• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

16 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

IMG_1294.png

Its too small to read, but I am sure I dont have to know the exact words. I had really wished he would eventually accept you. The one friend I told you about the gay one, he outed by his mother with 15 or 16 idk anymore but his mother started to accept it a couple of years ago. So she just needed a long long time nearly 2 decades to accept him.

The only thing he could do is to get closer to the family members he had that were supportive.

• Replies 23.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,:coffee:

I've been away camping at a Bluegrass Festival, so I'm 4 days behind on the flow of things here. I hope that everyone is moving forward in their lives, and know you have a supportive network here.

My Fathers Day was breaking camp and driving home. My son and daughter-in-law who were camping with us didn't get me anything for specific to Fathers Day. They did greet me with a Happy Fathers Day coffee, as well as cook breakfast and buy lunch. My daughter who lives North of Chicago sent me a box of cooking spices, and seasonings. Her gift had a lovely card. I will always be dad to them, and I don't mind that they call me dad. They do differ in how they support my transition.

I quoted President Abraham Lincoln in a post yesterday, and today is JUNETEENTH here in the USA. I hope everyone who celebrates this historic event, has a wonderful day.  

Hugs,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋💖

• Forum Moderator

@Ashley0616I am so sorry that your father rejected you like he did. A parents love should be unconditional.

I know exactly how you feel. Our oldest son did that to me for a year. I came out to him by a letter. minutes after I sent it, I get a call from him. "Is this from you" Yes"  "OK, I've been getting joke and crud email lately. No matter what I still love you."

Then next thing I know he is not talking to me. and tells my wife she should leave me. I would lay money on it that my son talked to his wife. She was raised catholic. I finally stopped, (yeah, right) to appease them so I could see my grandson and only granddaughter. In the elephant in the room talk. while I cannot remember what was said before but my DIL. Stated, You played with my kids, you slept in my house. Like I was some type of deviant. That still cuts me to the bone.

Well yesterday finally got the power seats up and running in my 94 Explorer. They are out of our 2000 Explorer limited. SO I had to figure out how to bypass the seat memory junk. Wound up being easy. I did have a ride took a ride around town with the wife. Then met our youngest at DQ for fathers day ice cream.

Have a good day, all

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I got happy Father’s Day from my daughter via text, similarly from my oldest granddaughter and lastly from my son who called between flights.  Wife and I went to the beach after church. Stayed for three hours .  Got home and went to the pool for a bit.  She made me a nice dinner too.  I ended my day with evening church where I gave the Bible reading with explanation of its true meaning verses what most people think.  

we are watching the progression of the storm coming off Africa towards the Caribbean.  It’s gone from unlikely to become a named tropical storm to very likely but still too far out to determine who will be impacted.  We are in zone C so if it does head our way we are least likely tor mandatory evacuation.  But when they start this early, it’s not a good sign.

Willow

Thanks for all the support. I guess it's just matter of time to see if he comes around. I have done a lot of thinking and would accept him back on two circumstances. One that he will never call me anything derogatory again and two which will probably be the hardest a sincere apology from him. Grass is cut thank goodness before it gets too hot. I usually get it done in the morning but was feeling very nauseous. I was only able to cut the front yard and then waited a while and got done with the back.

Saw my doctor. I will be sent to a cardiologist for a full workup. Also they recommended eating liver twice a week to bring up my iron levels. 

Let them know if chest pains return. 

1 hour ago, Birdie said:

Saw my doctor. I will be sent to a cardiologist for a full workup. Also they recommended eating liver twice a week to bring up my iron levels. 

Thank you for the update. I'm wondering if they are going to send you home with a monitor to get readings for 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you for the update. I'm wondering if they are going to send you home with a monitor to get readings for 24 hours. 

They didn't

4 hours ago, Birdie said:

Hopefully they recommended a good supplement.  I'd also say that eating red meat (especially beef) is generally pretty good. 

I actually went out by myself today.  I was so nervous!  Since I was assaulted at the end of last summer, I haven't wanted to leave home alone even for minor stuff.  I've tried very hard to take somebody with me every time, and I've stayed home more in general, because home is safe.  I've even mostly stayed "behind the wire" as nothing gets past the fence that surrounds the house, garden and outbuildings.

