in the Us and never was.  This is all a matter of finding a way to discriminate against a small group that just wants to be left alone.  We finally get some basic rights and extremists what to take us back to the 1950s. 

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @Elizabeth Star for an update on how you were doing. I was worried.

My hair is still there. although it leaves itself all over. It is natural wavy. I hate it. since I has gotten some length it has straightened up some. Apposed to my sister who has arrow straight hair, she was so envious of my hair growing up. It is turning white/gray. Which I don't like but I am growing old but refuse to grow up.

Windy and cold today. May get a wisp of snow. 33 forecast high.

Hugs,

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

We finally get some basic rights and extremists what to take us back to the 1950s. 

I think the stone age myself. maybe just the 1800s.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL  my research indicates it actually is the 1950s.  5000 years ago we weren’t an abomination, nor 4000, 3000 or 2000.  Not in the dark ages nor the Industrial Revolution.

but it all started in the 1950s. When minorities started demanding equal rights.  The ultra conservatives needed someone else to pick on so they reworked the Bible and went after the LGBT community.  Things calmed down after the protests in the 70s and 80s and have been getting better right up until Trump and his maggots.  (I don’t believe they should be called MAGA, they are tearing it down not making it better). 

Anyone that cares to, can see that the language changed after WWII regarding all LGBT in the RSV and newer compared to preWWII KJ.

2 hours ago, Willow said:

@KymmieL  my research indicates it actually is the 1950s.  5000 years ago we weren’t an abomination, nor 4000, 3000 or 2000.  Not in the dark ages nor the Industrial Revolution.

but it all started in the 1950s. When minorities started demanding equal rights.  The ultra conservatives needed someone else to pick on so they reworked the Bible and went after the LGBT community.  Things calmed down after the protests in the 70s and 80s and have been getting better right up until Trump and his maggots.  (I don’t believe they should be called MAGA, they are tearing it down not making it better). 

Anyone that cares to, can see that the language changed after WWII regarding all LGBT in the RSV and newer compared to preWWII KJ.

That might be an interesting thread for the religion section

4 hours ago, Willow said:

As @awkward-yet-sweet said, this is more appropriate for the religion section, and specifically the Christianity thread. So, not to go into detail, I think there may be a need to quickly disambiguate here. The post WW2 era saw a proliferation of new translations of the Bible, including the NKJV, which attempted to simplify some of the language of the KJV; the NRSV which did the same thing for the RSV, the NIV, the New Oxford Annotated Bible (NOAB) with apocrypha, the New Jerusalem Bible and a host of others. All were attempts to increase the understanding of Scripture, but sadly, catechizes didn't keep pace and the interpretation and understanding of Scripture among Americans has deteriorated sharply. For example, when I was going through instructor training for the DoD years ago, one of my fellow students confused Sleeping Beauty with the story of Adam and Eve from Genesis. The question isn't whether the language changed (it did in a number of ways), but rather the meaning.

The Bible hasn't been reworked, per se; rather, a small group of ideologues are preying on peoples' ignorance of it's content for their own purposes. It's like that old saying about how the devil quotes Scripture for his own ends. 

If anyone is interested in just how many differing translations of the Bible are currently in use and why, please feel free to PM me or start a thread in the Christianity section. That seems more appropriate.

• Forum Moderator

I believe that Willow just referenced it to inform people.  Not to condone or dispute it. If I saw it as to religious.  I would be the first to tell her. 

Kymmie 

Meeting up with a bully that did bully me a lot.Put me through a lot and he regretted it.We talked and apologized to me for what he did to me.I forgave him seeing he learned his lesson and is now changed.Relationship with my boyfriend going well,4 months into the relationship.He has been supportive and knows I am completely happy as a pre op to this did.

• Forum Moderator

Ok, yes I knew I was treading on thin ice with my last post.  But @KymmieLwas correct, I wasn’t trying to start a sub point here.  In fact the real point was an anti conservative comment and how they are once again trying to make false representations and spread misinformation about Transgender people.  To what end I don’t know but it’s really starting to take hold as a lot of people are believing them.  

We need to find ways to fight back and challenge their misinformation, including references to history that has been changed in the name of easier to read and understand.  Some of these same people would deny the history of our country.  It is what it is.  Similarly they want to deny what happened during WWII.  Deny what happened in South East Asia.  We could write books, not threads about this.  All I want is to find a way to stop the hate and misinformation that is spreading about us before it is too late.

if I offended anyone by mentioning a particular source of said misinformation, then I apologize!

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I hate that the right wing is trying to have us forget the past. WWII, SE Asia, anything to do with black slavery or the confederacy. I take most of the news now a days with a grain of salt. that includes the weather. ( sorry still no official fence-o-meter.)

Most of the world today is to worried about how to solve the problem then the answer itself.

Kymmie

4 hours ago, Willow said:

Ok, yes I knew I was treading on thin ice with my last post.  But @KymmieLwas correct, I wasn’t trying to start a sub point here.  In fact the real point was an anti conservative comment and how they are once again trying to make false representations and spread misinformation about Transgender people.  To what end I don’t know but it’s really starting to take hold as a lot of people are believing them.  

We need to find ways to fight back and challenge their misinformation, including references to history that has been changed in the name of easier to read and understand.  Some of these same people would deny the history of our country.  It is what it is.  Similarly they want to deny what happened during WWII.  Deny what happened in South East Asia.  We could write books, not threads about this.  All I want is to find a way to stop the hate and misinformation that is spreading about us before it is too late.

if I offended anyone by mentioning a particular source of said misinformation, then I apologize!

Willow

Willow, you're 100% spot on. The right in this country has deliberately and willfully spread , I won't say misinformation (you're more tactful than I am) downright lies about the entire LGBTQ+ community, and sadly have chosen evangelicals as their preferred group to spread their views. I believe it's for power pure and simple, but that's just me.

Your points about WWII and South East Asia are also well taken. The thing is, history is simply not taught anymore and children/young adults aren't taught to think; merely how to pass tests. I don't mean to offend anyone with this, but it is fact.

And, imho, you are never offensive. You are one of the most polite and respectful posters on this site.

Marcie

@KymmieL, I absolutely LOVE the picture!!! It had me in stitches. I swear, that could be me first thing in the morning.