Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.


KymmieL

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone, 

 

I’m in rural Missouri south of St. Louis, MO and girl… I’m turning heads in this roadside restaurant eating breakfast. You would think I’m the first androgynous person they’ve ever seen, or we could just be the strangers in town who were brave enough to stop and eat. My wife and I are the only ones here without a beard. 
 

For now I have to say the coffee is excellent and the mug size is generous. The server is polite and uses sweetie and honey when she addresses everyone. We don’t have to be at our family function until 3:00pm so after breakfast we’re checking out a cool state park just a little bit further South. 
 

Hugs from the middle of TRUMP land.

 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

 

 

IMG_0689.jpeg

I have walked into a restaurant in rural Missouri and every eye has turned and conversation stopped, not because I am Superman or something, but simply because I am a stranger and that is unusual. And you ask carefully, is this seat taken, because it is likely Bob will be along in five minutes and he always sits there, and his feathers will be ruffled if you violate local custom.  They may helpfully tell you where to sit, and you should listen.  They will be polite, usually, and a woman alone will get some attention and remarks. Two women, not so much.  It still might happen.  

 

A friend of mine from rural Kansas told me that in his hometown the cops will pull a vehicle from out of town over simply for being there and the cop wants to know what you are doing in town.  I suspect then the cop follows you around to be sure that you leave on time.  It is really creepy but that is the culture.

Link to comment
  • Replies 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Willow

    2092

  • KymmieL

    1675

  • Mmindy

    1427

  • Ivy

    1223

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got back at the neighbor that reported a while back.I reported him to the supervisor for having junk in his back yard which he has.Supervisor saw it and said action will happen.I keep my yard clean even the back part.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Mmindy said:

I’m in rural Missouri south of St. Louis, MO and girl… I’m turning heads in this roadside restaurant eating breakfast. You would think I’m the first androgynous person they’ve ever seen, or we could just be the strangers in town who were brave enough to stop and eat. My wife and I are the only ones here without a beard.

 

You're probably not the first...just the most interesting thing on an otherwise boring Saturday morning.  Depending on what town it was, they might have even seen me....  The wacky thing about rural life is that everybody notices even the smallest stuff. :blink:  It felt a little bit weird being the androgynous one, but nobody thinks twice about me now. 

 

8 hours ago, Abigail Genevieve said:

A friend of mine from rural Kansas told me that in his hometown the cops will pull a vehicle from out of town over simply for being there and the cop wants to know what you are doing in town.  I suspect then the cop follows you around to be sure that you leave on time.  It is really creepy but that is the culture.

 

It ain't just that town...its standard procedure in my county.  Got out-of-state plates?  It always looks like a case of "improper lane use" and you're getting pulled over.  And those who have a problem with it....they see our extremely efficient courthouse staff.  Same-day service :rolleyes:  My sister is a deputy sheriff here, and her department has a running joke that this an "unofficial theme song" for them...

 

 

 

7 hours ago, Adrianna Danielle said:

Got back at the neighbor that reported a while back.I reported him to the supervisor for having junk in his back yard which he has.Supervisor saw it and said action will happen.I keep my yard clean even the back part.

 

Good for you!  My GF would call that "reverse karma."  What came around to you...send it back around.  It might not be the nicest thing to do, but sometimes turning the other cheek just ends up continuing the problem.

Link to comment

Good morning, everyone! This head cold is certainly screwing with my sleep pattern. I woke up at 1AM needing to reload on cough medicine and then, again at 4. As soon as I stir, the dog sees her opportunity to go for a walk and have breakfast.

 

So, I'm two cups of coffee into the day and have already read the local paper and checked on the National/International news.

 

On the good side, it seems that my cold is starting to break up...which means I might actually get my voice back sometime soon.

 

Enjoy this beautiful day we've been given!!

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Good morning 

 

I soon have to get ready for church.  
 

I ran into a very nice but concerned police officer on late evening in a small Kansas town.  I had gotten off I70 driving home from Denver to Virginia.  I tried one hotel, they were full I stopped at a drive through and had just pulled out on the main road when I noticed a local police car behind me.  Ok I wasn’t doing anything but then the lights came on. Turns out I hadn’t turned on my headlights.  We talked I told him what I was looking for and he made a couple of recommendations and that was it.  Just a strange truck with Virginia tags driving in western Kansas but I had all my paperwork so he was pleased.  Good bye with a be sure to turn your headlights on.

 

i had a nosey neighbor who complained about me.  I had bought a boat that needed some work.  I would go get the boat bring it home work on it and take it back to to the marina.  The neighbor complained that I was doing the work, which was not against any rules and that I was keeping the boat over night which I wasn’t.  I got a nasty letter and blew up about it. Whom ever was complaining got told to mind their own business I wasn’t breaking any rules.