But today, I had to.  GF was busy doing an emergency plumbing job at one of her rent houses.  The sheet metal for her storm-damaged truck came in, and was ready for pickup at the warehouse in the city.  I tried to convince a partner to go with me, but nobody had the time.  I feel bad about GF's truck, so I swallowed my fear and went solo. 

I don't think I've been that scared in a while.  I let everybody know where I was going and how long it would take me, and what phase of the trip I was on.  Its only about 45 minutes away from the house, but I wasn't taking chances.  What I hadn't planned on was how BIG the parts were.  Two fenders, a hood, and three other panels I can't identify.  I'm kind of proud that I got it all strapped down appropriately.  The warehouse guys were kind enough to put them on the back of my truck when they saw how small I am.  Even with strength training, it's hard to lift things I can barely reach the edges of, especially when walking is still not easy.  🙄  

By the time I got home, I had to take a shower.  It must be the stress, but I felt SO COLD even though it was 90 degrees out.  And yet, my clothes were so sweat-soaked I could wring the water out of them.  I pretty much fell apart when I got inside.  I didn't notice one of my partners behind me, and when she spoke to me I jumped and squeaked.  Kind of embarrassing to be such a chicken after all this time. 😪     

2 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I swallowed my fear and went solo.

Good for you.  It was a step toward getting past some of the trauma, and I know it wasn't easy.  I'm glad for you.  As they say, good things come in small packages.

@awkward-yet-sweet You inspired me to book a gender affirmation GP in a not so close suburb when i was too scared. 

So, thank you for your bravery. Even better I got an appointment for the 4th July, way sooner than anywhere else. 

This GP only sees gender affirmation care clients - so knows the system here. It's a 45min drive or public transport 3 hrs plus.

I guess I will drive lol. It's on the edge of the CBD here. I may have to postpone the Gender therapy appointments to recharge the bank accounts.

Mayberob- closer to Kate

4 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I actually went out by myself today.  I was so nervous!  Since I was assaulted at the end of last summer, I haven't wanted to leave home alone even for minor stuff.  I've tried very hard to take somebody with me every time, and I've stayed home more in general, because home is safe.  I've even mostly stayed "behind the wire" as nothing gets past the fence that surrounds the house, garden and outbuildings.

But today, I had to.  GF was busy doing an emergency plumbing job at one of her rent houses.  The sheet metal for her storm-damaged truck came in, and was ready for pickup at the warehouse in the city.  I tried to convince a partner to go with me, but nobody had the time.  I feel bad about GF's truck, so I swallowed my fear and went solo. 

I don't think I've been that scared in a while.  I let everybody know where I was going and how long it would take me, and what phase of the trip I was on.  Its only about 45 minutes away from the house, but I wasn't taking chances.  What I hadn't planned on was how BIG the parts were.  Two fenders, a hood, and three other panels I can't identify.  I'm kind of proud that I got it all strapped down appropriately.  The warehouse guys were kind enough to put them on the back of my truck when they saw how small I am.  Even with strength training, it's hard to lift things I can barely reach the edges of, especially when walking is still not easy.  🙄  

By the time I got home, I had to take a shower.  It must be the stress, but I felt SO COLD even though it was 90 degrees out.  And yet, my clothes were so sweat-soaked I could wring the water out of them.  I pretty much fell apart when I got inside.  I didn't notice one of my partners behind me, and when she spoke to me I jumped and squeaked.  Kind of embarrassing to be such a chicken after all this time. 😪     

I was beaten and mugged about 20 years ago. It took me years to get over it, so I understand completely. 

If it happens once, the brain keeps thinking it's going to happen again. 

I even ended up moving away. I just didn't trust the area anymore. 

4 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Hopefully they recommended a good supplement.  I'd also say that eating red meat (especially beef) is generally pretty good. 

My doctor doesn't like supplements for some reason. Red meat was mentioned, but liver was the first choice if I like it. 

