• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

Semiretired perks, I mowed the lawn yesterday before any of the neighbors, and the forecast rain this weekend. We did have to bring in the potted flowers to protect them for the frost the last two nights. My small victory garden is next on the list of yard work preparations. One of my favorite HGTV shows in the past, was Gardening by the Yard. They used small raised bed for easy management of soil amendment calculations, and working the rows without walking on the soil to compact it. My wife is even getting into the planning for which vegetables to plant, along with some herbs.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Really, there are some people I think just don't know they're trans in the general membership, but that's up to them.

That happens to a lot of people.

Well the bigger boss is supposed to be visiting the store today. Manager is in shake factor 12. Making sure everything is perfect. Its an auto parts store with mostly guys, 3 woman. what do you expect? Going to make sure if I meet him. I am as feminine as possible, with in co. policy. May not even meet him. don't care if I do or don't. I've been around more important people than him.

Well, my wife closes on her childhood home this evening. We have no need for it. I think she is alright with it. We will see.

Same as yesterday, I hope to come home having a job to go back to.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL In my best Bill Murray voice: "Razzzzle Dazzzzle" (Stripes) without being over the top flamboyant. When I was in the labor force we made sure our VPs and Corporate folks, thought the shop always smelled like fresh paint, and the doorway rugs had clean company logos on them. Once I became the corporate person, making terminal visits. I didn't focus on the structural appearance of the facility. I focused on the personal aspects of the personnel.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

I have lots to do today but I doubt I’ll get much done. First really good nights sleep in several days. But it did require taking something.  My wife got home worn out.  Cat napped from noon to 10 pm and slept all night (as far as I know) and is still asleep.  I’ll soon likely wake her up as I need to shower and get ready for work.  Yesterday was busy all day.  At the end of the day my register was off $5. I actually thought that wasn’t bad.  Probably from the just keep the change folks.  As long as I’m close.  I did have a 2 cents off day but that’s my record.  No one is ever spot on.

I need to check our appointments to see if I need any particular day off next week or two.  I’m pretty sure there are a couple days in May, but that’s next month.

hey Gearhead @KymmieL what’s it take to convert a 2004 Explorer to 4 wheel drive?  (Not AWD). Is that even possible without starting from scratch on the drive train?  Thought I’d give you something to ponder in your quiet moments to keep your mind occupied today.

Willow

Busy day for me, so finally sitting down for an afternoon coffee (decaf). Completed my morning routine, a nice bike ride, finished the laundry. I need some me time.

• Forum Moderator

@WillowWould take Transfer case, new drive shafts F&R, Front axle, CV axles x2, New hubs x2. We had an 03 2wd Explorer Limited that I ha looked at to make 4wd. It is a 3rd gen like yours. 02-05 were 3rd gen.

Well we had the regional manager. Was never introduced to him. Seems like I just don't matter, to anyone. Oh, Well. As far as I know I still have a job to go to tomorrow.

Take care, all.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
On 4/18/2023 at 7:49 PM, April Marie said:

What awesome news on both accounts!!!!  Sending good thoughts that the sellers accept your bid!!!

Well, good news and bad news.  The good news is that we had four showings on our house today.  We have three booked for tomorrow and two for Friday.  So, a lot of interest, and some encouraging feedback.  We are expecting to receive one or more offers very soon.

Bad news is that the sellers of the place we want won't budge on price.  We came up $25,000 from our first offer, and they didn't come down a penny.  Obviously, that's a message.  Our offer was within $5,000 of our absolute maximum, and we are still $30,000 apart, so there is no point in pursuing that any farther.

Back to the listings...

My half day at the lgbtq seniors center was pleasant. I had to fight the desire to stay home and be tired. i'm glad I did. I have too many days at home for my mental health, and pushing myself to get out in the middle of the week was good. Since Wednesdays are pretty low key there (no activities that interest me) I was able to focus on starting the base row for a cowl I want to crochet. 

It's exhausting even when it's quiet, so I rested a lot and then went to a 7PM Zoom meeting. I had to present some information there, and I was so pleased that it was organized and clear. I was losing my ability to organize material, but it's coming back.

Going camping over the weekend with one of my daughters.  Another one was coming, but bailed cause they're predicting rain.

At least it will keep me away from the internet for a bit.

Everyone here seems to have so much going on! I'm just tied up with basic family stuff over the weekend. We've babysat our granddaughter for the past two weeks but before she gets picked up on Sunday we're visiting my elderly parents on Saturday, a couple of hours drive away in the opposite direction. Monday (RDO) and Tuesday (public holiday) will be the first days in over two weeks that my wife and I will actually be alone. That will feel strange!

• Forum Moderator

Six years ago today, I stood up at the community coffee gathering and announced that I was transgender and that I would be Kathy at the following week's meeting.  I got a few surprised looks, but it was generally well-received.  It's still all good.

• Forum Moderator

Good evening

First, @KymmieL I’m glad nothing happened while the district mgr was there.  Thanks for the feedback on what it would take to switch to a 4wd.  Cheaper to sell this and buy something that is already 4wd. Especially since I don’t have a shade tree to work under anymore.  And I can’t do that right now either.