 

My usual breakfast of OJ, Waffle and crude oil often referred to as coffee on board so time to get ready.  40 pages left in my text book then I need to consider my topic for my research paper.  There is a lot of material to consider.  I’ll have to seek some advice.

 

Have a wonderful blessed day!

 

Willow

Link to comment

Good Morning!

 

Just started sipping my first cup of coffee and am still smiling about the Zoom meeting last night - first one I've been to in a while and it was nice. Thanks!

 

Then I'll load my weird little drum kit into the car for church. It looks something like this:

 

IMG_7776.thumb.jpeg.47942c64dfd1f02287bdd4e0585b1bb4.jpeg

 

-Timi

Link to comment

Back in the day, I crossed the country a few times.  Even on the interstate I got pulled over and searched numerous times.  Even here where I live, it was a constant thing.  Cops tend to tear through your stuff, and then leave you to put it back together.  Assuming they didn't arrest you for something minor.

I don't hate the police or anything.  I realize they are necessary.  But I'm not big on harassment.

Link to comment

Well so far things are looking up to finally gaining a friend IRL. She has a lot of friends so I think that's a good thing. 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

Well so far things are looking up to finally gaining a friend IRL. She has a lot of friends so I think that's a good thing. 

 

That sounds like a good thing.  Friend groups often get bigger like a snowball, if you meet people who have some contacts of their own.  It has certainly been that way for me.  Ten years ago, I was pretty isolated.  Now I've got family and a group of close friends.  Life does get better!

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Ivy said:

Even here where I live, it was a constant thing.  Cops tend to tear through your stuff, and then leave you to put it back together. 

I see it here too.  I think a lot of people don't understand that they can just say "No" on 4th Amendment grounds.  My sister tells me that she'll ask people "Can I take a look inside your car?"  or "Do you mind if I search?" And people actually give permission!  Its really crazy.  She did have one guy tell her, "You can look all you like, but you have to agree to put everything back the way I had it." 

 

Keep the doors locked, and if you have to step out of the car, "accidentally" leave the keys inside and lock the door behind you.  "Oh, crap!  I forgot!" :P  Most of the time the cops are looking for something easy, and won't go so far as to break a window or something without a real warrant.  Then you can call a friend or relative who has a spare key later, or keep a spare in your shoe.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

 

That sounds like a good thing.  Friend groups often get bigger like a snowball, if you meet people who have some contacts of their own.  It has certainly been that way for me.  Ten years ago, I was pretty isolated.  Now I've got family and a group of close friends.  Life does get better!

It got even better! I talked to a guy on the phone for 3 hours and 35 minutes!

Link to comment
On 4/3/2024 at 6:35 PM, Mmindy said:

Good evening Rachel,

 

Congratulations on selling your house, and your up coming surgery. I hope taking off a couple of weeks gives you time to recharge, and feel better.

 

Hugs,

 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

thankyou just got my internet back on today from the storm we HAD ON THE 4. AND YES I AM TAKING 3 WEEKS OFF

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, rachel w said:
On 4/3/2024 at 6:35 PM, Mmindy said:

thankyou just got my internet back on today from the storm we HAD ON THE 4. AND YES I AM TAKING 3 WEEKS OFF

Oh wow, I hope everything is okay with you and your family. I hate how disconnected you feel when communications are down. 
 

Hugs,

 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

I have done the straight through travel when I was in the service. Driving straight through to Detroit from Rapid City, SD. Now a days I don't even try. going there. I will do a cannonball heading home, though. If I need to stop I will stop. This girl isn't Wonder Woman. (anymore LOL)  I think the worse is NEB. Over 400 miles across, and boring as all get out.

 

Got some work done on the Explorer, New rocker panel painted. The rest of the trim holes welded up on the passenger side.  Getting the longer brake hoses tomorrow. So I don't have to worry about stretching the already longer lines. The new ones are 5" longer than the F250 Superduty lines I already have.

 

Tomorrow starts my unplanned, unscheduled, and unneeded time off. I can only hope the boss will see their way to help out the pocket book. But highly doubt it.

 

Hugs,

Kymmie

 

 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Good morning 

 

glad to be here this morning, and not necessarily in a way you might be thinking.  
 

I had a dream last night that disturbed me I woke up after it and couldn’t get back to sleep.  It was a mixed up dream but I vividly saw high school friends that are no longer with us.  I found that disturbing in that were they in my mind because my turn is coming sooner than I thought?

