• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

25 minutes ago, Alessia said:

So am I right intersex is your preference?

"If" I need to clarify to a stranger, "intersex" would be my first choice in words. 

I of course prefer that I don't have too clarify, and would rather just blend in. 

The Hebrew version of "andirog'inos" is viewed as synonymous with hermaphrodite, where "Saris" is viewed as a feminine male. The world might be adopted from the greek but didn't receive the exact meaning when adopted. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Birdie said:

"If" I need to clarify to a stranger, "intersex" would be my first choice in words. 

I of course prefer that I don't have too clarify, and would rather just blend in. 

The Hebrew version of "andirog'inos" is viewed as synonymous with hermaphrodite, where "Saris" is viewed as a feminine male. The world might be adopted from the greek but didn't receive the exact meaning when adopted. 

I understand what you are writing, I hope I did not offend you but if so I apologize.

2 minutes ago, Alessia said:

I understand what you are writing, I hope I did not offend you but if so I apologize.

No, not at all 😉

• Forum Moderator
On 6/9/2023 at 9:32 AM, Alessia said:

I think Eventually I want to open up ans showing a picture, but for now the cat describes me pretty well

Good morning everyone,:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Alessia, your choice of Avitar/AVI is a good one, and no one will pressure you to post real time pictures of yourself. You'll know when you feel comfortable with it. Everyone that I've encountered here is very supportive, and only make suggestive comment when you ask for comments or help.

Yesterday my wife got a private message from one of her cousins, warning us that a planned family reunion taking place in Eureka Springs, AR in two weeks, is happening during the height of Pride Month. Eureka Springs, AR is the Capital of Pride and the Gay community. The message sounded like a negative warning, and solicited her opinion. She read the response to me, and it was comforting that she told this cousin to react with respect, and understand you have a choice to spectate or participate. The choice was hers. We will not be changing our plans to see family in a community that seems to be open minded and inclusive. If family members choose to avoid this long time planned family gathering because there's another long time planned event going on at the same time. It's their closed mind that will cause them to miss a fun family gathering. I thanked her with a smile when she read her response to me. Then I said wait until they get a load of me... I won't be flamboyant with my presentation, but I will be supporting my colors. Several of her family members know about my coming out, and while not totally supportive, they aren't negative towards us. The majority of this family was raised Pentecostal, and focus on living in the Bible Belt for a reason. We're not going to let them spoil our fun, and visit to Eureka Springs, AR.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

16 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone,:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Alessia, your choice of Avitar/AVI is a good one, and no one will pressure you to post real time pictures of yourself. You'll know when you feel comfortable with it. Everyone that I've encountered here is very supportive, and only make suggestive comment when you ask for comments or help.

Yesterday my wife got a private message from one of her cousins, warning us that a planned family reunion taking place in Eureka Springs, AR in two weeks, is happening during the height of Pride Month. Eureka Springs, AR is the Capital of Pride and the Gay community. The message sounded like a negative warning, and solicited her opinion. She read the response to me, and it was comforting that she told this cousin to react with respect, and understand you have a choice to spectate or participate. The choice was hers. We will not be changing our plans to see family in a community that seems to be open minded and inclusive. If family members choose to avoid this long time planned family gathering because there's another long time planned event going on at the same time. It's their closed mind that will cause them to miss a fun family gathering. I thanked her with a smile when she read her response to me. Then I said wait until they get a load of me... I won't be flamboyant with my presentation, but I will be supporting my colors. Several of her family members know about my coming out, and while not totally supportive, they aren't negative towards us. The majority of this family was raised Pentecostal, and focus on living in the Bible Belt for a reason. We're not going to let them spoil our fun, and visit to Eureka Springs, AR.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you for sharing your experience with me, I appreciate it.

I already wrote with some of you and it is very true, all of you are absoulutely fantastic and exactly what I needed.

You are true kindhearted spirits all of you 🥲

The Chinese food place addressed me as "ma'am" again. Even the Torrid SA didn't know until she looked up my account. 

And I'm just wearing shorts and a tshirt. 😉

Why the day center won't let me use the girl's room is beyond me. 🤔

On 6/9/2023 at 11:17 AM, Davie said:

I'm telling folks I'm riding on a trolley in tomorrow's Pride Parade--they all ask "What will you be wearing?" I did not plan what to wear and now I'm panicked. What? What should I wear? A wig? Does this mean I'll also have to play guitar for the Doobie Brothers? Tsk, tsk.

244104210_browmblondWigcopy.jpg.17ad3ac6af936ee1e0144a9e46b261a7.jpg

Alas, the wig didn't ship in time, however, I did show up, show off, and had great fun at the Boston Pride Parade!

IMG_1956.jpeg

• Forum Moderator
48 minutes ago, Davie said:

I did show up, show off, and had great fun at the Boston Pride Parade!

That's great Davie!

I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful too.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Good Morning y'all!

Just a lazy day at home planned today, nothing really special. 

I'll make my coffee here in a bit as soon as I get up enough energy to do so. 

A friend might join me for lunch later, so I guess I'll make gluten free vegetarian pizza. 

Have a wonderful day y'all! 

Birdie 💖

• Forum Moderator
29 minutes ago, natalianatalia said:

Nice Sunday Summer Sunday and always think positive!

Good morning Natalianatalia,

It's unseasonably dry and cool here in Central Indiana, USA. I try my best and for the most part am a positive thinker. I do have some personal stressors out side of my trans issues. They are work related, and normal, according to my therapist. I hope you had a wonderful Sunday, and your week goes well.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Birdie said:

I'll make my coffee here in a bit as soon as I get up enough energy to do so.