I tell you I see these people come in with their pickup trucks and similar and drop $100 in the gas tank.  Makes me glad I don’t put many miles on either car and if I know I’m going to I pick the one that gets 40 plus on the highway.

kind of a rough day at work. I was alone for 4hours of my 8.  I had some rather long lines and some impatient people.  But hey I can only do so much and each person gets the time it takes to get what they want. One was particularly impatient, one was just nasty, and another told my second after he came in where was the pleasant funny lady.  So it takes all kinds for nasty to sweet and complimentary.  I certainty try to make the most and give everyone the pleasantries they deserve.  Rude didn’t even get a thank you.

Willow

Well coffee on the road. What a day yesterday.had a MRI. When it was my turn they came and got me . Brought me to changing area. I was so happy that they brought me to womens. I far from pass but she could see by my clothes. I didn't think this was would make me so happy. But it did.b we then talked about transitioning. Her friend just had a ba. She told how great she felt. Told me it will like a missing part of my life 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

finally a day off!, and boy do I need it.  This old body just isn’t ready for such long days.

the dog didn’t want to give up space on our bed last night and I was not falling a sleep so I couched it for a while.  Not sure how long. But I did wake up at one point and went to bed.  Got the dog to make room then allowed her to snuggle with me.  This morning she was on the bed but had moved..

Crazy dream, we were trying to make a flight to Cameroon and I kept having to go through passport control. Really weird.  Woke up having missed the flight.  Really didn’t want to go there anyway.  I mean, who dreams of going to Cameroon besides a Cameroonian?

Well, I’ve got stuff to do today, prescriptions, pay a tax bill, out to dinner with my wife’s brother and his wife, food shopping. The day off that is anything but a day off.

Damn, I just got notice I can’t fly with my shillelagh.  Now I won’t make it through TSA.  How’s a girl to protect herself?  Annoying and just when I was getting to where I didn’t have to take off my shoes and jacket.  lol

Enjoy your day, one cup down at least one to go.

hugs

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

I see these people come in with their pickup trucks and similar and drop $100 in the gas tank.

There are times I miss having a truck.  But I don't miss pouring gas through one.  My old Accord does okay on gas, and I have a trailer for when I need to handle something big.

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Six years ago today, I stood up at the community coffee gathering and announced that I was transgender and that I would be Kathy at the following week's meeting.  I got a few surprised looks, but it was generally well-received.  It's still all good.

What a wonderful anniversaary! Congratulations!!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Mirrabooka said:

We've babysat our granddaughter for the past two weeks but before she gets picked up on Sunday we're visiting my elderly parents on Saturday

Mirrabooka,

For those of us who have grandchildren, that sounds like a lot going on. Then to visit with elderly parents, so they can see the next generation of their bloodline it cool.

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

Six years ago today, I stood up at the community coffee gathering and announced that I was transgender and that I would be Kathy

Congratulations Kathy.

The coffee is gone,:coffee:

We're packing up to go back to our hometown for a bittersweet weekend.

My cousin, who was like a sibling for most of my life. Lost his to cancer earlier this week.

My Nephew is getting Married on Saturday, so that's a plus.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Finally, a morning where I didn't need to have cold medicine with my morning coffee! Today looks to be a lazy day some more laundry and a short run for a workout.

@WillowI also had a weird flying dream. Somehow I was flying a small passenger jet when the controls failed and I managed to land the plane on a golf course. I was worried about being arrested and having to pay a fine for flying without a license. I suppose the nighttime cold medicine can be blamed.

@KathyLaurenWhen we last sold our house in October of 21, it was a whirlwind. Put our house on sale the Friday before labor day, had 22 people see the house over the weekend got 14 offers over list and ended selling to the 3rd candidate from our list of offers. We moved from Chicago area to Memphis. We had made one trip to look at houses but didn't find one that suited. Ended about buying a home that we didn't see in person. My wife's twin sister and our youngest daughter acted as our surrogate buyers. They did face time walk through of each house. We bid on our house at a bot over list price. Initially bid was rejected but we were to convince our buyer to close a week earlier and got our house. Later I found out that the reason our bid was accepted was that the owner was an Intellectual Property  attorney and I had some patents. It also turned out to be a great way to meet neighbors as everybody wanted to meet the people that bought a house without seeing it. We did actually see it before we closed on it. I'm sure things will work out well for you

@happyinvermontWhat a wonderful experience!

I haven't tried coffee yet because I'm feeling off. I canceled my plans for the lgbtq center tomorrow. Glad to see some good news from people here this morning. Helps offset some of the crap out there.

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

@happyinvermont Thank you for your message! As Dillon said, it's nice to read an occasional posting about a happy happening. Such postings sure brighten my day. 😄 Rianon

Hi, everyone!!! My wife and I are off on a short vacation enjoying time together. Left yesterday and return home on Monday. 

Congratulation on your anniversary @KathyLauren!!!

Be safe everyone and enjoy this beautiful day!!!!

Hi, sorry I haven't been on in a while! I'm catching up on some sewing as I type this (I got some inspiration from a video) and feel like my first attempt at a blanket stitch is going quite well!

Good Morning.

My tea is ready (coffee gives me migraines). It's a very dull rainy day today. Was nice yesterday though, lots of sunshine.

I've been working from home for a while now, so my mornings start with a bit of a rush to make sure my son gets off to school okay, but I'm able to relax and slow down a bit more as I settle into work. It's also when I'm able to be myself a little more.

Anyway, wishing everyone a good Friday.