 

I do believe that we get messages from beyond the world we know.  Some are good and others ominous but all have been true.  Was this one of those. I’m sure one of my therapists would love to discuss this with me.

 

So, @KymmieL time to pick your brain.  I’m looking at a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sierra but!, it has a golfball size rust HOLE.  I can’t say I’ve seen an actual rusted hole in a car for years.  I mean even my Explorer has surface rust on the roof from sitting years in the sun, but no holes.  It behind the rear wheel basically where three panels come together, back, side and bottom.  Looks to be inside out.  Where do I look for more and the source and is it repairable or serious considering the location?  Can the seam be sealed or do I pass on it?

 

Willow
 

 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

An old body man once told me, anything is repairable. He has a 70 Buick GSX that every body panel but the firewall has been replaced.

 

You should be able to get patch panels, over panels for it. Being the rust is at a body seam. Probably, wasn't completely seam sealed when it was made. could have been a scrape or chipped paint.  Letting in a little moisture that cause the hole. I would check, under the fenders, body panels, Etc. for anymore. I don't know the rust prone areas of Jeeps. But most vehicles it is the lower rear of the fender, were dirt and mud, and Etc can collect. Holding moisture and thus causing rust.

 

If it is something you like and runs good, Etc. I wouldn't let a little rust stop me from getting it. Just swing by and we'll get that problem taken care of, LOL.

 

Hugs

Kymmie

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

 

Albert Einstein knew what E=MC2 really stood for. 
 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

 

 

IMG_0720.jpeg

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

I’ve gone way past the little coffee cup or travel mug for my morning coffee. 
 

Welcome to Monday 

 

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

 

 

IMG_0714.jpeg

Link to comment

@rachel wI can imagine that selling your house was a great stress reliever. That was a long time to go without internet but glad that you have it now. I wish you good luck on the surgery! Take care!

Link to comment
11 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I have done the straight through travel when I was in the service. Driving straight through to Detroit from Rapid City, SD. Now a days I don't even try. going there. I will do a cannonball heading home, though. If I need to stop I will stop. This girl isn't Wonder Woman. (anymore LOL)  I think the worse is NEB. Over 400 miles across, and boring as all get out.

 

Got some work done on the Explorer, New rocker panel painted. The rest of the trim holes welded up on the passenger side.  Getting the longer brake hoses tomorrow. So I don't have to worry about stretching the already longer lines. The new ones are 5" longer than the F250 Superduty lines I already have.

 

Tomorrow starts my unplanned, unscheduled, and unneeded time off. I can only hope the boss will see their way to help out the pocket book. But highly doubt it.

 

Hugs,

Kymmie

 

 

That is a heck of a drive! Sounds like you have been busy with the Explorer. What year is it if you don't mind?

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Hi again

 

lets go back to driving long distance, I’d say that usually my limit is 9 or 10 hours these days. But I can go longer in a comfortable vehicle or not as long when it comes to an uncomfortable what I call a roller skate car.  Harsh ride and uncomfortable seat. The Taos we bought has been some where in the middle.  With the small foot area in front of the driver my left foot gets to really hurting even on a 2 hour drive.

 

Say @KymmieL you better be careful what you offer. I was thinking of making another west coast trip and I just might show up in your driveway panels in hand.  I would fly but I have no one to care for the dog unless I could talk my daughter or granddaughters into taking her and that would still require driving 10 hours each way verses.i could be half way to your house in a day.  

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Willow said:

Hi again

 

lets go back to driving long distance, I’d say that usually my limit is 9 or 10 hours these days. But I can go longer in a comfortable vehicle or not as long when it comes to an uncomfortable what I call a roller skate car.  Harsh ride and uncomfortable seat. The Taos we bought has been some where in the middle.  With the small foot area in front of the driver my left foot gets to really hurting even on a 2 hour drive.

 

Say @KymmieL you better be careful what you offer. I was thinking of making another west coast trip and I just might show up in your driveway panels in hand.  I would fly but I have no one to care for the dog unless I could talk my daughter or granddaughters into taking her and that would still require driving 10 hours each way verses.i could be half way to your house in a day.  

Heck you beat me in distance. I can only drive 6 hours and then I'm just too tired

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

Bumped the wrong place anyway we never did the southern route the last time because I was so distraught I just wanted to get home.  Wife was mad at me the whole way because she didn’t realize what was going on with me.