Good morning Birdie,

I'm guessing you're using a mobile device to check in to coffee talk. My morning routine doesn't start until coffee is brewing. I'm so impatient that my first cup is from a Kuerig, while the larger pot brews.

My arthritic hands won't allow me to use my mobile device while laying in bed. Once coffee is brewing, I take my morning medications, and eat a small cup of yogurt or rice pudding. Our real breakfast meal is more of a brunch around 10:30 once my wife is up, and gone through her morning rituals. She's a night owl, and I'm a morning bird.

Hug,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Well good morning y'all. Not feeling good today so I might skip on church today. Stomach is in knots, nauseous and have cold sweats. I'm hoping this goes away soon because I really want to go to church because there is going to be a guest preacher who has been doing it for over 65 years.

• Forum Moderator
2 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

I'm hoping this goes away soon because I really want to go to church because there is going to be a guest preacher who has been doing it for over 65 years.

Hopefully the church service is in a couple of hours, and your stomach has time to settle out, or pass whatever is going on.

Hope you feel better soon,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Just now, Mmindy said:

Hopefully the church service is in a couple of hours, and your stomach has time to settle out, or pass whatever is going on.

Hope you feel better soon,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thank you! Thankfully not till 10.

I hope you'll get better soon Ashley, here we have a hot summer days in Athens Mnindy i hope so get better too Mnindy and nope i am writing from my laptop

1 minute ago, natalianatalia said:

I hope you'll get better soon Ashley, here we have a hot summer days in Athens Mnindy i hope so get better too Mnindy and nope i am writing from my laptop

It's a cool day here. There was a storm throughout the night. The only thing that sucks about the rain is the humidity that comes after and it can get pretty bad in the south of the US. The temperature could say 70 or 80 something but that humidity sure can make a difference. 

I ll tell you all of you a strange thing that i feel, the trouth with me is that i am in home and i dont like to go out even a walk cause i wanted to do it when i go out as a woman and nothing cant be change these feelings.. i know this is not a normal situation but its all i feel all i want! and nothing can be change my mind yes i am crazy say it its true hahaha maybe... cause i want so much to go out not as a woman but really... woman

• Forum Moderator

Good morning

coffee is good and welcome this morning.

I do not post pictures of myself on open websites, but I do when I can control who can see them.  New pictures are few and far between.  Example my profile picture next to this post.  I don’t even have this wig any more.  The problem with wigs is they don’t last very long before you have to replace them. I prefer to not make sudden drastic changes but it’s difficult not to.

anyway, I received this yesterday

ATA a girl certificate from work

47 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

Well good morning y'all. Not feeling good today so I might skip on church today. Stomach is in knots, nauseous and have cold sweats. I'm hoping this goes away soon because I really want to go to church because there is going to be a guest preacher who has been doing it for over 65 years.

I hope you feel better soon Ashley and good morning to you all.

2 minutes ago, Alessia said:

I hope you feel better soon Ashley and good morning to you all.

Thank you I can use it. I got daring and decided to have a cup of coffee. It's kind of a requirement as I'm just like my Mom. If I don't have coffee in the morning than I'll be getting a migraine later on. 

1 minute ago, Ashley0616 said:

Thank you I can use it. I got daring and decided to have a cup of coffee. It's kind of a requirement as I'm just like my Mom. If I don't have coffee in the morning than I'll be getting a migraine later on. 

It is not very often, but I can relate to migraine too. I have just mild black tea with a little bit of honey put in it and a green limette. Later we going to have a bbq in the garden with friends and my brother.

50 minutes ago, Willow said:

The problem with wigs is they don’t last very long before you have to replace them. I prefer to not make sudden drastic changes but it’s difficult not to.

Once I finally got a wig, it wasn't real long until I got another.  I actually do switch off.  LOL.  I can change my hairstyle pretty easily.

I do have shoulder length hair, just not on top.  A lot of the time I just go without the wig, and cover the top with a hat or scarf.

I know - and have seen - cis women with very thin hair.  And of course some cis ladies do use wigs.

But in my case, in this town people know I'm trans anyway - for better or worse.  I do stay with my natural color though, grey.

56 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Once I finally got a wig, it wasn't real long until I got another.  I actually do switch off.  LOL.  I can change my hairstyle pretty easily.

I do have shoulder length hair, just not on top.  A lot of the time I just go without the wig, and cover the top with a hat or scarf.

I know - and have seen - cis women with very thin hair.  And of course some cis ladies do use wigs.

But in my case, in this town people know I'm trans anyway - for better or worse.  I do stay with my natural color though, grey.

Intersex can have thinning hair as well. Mine is much thinner on top, and I have to part on the side and "comb over" for it to look the way I want. Thinning hair is just part of getting old: male, female, or in-between. 😉

• Forum Moderator

Morning all.

My Saturday, with the wife here. I was able to sleep in. Don't know why, lately I can only sleep in when she is with me. Could be that L word. Don't know.

Waiting for the coffee to brew. I normally access the site and post with my laptop. Sometime with my phone. If I am in need to post something.

Well I think and hope I fixed the fuel leak on the wagon. I just forgot to check my fittings and didn't tighten one. Had it under pressure for about 5 minutes with no leakage. So, fingers crossed. I have 4 days till we are taking her to the show. Going to take her on an Ice Cream run today. about 60 miles round trip.

gotta go coffee is calling, and I must answer.

Kymmie