I happen to really like liver so I ordered 3 pounds of it, and a chuck roast for the weekend. 😉

Good morning

It's a great day and I'm starting to feel better. 

I have been on a diet for almost a year now that saw some great results, but apparently effected my health.

I was basically just filling up on salads and veggies and hardly eating much else other than protein shakes w/flax seed. The occasional meal outside as a treat. 

My blood test results were not good at all, and my iron levels were very low. Apparently I had malnutrition as a result. 

I never imagined an overweight individual as having malnutrition. You learn something every day. 

Everything I'm eating is just fine, but I need to add more "meat" protein to it. They suggested beef liver or red meat. 

I won't be losing weight as fast I guess, but I won't be killing myself either. 

I do hope y'all have a great day. 

Birdie💖

On 6/18/2023 at 9:02 PM, MaybeRob said:

currently a ex smoker. Not for health reasons - just money. It costs a lot to be a girl!

I quit about 4 years ago. I switched to a vape just long enough to wing myself off nicotine. 

And yes, smoking is very expensive. I would much rather use the money to spend at Torrid. 💃

@awkward-yet-sweet congratulations! I haven't been beaten up yet as a trans yet thank goodness and hopefully won't. I guess I should probably get mace or something to protect myself. 

On 6/18/2023 at 9:02 PM, MaybeRob said:

Hi all

Been a bit depressed myself April, so I know how you're feeling.

My mood has come from my Hrt journey. I did consider abandoning my gender affirmation - but one the box is opened I can't close it. I have an appointment later this month to discuss the cost involved in seeing an Endocrinologist and how many appts I need. It seems because I'm over 50 I have to see one. Mentally I can't deal with a 2 year wait for the public system. 

The good news is after 40 plus years I am currently a ex smoker. Not for health reasons - just money. It costs a lot to be a girl!

Ashley - my heart goes out to you!

Rob/kate.

Thank you and congratulations on stopping from smoking. I know that's tough. I saw it when my parents did it after doing it for 30 years. They haven't had one in over 10 years. I'll be praying for you that is a very long time to get on HRT wow! I will say this though it's definitely worth it. I have been nauseous and getting tired a lot quicker. The good thing is I feel better and that's what counts or at least that's how I feel. 

9 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you and congratulations on stopping from smoking. I know that's tough.

It is hard.  I did it years ago.  I have tried to smoke a couple of times since - just to p*ss people off - but now it just makes me feel sick.  But that is a good thing.

Since starting my transition, I have much less desire to p*ss anyone off anyway.

• Forum Moderator

Congrats on those who kicked the habit. I however never got into the habit. with both parents smoking and my wife smoked for about the first 4 1/2 yrs of our marriage. Our middle son has picked up the habit, he is an adult so that is up to him.

Luckily, I haven't been assaulted, yet. I however do carry protection about 90% of the time.  I am even going to try and have protection when I go to my reunion. Kinda hard in a dress and without a purse. I have a couple ideas.

Enough of that. Well we may be bringing the new member of the family home tomorrow. He will be 8 weeks old. If not tomorrow it probably be Friday or Sunday. I picked up his food yesterday, and have other things coming tomorrow. Haven't got a collar for him yet. not sure what size he needs.

Have a good day.

Kymmie

18 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Kinda hard in a dress and without a purse. I have a couple ideas.

I use the "bra pocket" all the time. I just slip things down between the girls in the cleavage. I was just showing my daughter the other day that I can hide both remotes in there. 

40 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Kinda hard in a dress and without a purse. I have a couple ideas.

I have a garter that can hold a small framed thing.  I haven't felt it necessary yet though.

My "A" size bra is only good enough for a small cellphone.  

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Ivy said:

I have a garter that can hold a small framed thing.  I haven't felt it necessary yet though.

My "A" size bra is only good enough for a small cellphone.  

I have one as well. But mine is a small frame yet it still shows. If I can find my J22. It would be a perfect size.

19 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

But mine is a small frame yet it still shows.

Well, I don't wear short or tight skirts.  Also, inside of thigh can be worn although not as comfy.