 

So, Orthopedic surgeon report, no bone spur or fracture, no surgery or shots but more intense stretches and exercises and Dr Scholl’s heel cups. 
 

and as for the trip with a brand new Jeep I wasn’t too comfortable doing any off road with it which was another disappointment to my wife. What was the point if you don’t off road?  Well! This one I’d be more than willing to off road easy to moderate to begin with.  I can actually do that near by to get started.  4 hours to the closest real off reading.  Hill and ruts and rocks.

 

This one is still pretty much stock Sierra, 18 “ aluminum rims and all season tires.  

Link to comment

I feel like crap today.  Doesn't matter that its Monday, since I don't really have a job.  But I got dragged out of my soft nest this morning, and then pounced on by "perky hyper morning girlfriend."  :mellow:  She scampered off after a while, and I managed to slink back into my nest, only to get dragged out again.  OK, fine, I'm up....I'm cross and lethargic.  Now what? 

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Willow said:

Bumped the wrong place anyway we never did the southern route the last time because I was so distraught I just wanted to get home.  Wife was mad at me the whole way because she didn’t realize what was going on with me.

 

So, Orthopedic surgeon report, no bone spur or fracture, no surgery or shots but more intense stretches and exercises and Dr Scholl’s heel cups. 
 

and as for the trip with a brand new Jeep I wasn’t too comfortable doing any off road with it which was another disappointment to my wife. What was the point if you don’t off road?  Well! This one I’d be more than willing to off road easy to moderate to begin with.  I can actually do that near by to get started.  4 hours to the closest real off reading.  Hill and ruts and rocks.

 

This one is still pretty much stock Sierra, 18 “ aluminum rims and all season tires.  

Whew more power to you. 4 hours to off road sounds like a lot. 

 

15 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I feel like crap today.  Doesn't matter that its Monday, since I don't really have a job.  But I got dragged out of my soft nest this morning, and then pounced on by "perky hyper morning girlfriend."  :mellow:  She scampered off after a while, and I managed to slink back into my nest, only to get dragged out again.  OK, fine, I'm up....I'm cross and lethargic.  Now what? 

Yikes! I think you have a good job by helping raising kids. That to me can be even more stressful than a normal job. Your job never ends and if you're the only one you still have to work through it when you're sick. I think that stay-at-home parents should get a check a month by raising their kids. It's definitely not a job for the weak minded.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

    • MirandaB
    • LyndseyQ
    • MaybeRob
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • MaeBe
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      81k
    • Total Posts
      772.3k
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      8,259
    • Most Online
      8,356

    Edelweiss
    Newest Member
    Edelweiss
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. anonacalypse
      anonacalypse
    2. blujai831
      blujai831
    3. Howdidthishappen
      Howdidthishappen
      (25 years old)
    4. Kinnar
      Kinnar
    5. lunariaflower
      lunariaflower
      (36 years old)
  • Posts

    • Vidanjali
      What a great feeling. Happy for you you found a new product you like so much and which brings you joy :D
    • Davie
      A lot of stuff. Exactly so: Accept. Learn. Move on. Create anew.
    • EasyE
      No better words to see written here... blessings to you!
    • MaeBe
      Mostly, I've been in the same boat. Work called me Mike, that's over now. I still have some friends out there that I haven't socialized my chosen name and they do the same. That said, last night I went to a small party at a friend's house fully in myself and when asked if I go by a new name I said yes and gave it to them. No one batted an eye and referred to me as such the whole time. It was such a lovely evening being me.
    • MaeBe
      I have two kiddos, both AFAB. My eldest has since come out as trans. When he had come out to us the first time, it was years ago via a letter he'd written and left out conspicuously. We probably didn't do the best, but I kept an open mind and told him to be who they are and do so without putting himself in a box. He'd not expressed any masculine tendencies, from dress to desires, then or after so we thought it may have been a "friend group thing" until much later.   It was harder to reconcile when I operated as a cis father, I didn't know anything and I didn't have the language or comprehension to understand what being trans or a parent of a trans kid even meant. Our gender journeys weren't exactly timed the same, but over the last year we've both come out officially in one way or another. I'd been coming to terms with me over the past few years quietly and over the past year it's been an explosion of learning, so I no longer struggle with the concept--even though my mouth will engage without the brain sometimes, misgendering/naming him. So, I still slip and I'm in the same boat as him! It's amazing how much we let the subprocesses in our brains get us through life and how often it causes grief.   As for @missyjo, keep going! Every day is a new one and another they come around. If not, it's day you get to be you and learn how to live the life you want and need to.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Hmmm.... maybe send her this one?      At least from what I've seen, it seems like the majority of women are somewhat "flexible" when it comes to relationships and sex, so "I'm not a lesbian" could be a convenient excuse rather than the whole truth. 
    • VickySGV
      The sharing of the offerings as actual food and sustenance for the immediate family and for all of the others impresses me and I feel admiration for the custom involved here.  To me the 2/3's for others concept shows a side of Islamic beliefs that we do not hear about often enough. 
    • Ashley0616
      Well so much to catch up on. I have met the woman I love a lot! We met at trans women that love transwomen n. We have been talking for almost 2 weeks and things have moved fast but I'm not scared. Last night we had a conversation on when she would be able to move in. We will be living together in September of this year. I just need to save up to start the official divorce process. The time has finally come to when I can apply. My girlfriend's name is Camilia. We have at times have talked three times a day. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with her. We have hit off amazing. We have already been planning our life together. She is going to help me with the surgeries that I will get. I think about her all the time. She has accepted me for me and I have told her everything. Maybe she'll join us on the forum Well I'm not telling all the details but I wanted to talk about her.
    • Ashley0616
      Congrats! I know you feel amazing. I have just gotten used to being deadnamed. 
    • Lydia_R
      world sit tea zen   coffee doesn't grow on trees, but bananas do
    • MaeBe
      I hope it was a great time!   :HUGS:     It ended with a small non-holiday get together and started with me reffing and getting wicked tan lines. In between we were working toward our move and met with a realtor. It was a busy as heck Sunday. 
    • EasyE
      I know how much this hurts, missyjo ... and I am walking a similar tight-rope right now with my family (still keeping much a secret - how I dress, the fact I have started HRT) ... I am sitting here typing this on my back deck in a black skort, knowing that once my dad gets up and gets moving for the day, I'll trade out the skort for a pair of shorts (sigh ... This skort feels so comfortable and affirming!)   I am trying to look at things through their eyes, and trying to find as much positive as I can. Sometimes it is hard to find the positive, of course.   But this is a big shock to the system, even for well-grounded folks. Especially marriages. Our wives married who they thought were men. And now we are disclosing that there are deep feminine aspects about us. That is a big deal. Add the religious piece, and they likely feel a lot of shame. And the scorn of others, that maybe they failed in their roles...   And there is a sense, that while we are discovering and uncovering wonderful things about ourselves (many times things we didn't even know were there until, like, today!), folks around us are feeling betrayed. They feel we are purposefully misleading them and double-crossing them, maybe even taking delight in hurting them (though that is the last thing we are trying to do)...   With my wife, I misled her for a long time about a porn addiction I had. So to now tell her about this part of me, which I had never disclosed, feels like another betrayal in her eyes. This one seems to be the last straw for her (we have been separated for a year plus and she barely acknowledged me yesterday on Father's Day, which hurt a lot)...    As for parents, I imagine there is a sense of loss when we announce our transitions. For decades, they have taken pride in having a son or daughter. Now, we are switching things up on them. It likely feels like death to them (I am trying to see through their eyes -- maybe they picked out a special name, poured themselves into making us the best son/daughter we could be, and now we are rejecting that -- and, in their eyes, rejecting them! No wonder some have a hard time even facing us).   I have two daughters. I treasure that they are girls/women. If they were to transition to men, it would be tough, even for me, to be frank. Though for some reason I think it is easier if the transition was FTM than MTF. Society seems to value men more. Of course, I am delighted to be my daughters' dads. I am not their mom or sister or auntie. And no matter how things turn out for me, I am still their dad (who wears a black skort and loves it). So this is really weird on my end, lol...    All to say: Patience is required for all involved. Us with ourselves. Us with others. And by God's grace, others with us...If we can continue to love throughout the process and be lovable people towards others, never wavering in our commitment despite the negative/hurtful responses around us, time will heal many wounds. Probably not all. But hopefully many... 
    • Ivy
      There is a lot of stuff we learn to live with.  It's just our environment.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,    I had a lot of catching up to do here today. I’ve been away from social media for nearly a week camping at a Bluegrass Festival at Bill Monroe Campgrounds in Beanblossom, IN. Father’s Day gift from my son was that he and my grandson broke camp and readied the camper for departure. My daughter shipped me a tablet or phone holder and a supply of French Lavender Sachets for my drawers and bathroom. She is my biggest supporter and understands my situation in transition.    Hugs for y’all  Monday after vacation sucks.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • missyjo
      delcina..thank you. i keep naively thinking the road to tolerance n acceptance goes by way of sharing experiences together n realizing the gender issues become smalle4 n smalle4 each time..but that doesn't work if they don't wish to see us. shrugs. oh well..it happens I guess. thank you   .indy..good for you. thank you. I'm trying to learn that.    hugs to all 5hat want them

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.
×
×
  • Create New...